[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kck Csw_JyJI It has almost b

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 463
Thread images: 75

File: phantom-pain.jpg (209KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
phantom-pain.jpg
209KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KckCsw_JyJI
It has almost been 2 years. Have you recovered yet?
>>
>>382229070
Yeah I guess I have. My biggest annoyances at the time were:
Paz, and grinding out her scenes because she was hidden in a place you had no reason to ever go
Finding out Mission 51 was not in the game at all, and that it wasn't something I needed to meet some requirements for
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDtj-2qnTXk
Now both of these things could easily have been fixed by now, patching in a Yellow Side OP for Paz's room after your first Wandering Dogs Side OP.
And Mission 51 they didn't even have to make playable, they could have just finished off the cinematics they already had.
>>
>>382229070

I some how have put in over 180 hours in this fucking game

Its probably since I was one of the few who stuck with MGO3 but the game stucked me in Ill say that.
>>
Recovered? I always loved it.

Kojima just made a metal gear too clever for its target audience, again.
>>
>>382231459
I love it to anon but that doesnt mean i dont feel the phantom pain, i just want DS to forget all about this pain
>>
>>382232063
>he thinks kojima is done with metal gear!
oh you sweet summer child, how young and naive you are
>>
>>382232403
there is no ruse dude, i used to believe in it too but even Caramel realized his own autismo and left for good, go home anon is over
>>
>>382232497
talk to me after the movie is out, and tell me kojima had no involvement. tell me kojima is done with metal gear 100%. do it, faggot.
>>
>>382232772
There is no way that Konami would agree to such a ruse, with all the negative PR that has swirled up since Kojima's departing the company. Especially with the most recent revelations about how they're actively preventing the new Kojipro from getting health insurance, it's very improbable that there's a ruse.
>>
>>382233112
konami's already a demon, dude
>>
Did Caramel show their face at all after E3?

If so, what was said, any screencaps?
>>
>no more rusecruise shitposting
Feels damn good.
>>
>>382233292
he apologised for wasting his time.
>>
Meh, I liked it. The ending was the only flaw
>>
>>382233292
>>382233391
he still shows up, now angry and bitter just wanting kojima to finish the ruse already. he hasn't given up, but his morale is low.
>>
>>382233391
That actually takes a lot of balls. They could have taken the cowards way out and just vanished. Or become an hero.
>>
Being able to spawn into every mission with any vehicle or weapon you wanted really ruined the tension of most missions

NPCs react to player driven tanks as if they're silenced weapons

The chopper should have been able to take commands from you to allow you to actually use the minigun ie. Keep circling the LZ if there is still enemies

Battle gear should have been usable

Slow motion should have been removed. The NPCs already have a viewing distance as of they had cataracts

Head shots with trancs should not have instantly put the enemy out
Putting a tranc to the neck should have been more efficient

Stealth should have been more rewarding at the end of missions. I often found myself with better rankings for rushing in and killing everyone and was graded worse for taking my time and never being caught once

Buddies should have been less op. Other than d horse they really trivialized every mission

More corridor stealth segments. There should have been mgs1 styled level design underground bunkers to infiltrate

Again, restrict access to weapons and vehicles on many levels

The Fulton and by an even larger extension, the worm hole, really removed any reason to try to his bodies or deal with enemy tanks

The horn was dumb, but more the permanent blood was stupid

You should have gotten most of your fighting force through hiring volunteers, not Fultons.

High value enemies that you desired should have been extracted via helicopter like in GZ

The Fulton in general was just a pile of shit
>>
File: 6sg1FSa.jpg (386KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
6sg1FSa.jpg
386KB, 3840x2160px
>>382234610
>the horn was dumb
but what about pinnochio!? you're a puppet/not a real boss, but instead of a growing nose it is a growing pain in your skull! did you rike it
>>
>>382234610
>Slow motion should have been removed.
It can be disabled
>Stealth should have been more rewarding at the end of missions.
No traces bonus. Rewards you with 200k points on top of everything else if you do not use items or fire guns or knock/fulton out any guards.

Everything else it's an okay criticism.
>>
>>382232772
Kojima is not involved, he just happens to be a movie freak and the director is a kojifan so ofcours hes asking for any advice to make a good movie. There is nothing oficial is just like Del Toro asking kojima his opinion about movies.
>>
>>382234961
>he mentioned he is in and has been in frequent contact with kojima for 3 years
>sutherland was chosen for the role in TPP by avi arad, the producer of the film
>sutherland was picked for the game with the movie in mind
>kojima wrote the movie as the final part to MGSV
>disarmament cannot happen until blockades are lessened/removed which won't happen until the movie is further along in progress
>>
>>382233459
The sony presentation was the hell of a ride, i almost shit my self when the sony ceo teased something from a beloved dev, then we got spoderman trailer it was hilarius, cramel was broken after that, he even said that kojima ruined his life, i think that was the last post i have seen from him.
>>
>>382235382
holy fuck, right before the spiderman reveal i almost let blow a huge wad o' cum thinking the ruse was coming to fruition. luckily i held it long enough to hear some shitty quips and some scripted gameplay. glad, too. i would never waste my seed on the spider slut.
>>
>>382234610
I felt the OP nature of a few of the early items made all the customization of kit redundant. There's basically no situation that CQC, smoke grenades and the tranq pistol couldn't solve. Add in the fulton and held up guards never getting off the ground and there was basically no challenge left. Sneak close, spam smokes, CQC everyone, hold up on the ground. Take your sweet time checking their states and move on. Even in larger areas, you could just do this incrementally until the whole area was free from guards.
>>
>>382235216
yes and your point is? Ofcourse he was at some point inbolved in the movie and you are saying it your self most of this was 3 years ago before all this koji/ko drama started. Stop hurting your self man you are going to end just like Caramel.
>>
>>382235506
Yeah right? i even waited till the Low Roar presentation, to see the surprise trailer (the movie trailer was good) and the Low Roar presentation felt so fucking awkward.
>>
>>382235651
fuck you im not as off the rails as caramel, but there is a ruse
>>
>>382229070
The desert as a setting was a mistake.
>>
OH SHIT GUYS CARAMEL SPOTTED ON /TV/

>>>/tv/84403749
>>
Yeah I got over it being a shit and overhyped game after a couple months. It didn't win GOTY, so that was my solace.
>>
For me the only weak thing about MGSV is the story. It´s not bad, just different to the rest games of the saga.
The gameplay is a masterpice
>>
>>382229070
Despite the story being half baked and the repetitive nature of the missions, I held out hope that there would be DLC or a patched ending or something.
Still didn't stop me putting in over 18 days worth of play time (working full time not being NEET).
>>
>>382232403
t. caramel
>>
>>382229070
I haven't played it yet, I'm waiting for the secret final chapter to drop.

Aaaaany day now.
>>
>>382239163
>ywn be as autistic as caramel
feels bad man
>>
>>382229070
MGSV is a good game.
>>
File: capture_15092012_220544.jpg (76KB, 1024x600px) Image search: [Google]
capture_15092012_220544.jpg
76KB, 1024x600px
Finished this recently. I'm sure anything I can say has been said a million times before, but holy fuck what a shitshow this turns into.

>Quiet dies because the helicopter pilot is an actual fucking retard
He only knows how to speak ENGLISH THE INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE and can't get anyone else on the line. He also needs constant detailed instruction on how to fly helicopter. How did he even land this position? And they expected this scene of Quiet instructing a retard how to do his job to be emotional or some shit.

>Boss lets Huey go because "we have no right to judge an enemy"
Everything about this is infuriatingly stupid. They've killed countless enemies before this. But suddenly it's wrong and immoral to judge the traitorous scumbag that fucked you over at every chance and infected your men with parasites forcing forced you to kill them?

>constantly lets all the murderous kids attempt to murder them, riot, and steal shit because "but their kids though"
Literally what the fuck. Why are they not at least detained? What is wrong with these people.

>ends with the hospital mission...again
Nothing wrong bookending, but at least make the mission fun. Fucking christ.
>>
>>382240847
>>Quiet dies because the helicopter pilot is an actual fucking retard
>He only knows how to speak ENGLISH THE INTERNATIONAL LANGUAGE and can't get anyone else on the line. He also needs constant detailed instruction on how to fly helicopter. How did he even land this position? And they expected this scene of Quiet instructing a retard how to do his job to be emotional or some shit.
Boo hoo the pilot only spoke one language? he must be retarded! I'm sure you could fly a helicopter being able to speak Spanish!
The Quiet scene was emotional because she spoke, causing the parasites to hatch, she chose to help venom snake and walk into the desert and die on her own so she wouldn't cause others to die.

>>Boss lets Huey go because "we have no right to judge an enemy"
>Everything about this is infuriatingly stupid. They've killed countless enemies before this. But suddenly it's wrong and immoral to judge the traitorous scumbag that fucked you over at every chance and infected your men with parasites forcing forced you to kill them?
He let him go because he realised that Huey wasn't on his side, he was just trying to make him join him and that the outbreak was his fault for allowing Huey to stay.

>>constantly lets all the murderous kids attempt to murder them, riot, and steal shit because "but their kids though"
>Literally what the fuck. Why are they not at least detained? What is wrong with these people.
They were trying to give them a better life.
>>
File: 1345342345.jpg (68KB, 540x658px) Image search: [Google]
1345342345.jpg
68KB, 540x658px
>mfw haven't played anything after phantom pain
it has truly killed my love for videogames
>>
It took me 60 hours to get bored with the gameplay. Gameplay was fun and rolled out enough shit to keep me engaged.

Why would I care about the story? Every Kojima written narrative has been absolute dogshit since MGS3. Anyone that expected V's story to be good after MGS4 and Peace Walker were fucking retards

So yeah, I don't hate it.
>>
>>382229070
>Have you recovered
I was never a Metal Gear fanboy manchild so no, I never needed to recover. It was a fantastic game, it still is, and proably the first game Kojima actually enjoyed making in more than a decade.

While MGS4 was a big fuck you to the fans disguised in what fans wanted and Peace Walker was kept from reaching its potential by the shitty hardware limitations, MGSV felt like a a game he wanted to make for a long time.

It feels different from the rest. It's almost devoid of humor, everyone is angry, the bosses are almost missing, but what we got is a very polished product. I wish people would stop longing for the perfect game in their heads and realise what a pleasant surprise this game was. I certainly was pleased, especially after being so disappointed with Kojima and his studio for more than a decade.
>>
>>382235216
>kojima wrote the movie as the final part to MGSV
But there's nowhere left for MGSV to go. Notice how I said V, not Metal Gear.
>>
>>382240847
>Everything about this is infuriatingly stupid
He broke the chain of vengeance you fucking retard. Everything Huey did in V was a direct result of being mistreated and tortured.
>>
>>382242807
It was a 10/10 up until Chapter 2. The game was straight-up unfinished.
>>
>>382242969
>nowhere left for MGSV to go
>main complaint people bring up for the game is the unreleased chapter 51/unfinished story
wat
>>
>>382229070
I recently started playing it again. I don't care much about the story but I can play this game for hours just because of how solid the gameplay is. Attacking the same outposts gets repetitive a bit but I like switching up how I play and the gear I use.

