[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/v/ automatically hates anything popular >anything remotely

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 7

File: 3097143-7177439322-Y9v1p.jpg (200KB, 1280x850px) Image search: [Google]
3097143-7177439322-Y9v1p.jpg
200KB, 1280x850px
>/v/ automatically hates anything popular
>anything remotely casual is automatically hated on /v/
>game gets automatically hated on /v/ for even a bit of "sjw themes"

Is there point in /v/?
>>
>>382238852
>/v/ does not necessarily hate popular things. Rather than that,/v/ tends to overcriticize games that are overprized, to keep the balance, in a way.
>/v/ loves a fuck ton of casual games
>/v/, at least in my experience, is largely SJW itself and praises or at least defends SJWism whenever possible. Of course there are honorable exceptions, but I feel like /v/ is a libshit board. Still nice to talk to about video games with the right approach, but God forbid you mention that a main character is a nigger solely to appease SJWs, and all evil guys are white cis males and the good guys are a bunch of naive, emotionally underdeveloped feminist hipsters, and you're gonna get buried in "go back to /pol/" and posts defending the game
>>
File: 1386028148800.jpg (99KB, 461x523px) Image search: [Google]
1386028148800.jpg
99KB, 461x523px
>most of the newfags falling for /v/ hates everything and doesn't even like videogames meme
>as the time goes on newfags outnumbers oldfags
>now /v/ is full of cynical retards that doesn't even play videogames and shitposts purely to insult eachothers
>meanwhile off topic threads that have nothing to do videogames like animal threads or scary places threads are comfy as fuck
Just because of that sole reason I still have hope for the /v/. If you fags stopped being edgy little shits to fit in for a second you will realize how nice it can be.
>>
How do you even make a game that has a brown character without /v/ going apeshit over it being "sjw trash"?
>>
>>382240268
>/v/ does not necessarily hate popular things.

Name 3 popular games from last year that /v/ liked
>>
>>382240939
>From last year

Well that's a pretty narrow period. But I can name a few popular games that /v/ loved within the last few years, like anything Souls except 2, Witcher 3, BotW etc. All of them were loved by a large part of /v/, all of them were also overcriticized on /v/ in reaction to the overpraise.
>>
>>382240268
>Still nice to talk to about video games with the right approach, but God forbid you mention that a main character is a nigger solely to appease SJWs

So what you're saying is that since you're a cumskin you have a god-given right to decree which main characters are acceptably black and which are pandering.

I hope you go to prison on a false rape charge.
>>
>>382241473
See? That's what I was talking about
>>
File: 1495647119608.jpg (83KB, 355x369px) Image search: [Google]
1495647119608.jpg
83KB, 355x369px
>>382238852
>Is there point in /v/?
No. I'm here out of habit more than any hope for conversation. This place is not about videogames anymore and i'm not sure when it all went to shit.
>>
/v/ is the gold standard of gaming forums we don't just accept any old trash we roll with the best
>>
>>382240792
Make him Nazi.

...nah it'll make it even worse
>>
>>382243031
Either that or make it a cute girl.
/v/ won't touch anything that's waifu material.
>>
>>382240792
Make that character interesting and not a generic stronk womyn with an afro? Don't make all evil characters straight white males and all good character feminists? Don't write a shitty story about poor immigrants and about how awesome globalization is? Don't make transsexual characters? If you insist on making them for some reason, don't make them say they're transsexual on the first encounter? Don't make a story and gameplay be about how evil white males oppress everyone by their existence? Don't hire people who promote genocide of white men on social media?

Stop acting like you don't know why people call some games SJW while they don't call other games that. It shows you are insencere.
>>
File: 1496030198324.jpg (137KB, 717x880px) Image search: [Google]
1496030198324.jpg
137KB, 717x880px
>>382242216
>4chan
>forum
>>
File: Wallpaper_LosingItBigTime.png (824KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Wallpaper_LosingItBigTime.png
824KB, 1920x1080px
>Legitimately great, challenging game comes out, something /v/ collectively agrees is a rarity these days
>More than half of /v/ bitches about it, claiming "RNG" and "ARTIFICIAL DIFFICULTY"

Bunch of hypocritical fucking casuals, the majority. The rest are people that like it, and people that are able to critically think about it and form their own opinions as to why it's just not their cup of tea.
>>
>>382244179
>guyz RNG is a totally legitimate game mechanic

It IS an artificial difficulty. Any game where you need to get "lucky" to win is just a lazy design.

That's why proper difficult games like DS or HLD don't resort to such cheap game mechanics.

Imagine if Chess had RNG. Lel.
>>
>>382238852
So /v/ likes challenging niche games that don't have a political agenda?
>>
>>382245107
except the game is not rng-based, that's honestly a fucking meme the game rewards you for familiarizing yourself with it and playing cautiously except people are too fucking shit to understand that
>>
>Game gets released.
>People who like the game only see hate on /v/
>People who hate the game only see love for it on /v/
>Both parties are angry and making threads all day long.

Every time.
>>
File: 1491426000880.gif (631KB, 489x532px) Image search: [Google]
1491426000880.gif
631KB, 489x532px
>>382238852
>/v/ is full of contrarians
hownew.ru
>>
File: 1446735885769.jpg (22KB, 534x370px) Image search: [Google]
1446735885769.jpg
22KB, 534x370px
>>382242216
>/v/ is the gold standard of gaming forums
>we don't just accept any old trash we roll with the best
Sure that's why we have daily threads about games with awful gameplay but waifu galore right?
>>
>>382238852
/v/ hates everything. Next question.
>>
>>382240306
The more niche the franchise, the better the threads. Ace Attorney, Danganronpa, Visual Novel, Vanillaware, Ghost Trick, and may other games have wonderful threads.
>>
>>382243832
This doesn't make any since considering half of the characters /v/ calls Sjws their games haven't even been released yet.
>>
>>382249237
You mean hugbox threads where people who hate those games simply ignore it because they don't get enough (you)s.
>>
>>382250871
No, we're just able to discuss any particular gripes with have with without sperging out
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.