[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone playing this now that it's "re-released"?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: hq720[1].jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
hq720[1].jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
Anyone playing this now that it's "re-released"?

What do you think of the changes? What class did you chose and do you like it?

I never really left Solomon Island when I played this game last summer, made a new character now to play all the rest, didn't have many of the newer issues back then.
I picked Gunslinger this time, mainly because of the outfit. Feels way too slow for my taste but I guess that's more the game not the class. Also I don't get the reloading minigame at all.
>>
>>382238096
absoluite cancer. Fuck them for destroying the only mmo I actually liked.
>nickel & diming out the ass
>""""improved"""" the combat by adding retarded minigames but hammer is still god tier like usual, only now because it's the least annoying to use
>>
File: 1488122543084.jpg (403KB, 1908x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1488122543084.jpg
403KB, 1908x2000px
Everything you need to know

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiEKJ0_K9nY
>>
>>382238096
They literally did nothing, the game still runs like absolute shit, looks exactly the same, and the combat, you know, I was expecting it will be something like Vindictus, but they literally just added a regular skill that you already had in a game before, to a mouse button. I can't even think of a word to describe how useless this entire update was.
>>
>>382238096
Not enough "action paced" for a 2017 game, but is pretty decent and funny. Good story and i like the quest system. People are complaining about the "P2W" aspect but that's dumb. PVP have equal stats for all and PVE is actually pretty easy(maybe that will change for Tokyo? but until then you will have a lot of things unlocked)that if you will feel the need to pay only if you have some real issue in the brain and have difficulty to press a button.
>>
>>382238504
is this your channel?
>>
>>382240009
Nah this vids been posted all over the place. First result in YouTube for swl review.
>>
>>382240604
oh okay, i just thought i seen him posting the channel on those vidya channel threads.
>>
I played TSW for 500 hours

I actually like SWL the combat is better. I progress missions more smoother. Getting AP and SP is slower though. Skill synergy is gone but whatever I didn't really like being an autist looking a spreadsheets for hours just to make "da perfect build!!!111"

I don't like the cash shop but I haven't reached the point yet where I feel there is a paywall.

My only gripe against funcom is that they barely changed anything. It's literally the same game with a different tutorial. They could at least freshened things up a bit.
>>
>>382241560
This is how I feel basically. I wish they would have changed things more if they went through all this hullabaloo. Anyways, any anons trying to play this game?
>>
Level requirement for quests is fucking annoying.

>sorry, you have to go do something else for no reason before you can do this mission :)
>>
The payment model is shit. The combat doesn't feel any better.

However, the combat difficulty also seems to be drastically reduced, I can slice and dice my way through anything, even solo dungeons so far. Since I didn't like the combat in the first place, I plan to just blast through all the quests and see all the story content, then quit.

I've heard that you barely get any AP/SP after level cap, and that by playing normally until then you unlock like 10% of the license board, and the item upgrade system gets insanely grindy, so it's not like they want to keep me playing anyway.
>>
>>382243405
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I just want to see the story, because it's actually interesting.
>>
>>382241560
Im fine with it because i never managed to get past blue mountain.
>>
Servers are up again!
>>
>>382242542
I would like to, but I bought it just last Halloween and I'm at the very beginning of Egypt. I really like this game, but I seriously don't feel like replaying the whole Solomon Island already
>>
Feels way too fucking slow. It's disappointing because I've been craving something new with occult themes.
>>
So, what changes have exactly been made? Is the new combat still playing piano with numerical keys or something more interesting? What about other stuff?
>>
>combat is still sluggish as fuck
>runs like shit despite having no graphics
>can't make a character that doesn't look like an ultracuck, hairstyles are especially fucked
>>
I started a few days back.It's spoopy as
>>
>>382238096
I can't believe I paid 60 dollars for the Black Edition of the original game or whatever, I want a refund.
>>
File: 2017.jpg (70KB, 537x548px) Image search: [Google]
2017.jpg
70KB, 537x548px
>>382247216
>>can't make a character that doesn't look like an ultracuck, hairstyles are especially fucked
No idea what you're talking about, looks fine to me
>>
File: 2017-06-28-11-27-26.jpg (377KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-28-11-27-26.jpg
377KB, 1920x1080px
>>382238096
The restrictions are shit but it's still the same god tier atmosphere with really good environments, characters and quests but this time with a slightly less awful combat system.

I don't really know what changed when it comes to cosmetic options but it seems clothes, pets and things like that are more accessible now. At least I see a lot of them I can buy that I couldn't see outside of the cash shop before.

Also it seems some faces were removed from the character creation menu, including the best female one.

It'll be destroyed by the steam reviews if they don't make it less cash-shop oriented before putting it there though.
>>
>>382248545
>that """hairstyle"""
>not even a stubble
That looks like a 12 year old or some numale cuck, m8
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.