The resource gathering and development wait times are bullshit though, especially since it doesn't continue when the game's off.
>>
>>382243106
What's so hard to understand that Chapter 2 is the equivalent to Peace Walker's Chapter 5, except there's no boss fight?

>>382243172
Because Mission 51 takes place long before Mission 46 and (according to datamined shit) even before Mission 43. It also fixes nothing. It's not an ending. It doesn't affect Venom in any way.
>>
>>382229070
I'm mostly disappointed they are never going to do anything good with the engine. What a fucking waste.
>>
File: HOLY MOLY.jpg (889KB, 1000x4554px) Image search: [Google]
HOLY MOLY.jpg
889KB, 1000x4554px
>>382243417
>implying there aren't some seriously unexplained plot details
>>
I really hope they remake the first two Metal Gears as sequels to V/prequels to MGS1.
Just imagine:
>Fox Engine
>Chief Kief as Big Boss
>Hayter as Solid Snake
glorious
>>
>>382243543
This is just what happens when your story is dogshit and you cut shitloads of content.
>>
>>382232063
>>382232403
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKRyzRyCC7M
>>
File: oldfeel.jpg (140KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
oldfeel.jpg
140KB, 645x773px
>>382229070
nope and fuck kojima with every dick from every conceivable direction in both eucledeanand non-eucledean space
>>
>>382229070
I'm still angry
I hate that they turned it into a boring, stretched out open world game with no actual boss fights
Had more fun in PW
>>
>>382243714
>shitloads
kek
keep spouting /v/ bullshit
>>
>>382243861
>no boss fights
What is Quiet? What is Sahelantropus? What are the Sniper Skull battles?
>those don't matter because I say so!
>>
>>382243642
Would actually be amazing but you mean Chief Kief as V
>>
File: kaz-happy2.jpg (8KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
kaz-happy2.jpg
8KB, 250x250px
>>382242807
There tons of depth in the mechanics but there is almost none in the level design and mission structure. There are probably only 4 missions/camps in the whole game that are actually different and everything else has the same achievements. On a technical it's impressive but on a fundamental level MGSV is not very good and clearly unfinished.
>>
>>382243714
yep, definitely wasn't deliberate and this is definitely the end to everything. yep, i believe it.
>>
>>382229070
Love the gameplay, still mad about the story and mute Snake.
Geez, I remember watching all the trailers before the release and getting hyped
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_8Qi-I4o9E
>>
>>382243642
Fuck that would be sick
Too bad konami is full of pricks
I also like the idea of having a seperate voice actor for big boss
>>
>>382233112
yeah, life sure is tough for "ex-Kons" huh
>>
>>382244046
>none in level design
Nope, there actually is. Every single "big" base does three things:
1)Is accurate with how it looks, how it feels. There's no Camp Omega in Aghanistan because it wouldn't make sense. Do you really think there were CIA-like bases constructed back when the Afghan was still under Soviet occupation? Nope. It's why you can only infiltrate villages, settlements and the occasional destroyed airport/oil refinery.

2)Pretty much every single base is designed to look like their counterpart in reality. Check out Lamar Khatee Palace and the actual, real one that existed.

>clearly unfinished
Not as unfinished as you think. People think it's missing an ending. It's actually missing something before the ending.
>>
File: caramel.jpg (409KB, 1200x1382px) Image search: [Google]
caramel.jpg
409KB, 1200x1382px
>>382243825
>Caramel still doesn't miss an opportunity to promote his shitty youtube channel even when he was BTFO at E3
Just kill yourself already
>>
>>382244046
>It's another "Go find that one special guy/weapon/vehicle and extract/kill him" mission

I think the only one of those I liked was the Codetalker mission because it's like the only time you have those female skulls. The mansion is also a fun area.
>>
File: MG1.jpg (380KB, 700x1132px) Image search: [Google]
MG1.jpg
380KB, 700x1132px
>>382243543
I like to believe that Venom was never working with Big Boss and is just crazy and made everything up in his head because of implanted memories by the Patriots. Ocelot made a fake Big Boss for the patriots to use and once Big Boss built his army, he sent Solid Snake to kill their fake boss. Which is why members from Foxhound like Grey Fox were captured in MG1. It wouldn't make sense for Big Boss to capture his own people if he was working with Venom. BB didn't know/ approve of shit from Diamond dogs and Big Medic.
>>
>>382244773
>It's another "Go find that one special guy/weapon/vehicle and extract/kill him" mission
You didn't listen to the dialogue in the missions, did you?
>>
>>382244914
Except for how BB is aware of it all from beginning to end, as detailed in the tApes
>>
File: guitar.jpg (22KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
guitar.jpg
22KB, 480x480px
>>382229070
>I won't scatter your sorrow to the heartless sea
>>
>>382245002
>Go find the bionic arm constructor, Boss
>Go find the weapon inspector, Boss
>Go find the walker gears, Boss
>Go find Code Talker, Boss
>Go find the guy who wants to defect, Boss
>Go find the prisoners, Boss

All the dialogue in the world won't make the mission structure any different.
>>
File: Tying Venom's shoes.png (367KB, 342x628px) Image search: [Google]
Tying Venom's shoes.png
367KB, 342x628px
>>382245150
Maybe those tapes never existed. Paz had tapes too and she didn't. It was just Venom's broken psyche. Same could be done with his idolization of Big Boss.
>>
I really love it and cant get enough of it
its my favourite game of all time
it just clicks with me on another level and i adore it!
>>
File: 1487564201876.gif (1009KB, 320x212px) Image search: [Google]
1487564201876.gif
1009KB, 320x212px
>>382242807
>MGSV
>very polished

What MGSV did you play? Jesus.
>>
>>382244004
>no actual boss fights
Can you really say the single metal gear fight and two sniper fights actually live up to bosses in previous entries or make up for the loads of filler inbetween?
Even people who liked the game would agree with me on that
>>
I only wanted a straight-forward, classic MGS, but got some bland open-world fuckfest with an incredibely boring story and shit twist no one wanted to see. I'm done with MGS forever.
>>
>>382243920
>/v/ bullshit
Except Kojima himself mentioning the final chapter was cut, and loads of finished and finalized info from the artbooks that simply didn't appear in the games.
>>
File: Upset-kaz.jpg (11KB, 301x325px) Image search: [Google]
Upset-kaz.jpg
11KB, 301x325px
>>382244565
Realism is not FUN
>>
>>382231459
>too clever
It's not too clever, it's just a clumsy attempt at postmodernism.

He's gotten sloppy since 2.
>>
>>382246621
>incredibely boring story
i'm sorry that you're a brainlet cuck
>>
>>382246804
IT'S SOOOOOOOOOO DEEEEEEEEP
>>
>>382246002

TPP had a lot of faults, but being polished and optimized and running buttery smooth on toasters was not one of them.
>>
>>382246621
What story? Am I right?
>>
>>382246854

see >>382234903
>>
>>382247007
I rike
>>
3>2=1

The rest don't matter
>>
>>382229070
Nope. I was so disappointed with it that I haven't even played a video game since then.
>>
>>382247918
2>3>1>PW>4>5
>>
>>382248239
2 > 1 > 3 > 4 = PW > GZ > MG2 > MG1 > TPP
>>
Way to Fall > The Best is Yet to Come > Can't Say Goodbye to Yesterday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9hagVL-__c
>>
>>382248354
>>382248239
all video games in the world ever > maggot infested feces > TPP
>>
I wish it had more gimmick bosses, even MGS4 had way better bosses. MGSV was just filled with mostly bullet sponges
>>
>>382248354
My bad forgot about MG1 and 2.

2>3>1>MG2>PW>MG1>4>5
>>
>>382248574
its not THAT bad
>>
>>382229070
I just got burnt out. Haven't returned in fear that I don't remember how to play.
>>
>>382229070
Disappointing but will never compare to how soul crushingly abhorrent MGS4 was.
>>
>>382229070
No, I still feel it in my heart, that aching pain, that phantom pain
>>
>>382248805
MGS4 was in hindsight ok, but playing it for the first time was amazing. The ocelot boss battle at the end of was so good it actually made me cry. At least the story was coherent and had an arc. It's MGS2 compared to MGS5.
>>
>>382249026
To each their own, but no game has ever filled me with such disbelief on how bad it was. Literally have never looked at this hobby the same since.
>>
>>382248354
>>382248239
>the meme is to prefer 2 now since bunnyhop did his post-modern video on it

Honestly this is pathetic. 3 is objectively the superior game and pretending to prefer 2, as good as it is, just to signal how smart you are makes you look like a tryhard pleb.
>>
>>382249504
Nah, always liked 2 more.

Also painfully obvious 3 was your first MGS game.
>>
the elegia trailer is better
>>
>>382249504
There is nothing wrong with preferring 2.

>tighter controls
>tighter environments
>more fleshed out bosses
>mindfuck plot
>good story twists
>less gameplay fluff

I prefer 3 btw
>>
>>382246762
>Realism is not FUN

Depends on the game, and what you're looking to get out of it.
>>
>>382249593
2 was my first mgs game, I still own the demo disc with it on.

2 is sterile compared to 3 and the backtracking in the swimming section is unforgivable.
>>
>>382249504

I still think MGS1 is the best game out of the series.

2 and 3 are effectively tied, just as good as the other for different reasons.
>>
>>382249504
I already understood the story before that faggot made a video. I loved MGS2, everything about it was amazing. 3 is a good sequel, but MGS2 is a legit masterpiece. Everything about that game oozes style.
>>
>>382249504
>since bunnyhop did his post-modern video on it
except bunnyhop does not go over details very much and mostly just gargles on about how the game wasn't that fun to play but fun to sit through and LOOK AT THAT THE PATRIOT WAS ALL OF US ALL ALONG. mgs2 is the most poignant, after V, but mgs3 is definitely the tightest and most cohesive piece.
>>
Raiden>Solid>Big Boss

I don't get why people dont like Raiden, he's my favourite character
>>
>>382249730
That just means you're extra stupid.
>>
>>382248708
MGSV literally causes my cells to carry out mitosis uncontrollably, invading nearby tissues and having malformed reproduced cells that never undergo apoptosis, ultimately killing me
>>
>>382249812
>but mgs3 is definitely the tightest and most cohesive piece.

Not even close.

1 and 2 are the tightest and most cohesive.

3 is where everything started to go downhill.
>>
>>382249849
>iq too low to appreciate 20+ minutes of poorly shoehorning in an attempt to characterise Emma before her death to give it weight
But 4 is shit when it does the exact same crap with its bosses haha
>>
>>382249863
Fox!
>>
>>382249863
RIP Anon

A true patriot and a hero.
>>
File: punished pope.png (452KB, 629x403px) Image search: [Google]
punished pope.png
452KB, 629x403px
>>382229070
Yup. It taught me never to become unreasonably excited for a video game ever again. Easily the biggest disappointment I've ever experienced in games next to ZTD, what a shit way to end the series.
>>
>>382250151
Die!
>>
2 > 3 > 1 > MG2 >>> PW >>> 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>> V > MG1

Prove me wrong.
>>
>>382250773
Switch PW with 4 and you'd be right.
>>
>>382250773
metal gear 1 too low
>>
>>382249812
I like 5 but to call it poignant is to ignore how much of an island that final cutscene was compared to the rest of the game.

