[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously, this has to be most overhyped memegame ever. It gets

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 194
Thread images: 19

File: witcher3.jpg (275KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
witcher3.jpg
275KB, 1600x900px
Seriously, this has to be most overhyped memegame ever. It gets praised everywhere, won hundreds of awards and has been called best openworld rpg ever, despite the fact it's not openworld nor rpg.
>cutscenes constantly interrupting gameplay
>even dialog is mostly cutscenes, you rarely have any say in what geralt says to people
>combat is just bad, just spam signs and fast attack and you win everyone
>fov is just plain awful, and for some stupid reason NO FOV SLIDER
>moving is just some weird sliding
>missions are all the same: just use witchersenses and spam e-key or just follow marker on the map, you don't have to think for yourself at any point
>"openworld" is very restricted, can't go here, can't go here until you've done this etc
>you have no say in what's your character like, it's always the same, sarcastic geralt with two swords
>you can't be evil even if you wanted to
>scripted enemies and you're not allowed to touch anyone else seriously what the fuck?
>you can only talk to less than 10% of the worlds populace

I can't even understand why is this always compared to Skyrim and other Bethesda games, when there is almost nothing similar. In Bethesda games you can kill almost anyone, do whatever you like and always create new character when you want. Witcher is more like Ubisofts Far Cry and Assassins Creed series, in both you have predesigned protagonist, can't harm anyone but enemies and have minor rpg elements.

Though it really isn't that bad game, it's solid 7/10, but definately not 10/10 like everyone says it is.
>>
Never played 3, but my experience with 1 was enough to make me stay away for the rest of the series.
>>
>>382196987
you make the same thread every day

we get it you don't like the witcher, now go kill yourself moron
>>
>>382196149
>compared to Skyrim and other Bethesda games

They're Tolkein-esque open world fantasy RPGs and Witcher has an uncanny amount of things that Skyrim does but better. Even its vikings, war setting, and vampire dlc are better despite the fact that two of these are supposed to be bigger deals in Skyrim.

I thought that I hated Skyrim because it was set a generic medieval fantasy world, but then I played Witcher and realized that the setting wasn't the problem but the execution.

Also. Yeah you can technically be more things in Skyrim but there's a reason people say "wide as an ocean, deep as a puddle. None of the roles you fill, from archmage, to imperial soldier, to leader of the Companions have as much depth to them in terms of choices you can make as being a Witcher does. Skyrim would have been better off just sticking to a handful of things and doing them more competently and the same is true of trading town quantity for size and for making NPCs more memorable even if it meant fewer of them. What makes Witcher standout is that there's not much of a trade off; it's both vaster than Skyrim and yet it has a ton of memorable NPCs and questlines. It had a bunch of small villages but it also has an absolute behemoth like Novigrad.
>>
>>382197257
>ton of memorable npcs

Played for 60h and can think of only five. It's just kinda pointless that you cant talk to almost anyone, and when you can talk with anyone, he just gives you one mailmanquest.
>>
>>382197574
>I can think of only five

The Novigrad bosses alone should consist of four. If you forgot those then you have Alzheimers.
>>
>>382196149
No it's pretty fantastic.
>it's everyone else who is wrong lmao
>>
>>382197257
>depth to them in terms of choices you can make as being a Witcher does.

Witcher 3 has about as much choices as Far Cry 4. Few minor there and few bigger here, not really much. Most of the time you're stuck with geralt being geralt.

>>382198489
>being this underage
>>
>>382198679
I haven't played Far Cry 4, so I can't say either way, but I was comparing it to Skyrim. If Far Cry 4 offers as much choice as the Witcher, though, than it also offers more choice than Skyrim.
>>
>>382196149
>despite the fact it's not openworld nor rpg.
if it isn't an rpg, what category do yo put it in?
>>
>>382196149
its better than sjw games and i want to fuck milfs and anita rn. NINTENDO IS THE GREATEST
>inb4 brapppppp and huaghaaaaa
>>
File: 1495225266961.jpg (45KB, 500x479px) Image search: [Google]
1495225266961.jpg
45KB, 500x479px
>>382198679
>Playing an established character is a bad thing
>Wanting to shoehorn character creation in every game so he can shit out his OC
>Most of time the story in the suffers and the dialog is shallow as fuck so it dosen't break "muh immersion"
>Character has dead or minimal facial expression
>>
why do people keep spamming these threads?
>>
>>382199279
Playing an established character isn't bad thing, but then it shouldn't be called rpg. Is first resident evil rpg because you have inventory and can make few choices? No? So isn't Witcher 3.

