[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>establish intelligent character >have him do something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 5

File: dijkstra.jpg (50KB, 490x646px) Image search: [Google]
dijkstra.jpg
50KB, 490x646px
>establish intelligent character
>have him do something so utterly stupid
>from a game known for """good writing"""
>witcherbabies will defend this
>>
Why are men allowed to be ugly in TW but women have to be supermodels?
>>
>>382212378
>all men are ugly pls dont call me a homo
>>
>>382212323
Not to mention they butchered the White frost to make it seem "Epic" instead of it just being an Ice age.
>>
>>382212323
>very funny
fuck you
>>
>>382212378
Those old crones were sexy as fuck if you have an eldrich fetish.

>>382212323
I don't think anyone defends that, it was forced as fuck. I don't mind making tough decisions and choosing between allies, but that event was stupid and one-sided.

Also, while I like The Witcher, I wouldn't say it's all that well written even though it has its moments. What gives me hope is that the series improved mechanically from one game to another and hopefully that won't stop.
>>
>>382212323

Think the devs themselves admitted the end of his storyline was rushed and that they're not happy with it either.
>>
>>382212323
>the winner of the war with nilfgaard is decided through a sidequest
>you have to recruit the lodge of sorceresses to help against the white frost but you don't see them do anything and you never find out what happens to them
>all of the avallach foreshadowing goes nowhere and is immediately dropped at the end
>you don't see what happens with the white frost because "tee hee it's my story silly :)"
>that quest where you walk around with ciri as she says goodbye to characters you've never met before instead of people she actually has a relationship with like the the skelligers
>none of this is resolved in the dlc

why was the third act so shit?
>>
>>382212323
I hated how much they fucked Dijkstra up by the end when he's really well-written for the rest of the game.

>Ves
>intelligent, but hotheaded in 2
>#YOLO in 3

>Radovid
>smart and calculating in 1
>smart and calculating in 2
>smart and calculating in prologue to 3
>edgy saturday morning cartoon villain in the actual game
>>
>>382213126
>Dudu didn't like imitating Menge because he was starting to act like him and wanting to hurt mages
>Dudu decides to imitate Whoreson Jr. for some reason
>Whoreson Jr. liked to bathe with corpses
>Dudu imitates him even though Cleaver and the King of Beggars still want Whoreson dead
>>
Metal Gear Solid:

>Snake is genetically perfected super soldier with genius level iq
>DARPA chief tells him to do something
>later on finds convincing evidence that it wasn't actually him but the Decoy Octopus
>still continues to do what he told him to do
>Raven literally tells him it really was the Decoy Octopus
>still can't put 2 and 2 together
>does exactly what his enemy told him to do

"Hurr durr NO!!! I DEACTIVATED IT!!!"

>mfw
>>
>>382212323
>thinks he can beat Geralt, Roche, and Ves with a handful of generic mooks
I love Witcher 3 dearly, but some of the shit the game did made me question how hard the devs were dipping into the vodka.
>>
>>382213959
>Big Boss is THE best soldier the world's ever known, top intelligence and skills
>can't figure out that EVA and Tanya are the same person unless it's spelled out right in front of him
>>
File: 1488504130586.jpg (279KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1488504130586.jpg
279KB, 1920x1080px
>>382212576
fuck you, buddy
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
>no-one ever mentions that roche killed henselt
>>
>>382212323

I've literally never seen anyone defend the writing of Sigi's betrayal. Even the hardest of Witcher fanboys I've run into say it was sloppily written.
>>
File: 1494108120232.jpg (18KB, 167x263px) Image search: [Google]
1494108120232.jpg
18KB, 167x263px
From what I gathered they'd ran out of development time and just said "fuck it" with the Djikstra story. Real fucking shame as well.
>>
>>382212681

When was the last time CDPR showed up on here, anyway? They used to be in every other Witcher thread.
>>
>>382212323
>kill radovid
>no one cares
>nothing changes
>soldiers continually chant "long live king radovid!" every time i walk past them
>>
>>382213126
Actually there was a talk between Ciri, Yennefer and Triss on the ship on why she wasn't going to see Crach, she just said she didn't want him to know she was there then disappear again, she would not bear it again.