The whole concept of making an MGS game fundamentally unsatisfying in many of the key elements of the series was not a good idea. I know why skullface is unsatisfying as an antagonist for example, but it does not justify that decision when considering the sacrifices Kojima had to make to get his point across.
>>
>>382250380
You feel it too, don't you?
>>
File: bosse32014.jpg (65KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
bosse32014.jpg
65KB, 640x360px
>>382229070
No. I'll never recover. In fact I'm planning to make an indie game "prequel" to MGSV. I'll make sure to only reference MGS very lightly so that nobody can actually sue me. It'll be set in post-WW2 USSR in Siberia and it'll be about the owner of that pin that killed Zero. I'll try to merge MG1 top-down gameplay with MGS1 visuals, MGSV AI systems and Zelda1 open world structure. Look out for that game in about 5 years. It'll take time, I can't even start on it yet, I'm just a junior in a shit AA studio currently, there's a long way ahead.
>>
File: 20131129-hand_rub.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
20131129-hand_rub.gif
1MB, 320x240px
3 > 2 > 1> GZ > 4 > TPP > PW > MG2 > MG1
>>
>>382251071
Konami will fuck you regardless
>>
>>382229070
>Have you recovered yet?
Kinda. The game's fucking terrible but you can pretty much ignore it since it doesn't actually do anything with the canon.
>>
File: 1473340541399.gif (3MB, 400x202px) Image search: [Google]
1473340541399.gif
3MB, 400x202px
>>382250773
>V that low
>2 is favorite
D-do I f-fit in yet, guys?
>>
>>382251119
>GZ and TPP not at the very bottom
fuck off
>>
>>382251176
They won't. I won't reference MGS in any way at all. Just the pin, that's it. And the general mood and style of MGS.
>>
File: duck.jpg (75KB, 620x729px) Image search: [Google]
duck.jpg
75KB, 620x729px
>>382250380
>>382243841
>>382251071
So Anon didnt get the MGS game he expected? Does that loss from 2 years ago from what you don't have still hurt?

Could you be feeling a... phantom pain?
>>
>>382251119

1>2=3>TPP>PW>4>GZ
>>
MGS1
>best bosses

MGS2
>best writing

MGS3
>best story
>>
>>382251263
MGSV shill detected
It sucks kiddo
>>
>>382251263
I could honestly swap 1, 2, or 3. They're all fucking fantastic.
>>
>>382251379
I didn't get the MGS that I expected. But that exactly what I expected from MGS. Honestly now that the dust is settled 5 is my current favorite MGS game. It's not perfect, but I love it
>>
>>382251379
Maybe it's actually the best game in the series because of this
The story extends to you in your real life
>>
>>382250870
What did people dislike about 4 anyways?
>>
this game has supreme god-tier programming and it will be studied in the future, much in the way that mario 64 is today.
>>
>>382250773
yeah fukushima is pretty based
>>
>>382229070

It certainly did kill something inside of me, like the hope that there are video game devs out there that are not hacks. Even if MGS was usually kinda stupid, I could appreciate the love that was put into the game and the little details everywhere so much that it made it my favorite series. V was just an empty open world piece of vomit.
The situation at Konami was a factor but overall it was the game Kojima wanted to make.
It's a better splinter cell than it is a MGS.
>>
>>382251119
>TPP that high
>PW and MG2 that low
Shit tastes nigger.
>>
>>382251702
Chapter 3, cutscene to game ratio, Snake losing much his charisma, poor boss characterisation, Potentially Johnny's role in the story.

I quite like MGS4 personally though.
>>
>>382251815
Fukushima makes weebshit though.
>>
>the director of the mgs movie considers the game gone home to be art

im not optimistic guys
>>
if you don't like mgs5, you don't know FUCKING SHIT about vidya
>>
2 > 1 > 5 > 3 > 4 > PW > MG2 > PoP > GB > MG > ACID 2 > ACID 1
>>
>>382252027
>2 > 1 > 3 > 4 > PW > MG2 > PoP > GB > MG > ACID 2 > ACID 1 > 5
Fixed.
>>
post best scenes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wriaT32v2T0
>>
>>382252027
2>1>3>4>PW>V>PO>MG2>MG1
>>
>>382251968
Fuck him. MGS belongs to all of us now that Kojima is gone from Konami. Make your own MGS, we don't need that shit
>>
File: Metal Gear Newfag Guide Final 1.jpg (3MB, 2000x4685px) Image search: [Google]
Metal Gear Newfag Guide Final 1.jpg
3MB, 2000x4685px
>>382251997
>t. faggot who hasn't played the entire series
>>
>>382251908
he's only done mgs you retarded faggot
>>
>>382252110
WRONG

>>>382252154
Eh

>>382252163
t. loremaster
Fuck of faggot, MGS isn't about lore, it's about shitting on the lore. That's the core of MGS
>>
>>382252163
dude, i don't give a shit about the gay ass story. when you have supreme god-tier programming like mgs5 has, the anime shit doesn't matter.
>>
I'm finishing MGSV (I've already played the hospital mission), it's my first MGS game. I love it. I see why you hate the ending. I can see the good intention on it, but it needed more work. Some things are unfinished and some other are just simply not very well made. If second chapter were like the first one, it would have been just so perfect. But I love it anyway.

I'm also playing MGS1. I understand literally nothing about what it's happening but I am ejoying it.
>>
>>382252297
>MGS isn't about lore, it's about shitting on the lore. That's the core of MGS
Exactly. You can only have a proper understanding of this if you played the entire series.
>>
>>382252349
Doesn't make it a good game
>>
>>382252249
Yeah and the games he wrote without Kojima are Acid and GB. Both are pure weebshit. GB is fun to play, don't get me wrong. But story is pure weebshit.
>>
>>382252417
Metal Gear should be the golden standard for video games, not an average third person shooter
>>
>>382252417
>playing MGSV first
Are you fucking retarded? Congratulations on spoiling yourself on the rest of the series.
>>
>>382252417
I think playing V first would be really awesome because it would make going through all the previous ones that much better
>>
>>382251968
neither do i, but at least mgs is already a good movie on its own.
>>
>>382252434
Exactly. And if you understand that, you know that MGSV story is pretty amazing. People who don't like it are the loremasters who want everything explained. Fuck em. That's not MGS. That why MGS4 sucked
>>
>>382252583
this guy gets it
>>
File: Ready.jpg (16KB, 600x549px) Image search: [Google]
Ready.jpg
16KB, 600x549px
>>382229070
No. Fuck you and fuck this thread. And fuck all of you, guys.

I'm still mad. In 1000000 years when our sun explodes I will still be mad.
>>
the custcenes freeze and skip (the disc spinning icon appears) when i use my copy of mgs1 on my ps2

is that an issue with the disc or my ps2? all other games work fine on it
>>
>>382236946
what the fuck, this is literally fucking metal gear
it's so obvious but i'm sure anti-rusefags will deny it
>>
>>382252691
Raging Raven pls
>>
>>382252124

t. otacon
>>
>>382252831
CALM DOWN! CLAM DOWN!
never
>>
>>382252441
actually it's really that matters. i mean that other stuff makes games better, but it's subsidiary.
>>
>>382252797
anti-rusefags are 10 times more insufferable than rusefags, t b h
>>
File: 1289256771188.gif (3MB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
1289256771188.gif
3MB, 350x263px
I'll never forgive kojima or konami for MGSV. It still hurts and it's a pain I'll take to the grave. My life has been an empty shell since this shit ruined everything. They took everything from me
>>
>>382252915
>that music
>that camerawork

dont tell me that that scene isnt amazing
>>
>>382233292
>>382233340
https://boards.fireden.net/_/search/tripcode/3ZzvK/
Caramel actually still posts here and there. He's really desperate though and now he barely gets any replies because they know how BTFO he got.
>>
>>382252124
Best scene in all of MGS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2LNl0iklkA
>>
>>382253028
really all that matters*
>>
>>382253095
>has capacity to invent robolegs
>goes back to using a wheelchair

hmmm
>>
>>382252536
When I started playing I really didn't give a shit about the series and I wasn't going to play a MGS1 to play the game that I wanted. For what I know I just spoiled some things about MGS3, I don't know shit about MGS1,2 and 4.

It was an incredible surprise to find Ocelot as an enemy and Miller as a friend in MGS1.
>>
>>382253028

You just prove that you are a complete newfag to MGS and don't understand how people that were fans since the first feel about this game.
>>
File: 123456789.png (106KB, 573x424px) Image search: [Google]
123456789.png
106KB, 573x424px
>>382248239
>>382248354
>>382250773
>>382252027
>>382252154
>PW
>Not the shittiest
>>
>>382253225
Miller's not in MGS1...
>>
>>382253212
I have the capacity to own a Ferrari. Alas, I ride a bus
>>
>>382252536
it's pretty self-contained. it reveals that zero is the man behind the patriots and the international shadow government/intelligence agency, but then it makes zero's reveal as such seem cooler than it actually is.
>>
>>382246762
Kazuhira "Don't Speak Ebonics Or I'll Go Demonic" Miller
>>
>>382253297
PW is fantastic and seems to be what everyone wanted out of V
>>
>>382253302
Stop being a faggot, faggot.
>>
>>382253297
PW was amazing on the psp and playing coop on the ps3. It was an incredible experience getting your base up. Fuck off. And the story was great.
>>
>>382253447
???
>>
>>382253424
Yes, bare bones gameplay with tiny locations and a story that's a literal copy of MGS3 with waifubait is exactly what I wanted from MGS
>>
>>382253297
pw has heart to it

mgsv is soulless
>>
>>382252543
I don't know if it's the best, but the confusion that generates me to see myself as Solid Snake, with Miller and Zero as friends, and Ocelot and Liquid Snake as enemies, knowing more or less who they are, makes the game super interesting.
>>
>>382253498
You like penuses up your butthole
>>
>>382253302
SO WHO THE FUCK IS MASTER MILLER

Please don't tell me. I better leave the thread.
>>
>>382253530
weird
>>
>>382253271
i do understand. i wish it had a MGS1-2-3-tier story, that would be ecstasy.

but i can live without it. and it's not like the story is bad, it's just really sparse compared to the rest of MGS.
>>
>>382253664
get out of here you dumbass
>>
>>382253664
Venom Snake is Miller
>>
>>382253664
oh right he is nvm

i forgot about codecs :3
>>
>>382253664
>sparse compared to MGS3
Really? MGS3 literally has no story outside of the final battles. It's just you going through a jungle killing random bosses.
>>
>>382253297
V is basically PW but with a SHIT TON of unnecessary padding to fill time. The open world garbage only makes it so you waste time and doesn't actually have any positive effect on gameplay besides doing le wacky reddit stunts and grinding your guns you won't use. Both V and PW are mission based at their core, but PW doesn't waste your time. You select a mission and it drops you right into the heat of it immediately. It was built this way because of PSP limitations and yet V carries this tradition for some reason despite being marketed as open world.

