[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so how do i get caps easily? can i avoid all the settlement bullshit

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

so how do i get caps easily?
can i avoid all the settlement bullshit and still get materials?
is there any player house i can acquire to save my stuff instead of having to build a settlement?

going into it blind so far exploration is really really fun, main story already feels bad though
>>
>>382229296
>is there any player house i can acquire to save my stuff instead of having to build a settlement?
there is a house that can be bought in diamond city, just take the lift to the mayor's office, and ask geneva about the house, it costs 2000 caps though
>>
>>382229296
player.additem 0f 10000
>>
>>382229625
no fun in that though, and vendors give pennies for all the weapons for some reason
>>
>>382229296
Why do you even need to ask for help for fucking Fallout 4. The game is literally for retards, the enemies scale with your level so it's literally never hard to survive or make money.
>>
>>382229296
Build water farm
>>
>>382229296
Caps are mostly for settlements, Just get scanvenger and scapper for parts and ammo.
>>
>>382229296
Honestly, just store your stuff in your settlement, you can do this by going to a workshop bench and you'll see the the prompt to store stuff.
Don't need to build a single thing
>>
>>382230357
not all enemies scale with your levels
>>
File: sell shit.jpg (100KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
sell shit.jpg
100KB, 650x650px
>>382229296
Increase your Charisma.
Grape Mentats.
Store cartons of cigarettes/cigar boxes, pre-war money, gold or silver watches/lockets into a safe separate from your settlement supplies and use them to barter.
>>
>>382231815
Forgot to add, pretty much any junk item worth 25+ caps when looking at the "value" when looting them check if you actually want to use them for materials or keep them also to barter.
>>
>>382231815
The problem is the vendors in Fallout 4 are fucking poor. All have like 200-500 caps always. Which sucks except if you take your currency as adhesive or some other rare materials.
>>
>>382230712
doesn't the game become unstable after enough items are stored?
I know skyrim had that problem
>>
Set up around 10 industrial purifiers in sanctuary and a bunch of shops. Hundreds of purified water will appear in your workbench like every 20 minutes and net you 3000+ caps. You can store them in a footlocker near the workbench if you don't feel like selling all of it just empty the workbench periodically.
>>
>>382229296
Weapons and armor sell for peanuts in this game so you can't really make a decent income by loot. With that said there aren't really much to spend money on anyway, and you can generally get by with found ammunition. The best way to get money is to build water purifiers in settements and sell the water. It's bugged though, or just not working as it should.
>>
File: 14469993400960.jpg (121KB, 1247x831px) Image search: [Google]
14469993400960.jpg
121KB, 1247x831px
>>382229296
>worrying about caps in Fallout 4
>ever
Honestly, why the fuck do you need caps in this game anyway?
Chems? Diamond City Blues gets you enough chems for the whole game.
Stimpaks? Every fucking raider and super mutant has at least one on them
Ammo? Just exchange your shitty .38 cal for anything else.
Junk? Then just go and collect shit in the dungeons that Preston sends you to.
>>
>>382232736
Ammo mostly in my case. Machineguns eat it up faster than you can find it.
>>
>Take high luck
>Take the cap and ammo finding perks
>Literally every container has ammo and money it it now
>Never need to buy ammo, so all the caps your raking in can be used on other things

My end game character ended up with more ammo than I could use, I pulled out a weapon I'd neglected the whole playthrough and found I had well over 4k ammo for it.
>>
>>382232736
The high end gauss rifle and plasma ammo is more rare and expensive than most and those shipments of materials are useful if you're lazy and just want to upgrade your power armor or something quick.
>>
>>382229296
Nothing in this game matters and none of the "decisions" you make influence anything you do. You can play on the hardest difficulty with a bunch of self-imposed challenges and you'll still swim in tens of thousands of caps and ammunition without breaking a sweat. Not like any of that matters though.
It's a real shame that this game actually exists
>>
I eventually figured out this game was basically just a Skinner box for me, just going through the motions for a unimportant reward. Look around until I found the thing I was looking for (a legendary usually) so I could do it all again marginally more efficiently. The settlement building was fun, but the way they interact with the rest of the game is so limited that it feels under developed.
>>
File: 1497109956073.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497109956073.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>some reviewer complains how having powerarmor use fusion core is stupid as it creates a time limit on how long you can use the suit
>played the whole game in a powerarmor using a laser gatling and even then I gained more then I used
>>
File: 1497103853311.gif (2MB, 400x250px) Image search: [Google]
1497103853311.gif
2MB, 400x250px
>>382234091
how bad can this piece of shit get
>>
>>382234091
Because of reviewers and players like that games get casualized.
Watch Fallout 5 have unlimited energy( didn't power armor supposed to have unlimited energy anyway?)
>>
>>382234091
>>382234358
I didn't even notice this was Berserk until the second post. Only ever seen the really old one, with the Band of the Hawk and the Eclipse. This looks like a different thing entirely.
>>
>>382234091
Sprinting and jetpack chews up cores fast, if you just move at normal speed they last way longer.
>>
>so how do i get caps easily?
Make a melee-only character, all ammo is now caps

Seriously though, a 10-strength 10-endurance character is a ton of fun to play, I recommend
>>
>>382234483
>didn't power armor supposed to have unlimited energy anyway

No, but it's power source can last for hundreds of years.
>>
>>382234358
what the fuck is that walk animation
It looks like somebody using the select tool and moving him with a mouse for comedic effect
>>
>>382234608
>your character equipped with a motor propelled hammer and wearing a power armor weighing a ton gets knocked back by an anemic junkie with a bolt pistol

I-it's fun...
>>
>>382234874
>what is blocking
>what are charge attacks
Also,
>wearing power armor as STR 10 END 10 character
Get the fuck out of my sight
>>
>>382235303
>wearing power armor as STR 10 END 10 character

>not adding a jetpack on your armor for those pesky hard to reach enemies

Absolutely disgusting.
>>
>>382234874
Melee character wearing power armor sounds stupid, your bro Strong will think you're a huge pussy
>>
>>382235649
>Melee character wearing power armor sounds stupid
Because if you do melee build you have to utilize sneaking too.

Don't tell me you play on anything besides hardest difficulty
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.