[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Give me reason why should i/shouldn't play Witcher III it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 8

File: Witcher III.jpg (57KB, 292x414px) Image search: [Google]
Witcher III.jpg
57KB, 292x414px
Give me reason why should i/shouldn't play Witcher III it's seems that half board hates it and half praise it.Who is right ?
>>
Are you able to put up with mediocre gameplay?

Then play it. But play TW1 first.
>>
>>382249096
>it's seems that half board hates it
No, that´s really mostly just a single dedicated crazy person.
>>
>>382249416
With the right talents and tree choices the combat is allot more fun then just light attack heavy attack.

There are times it feels weak, mostly during times you are fighting enemies above your level. If its your kind of world/story there is a abundance of things to pay attention to and the world is extremely fleshed out.
>>
I would say on the current patch its easily a great play through. As long as you grab a few mods and under options put Movement Type to Alternative the game plays pretty well. It was far clunkier on launch.

As for the RPG side of things, its excellent. Side quests have fleshed out stories that impact the world, and everything feels finely detailed.

If it looks interesting to you, it doesn't let down in the ways its clearly supposed to excel in.
>>
>>382249096
Autists harping on gameplay that's average and ignoring all the great shit the game does while posting the same couple of webms or glitches
VS
The near universal praise, hundreds of GOTY awards, the fact it's DLC won GOTY because the 2 expansions are that good.
What do you think?
>>
>>382249096
Dont buy it if you like video games with gameplay.
>>
>>382249096
gameplay is boring esp. if you've played other open world crafting-type vidya games. combat can feel really unresponsive; coming right out of dark souls 3, it was really weird how enemies reacted to getting whacked with a sword

I wouldn't play this game for gameplay, but the story is engaging and the scenery is incredible. Just keep in mind that it's a better fantasy visual novel than sandbox fighting game
>>
>>382249096
Horror controls and combat that gets old very, very quickly. Also detective mode you use to look for clues that actually lowers your field of vision so you can't find obvious things and get headaches from trying.
>>
File: 1477094697231.gif (349KB, 159x161px) Image search: [Google]
1477094697231.gif
349KB, 159x161px
>>382249096
Top atmosphere, riding around forests is comfy as fuck, the world is full of interesting characters and every side quest has a story to it.
For example, there is a dude that wants to duel 100 guys to demonstrate love to his girfriend, and you fuck him up several times trough the game. It's a refined game about little details done right.

Some flaws that people always bring up is the combat and batman senses. The first one is subjective, i guess people bash it for not being dark souls, but it's true that even on hard after 5 hours you'll have no problem by spamming dodge/quick attack. The second flaw is kinda boring on the long run, they handled badly your interaction with the world.
Probably a more complicated system in which you look up on the ground by yourself was too much for casuals, so i reccomend you to turn off as many helps as you can
>>
>>382250195
>detective mode

This is the one thing that has me worried about Cyberpunk. I really hope CDPR drops that mechanic entirely.
>>
The only opinion that matters is your own, you decide.
>>
>>382250195
>that actually lowers your field of vision so you can't find obvious things and get headaches from trying.
You can disable that part of it.
>>
>>382249704
>As long as you grab a few mods

What mods would you recommend?
>>
>>382250195
You know you can disable fish eye effect in options, right?

>>382250019
>>382249974
yeah, because every game have to be a soulsborne clone to be good

w3 hasn't the most challenging combat but this site loves Skyrim whose combat is literally "click LMB until enemy is dead"
>>
>>382250670
>Horse gallop in cities
>FOV Slider
>No Dirty Lens Effect (Personal preference)
>Thoughtful Roach
>Weathers Enhanced
>Jump in shallow water
>Custom Localization Fix (You need this the most probably. It allows mods to have setting menus which is required for stuff like the FOV mod)

FOV mod especially made the game play a lot nicer for me. Just being able to see more on screen made it feel way better for me.

For modding you'll wanna look into
>http:/nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/484/?

if they're not working.

A lot of mods wont need this but sometimes if two mods overlap you can use this to combine them and then the game will run fine.

There are plenty of other mod that change things more drastically but those are the basic ones I use that just do little fixes for annoying things in the game.
>>
>>382251227
I fucking hate skyrim combat

my grievances is that it's too skyrim-y. enemies don't react to getting hit. attacks do the same amount of damage, whether the enemy is on-guard or not. it seems like the default combat strategy is 'click it until it dies,' interspersed with some sign/bolt spamming

weapon durability really obliterates my almonds too
>>
>>382251373
Thanks anon.
>>
>>382249096
Half the board is right.
>>
>>382251373
thank you very much anon!
>>
>>382249096
It's pretty boring and there are a lot of cutscenes. Plus the game has mediocre writing which takes itself way too seriously.
>>
You got baited.