A shame that talk happens randomly, only saw it twice during my five playthroughs and they needed Geralt to support one of the An Craites to win the throne.
>>
>>382214457
I don't think BB ever sees EVA in her Tanya outfit eye to eye, only when she's with Volgin so there's no point to call her out
>>
>>382213927
>Dandelion publicly condemned to death
>Dandelion escapes and publicly opens a cabaret
>Hierarch:"lol no problem there, dandy. Keep doing what you are doing."
>>
>>382216453
It was lore boner killer for me too.

I know game already detailed as fuck, but this is major chage in games world
>>
>>382212323
You probably would not know about this, but the most tremendously idiotic things are done by highly intelligent people, because having the potential to fuck up big time is a purview of the smart.
>>
File: 1466249453880.png (177KB, 311x278px) Image search: [Google]
1466249453880.png
177KB, 311x278px
>>382212378
Have you played the game?
50% of the female population are old hags or generic farm girls with potato nose. The only attractive women are the witches and some minor quest characters.
Like, baron's wife is a granny and his daughter is a dyke
And you didn't payed attention for attractive males because you surely would notice Roche jawline
>>
>>382212323

>[shoves you forcibly]
>>
>>382212323
The fucker takes control of all the north if you help him and probably will do anyway. The other fuckos want the Niflies to take control so they can play fetch in the fucking castle as a vassal state.
>>
>>382216325
There are people on /v/ who have definitely defended it.

They go with "Well, i'm pretty sure dijkstra was heavily counting on geralt not to care about this dispute and just walk away, and when geralt fights, he panics and tries to kill him too"
>>
>>382217002
The other fuckos dropped everything and hauled ass to help Geralt though.
>>
>>382217136

The game says that flat out, its not really a defence.

I think its always been obvious they ran out of time with the end game quests.
>>
>>382217273
>The game says that flat out, its not really a defence.
No it doesn't. There's no panic about it, he's stupid enough to think Geralt is a pushover compared to his thugs.
>>
>>382214806
play the quest Strangers in the night
>>
>>382213927
>establish silver cups are used by the witch hunters to catch dopplers
>Dudu successfully impersonates their leader out of camera anyway and orders to move Dandelion ahead of schedule
>Dandelion is famously known to be a close friend to the even more famous Geralt of Rivia
>All of this happen despite Geralt being spotted the previous day aiding Triss, the most wanted sorceress in the city.
>Send 3 novice Witch Hunters to deal with them despite being some of the most dangerous people in the world.
>This took place 2 blocks away from the main Witch Hunter HQ and ended with all 3 witch hunters being killed by sword and fire magic.
>Somehow still fail to realize Geralt is rusing them when he brings them Triss, a known affiliate and his ex-lover.
>They burn the entire HQ down.
>Menge's charred corpse is found in his office the next day
>Still fall for Dudu impersonating him and acting out of character
>Dopplers have to carefully study the people they want to impersonate
>Dudu still manage to bypass every Witch Hunter trick and fools everyone without any prior studying of Menge who is now dead.
>>
YOU ARE SUCH TINY MAN
IT IS FUNNY TO ME
>>
>>382218548
I think that's part of making Radovid himself like a saturday morning cartoon villain and his witch hunters some lame lackeys, didn't ruin my 'immersion' as much as Dijkstra making a 180 on his personality, still sucks tho
>>
>>382212323
How about how Vernon "Don't fuck with the" Roche is suddenly fine with his new Nilfgaardian overlords?
Because in Witcher 2 I left Triss in the Nilfgaardian rape dungeon so I could save Foltest's daugther to secure at least some future for Temeria. And then this shit happens and Anaise and Natalis fell into a plothole. gg guise
>>
all evil characters are ugly lmao
>>
>>382212323
He was pretty good until the very end, yeah. Its sort of a shame he suddenly has a burst of stupidity. Still a very good character overall.
>>
>>382213273
Well, thats the point, Radovid is supposed to have gone bonkers since then. So smart and intelligent goes out the window.

But yeah, Ves' personality was gutted, mostly because she's barely involved.
>>
>>382212323
Nobody defends that, though.
>>
>>382212378

Most of the women are ugly, the only supermodels are witches who can control their appearance through magic.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.