Therefore PW cannot be the shittiest if V exists.
>>
>>382253302
miller was too soft on the boy
>>
File: 1433901997276.jpg (41KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1433901997276.jpg
41KB, 600x456px
>>382253493
>And the story was great
>>
>>382253875
>SHIT TON of unnecessary padding
Yeah stuff like AI, items, weapons, actual decent controls an quality animation. That's padding. PW is pure, doesn't have any of that. All it has is endless trash
>>
>>382253875
nah V is still better.

You have tons of options to get around the open world, get over it
>>
peace walker is 5.
Prove me wrong.
>>
>>382253664
chico
>>
>>382253875
>PW doesn't waste your time
Have you actually played that piece of shit? That game is full of repeating missions and reused asset. The whole game is a waste of time as far as I'm concerned
>>
>>382254179
that's nice :)
>>
anyone else fine with how mgs2 ended the solid series?

i am
>>
>>382254178
Who's Quiet then
>>
>>382254158
>too stupid to know about roman numerals
>>
>>382254273
Me

I'm a girl btw
>>
>>382254228
It's nice when people can't argue because they're too stupid. Too bad we don't have karma so you can't downvote me))))))
>>
>>382253493
>And the story was great.

mgs3 flashbacks, crybaby big boss who was deceived and manipulated by kaz..
>>
>>382254321
>kojima explicitly stated it is not mgs5, but mgsv
>>
>>382254346
How can you be Quiet if you're a girl??
>>
>>382253995
V features REAL TIME R&D. That alone makes it 1000000000x worse than PW. For V you also have to go around the world collecting garbage. This garbage is also consumed every time you deploy depending on what you pick. This is true padding. R&D in PW is nothing compared to V's grindfest.

>>382254179
I have actually. Funnily enough, there's more map variety in PW than in V which is almost 99% attacking generic outposts in 2 maps. Whoa, a dirt road surrounded by 5 small houses so you can capture a nameless soldier. Now that's variety. Oh, maybe you'll have to trail a nameless soldier and THEN capture him. WHOOOOOOOA. PW gets right to the meat of things and gives you what you want.
>>
>>382253994
>laughing at how shit their own story is

>>382254231
but mgs5 ended the series. it brought it full circle m8 :)
>>
>>382254498
>but mgs5 ended the series. it brought it full circle m8 :)

FUCK
>>
>>382253081
who is caramel
>>
>>382254427
[citation needed]
>>
>>382235562
While I think being able to fulton everyone made the game super easy I can't remember having a whole lot of trouble dealing with bodies in MGS3 either.

Honestly I think that whole problem could have been solved if they made bigger bases with large indoor sections where it would take an incredibly long time to drag someone outside, or just make it so you can't drag people outside. It always felt like the bases were too large and open for the kinds of options you had so you could easily cheese your way through.
>>
>>382254615
someone here has the twitter post
>>
Has there EVER been a better pleb filter than MGS5? If you don't enjoy the gameplay, you a pleb. If you don't enjoy the story full of rich themes, metaphors out the ass, allusions and hints, you're a pleb. You're literally too stupid to get it. I love that MGS5 exists. Finally we have something that separates plebs from connoisseurs.
>>
>>382254483
>ever having to farm in mgsv
you must be atrociously bad at the game then, it pretty much provides everything you need if you aren't a massive cuck

>>382254615
https://twitter.com/HIDEO_KOJIMA_EN/status/637435774162436101
>>
is twin snakes worth a playthrough?
>>
>>382229070
Nier Automata 3rd playthrough healed the wounds. It gave me what I wanted from MGSV chapter 2.
>>
File: v has coem to.jpg (37KB, 623x225px) Image search: [Google]
v has coem to.jpg
37KB, 623x225px
>>382254615
>>
>>382254717
You have to be a pleb to enjoy V gameplay because it's basically a shitty Ubisoft game.
>>
>>382254483
>you also have to go around the world collecting garbage.
Did you actually play it? Those plants and diamonds give you very little resources, it's just there to cater to OCD retards. I don't even bother picking them up, they're nothing.
>>
I could have forgiven everything if it had just had a bunch of good boss fights. Two proper boss fights in the entire game is inexcusable for a Metal Gear title.
>>
>>382254816
Hello pleb. What's it's like having bad taste in games. Don't tell me, I don't actually want to know, stay away.
>>
>>382254852
Did you actually use logic before typing? Garbage also includes those shipping containers.
>>
>>382254945
>Defending normie Ubisoft games
Ultimate pleb
>>
>>382254961
>Garbage also includes those shipping containers
How is that garbage? There's like 2 of those in every camp. How do you even go around the map collecting them?
>>
>>382254697
>>382254742
>>382254813
well ill be damned
>>
File: yunop.png (62KB, 348x224px) Image search: [Google]
yunop.png
62KB, 348x224px
Actually, the real grinding in MGSV is done in the online part by endlessly invading other players FOBs because the ingame world does not even have nearly enough resources to come anywhere close to creating any high rank gear.

It's still a complete garbage system but no one actually grind in the offline content.
>>
>>382255061
>mommy it's open world so it's bad
Don't speak to me again, it's disgusting. You vile little creature.
>>
>>382255169
All that high rank gear is for use online though. So if you're not online, you don't bother with it. I have 250 hours in the game and like 5 of them are online. Fuck online.
>>
>>382249983
> all that backtracking
> all those shitty boss fights

ye

sure...
>>
I wonder if 4chan was around when MGS2 came out everyone would be complaining that MGS2 isn't finished. You don't even get to kill the Patriots AND the final mission was cut out of the game. What is this?
>>
>>382229070
i can't get into it anymore. i used to love playing it but now it just feels too easy
>>
>>382255390
MGS2 was actually a good game as opposed to V, so that helps.
>>
>>382255061
>too dumb to understand the supreme god-tier programming
wow
>>
>>382229070

I still feel my arm and my leg!
>>
>>382255390
/v/'s MGS threads are actually the very same shit the AI at the end of MGS2 was talking about
>>
>>382255482
turn off the reflect mode then you casual
>>
>>382255543
>pac-man simulator
>good game
>>
>>382255543
>walk around corridors: the game
Great game bro
>>
>>382252163

call me a credfag, but sperging out and telling newcomers to start with the MSX games is probably the most autistic thing I've ever seen
>>
File: venom drake.png (229KB, 651x434px) Image search: [Google]
venom drake.png
229KB, 651x434px
>MGSV has 50 hours of content before it starts recycling stuff, all of it core stealth gameplay
>easily a 200+ hour game if you're a completionist
>one mission and a few features cut
>REEEEEEEE UNFINISHED GAME FACK U KOJIMA

>MGS4 is 15 hours long, 9 hours of it is cutscenes
>Only two-three hours of core stealth gameplay and mostly becomes setpieces after act 2
>Well at least it's a complete game :^)

I fucking hate you faggots
>>
>>382255674
did giga nigga it's still easy as fuck to S rank

they should've let you gone without starter gear on every mission
>>
>>382255618
for you
>>
>>382255390
AND you're not actually Snake!
>>
>>382255543
>This is what sonybros actually believe
>>
>>382255842
>Get dropped 5 minutes away if you don't have any means of travel to pad gametime so you can walk into a generic outpost: the game
Good shit right there. Goooood shit. Now that's quality.
>>
>>382255897
It's okay bro some of us know that MGSV is good. The rest are faggots and they like penisus.
>>
>>382255897
>mgs4 has 6 hours of gameplay
absolutely wrong. it's far less than that.
>>
>>382255910
lmfao sure m8 like i really believe you :D
>>
File: temp.png (361KB, 313x476px) Image search: [Google]
temp.png
361KB, 313x476px
>>382253556

Yeah...
>>
>>382255942
fuck off you memespouting retard
>>
>>382255986
>if you don't have any means of travel
Why wouldn't you? Either drop a horse or a car with you. What's the problem there son. If you forgot to drop a car, it's not the game who fucked up
>>
File: 1493800155587.png (400KB, 450x720px) Image search: [Google]
1493800155587.png
400KB, 450x720px
It's still incredibly disappointing as a video game, but I've come to the realization that Kojima made it that way intentionally, and it's given me a far greater appreciation for the game than when it was first released. I'm pretty sure this wasn't the original vision he had in mind for the game, but whatever that may have been was unfortunately scrapped due to the row with Konami.

MGSV seems to be a more spiteful rendition of the themes in MGS2 that related to the player. Metal Gear Solid 2 encouraged players to be their own individual rather than to live vicariously through Snake. On the other hand, Metal Gear Solid V has the player literally become Big Boss, in a fashion as if Kojima were angrily asking the player "You want to be Biggu Bossu? Fine. Now you Biggu Bossu". Not only was this reveal profoundly disappointing to most players, but Kojima made being Big Boss boring. I don't think it's a coincidence that by the end of the game when the reveal happens, everything has become dull, monotonous, repetitive and tedious, to the point that you're literally replaying missions. And just like we can never truly interact with the characters on our screen, Venom hardly has a relationship with anyone else. People like to blame Sutherland and his assumed exorbitant wages for Venom's taciturn nature, but it seems obvious to me that this is because of his nature as a stand-in for the player. Kojima gave players exactly what they wanted, and made them hate it by sapping all of the romance out of the fantasy of being Big Boss. Because that's the reality. Being Big Boss wouldn't be some perpetually exciting Hollywood spectacle, it would suck. The whole game is built around creating anti-climaxes and disappointing the player.

It's the most brilliant thing Kojima has done since MGS2, but I still can't help but be disappointed by it, as was intended. I would love to have seen Kojima's original designs for the game.
>>
>>382246774
what the fuck has mgsv to do with post-modernism
>>
>>382255806
>pac-man
>bad
Now everyone knows you're shitposting.
>>
>>382256098
Did I hurt your feelings?
>>
>>382255986
I always dropped in with a jeep, you fucked up
>>
>>382256085
>"Cipher is connected through a proxy to this dude so go take him out" is the setup for the vast majority of MGSV's mission, they don't progress the story in a meaningful manner in the slightest
To a brainlet like you they don't. A smart person like me knows that EVERY MGSV mission has a thematic meaning behind. Name a mission, pleb, I'll explain it to you since you're too stupid to get it.
>>
>>382255986
cute but the main areas have the best level design in MGS bar none, bar fucking none.

yes, it has outposts, but then that's how a typical military area of operations functions. if you weren't such a numale, you'd know that.
>>
>>382256196
>muh sony boogeyman even tho mgs2 is multiplatform

literally brainless
>>
thinking of starting a fresh playthough
is it more fun with no weapon upgrade?
>>
>>382253875
>He can't call a helicopter
>He can't use the delivery system
>He can't use D-Horse
>He hasn't used D-Walker
>He hasn't fultoned a vehicle

Bravo jackass
>>
File: 1447186934914.jpg (15KB, 196x167px) Image search: [Google]
1447186934914.jpg
15KB, 196x167px
>>382255897
MGS4 had bosses and variety in gameplay. From sneaking, to on trials, to Metal Gear Boss fights. It also had better cqc system, story(that's how bad MSV's story is) and presentation

MGSV had 200 hours of the no Story, Bosses, same missions recycled over and over again.