The people who like this game don't understand what makes video games good in the first place. They don't understand why Morrowind, Oblivion, or Skyrim are the way they are. They don't understand why Fallout 3/Fallout: New Vegas are the way they are.

The Witcher 3 is a complete abomination because it fails at everything it tries to do.

Exploration? It comes off as weak and forced: the world isn't interesting beyond Skellige, but the traveling between islands couldn't be worse.

Story telling? The game becomes a complete wash at the end, and all of your choices are based on stupid conversations you had with your hot adopted daughter. Besides that, the beginning is strong, but nothing compared to the first two games. Where they hook you in with strong story elements happening instead of you just chasing your stupid wife who you're given no reason to care about. And yes, there should be a reason to want to save your hot wife besides the fact that she's your hot wife you read about in your fantasy escape novels you pathetic pieces of shit.

Combat? Objectively worse than Witcher 2; however, it is a bit less bland than Bethesda games.

Graphics? Objectively worse than Witcher 2, and bland to boot. Witcher 2 had beautiful lighting and bloom. The graphics are better than other open world games, but the world is so boring comparatively that it doesn't matter. I honestly don't know how you go back in this category. I honestly don't know.

Difficulty/ difficulty curve? The game is hard at the start on the hardest difficulty, but you turn into an unstoppable demon god at the end, so the curve is fucked. The same problem Witcher 2 had, but the Witcher 2 is a much shorter game in which you can't literally become invincible.

Of course there are more problems, but I have places to be instead of ranting about this stupid worthless retard-bait. Play the first two games and stop there. This is a "Mass Effect" scenario.
>>
>>382251883
Woah, is this true? guess I won't play it then.
>>
>>382251883
I fucking hate fallout 3's story and I have an hour-long video full of autistic talking points to borrow from.
>>
>>382251883
>the people who like this game don't understand how to like things

What a faggot. If people like it doesn't that imply that the things you think are important in a game really aren't that important?
>>
If you're the kind of person who plays open world AAA and like them you'll enjoy witcher 3.

If you're a grognard who hates video games being dumbed down then witcher 3 is still easy even on death match.
>>
>>382249096
its good game. boardsux.
>>
File: 1480828321112m.jpg (80KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1480828321112m.jpg
80KB, 681x1024px
350 hours into it

Great game

Kids here complaining are spastic minecraft dweebs
>>
>>382251883
I'm so glad I understand video games now so I can hate more stuff.

Thanks anon, you fucking loser.
>>
>>382251883
>the game is bad because I said so and if you don't agree you're a retard, got to go bye

haha wow nice

There is a reason why W3 is pretty much being praised everywhere and a few autists won't change that.

Its a game that has no weak spots it has average spots.
But obviously its a piece of shit because DS3 has better combat.
>>
>>382252639
>Can't even play witcher 3 because of shitty toaster
one day, one day
>>
>>382253301
Combat is definitely a weak spot. The game overall is fantastic, but the combat felt unfair.

The combat wasn't hard, it's a pretty easy game, but you get locked into these fancy batmanesque attack animations, except the enemies don't wait their turn to attack you like they do in that game.

The end result is this annoying mishmash of third person combat approaches that it feels like the dev had to compensate for by making the actual combat ridiculously easy. You're always taking cheap shots that you can't avoid because you're in some stupid dancy windup animation, it's really annoying. Signs are the only thing that made combat feel remotely satisfying to me.
>>
>>382253301
Combat and skill progression are its weak spots. They are not average.
That, and the insulting number of copy-pasted sunken treasures in Skellige.
>>
i don't mind bad gameplay since my favourite game is VTMB.
Should i first read a book ?
>>
>>382251883
>Combat? Objectively worse than Witcher 2;
>Graphics? Objectively worse than Witcher 2,
not even worth skimming through this turd of a post
>>
>>382249096
Best game ever thats why
>>
>>382249096
Do you like a good story with a pretty neat world and premise? Can you put up with weaker (it's really not as bad as some claim) gameplay? Then play it. I really enjoyed it but like every ambitious RPG it has a few flaws. The first 2 are OK, but they're not as good IMO.
>>
>>382253672
no, just play 2 then 3. Ä°f you could finish you will definitely want to finish 1 despite its terrible combat. I did that way. And it became my favorite series of vidya game medium.
>>
>>382253668
>they are not average

For an RPG? Combat seems above average, way above average even.
>>
>game comes out
>board loves it
>gets endless awards
>board hates it

ah yes
>>
the gameplay is fantastic you just can't play it on easy mode like /v/irgin casuals
>>
>>382251883
just explain that My first three favorite games are W3 GOTY, Skyrim and Inside.

I think your retard opinion collapses.

