[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Obviously they're brimming with technical talent, but how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: Naughty_Dog.svg.png (50KB, 1280x247px) Image search: [Google]
Naughty_Dog.svg.png
50KB, 1280x247px
Obviously they're brimming with technical talent, but how do you feel about their creative output?
>>
>>382224112
Uncharted 4 was my GOTY last year and The Last of Us is one of my favourite games and an absolute thrill ride when played on higher/highest difficulty.
>>
Best in the business, there's a reason why so many studios are trying to copy them
>>
I enjoy watching them on youtube, so I guess it's creative enough.
>>
>>382224112
probably the most revolutionary developers out there
>>
>>382224112
I really liked uncharted 4
>>
>>382224112
only good sony's 1st party western developer
>>
They make boring movies about lesbians
>>
neil druckmann is about 5 miles up his own ass
>>
They market what little creativity they have very effectively
>>
they should have left the last of us as their only realistic series and kept making uncharted with mystical elements
>>
Imagine all the tears of Ape Escape turds.
Might as well make a mug out of them.
>>
>>382224112
Ever since their direction shift with Last of Us, seems like the farthest they will go is post apocalypse with zombies. I want to bet they will never tackle any interesting setting like sci-fi, or anything that has non-human main characters.
>>
Forced myself through TLOU, the movie game meme is real.
>>
>>382224202
>>382224260
>>382224329
>there are no shills o-
>>
Muh deep movie games HEY REMEMBER THE ROAD, GUYS VIDEO GAMES ARE ART NOW
>>
their games are fun but their stories are really fucking gay and try hard. they might as well put [YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO FEEL SAD HERE] on the screen throughout TLOU with how hard they tried for that shit. No idea why /v/ calls their games moviegames though
actually i do, it's because they're playstation games . The stories are lame and uninspired but there's plenty of gameplay and it's not like it's just a VN like until dawn or something.
>>
Some of the very best in the industry.
>>
>>382224112
They're probably the most consistent AAA dev out there. Technically, they're unmatched. Creatively, they clearly put a shit ton of thought into all of their work. The sheer amount of effort when compared to other devs is apparent. Even if you absolutely hate their games, it's impossible to deny their talent
>>
>>382231579
>Sci-fi Naughty Dog game

I might play that instead of watch it on youtube. I've never physically played a naughty dog game so I say more power to em.
>>
>>382224202
agree with uncharted, disagree with last of us
>>
>All these shill posts
what is going on?
>>
>All these people who just watch playthoughs of ND games on youtube calling them moviegames
Irony
>>
>>382232731
>I've never physically played a naughty dog game so I say more power to em.

Crash and Jak & Daxter weren't movies.
>>
>>382232975
Just guerilla marketing firms. The usual before a big announcement or release.
>>
>>382233051
Yeah... still not going to play them.
>>
File: ubiac marketing.jpg (156KB, 555x823px) Image search: [Google]
ubiac marketing.jpg
156KB, 555x823px
>>382233071
No, they're not as brash in their execution.
>>
Good stories but mediocre shoot and duck gameplay
>>
>>382233235
>Good stories
how
>>
>>382233235
You just described the inverse of the uncharted series though
>>
>>382233206
At least they "think" they're not. I disagree.
>>
>tfw you can't come up with a good argument or comeback so you just call them a shill

It's a bad feel lads
>>
>>382233406
What I mean is that they don't come in and say "wow I love x company! y game is really good!" those are either unsubtle falsefalggers trying to get replies or newfags who don't understand how discussion here works. Marketers know what they're doing and they just want you to talk about their game/company. Doesn't have to be good things.
>>
>>382233457
That's a good way to cover for your activities. I use similar excuses to get out of speeding tickets.
>>
>>382233545
fair enough
>>
>>382224112
They offered to make HL3. Considering how badly Valve dropped the ball in the dev department, somebody had to take the reigns with scripted storytelling. They're okay in my book, even though I haven't loved anything they've done since the PS1.
>>
>>382233329
>aiming with a console controller is enjoyable
>>
>>382224112
They are my favorite movie directors
>>
>>382233842
I don't have a problem with it. Too hard for you?
>>
>>382233978
It's not fun
>>
>>382233842
Quit being autistic about single player games that were designed for controllers
>>
>>382233978
its retarded
>>
>>382234038
>>382234141
I find it fun. Gonna guess it's too hard for you.
>>
>>382234042
>start shilling bad games
>>
>>382233842
Joysticks are better for third person games.
>>
>>382234265
Why are you using words you don't understand?
>>
Tomb Raider is better than Uncharted. More game play, less movie, mystical elements.
>>
>>382234417
aaaaaand you've never played uncharted
>>
>>382224112
Fuck Naughty Dog everything after Jak series is a walking simulator boring gameplay with a barely decent story
>>
>>382234529
Oh I've played all four. They get shittier and shittier.
>>
>>382231769
>[YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO FEEL SAD HERE]
You're trying too hard to be dismissive of it. It's a good story, well-told. People still argue about whether the ending is justified on /v/ every time it's brought up. The only thing cliche is the setting.
>>
>>382234924
The story was predictable and cliche. It wasn't well told and it wasn't a good story. /v/ argues about the game period any time it's posted because it's a sony exclusive.
>>
File: 1489266771455.jpg (196KB, 600x587px) Image search: [Google]
1489266771455.jpg
196KB, 600x587px
>>382224112
Should have used their technical talent to make Jak 4 instead.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.