MGSV might be more fun to play but MGS4 is a more finished game with a complete concept.
>>
>>382256085
>his story has no conclusion, it just ends after an anti-climatic side mission.
Wooow, you're getting somewhere boy. If only you would notice that literally every boss in the game is treated the same way. Maybe you would understand it's not random. Maybe it's not just a joke that Huye is the one who kills Skullface, maybe there's something there if you stop being a brainlet and think for a second.
>>
>>382252614
No, it's still fucking garbage. The story is outright unfinished, has terrible fucking pacing, and never properly explores any of its themes.

85% of the "story" missions in the game are pure filler and contribute nothing to the plot. "Cipher is connected through a proxy to this dude so go take him out" is the setup for the vast majority of MGSV's mission, they don't progress the story in a meaningful manner in the slightest. Then the second half of the game consists of literal reused missions until the final hospital mission, which is virtually incidental to the first mission, appears with quite literally no fucking buildup and abruptly ends the game. There's no proper conclusion in the fucking slightest. Compare that to PW where every single story mission moved the story along at a good, linear pace and has a proper conclusion with a final boss fight against Zeke. It's a fucking night and day difference.

And that's just the fucking pacing. MGSV has a shitload of other crippling flaws:
>Skullface is a shit villain who halfway through the game dies after being built-up so well in GZ.
>The "Man on Fire" is one of the stupidest asspulls in the entire series and his story has no conclusion, it just ends after an anti-climatic side mission.
>Quiet is also a fucking shit character with a terrible story whose entire problem could've been solved by writing on a piece of paper. Choosing to kill Quiet also does absolutely fucking nothing besides outright removing content from the game, compared to killing/saving Meryl in MGS1 which changed the fucking ending to the game.
>Parasites are a completely unnecessary plot device and the 1980s equivalent to MGS4's nanomachines. It showcases Kojima weakness as a writer by relying on that same tired plot-device crutch to explain the "mystical" element of the series, such as the Cobra unit, when it's complete unnecessary.
>>
>>382256287
>implying mgs2 is playable on any platform that isn't sony
kek
>>
my dad wont stop laughing at lalelulilo

pls help
>>
>>382255897
really, MGS5 ends after the metal gear fight like they all do, and that alone is a really EPIC game. the rest is coda and character epilogues.
>>
>>382256458
Tell him about the super serious man covered in bees to distract him.
>>
>>382256439
Did you get banned bro? Stop evading your bans.
>>
>>382252614
>>382256439
>Zero, despite turning out to be one of the most important characters in the entire series by being leader of the Patriots/Cipher and being built up as ultimate antagonist of the series, never physically shows up in MGSV, being contained completely to minor tapes you unlock after beating the game.
>MGSV only has one proper boss fight being Sahelanthropus. The Skulls "fights" are more akin to encounters and aren't proper boss fights at all.
>The open world was completely fucking unnecessary and likely bloated the budget and wasted development resources that could've been better spent elsewhere. There's no incentive to stay in the open world and explore being it's fucking empty and you just select you mission from the helicopter menu and drop off at a designated point. The game would've been FAR better as a series of open, GZ style levels presented in a linear order.
>Speaking of the level design, the game suffers from a complete lack of interior levels. Almost everything is an outdoor camp, you never infiltrate a proper indoor facility, which were always some of the best stealth sections in the entire series. Everything feel samey as fuck after playing for bit.
>Motherbase is fucking empty and has nothing to do on it.
>Nobody in the game receives any sort of character development or has an arc besides Huey. Ocelot, who does fucking nothing in the game, might as well be a completely different character. Kaz is just bitter. Quiet's story is shit. And Eli's story is outright unfinished and never has any good interactions with Big Boss.
>>
>>382255897
MGSV starts recycling content almost immediately. All you do is attack really small outposts to capture/kill a nameless soldier. You will do this for like 90% of your time. There's almost no variety. It's the same mission on repeat. But I suppose if you're desperate you can say that slightly different houses isn't recycling.

>>382256239
>>382256130
>>382256327

That means you have to either
A) Use a travel buddy which means you can't use what buddy you want
B) Go capture a vehicle
As opposed to the non-padding answer of simply starting close to the gameplay. But if you want to defend padding that doesn't enhance the game in any way and only wastes your time since the game is unfinished go ahead.

>>382256284
That can't be right because GZ, a tech demo, has way better level design than V. V is just a few houses spread among a dirt road.
>>
>>382252614
>>382256439
>>382256563
>The Big Medic twist has absolutely zero fucking build up and comes out of fucking nowhere. Big Boss never appears in the game proper to properly set him up as an antagonist, and Big Medic is never explored as a character at all. The closet thing to build up is the optional Paz hallucination side story, which is honestly quite good. The hallucination/misremembrance of Big Medic should've been an theme in the actual plot leading up to the big twist. But it's not and the only thing that even hints at this motif is contained to this optional side thing 90% of players didn't do.
>The themes of "Race" and "Revenge" aren't properly explored at all. "Race" is never a factor in the story at all and the only Revenge in the game is Skullface's edgy revenge against the world and Kaz's angst after MSF was destroyed.
>MGSV was built up as the "downfall" of Big Boss, where he was supposed to become the war mongering shitain we know him as in MG2. Instead, Big Medic is a fucking saint who saves children and never does anything close to evil and Big Boss himself never appear in the story to set himself up as an antagonist either. The lackluster story and themes of the game don't make up for the misdirection "ruse" like MGS2 brilliantly did.

I could go on, but MGSV is a fucking garbage game and anyone who defends it is a fucking faggot who has no idea what they're talking about and likely hasn't played the rest of the series.
>>
>>382256346
This honestly, remember how intricate the CQC was? Remember MGO? In MGSV you literally just press a button. What the fuck?
>>
>>382256439
>dude I didn't get a pat on the back from Miller telling me WHOAH BOSS THAT WAS THE MOST SUPER DUPER IMPORTANTEST MISSION EVER THIS IS *EXACTLY* HOW IT IMPACTED CIPHER'S PLANS (and I didn't bother to listen to any of the conversations that add a ton to the story and establish context for the missions)
>dude why wasn't skullface le edgy badass I thought he was in ground zeroes he SUCKS
>dude why didn't I get le ebin boss battle with Volgin even though one of the main themes of the game is the pointless nature of revenge

Your only valid criticisms are Quiet (who is a character ruined by blatant oversexualization, not even SJW) and le parasites.
>>
>>382256563
>muh character isn't in the game abloo!!
>muh game isn't about boss fights abloobidy bloo!!
>the game has too much freedom! why isn't it more linear!!
>WHY ISN'T IT MORE LINEAR!!!!
I'll give you poor motherbase and shitty Ocelot.
>>
>>382256346
yes yes here on the internet we all like to over-analyze and complain about anything but I bet that when you finished mgs4 you were fucking disappointed by the lack of gameplay
>>
>>382256563
dude, this is a lot to refute here, you gonna stick around?
>>
File: venom snake.jpg (42KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
venom snake.jpg
42KB, 1280x720px
>>382256668
>MGSV was built up as the "downfall" of Big Boss, where he was supposed to become the war mongering shitain we know him as in MG2. Instead, Big Medic is a fucking saint who saves children and never does anything close to evil and Big Boss himself never appear in the story to set himself up as an antagonist either. The lackluster story and themes of the game don't make up for the misdirection "ruse" like MGS2 brilliantly did.

This just outs you as a shitter butthurt the story didn't match your headcanon and that you're upset it wasn't Metal Gear Solid V: Revenge of the Sith. I'm sorry you didn't get to see Big Boss kill younglings
>>
>>382256619
>you have to get a vehicle to use it and it's bad
Why is it bad exactly? Not casul enough for you?
>>
File: 1392066107012.jpg (10KB, 300x180px) Image search: [Google]
1392066107012.jpg
10KB, 300x180px
>>382251119
>3 and 2 higher than 1
>>
File: ceiling fans.jpg (162KB, 1000x972px) Image search: [Google]
ceiling fans.jpg
162KB, 1000x972px
>>382256563
>>Zero, despite turning out to be one of the most important characters in the entire series by being leader of the Patriots/Cipher and being built up as ultimate antagonist of the series, never physically shows up in MGSV, being contained completely to minor tapes you unlock after beating the game.
Not only that he and Big Boss are supposed to be enemies. They were supposed to have a war yet in TPP Zero is the nicest character of the series, he rescues Big Boss from the helicopter crash, nurses him back to health and is even kind enough to make a fake body double to distract his enemies.

TPP is VR simulation, Zero is probably orchestrating it, has Big Boss put into the simulation after capturing him at Camp Omega. GZ might even be VR simulation. Zero might be the one who attacked MSF. Zero has the narrative of the simulation insinuate Skullface destroyed MSF as a way to manipulate Big Boss into taking Skullface out for him. When Big Boss realizes what Zero has done to him it'll spark their war.
>>
>>382256668
>MGS has a twist! Abloo!!
>MGS marketing lied to me!! Abloobidy bloo!!
>MGS MARKETING LIED!!!!
t. a brainlet
>>
>>382256973
>Still posting after getting BTFO
LMAO. Desperate.
>>
>>382255897
quantity =/= quality
>>
>>382256852
>>382256985
>This just outs you as a shitter butthurt the story didn't match your headcanon and that you're upset it wasn't Metal Gear Solid V: Revenge of the Sith. I'm sorry you didn't get to see Big Boss kill younglings
Can you faggots read? I wouldn't care if the game went a different direction than what I was expecting at all if story and themes were good. It's exactly what happened with MGS2 and that game is fantastic.

The problem with MGSV is that its story and themes are complete shit and didn't justify it's ruse.
>>
>>382256163

The first thoughtful analysis of the game ITT

thanks
>>
>>382256973
>Not only that he and Big Boss are supposed to be enemies. They were supposed to have a war yet in TPP Zero is the nicest character of the series, he rescues Big Boss from the helicopter crash, nurses him back to health and is even kind enough to make a fake body double to distract his enemies.

Dude, it's established in MGS4 and Peace Walker that Zero NEVER hated Big Boss, and he desperately wanted him back on his side. He saw BB as an irreplaceable friend. The ""war"" was entirely one-sided on Big Boss' end.