Shh nothing personal kid.
>>
I've only played the first, any reason to play the second or am I good to jump straight to 3?
>>
>>382254309
Even death march is easy mode.
>>
>>382253656
>but you get locked into these fancy batmanesque attack animations
You can cancel out of an animation with the dodge button.
>>
>>382254634
then mod it you casual
>>
>>382254570
You must play the second. It has the best main story, if you like a Song of Ice and Fire book series.
>>
>>382254167
Even playing on the hardest difficulty, all I had to do was spam Igni after level 10 or so; even most non-DLC bosses get stunned by that. Maybe it's better when you skill your swords?

Also, the final boss just soured the whole experience. Imraleth or whatever was okay, that guy just bugged out and refused to teleport while I kept hitting him for six minutes.
>>
The combat is as bad as ffxv. It just has more options for bad fighting.
>>
>>382249096
You should play it, and decide for yourself.

I also played the first two games, and while Witcher 3 is amazing by his own, it's incredible to see how much the CD Project RED have improved over the years.
>>
Witcher 3 is a visual novel with a boring game attached to it.
>>
>>382252035
it's bait post man
>>
>>382249096
Even in contrarian city only half of the people hate it.

Yes it's that good.
>>
>>382255652
that's too
>>
File: 1351798017329.png (98KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
1351798017329.png
98KB, 429x410px
>>382249096
It's very cinematic.
It has pseudo-RPG elements that dont matter and weak combat coupled with a predictable Open World.
It's good at creating atmosphere and detailed environments.
Some monsters look cool but that doesn't really matter because the fights are boring anyways.

Im holding back on the critique because the games dicksuckers are in this thread but if you like traditional videogames and not directed experiences from a book translated into 3D then you dont miss out on passing this one up
>>
The fact that it's a multiplatform game and ONLY half of the board hates it should tell you that it's good.
>>
File: Local man reads terrible post.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Local man reads terrible post.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
>>382254438
Retarded phoneposter. You are exactly the person this game was made for.
>>
>>382257645
cry. I am on pc. retard kids these days on /v/.

summer.. I know.
>>
>>382257802
At least he's not a slav. He will stop being a kid in ten years while you're still stuck squatting.
>>
>>382254775
Just for RPGs, in general, it's not even a contest. Turn based combat is a chore so it's automatically infinitely worse than Witcher 3's which is fun and makes you feel appropriately powerful. As far as action RPGs the only thing I can say for certain is that it was more enjoyable than Skyrim's which I took a lot of issue with (easy god mode with magic and becoming a master swordsman by hitting the enemy until they die first; Witcher actually had better use of magic with signs) or Gothic's (gets the job done done once you get used to it) or Planescape Torments (by a country mile). Had no real problems with Fallout 3's or Deus Ex's. Vampire the Masquerades became very easy if you have access to blood magic. Out of all of these I feel like the Witcher 3 takes it. Final Fantasy 12 had relatively boring combat despite being a huge step above its predecessors and I can't remember anything that bothered me about the combat in Kingdom Hearts or its sequel. As far as action RPGs, I've also played the Hack games and the two FMA action RPGs. But the combat in Witcher 3 is so much better than in those that's it's not even funny. The Tales games have really fun combat, but I don't see that as average either.

Combat in Dark Souls felt slow and clunky though maybe my opinion will change if I play more.
>>
>>382256771
>It's a AAA game
Summed up your post.
>>
>>382249096
It isn't as good as the fanbois say
It isn't as bad as the haters say.
It's a decent game.
It's on GoG so if you want to "demo" it you can np.
>>
>>382249096
Story is good, looks pretty, combat sucks.
>>
>>382258124
Divinity original sin is turn-based and the combat is infinitely better than witcher 3.
>>
>>382251373
>Weathers Enhanced
Does this work in the newest version? He hasn't updated it since 2015 and I'm reading about it doing weird shit now with the expansions
>>
>>382249096

>good game
>fun gameplay
>fun quest (even when some of those become tedious go to location x and kill monster y)
>story is very basic, if you really want a good story play W2 instead
>>
>>382251559
>i've played this game for about 2 hours

>>382251883
>people who like this game don't understand what makes video games good in the first place
>You don't know what you like
really makes you think
>>
>>382249096
/v/ only hated it once it started getting 10/10s everywhere and it became ultra popular
before release, on release day, and a few days/weeks after release everyone here loved the fuck out of the game. You couldn't find anything but praise.
>>
>>382258018
I'm neither slav nor phoneposter. you are just too retard that you think you know everything and solve everything about gayming. delusional edgy teenager sickfucks.

