[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, Shadow of War. What are the chances that from now until release

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: 1495969817582.jpg (337KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1495969817582.jpg
337KB, 1280x720px
So, Shadow of War. What are the chances that from now until release a new game mode is announced where you can play as an orc yourself that you personalize and do all your warchief thing with but with no magic brainwashing bullshit included?

'Cause I really don't care about OC ranger and his dead family. Wish I could just have a proper orc warchief simulator.
>>
Sounds pretty fun, would play but since it likely won't happen, I'll just be happy for this. I'm getting very impatient waiting for it.....
>>
>>382235710
>What are the chances that from now until release a new game mode is announced where you can play as an orc yourself
Close to zero.
>>
Threads on this game always die, mfw I am autistically impatient impatiently waiting for this game to come out and all /v does is shit on it cause muh lore and muh easy mode.
>>
>>382235710
I'm in the same position. I love the nemesis system and the idea of managing your warband of orcs, trolls, etc. sounds great, but I really could do without Talion and Celebrimbor. In fact, I don't even necesarily need it to be Middle Earth, just managing orcs in nondescript fantasy land would work just as well for me as long as they're like in Shadow of Mordor/War. The strong point of this game is the nemesis system, not the story, I feel.
>>
Shadow of Mordor was the last game I bought at full price. It was on sale for $3 the other day.
I imagine this one will be similar. Shilled for a good month than dropped out of existence.
>>
>>382235710
Better chance of skins/armors that make him into a ringwraith, or other assorted edgelords.
>>
>>382237608
Would you rather see people shit on it because it artlessly copies the worst aspects of the Bam Ham games and the Ass Creed games in a bland as fuck environment?
>>
>>382235710
Devs already confirmed that there will be multiple characters you can play as that all work a bit differently. The hang up on this is that- if its anything like the first game. This is going to for the free play modes and not the actual story.
>>
So is this still supposed to be set before LOTR trilogy or after it?

Because...
>a new ring of power forged for gary stu
is just fucking retarded.

Also, how anti-climactic will they make the final boss? A 20 second QTE is pretty hard to beat.
>>
>>382238512
They didn't. The true final boss of SoM was the fight before that scene where the top 5 Orcs who killed you the most or otherwise had the most reactions with you show up suped up in black armor and it was a decent fight

As for your first question? It's more of a spin off thing, certainly not canon in any regard.
>>
Is shadow of Mordor any good at $4?
>>
File: 1283455776866.jpg (17KB, 420x431px) Image search: [Google]
1283455776866.jpg
17KB, 420x431px
>Make a point to kill every last Orc captain and warchief. EVERYONE is dead
>Advance time
>Half of the new guys that show up to take their places are already mind controlled.
>Meaning the common mooks who I mind controlled along the way were being tracked as well as the captains by the Nemsis system and it randomly chose some of them to be promoted.

The nemisis system really does save this game and I am hyped as hell for Shadow of War.
>>
>>382238905
If you enjoy Ubisoft checklist simulators with Batman combat it's okay for $4.
>>
>>382238661
Well that wasnt much of a boss fight either, 5 random uruks i dont even remember slaughtered by the 5 random uruks that were the initial warchiefs from the second area that i just branded on our first encounter. I didnt even need to do a single attack.

Still a really fun game, dont get me wrong, but the last stretch was a real let down.
>>
>>382238905
At 4 bucks pretty much anything is worth it as long as it gives you a few hours of entertainment.

Get it, see if you like the system, and decide if you want SoW as well. Worst case scenario you'll have to take breakfast from home one day.

It's the kind of game where the truly fun stories are the ones that just happen by chance. Like having a particularly wierd orc chase you across Mordor getting increasingly mad at you. Or viceversa, one you just can't help but keep crossing paths with and who starts to fear you to the point where he pisses his pants as soon as someone mentions you.

Everything else in the game is meh. Lore raping story that's not exceptional in the slightest, combat copypasted from Batman... At least it looks like the devs realized what everyone loves about this is the nemesis, since that's what they've been advertising hardest.
>>
>>382239267
One thing I always wished was available though was to take a random grunt and manually make him a captain. Technically you can do that by dying to him, but really, I don't want to die to some puny fuck who turns out to be named the Coward or something
>>
File: ungabunga elf.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
ungabunga elf.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
WE
WUZ
ELVES
'N
SHIEET
>>
>mfw keep getting killed by archers and hunters with their stupid ranged attacks
>stack grim resolve runes and hunt down any and all archer/hunter captains
>never kill melee captains, always let them flee/flee myself if they wont so that ranged uruks cant take their vacant captain spots
>make sure to kill any ranged uruks that become branded for whatever reasons

Goddamnit i hate fucking ranged units
>>
>>382238149
Maybe I'm wrong, but it looks like they are improving upon everything?
>>
>>382240098
How the fuck do you get killed so much by ranged attacks, they telegraph it to hell and back
>>
>>382240098
>TFW had to deal with a ranged spear throwing fuck who was immune to everything and he has poisoned spears.
>Always has his boyfriends around when he fights me.
>Every time he appears he shit talks me about how I had to run away that one time
>>
I'd rather play as a Sauron like figure
>>
I just got this gane yesterday. I played it literally all day yesterday. It is so fucking fun. I love the combat, I enjoy the captains and stuff. I enjoy the stealth. I just got to Nurn, and when I got there I got all the artifacts and the wall things. I also did all 10 bow challenges. I didn't even start either of the 2 main missions yet.
Fuck, I love using the bow, it is so op.
>>
>>382240826
There's Overlord for that.
>>
Call me a pleb or whatever but...

I just found out that Sauron is an Elf.

Not sure how i feel about that.
>>
>>382238512
Before LOTR
>>
>>382241590
He wasn't an elf, he was a maia. He just assumed the form of an elf when he needed to be diplomacy because everyone wanted to stick it in his boypussi that way.
>>
>>382241590
How could you be so mistaken
>>
File: AkNbGuPkZ6RAA8kKXPwjcF-1200-80.jpg (69KB, 1200x689px) Image search: [Google]
AkNbGuPkZ6RAA8kKXPwjcF-1200-80.jpg
69KB, 1200x689px
>>382235710
That would make for a good DLC campaign.
We're already getting one for the "Blade of Galadriel" chick.
>>
>>382242000
She'll most likely play the exact same though because of her magic bracer things, complete with ghost form.
>>
>>382238171
Or even worse
>you can only play these characters in the story, otherwie its the Ranger of Boredor
>>
>>382241767
This. Fun fact, Gandalf and Saruman are also Maiar, and Gandalf didn't take his greybeard form until the formation of the Istari.
>>
>>382239816
>get killed by an orc who just schreeches at people
fucking frogposter
>>
>>382242706
Well it's the only way to get a guaranteed cool-looking new captain if you find one, anon. I remember I'd look for Orcs with white hair, for a chance to get another "the Elder" guy
>>
>>382242706
>autistically kill off every orc except the speechless screechers
>eventually a full army of warchiefs and captain that never say a word
>>
>>382243064
Yeah, I did the same for dudes with spikey burning crowns
>>
>>382242456
Are maiar gods
>>
>>382243275
Think of them more as angels. You might as well call them a lower form of gods, though
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.