Stop getting mad your headcanon wasn't reflected within the story.
>>
>>382255897
MGS1
Total play time = 11h 32m (692 minutes)
Gameplay = 8h 17 m (497 minutes)
Cutscenes = 3h 15m (195 minutes)

Gameplay/Cutscene = 2.5487
Cutscene Proportion = 28%

MGS2
Total play time = 13h 08m (788 minutes)
Gameplay = 7h 44m (464 minutes)
Cutscenes = 5h 24m, (324 minutes)

Gameplay/Cutscene = 1.4321
Cutscene Proportion = 41%

MGS3
Total play time = 16h 11m (971 minutes)
Gameplay = 11h 13m (673 minutes)
Cutscenes = 4h 58m (298 minutes)

Gameplay/Cutscene = 2.2584
Cutscene Proportion = 31%

MGS: PO
Total play time = 12h 36m (756 minutes)
Gameplay = 10h 39m (639 minutes)
Cutscenes = 1h 42m (102 minutes)

Gameplay/Cutscene = 6.2647
Cutscene Proportion = 13%

MGS4
Total play time = 19h 27m (1,167 minutes)
Gameplay = 10h 59m (659 minutes)
Cutscenes = 8h 26m (508 minutes)

Gameplay/Cutscene = 1.2972
Cutscene Proportion = 44%

MGS: PW
Total play time = 34h 08m (2,048 minutes)
Gameplay = 31h 11m (1,871 minutes)
Cutscenes = 2h 57m (177 minutes)

Gameplay/Cutscene = 10.5706
Cutscene Proportion = 9%

MGR: Revengeance
Total play time = 7h 47m (467 minutes)
Gameplay = 5h 28m (328 minutes)
Cutscenes = 2h 19m (139 minutes)

Gameplay/Cutscene = 2.3597
Cutscene Proportion = 30%
>>
File: metal-gear-big-boss.png (938KB, 1415x1080px) Image search: [Google]
metal-gear-big-boss.png
938KB, 1415x1080px
Why do Big Boss, Venom and Solid have no eyebrows?
>>
>>382257257
More immersive face camo
>>
>>382257154
>actually MGS4 is 19 hours and 27 minutes long, not 15 hours
Are you aware that games are interactive?
>>
File: canon.png (523KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
canon.png
523KB, 854x480px
Reminder that this is the canon option.
>>
>>382257382
Look at MGS2 cutscene ratio compared to MGS4, its a meme
>>
File: 1498739357422.png (245KB, 500x398px) Image search: [Google]
1498739357422.png
245KB, 500x398px
>>382256973
me @ ur sad life
>>
>>382255897
If you are a completionis the game takes literally months of real time to complete because some idiot thought it would be a good idea if new items have a development time of up to 12 real days.
>>
>>382256973
>old kojipro logo was identical to fox logo
>fox is when BB was working directly under cipher
>kojima working directly under konami
>new kojipro logo looks like the MSF logo in a trojan helmet
>MSF is when BB was working 'solo' but was actually working under Cipher
>trojan helmet, like when skullface mentions "the trojan horse is in"
>kojima erasing his name in the deja vu/jamais vu mission using the same tech that skullface uses to hide XOF from the helicopter
hmmmmmmmmmm.....
>>
>>382257154
MGS4 does not have 11 hours of gameplay unless you're deliberately playing at a snail's pace or you leave it idling.
>>
>>382256163
it's true, you ARE big boss in this game, he is your avatar. that's why you make an avatar and he's you.

and i like it this way, it's great being big boss. i don't think this was done out of spite.
>>
>>382257446
>implying anyone thinks MGS2 isn't full of cinematics
Problem is MGS4 gameplay was trash after act 2. First 2 acts were golden, then it just dropped gameplay and started doing one gimmick after another
>>
File: 1496440198158.jpg (301KB, 600x456px) Image search: [Google]
1496440198158.jpg
301KB, 600x456px
>>382256762
>muh character isn't in the game
After the entire series built him up as the ultimate villain without ever giving him an on-screen role to show this aspect of his character yeah I'm pissed he isn't in the game where he should logically should have an active role.
>muh game isn't about boss fights
The boss fights and units were always some of the best aspects of the series. MGSV having shit bosses is a dissappointment.
>the game has too much freedom! why isn't it more linear!!
Because the game gained nothing from being open world and GZ already did its "freedom of infiltration" design idea better in a closed environment.

Also
>abloobidy bloo!!
>abloo!!
You sound like a complete faggot when you generalize and say this shit.
>>
File: 1493054498109.jpg (30KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1493054498109.jpg
30KB, 320x320px
>>382257576
>implying Shadow Moses and OH was shit
Kill yourself
>>
File: VR SIMULATION.jpg (39KB, 682x393px) Image search: [Google]
VR SIMULATION.jpg
39KB, 682x393px
>>382257069
Kojima cannot keep this going much longer. Sergio's surgery is this December. The 30th anniversary is in a few weeks. Konami have said they have huge plans for it.

>>382257141
>and so began the war between zero and big boss
>their absolute reverence for her drove them apart
>there was nothing left of the boss's noble will in their struggle, all that remained was hatred, a passion to destroy one another
>in the end they became bitter enemies as the zero from which they both started was split into two
And from Big Boss himself
>after all the bad blood between us i cant help but wonder...did zero really hate me? or did he just fear me? it's too late to ask him now
He was desperate to get Big Boss back on his side and used Paz as a last ditch attempt. But he gave her orders to assassinate Big Boss if he refused to join him. Doesn't exactly sound like something a "friend" would do. "Join me or die."

>He saw BB as an irreplaceable friend.
This was after killing Big Boss. That's why Zero places Big Boss into the nanomachine coma. That's what vengeance does. After dedicating so much energy and effort towards hatred, when you finally kill that person you're left with an empty hole. After Zero succeeds in killing Big Boss he's left wondering what did any of this accomplish and reminiscences on the fact they were once friends.

It is specifically said Zero himself had Big Boss and Gray Fox's bodies recovered from Zanzibarland. Yet Zero is apparently in his coma before the events of TPP.
>>
>>382257442
>GZ/PW sneaking suit
holy shit
>>
>>382257442
Why shoot her in the chest and not the head?
>>
>>382257586
>I'm pissed I don't get to punch villain in the face!!
Maybe capeshit flicks are more your jam than MGS, mr. brainlet.
>>
>>382257586
literally the point is that zero was never actually the villain you dolt, he was an inept sickly old man who bit off more than he could chew and the systems he created spiraled out of control and ruined the world. This was established in MGS4, and Peace Walker and V further elaborated upon it.

You built up a headcanon and then got mad it wasn't represented in the actual games.
>>
File: 1280529374176.png (219KB, 538x358px) Image search: [Google]
1280529374176.png
219KB, 538x358px
>>382257705
>STILL POSTING AFTER GETTING A NUCLEAR BLASTING THE FUCK OUT
>>
>>382229070
I did at release.
It was yet another MGS and literally nothing pointed at it being good.
Although by Peace Walker I was already wanting to see this franchise get killed.
>>
>>382257670
Shadow Moses was trash, a QTE boss battle being the highlight.
>>
File: Boss is out of Quiets league.jpg (601KB, 1000x1353px) Image search: [Google]
Boss is out of Quiets league.jpg
601KB, 1000x1353px
>>382257753
Because you can survive a shot to the head, but a broken heart always kills.
>>
File: 1498687497082.jpg (60KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1498687497082.jpg
60KB, 1024x1024px
>>382257705
>>
>>382257912
but was it true love?
>>
>>382257895
>Crying Wolf was QTE
>>
>>382257794
You're letting TPP, a game that completely contradicts the previously established narrative without explanation warp your perception of the information displayed in 4.

Zero didn't expect the AI to evolve into perpetuating a war economy. But he was still a fucking nutjob when getting his organisation to sink it's tentacles into the world. He didn't have the AIs set up until after he kills Big Boss.
>>
>>382258040
No, she was a rehash. Great job rehashing a better game in a shit way, MGS4.
>>
>>382257983
Yes,Venom never cared about Quiet etc. etc.

not even memeing
>>
>>382257730
oh.
the pains in being a pirate. :(
>>
>>382258105
Metal Gear Solid 4 is a shit game that retcons shit left and right to an even greater degree than V, so who cares

I'm not a timelinefag or lorefag because I actually understood what Kojima intended with MGS2
>>
>>382257770
>>382257794
>literally the point is that zero was never actually the villain you dolt, he was an inept sickly old man who bit off more than he could chew and the systems he created spiraled out of control and ruined the world.
That's fine, I like the explanation the MGSV Secret Tapes gave to his character.

The problem is that he never fucking appears in the game at all or has an active role in the fucking story. This entire explanation is contained exclusively to tapes you unlock after beating the game, it's a throwaway. It's a shit way to present the story when they should've been cutscenes implemented in the actual game.
>>
>>382258105
can you fuck off
>>
MGSV sux compared to all other entries to the series
The end
>>
File: 1493667065692.jpg (57KB, 289x288px) Image search: [Google]
1493667065692.jpg
57KB, 289x288px
>POST YFW YOU'RE NOT CARAMEL
>>
>>382257753
so that she'd make for a beautiful corpse
>>
>>382258286
who is caramel
>>
File: 1281291987123.png (224KB, 544x400px) Image search: [Google]
1281291987123.png
224KB, 544x400px
>>382258286
You gotta post spidermans to trigger him.
>Caramel STILL posting his retarded theories and arguing after getting BTFO
>>
>>382257770
>>I'm pissed I don't get to punch villain in the face!!
I never said faggot, keep on generalizing though it really helps your argument.
>>
>>382258408
Thankfully not me or you.
>>
>>382258173
t, brainlet
They are both phantoms, their real lives taken away by war, replaced by fake identities. They both became weapons and all they have is each other because nobody else could possibly understand what it's like not to have a human life, not to live as your own person. There's no better love story in MGS than the story of Venom and Quiet, but you just don't get it do you, you piece of shit
>>
>>382257983
it was love born on the battlefield, which is the purest love of all.
>>
>>382257154
If you go full speed with maximum efficacy, you can beat MGS in maybe less than five hours.
>>
>>382258284
Fuck you The End. You don't get it grandpa
>>
>>382258557
And you can't do this with other entries?
>>
>>382258653
I dunno. I haven't tried yet with the other games.
>>
>>382258618
You're probably a fucking faggot who likes shitty games and would just wait for me to die in a fight
>>
File: 1385012596679.jpg (277KB, 530x397px) Image search: [Google]
1385012596679.jpg
277KB, 530x397px
Mostly. I was considering buying it again in the Steam sale to replay it but them someone reminded me of the stupid fucking Kikongo twist and I lost most of my interest.
>>
File: 1493902393968s.jpg (2KB, 125x117px) Image search: [Google]
1493902393968s.jpg
2KB, 125x117px
>>382258286
>>
>>382255875
I put them there because MG2 has important story beats that flow nicely into MGS1 and MG1 has story ebats that flwo into MG2. MG2 is also a fucking fantastic game but nobody knows this because they all skip the MSX games like a bunch of fucking casuals.
>>
Post your playthrough count, faggots
MGS - 4
MGS2 - 5
MGS3 - 3
MGS4 - 1
PW - 1
MGS5 - 2

I'd replay MGS4, but my PS4 yloded
>>
File: the+crash+was+a+lie+XD.png (1MB, 1698x1200px) Image search: [Google]
the+crash+was+a+lie+XD.png
1MB, 1698x1200px
>>382258204
The retconning is done with explanation and doesn't contradict a previously established narrative without explanations that make sense. Making the MGS3 codec team The Patriots comes out of nowhere but it's a reveal that fits into the Metal Gear canon. We know nothing about what happened to the codec team post-MGS3. They never once cemented the fact Zero retired after Operation Snake Eater to the desolate England countryside so he could marathon James Bond movies till the day he dies. We knew nothing about the codec team post-MGS3, MGS4 was just revealing what came of them afterwards.