begone
>>
>>382258124
That's a lot of text; but at the end of the day I'm still spamming Igni, waiting for the fight to end so I can get back to the story. If you enjoy that, more power to you - it certainly makes you feel powerful, at least.
>>
>>382258262
Haven't played it. I was thinking of something like the first ten Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Mother, or Breath of Fire games in which you literally dread being pulled into combat.
>>
>>382258691
>retard

Spic, then?
>>
It's popular so you automatically know it's normie garbage.
>>
>>382258915
no man you are not even close.You cannot know where i am from. Because i don't exist. I' m inside your brain. only you see my posts. I'm your witcher nightmare. Only makes you cry while remind you countless goty awards and top meta user score.
>>
>>382249096
Those who praise, because they say what they liked about the game subjectively, while haters just tell you this game is shit and you should hate it because they hate it (in reality most of them either love it or haven't played it, but shitpost just to be contrarian. There are of course people who played and didn't like the game and their opinion is just as valid as anyone else's, but they are minority among the haters).

As for my opinion, the game is 7/10, worth a playthrough.
>>
>>382259372
Oh, anon, Poles do count as slavs. I'm sorry.
>>
File: 20970-bd0ff74c.jpg (312KB, 960x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20970-bd0ff74c.jpg
312KB, 960x1080px
Witcher 3 is a game of almost zero substance. Its whole game design is about doing everything and doing everything mediocre. You can choose dialouge choices? Most of the time it boils down to humble Geralt or sarcastic Geralt. You can ride a horse in an open-world? Horse riding controls like shit and the world doesn't feel rewarding enough to roam around in, like say Red Dead Redemption. Not to mention that exploration just boils down to using Witcher sense for extreme handholding because CDPR can't risk anyone not winning instantly in their games.

You can partake in combat? Said combat is not only awfully balanced, the sense of impact and control is completely gone because CDPR are hacks who think fancy animations should take priority over actual videogame mechanics.

You can customize and shit like an RPG? Customization and freedom is barely more than that of an average action game with skill unlocks. It's not even an RPG, it's just a bad action game.

You play it for the story? The story is rushed and the climax is shit and your choices have little consequences in the grand scheme of things. You might aswell just have watched it on Youtube.

Witcher 3 does a lot of things. Nobody can deny this. Yet nobody can claim it excels in any of those areas. It's a soulless carefully focus-tested game made to reflect the state of the industry. There is no artistic talent behind CDPR's game design. It was cynical and solely made to reflect that of other western AAAs. That's it. That's the truth of Witcher 3.
>>
>>382249096
yes, I can't even play any other rpg for some time, but i can't replay the witcher 3 because i don't like replaying stuff, including movies, i just remember everything and it gets boring
>>
>>382249096
i've been trying to get into it. i definitely like it. i've been doing blood and bones and it's pretty hard, so i was thinking of doing normal difficulty. i'm just leveling up super slow. i'm level 6 and i am after somewhere you fight that guy in black armor with the blonde girl. and there is no gear. like i haven't changed my sword or gear since the beginning of the game. where the hell do you even get all these upgrades?
>>
>>382251227
/v/ has an enormous hateboner for Skyrim, what are you even talking about?
>>
>>382259603
I'm not polack you little fuck. But I'll give you some hint. Mount and Blade: Warband devs, kebap, anatolia
>>
>>382260108
Greece?
>>
>>382260282
We raped them and murdered them. then we shed them to the sea. cry more. we conquered.
>>
>>382259741
I can agree with much of your critique but calling W3 soulless is absolutely insane. Just the Bloody Baron questline alone has more emotion than most games in total. It's obvious the devs care and understand the source material and the world.
>>
>>382260613
Pretty sure that's Mongolia.
>>
>>382260909
some believs that Turks and Mongols came from the same origin. but I'm not historian. Who knows. maybe I am grandgrandson of Genghis khan.
>>
>>382261147
so you're telling me that you're a Kazakh?
>>
>>382261147
I'm rooting for you, anon.
>>
>>382261406
maybe.
Now accept that w3 is a masterpiece game. If you don't, I cannot sleep peaceful at night.
>>
>>382261754
I'm not the original guy you were arguing with, but yeah it's a good game, I enjoyed it.
>>
File: 1492812433865.jpg (51KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1492812433865.jpg
51KB, 640x640px
>>382249096

The game is 2 years old and is still memed like it came out yesterday. No other game from 2 years ago is even mentioned anymore
>>
>>382252747
>Photoshoping a bigger ass

Sad
>>
I enjoyed it but it felt more like watching a very long movie
>>
File: 123.gif (51KB, 300x340px) Image search: [Google]
123.gif
51KB, 300x340px
Should I give the Witcher 3 another chance or just go watch CCS? I can't decide.
>>
>>382251227
>this site loves skyrim

t. fucking retard, no forget t., you're just a straight up retard
Thread posts: 95
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.