MGS4 flat out explains Zero and Big Boss fucking hated each other and spent their better years trying to murder each other, which Zero eventually succeeded at, yet in TPP they're best of friends. And now Zero is in his coma before he's supposed to carry out actions which have huge catastrophic repercussions of the Metal Gear story.

>>382258258
>That's fine, I like the explanation the MGSV Secret Tapes gave to his character.
But they don't make sense. They contradict everything previously established. 4 already explained he never intended the AI to evolve into a war mongering force. What it did establish was that he became a psychotic maniac when elevating his Patriot organisation through the ranks of the world, unethical methods such as extortion and blackmail. He didn't set up the Patriot AI until after he killed Big Boss, with no intentions of it becoming a war mongering force.
>>
>>382258757
Which one are you talking about again? 4?
>>
>>382258497
Wrong, take your shitty headcanon fanfiction somewhere else.
>>
>>382258173
>not understanding body language
>>
>>382258758
And I'll fuck your gay parrot after you die too, faggot
>>
>>382258918
Can you explain why you were flat-out wrong with pretty much everything you've ever said and got BTFO at E3? Can you tell me what you felt when Spiderman was the last thing they showed at the Sony conference?
>>
File: 2QEpuOY.png (316KB, 483x499px) Image search: [Google]
2QEpuOY.png
316KB, 483x499px
>>382258286
>>
>tfw you play all mgs games on easy because you're so shit at stealth

mgs2 and mgs3 on normal was fucking hell
>>
>>382258979
How is it headcanon if it's a literal discription of both characters. If you play the final Quiet mission after the Venom revel mission, it all makes much more sense.
>>
>>382258497
five star post
>>
File: Untitled.png (10KB, 1463x147px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
10KB, 1463x147px
>>382257705
>>382258105
>>382258918
How about you fuck right off? Don't go back on your word like the massive fucking faggot you are. You have singlehandedly ruined every MGS thread ever since you started posting, and I don't want you shitting up any more. Your "ruse" is done and you should have stopped at your apology.
>>
>>382258916
MG1 - 1
MG2 - 1
MGS1 - 1
MGS2 - Gameplay playthroughs for dogtags like 8, story playthroughs 1
MGS3 - 2
MGS4 - 1
PW - 2
MGSV - 1
>>
>>382258962
MGS1. I'm gonna try a high speed run in MGS2 next.
>>
File: 1441836509199.png (2MB, 500x3231px) Image search: [Google]
1441836509199.png
2MB, 500x3231px
>>382259009
>implying
>>
>>382258916
MGS - 1
MGS2 - 1
MGS3 - 1
MGS4 - 5 or 6
PW - 1
MGS5 - like .3 because I hated it

I'd go back all play through all of them again but I want a PS4 port
Also I only have 2 and 3 on my ps vita but the right stick broke :(
>>
>>382258918
Friendly reminder all your theories hinged on Kojima debuting Death Stranding info at this E3. You are one of the biggest embarrassments on /v/.
>>
>>382258916
1-1
2-4
3-8
4-5
PW-3 times
GZ-5 times for the main mission. 2 for side ops
TPP-done each mission at least 3 times, if not more
>>
>>382259409
Impressively shit taste
>>
>>382259038
Why don't you just show multiple signs of autism and ignore a half-naked woman when she's coming onto you
>>
>>382259546
4 gameplay is fun especially when you put on facecamo
And I was grinding for stealth camo
>>
>>382259287
There's an exploint in MGS1 right before climbing the ladder to the duct that leads to the DARPA Chief, you glitch through the vent shaft on the right of that ladder by pressing X right before entering it and it brings you straight to the torture room
>>
>you now realise that the only ruse was /v/ feeding misinformation to caramel to further fuel his deranged fantasies

/v/ has come to!
>>
File: 1444548516533.jpg (102KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1444548516533.jpg
102KB, 1920x1080px
>>382259145
What? How nothing about Venom only caring about himself changes. Not that I'm trying to depict him as a bad person he just didn't give a damn.
>>
>>382229070
I never needed to recover. The gameplay is exactly what I predicted, and the story was actually a little better than I expected.
>>
>>382259569
this hits too close to reality

>>382259497
>hinged on Kojima debuting Death Stranding info at this E3
you obviously haven't been paying attention long enough to the ruse to think that it hinged on E3 this year. caramel thought shit was going to seriously go down, but it didn't. that doesn't mean everything is out the window, now.
>>
MGS5 > MGS2 > MGS3 > MGS1 >>> PW >>>>>>>> MGS4
>>
>>382259880
Put your trip back on Caramel, we know whenever you get BTFO you take it off and start trying to defend yourself.
>>
>>382259893
Move MGSV to the bottom and you got yourself a decent list. Shit tastes as is.
>>
>>382259893
wrong opinion detected
>>
>>382259852
that's why he took an arm full of venom for her, he just didn't give a damn
>>
>>382259968
>tfw i keep saying i'm not caramel but he stole one of my copypastas so I'm basically his phantom at this point
feels bad man
>>
>>382244040
you know he voiced Big Boss too, right?
>>
File: mgs pairings.jpg (377KB, 1800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
mgs pairings.jpg
377KB, 1800x1000px
Who had the best taste in waifus, /v/?
>>
>>382260060
Self preservation. He was saving himself, Venom knew she would speak and get help.
"Love is a willingness to sacrifice." -Michael Novak
>>
>>382260501
meryl was best pussy.
>>
>>382260501
solidus duh
>>
>>382260501
Punished "Venom" Snake
>>
>>
File: 1496321070976.jpg (84KB, 570x450px) Image search: [Google]
1496321070976.jpg
84KB, 570x450px
>>382260501
Me for choosing Laughing Octopus.
>>
>>382260659
Imagine getting cucked by a joke character
>>
File: 1445668295691.png (651KB, 750x720px) Image search: [Google]
1445668295691.png
651KB, 750x720px
>>
>>382260730
moar ocelot r63
>>
>>382260806
solid was a clone with no soul, no desire to pass on genes. i don't think he cared that much, t b h
>>
>>382260603
Nobody knows for sure what the other person is going to do.

They sacrificed themselves for each other.

Pure love, love born on the battlefield.
>>
>>382260919
I guess he just enjoys the killing :P
>>
>>382260919
Fuck off, Kojima. We know you hate Solid and want to suck Big Dick.
>>
>>382260919
He couldn't pass on his genes. LET projects had the ability to reproduce engineered out. That's why Solidus fought so hard against The Patriots, so he would have a chance to leave a legacy behind.
>>
>>382259852
>Venom only caring about himself
Their relationship starts with Venom sparing her life for no reason at all, brainlet. He cared about her titties from the very start. He would've shot her if he didn't.
>>
>>382260919
i know kojima says that he's a clone with no emotion, but fuck what he says, he's had emotional moments throughout the series. what'd he do, fake them?

you're right that he doesn't care much though. that's why people who say he's a cuck are faggots.
>>
High IQ games
MGS5 MGS2
Mid IQ games
MGS1 MGS4
Low IQ games
MGS3 PW
>>
>>382261130
>Venom and Quiet
>Relationship

Choose one.
>>
I didn't followed the hype because I hadn't played all the games so I didn't want to be spoiled, and when I played it I already knew it wasn't the best game ever, so I wasn't really dissapointed.

Also, yes, the game is dissapointing and has a lot of flaws, but it's still enjoyable.
>>
>>382260730
hell yes
>>
File: 1475303202759.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1475303202759.png
1MB, 1280x720px
Reminder that Venom is into blondes
>>
File: hnnnggg.jpg (79KB, 372x456px) Image search: [Google]
hnnnggg.jpg
79KB, 372x456px
>>382260659
I bet Meryl has a big fat pussy like Riley Reid.
>>382260806
More like having to settle for Johnny Because Solid dump her ass for Metal gears and Raiden's boipussy.
>>
>>382261215
Put 3 higher and V at the bottom and you've got yourself a deal
>>
>>382261215
this right here
>>
>>382261183
kojima doesn't say he has no emotion. he says he is "soulless," and there might be something lost in translation there, especially considering the vagueness and broadness of the word "soul." But he does say that he does not have a desire to pass on genes, which is not the same as being emotionless.

>>382261429
>like riley reid
welp, time to go photoshop and fap
>>
>>382261531
>But he does say that he does not have a desire to pass on genes
He literally cannot pass on his genes though.
>>
>>382260919
Why does this series like to shit so much on its best character?
>>
File: eli.png (920KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
eli.png
920KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>382261602
solid had no ability nor desire to pass on genes. you can have a desire but no ability.
>>
What's most annoying to me is that a lot of brainlets completely missed the actual story of the game told in each story arc. All the story arcs are mixed together, so brainlets were just too stupid to connect the dots. They didn't understand that there was a child soldier arc that justified the use of child soldiers in MG2. The didn't understand that Skullface orchestrated the oil spill that killed the village in order to place children immune to the virus in that village, including Liquid. Brainlets didn't get that it was all connected, for them each mission was just a random infiltration. They didn't even understand the story about the oppression of the Mbele people by the Buta and didn't get the drama of the Mbele Squad platoon leader who never wanted his child soldiers to be slaves to Buta. It's all very sad really. People are just too stupid for this game.
>>
2>1>GZ>PW>3>V>4

I'd like to put 3 higher, but 'pausing' everytime really killed my experience.
>>
>>
File: solidus.png (1MB, 1114x637px) Image search: [Google]
solidus.png
1MB, 1114x637px
>>382261651
That's not Solidus.
>>
>>382261442
>3
>high IQ
What could you possibly not understand in MGS3? How stupid are you exactly?
>V at the bottom
Say no more, I know exactly how stupid you are
>>
>>382261914
Too bad those are minor side stories and link filler missions together. None of them relate back to or further the main plot in any significant fashion.
>>
File: 1478872548121.jpg (17KB, 371x425px) Image search: [Google]
1478872548121.jpg
17KB, 371x425px
Reminder that Snake rejected Quiet and she became a whore... because Snake didn't care
>>
>>382261914
>They didn't understand that there was a child soldier arc that justified the use of child soldiers in MG2.
That absolute horseshit. There's like 2 missions involving child soldiers in the entire game, the Eli one and the rescue mission. Big Medic fucking saves the child soldiers, rehabilitates them, and the people forcing them to become soldiers in the first place are clearly portrayed as villains. It doesn't tie into Big Boss using child soldiers in MG2 at all.
>>
>>382261914
>justified the use of child soldiers in MG2
It didn't really justify anything, though. They're separate, if conceptually related, instances.
>>
File: mgsv 1984.jpg (82KB, 1365x765px) Image search: [Google]
mgsv 1984.jpg
82KB, 1365x765px
>COMING 1984
>in Japan, dates are Y/M/D
>19/8/4
>August 4th, 2019
>>
>>382262315
>sought her out
>fought a bunch of tanks and shit
>"didn't care"
>>
sorry mgsv is the best metal gear
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsV5qpaf2_E
>>
>>382261809
>>382261809
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Izhz-9Pxu5U
>>
>>382257570
Well everyone is different. Of course those feelings won't be universal, but it seems to me like the vast majority of players were disappointed in some way, shape or form. Spite may be too harsh a word. It's more along the lines of letting a child order a club soda or put his hand on the stove without warning him. Letting him learn through experience rather than simply preaching to him. Kojima wants players to come to the conclusion themselves that they're better off being themselves than trying to live through Big Boss.

As I said, the whole game is built around anti-climaxes. It's not just the ultimate reveal that disappoints in this game. And when you view all these disappointments together, it's hard to view them as coincidental and not intentional. Someone was complaining in this very thread about how disappointing the Man on Fire and his reveal as Volgin is. There's never a proper showdown, and when he's finally revealed as Volgin, he just vanishes. Ocelot hardly does anything throughout the entire game. Skullface has perhaps one of the most anti-climactic deaths in video game history, simply being crushed beneath the wreckage of a Metal Gear with a third of the game still left. The tank that Huey spends half the game building isn't actually usable, even though it's given multiple scenes dedicated to its construction. Huey gets off with an incredibly light sentence. Zero only ever shows up in the game through a pre-recorded audio tape. Part of me even wonders if they purposely elected to cut Mission 51 entirely when they could have possibly rushed it out in a near-finished state in order to heighten these accumulating feelings of disappointment the player experiences. That's pure unfounded speculation on my part though.

It just seems to me that virtually every plotline in the game falls flat on its face and blueballs the player, to the point that it's hard to believe it's complete coincidence and not designed.
>>
File: pls come back.jpg (68KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
pls come back.jpg
68KB, 1920x1080px
>>382262492
>>sought her out
Ocelot told him Quiet's gone. Kaz also wanted her gone for good so Snake went. Doesn't mean Snake cared about her.
>>
>>382229070
Should I get this game on sale even if I just cant get over that its Jack Bauer snake? is the game play worth it?
>>
File: Metal_Gear_2_Boxart.jpg (27KB, 312x421px) Image search: [Google]
Metal_Gear_2_Boxart.jpg
27KB, 312x421px
>>382258916
mg1 - 3 times
mg2 - 5 times. (highly under-rated game)
mgs1 - < 25 times
mgs2 - < 35 times
mgs3 - < 25 times
mgs4 - about 8 times
mgsPW - 3 times
MGSV: GZ - 7 times
MGSV:TPP - Once...and only once
>>
>>382263562
t. loremaster
>>
File: 1445102782354.jpg (61KB, 997x1041px) Image search: [Google]
1445102782354.jpg
61KB, 997x1041px
>>382229070
i played nothing but mgsV for 80 hours total before i moved on to any other game that i owned. The gameplay and atmosphere were just magnificent and while i thought the body double "twist" was interesting, i honestly felt that the metal gear story should have ended with mgs 1, 2, and 3.

anyone who thinks the game is unfinished is an idiot who want to see their fanfic tier storys played out when the game's story was complete and edifying to the larger story as it is.
>>
>>382263642
>berating someone for being knowledgeable about a series and playing every entry.
Fuck off nigger.
>>
>>382262827
Some of it was clearly intentional storytelling (Skullface's demise, Volgin's last encounter with "Big Boss") but other parts I think are just clumsy things they couldn't get around. Huey, for example, needed something to do on MB regardless of whether or not Battle Gear was implemented into the game, so that plotline stayed. I don't think that was the result of deliberation so much as just the nuances of game development. Same goes for the Kingdom of the Flies mission, or even Ocelot who exists for the player's benefit and not much else.
>>
File: 1404356366209s.jpg (2KB, 87x124px) Image search: [Google]
1404356366209s.jpg
2KB, 87x124px
>>382263734
>posting a shitty twitter/reddit-tier "when" meme
>"there was no cut content guys you just wanted your fanfic fantasies!"
Hello casual.
>>
>>382263734
it was always going to end at MGS2, but western fans didn't understand/care about the post modern story and only wanted snake.
i can understand that because we didn't have MG1 and MG2 at the time, so it was only like having Snake for one and a fifth games. but the "Kojima saga" as i call it is MG1, MG2, MGS1, MGS2
>>
>>382263734
>anyone who thinks the game is unfinished is an idiot
Yes, let's just blatantly ignore all the blatantly unused assets, scenes from trailers that never show up in the game and Mission 51.
>>
greatest trailers of all time, the pain, the hype, its all still there. It wont stop hurting
>>
>>382263861
I think it's safe to say that what we received was not the original direction Kojima had planned for the game. It seems that at some point he realized he wasn't going to be able to create the game he wanted to, and that the final product was doomed to end up lackluster and disappointing, failing to reach the lofty aspirations that had been set forth for it and were now expected of it. But rather than try to avert the inevitable as best he could, he decided to incorporate those feelings of frustration and disappointment into the game's narrative.
>>
>>382257515
For 100% completion you don't have to develop any of the weapons besides getting blueprints, I have it at like 90% and that took me 2 months because I liked the game that much.
However capturing animals in cages for completion is bullshit
>>
File: ocelot.gif (584KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
ocelot.gif
584KB, 320x180px
>>382263642
thanks, buddy
>>
File: 2009128152450_2.jpg (17KB, 550x413px) Image search: [Google]
2009128152450_2.jpg
17KB, 550x413px
I think the thing I hated most about MGSV is just how much it feels empty. Like there was no heart and soul into the game. The humor is gone. No more cool/unique easter eggs. Snake is a silent protag. Everyone is so god damn dead serious. There's only a few times where you actually feel like you are playing a MGS game(mainly everything that has anything to do with Huey) and then all the other times it feel like some weird series that trying to be MGS but not.
>>
File: 1486909504910.jpg (39KB, 663x579px) Image search: [Google]
1486909504910.jpg
39KB, 663x579px
>>382264616
I don't think I'll ever be hyped for a video game, or anything for that matter, the same way I was for MGSV.
>>
>>382264710
There were probably some alterations, but Venom Snake was a clear part of the game plan all the way back in 2012, and things like Skullface's underwhelming death and Volgin play completely into the idea of revenge's emptiness -- and revenge is also something we knew the game would touch on from very early on.
>>
>>382265141
>Venom Snake was a clear part of the game plan all the way back in 2012
For sure, but I don't think his role as a player stand-in is what he was originally conceived as.
>>
File: time.jpg (28KB, 545x362px) Image search: [Google]
time.jpg
28KB, 545x362px
>>382265085
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LY3ftiLqmE
>>
>>382265443
I think he almost certainly was. I'm not sure what else you think he was supposed to be.
>>
I actually JUST finished this game. I get most of it, but who the fuck was skullface? Where did he come from and why was he trying to get rid of english when it's the language he speaks? What was the point of that?

What was the point of creating the phantom snake? Just so the MGS3 Snake could fuck off and start raising troops for Zanzabarland incognito?

It didn't seem the phantom snake did anything but faff about and didn't really accomplishing anything important at all.
>>
>>382262479
it's over dude
>>
>>382265782
listen to the tapes
>>
>>382265782
I never quite got the point of the whole Vemon - Big Boss switcheroo either considering Big Boss ended up going back to Foxhound anyway.
>>
>>382266031
not over until canavero kills an innocent man
>>
File: Big Manlet.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
Big Manlet.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>382265782
Skull Face wasn't trying to get completely rid of english, he just wanted to weaken it so other languages didn't die.
>>
>>382265782
Skullface was one of Zero's underlings and the leader of XOF, FOX's super-duper-secret counterpart. He wanted to destroy English as a way of ensuring the preservation of distinct countries and cultures and wanted to give everyone nukes (under his own control, of course) for the same reason.
>What was the point of creating the phantom snake?
Venom served as a distraction and figurehead while the real Big Boss could get started on Outer Heaven unperturbed. There's a lot of thematic significance to this too, but that's the gist of it.
>phantom snake did anything but faff about and didn't really accomplish anything important at all
Well, he built up Diamond Dogs which is presumably consolidated into Big Boss's Outer Heaven. To what extent/in what ways he helped Big Boss with Outer Heaven is pretty ambiguous, but it's safe to say he helped with its operation given that he died for Big Boss there.
>>
>>382231459
Failed attempt at trying to make a MG2 type meta commentary.

Love the "if you didn't like it then you're not smart enough" meme
>>
File: 1471976596738.png (161KB, 557x605px) Image search: [Google]
1471976596738.png
161KB, 557x605px
>>382267081
>Love the "if you didn't like it then you're not smart enough" meme
Remind me even more of MGS2 and its fans.
>>
>>382243078
How? Any time he betrayed MSF/DD it was because of his own greed. Huey only survived because killing him would be a continuity error.

>>382241437
>Boo hoo the pilot only spoke one language? he must be retarded!
>it's okay that one of the most important members of the team, someone that will have to stay in contact with people on the ground and at the base at all times and be ready for any situation can only speak one language despite everyone speaking different languages
>>
>>382253664
Liquid Snake, the guy that dies at the end and becomes Ocelot's arm that possesses him in 4.
>>
File: 1413863975616.jpg (28KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
1413863975616.jpg
28KB, 499x500px
why didn't quiet learn french or something that people actually spoke?
>>
>>382265746
>I'm not sure what else you think he was supposed to be.
Big Boss.

There were a lot of rumors before release that one of the themes the game would deal with was mental illness. The whole Paz thing heavily implicates this. There's also a lot of hints that point at Skullface being another split personality of Big Boss.

Of course, none of this came to fruition, and only bits and pieces are left of it in the game.
>>
>>382269443
Because MGSV has a stupid poorly written story.
>>
>>382246774
2 was hated for a decade.
>>
>>382269443
Or ASL, or pantomime, or maybe that new invention a piece of paper and a fucking pencil. Or morse code (which is insanely easy to learn). Or fucking anything at all.
>>
>>382269772
>The whole Paz thing heavily implicates this.
But it also fits with Venom's previous identity as a medic and the specifics of what happened on the helicopter just as well.
>>
File: 1497302300068.jpg (73KB, 499x654px) Image search: [Google]
1497302300068.jpg
73KB, 499x654px
>>382229070
Of course I haven't, Google+ fucking sucks.
Wait, you're talking about...
Oh. Then I haven't played the game. Is it worth trying as a new-comer to the series?
Thread posts: 463
Thread images: 75

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.