They could've at least have same system that Mass Effects had, that you have an established character, but you can play and modify him as you like.
>>
>>382199357
>people
Pretty sure it's literally one autist. Although he does put more effort in than most shitposters, at least he changes his OP image.
>>
>>382199451
Like it or not, that's the genre name.

At this point, after all these years on years, if you're still obsessed with taking it literally and holding it to arbitrary and varied standards of self-insertion, you might need to consider medication.
>>
>>382197574
>Rosa
>Roche
>Dijkstra
>The bloody baron
>Johnny
>Cross dressing elf
>Pricilla
>Cerys
>>
>>382199113
action-adventure.
>>
>>382199113
hack n slash
>>
File: 1494251063852s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1494251063852s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>382196149
Every TW3 eternal salt thread perpetrated by desperate assblasted BOTWcucks only serves to affirm my belief that Nintentards are the most hideous, fanatical, toxic, and saltiest fanbase ever exists atm.
>>
>>382199451
Thats like saying final fantasy games aren't rpgs
Theres more to the rpg genre than shitting out an abomination and calling it (you)
Character development is also an aspect in these games
Choosing your equipment
Which skills or stats to invest in
>>
>>382199562
>taking it literally

So you would be just fine if fps started to mean every games that has guns? And platformer is ever game with the ability to jump? I don't even know are you stupid are just baiting.
>>
>>382200285
So Far Cry games are now considered rpg's. Nice way to expand genre. And in Final Fantasy games you have multiple characters who you can customize. In witcher there is always just Geralt being Geralt.
>>
>>382199451
Fuck off back to Codex with your autistic revisionism.
>>
it gets high scores for being highly polished and having an assload of content. The writing and narrative is the best in its genre, it really is a technical achievement what they were able to pull off honestly if you think about it. All those animations and cutscenes in 150 hours of gameplay without it looking wonky like andromeda.
>>
>>382200285
>implying TW3 has skills or stats lol.
>>
>>382196149
>>cutscenes constantly interrupting gameplay
What? You mean when you're doing quests? Well yeah, of course they interrupt gameplay to tell the fucking story.

>>even dialog is mostly cutscenes, you rarely have any say in what geralt says to people
this isn't true at all

>>combat is just bad, just spam signs and fast attack and you win everyone
confirmed for having played on normal difficulty

Never heard anyone else complaining about the FoV but you could have easily modded it if it bothered you that much

>>moving is just some weird sliding
The "alternative movement" mode fixes this entirely

>>missions are all the same: just use witchersenses and spam e-key or just follow marker on the map, you don't have to think for yourself at any point
this is the only valid complaint here

>>"openworld" is very restricted, can't go here, can't go here until you've done this etc
this is LITERALLY wrong

>>you have no say in what's your character like, it's always the same, sarcastic geralt with two swords
This is also wrong, you can make decisions that completely change the course of quests. If you were expecting to play an RPG with an established character and have him not act like his own established character, you're a retard. RPG doesn't mean that you play as a blank slate.

>>you can't be evil even if you wanted to
see above you fucking retard
dumb complaint

>scripted enemies and you're not allowed to touch anyone else seriously what the fuck?
this is the same issue, you clearly expected this to be a Bethesdashit game when it's absolutely not

>>you can only talk to less than 10% of the worlds populace
there is a humongous amount of people you can talk to
>>
I regret buying the goty but feel the guilt to play it since I dropped 2 stacks on it. It just does nothing to me.
>>
File: 1494420457840.jpg (92KB, 807x527px) Image search: [Google]
1494420457840.jpg
92KB, 807x527px
>>382200479
To people who aren't brain-dead casual normalfags, all that shit is irrelevant if the core gameplay is ass, which it is.
>>
>>382200259
Why the fuck would you be assdestroyed over W3 when you played BotW? Witcher is on PC. Keep your sony vs nintendo bs out of here.
>>
>>382197194
this
>The game came out two fucking years ago and it stole the award from his shitty favorite game
>Anon will continue making threads about this every single day for the rest of his life.
>>
>>382196149
i get it you don't like Witcher and like gothic but some of us (most of the word) have different opinion Make love, not war
>>
>>382200624
obviously it isn't gonna appeal to people who aren't in to narrative driven games, same with games like original nier and deadly premonition, it just isn't for you anon
>>
>>382200624
This couldn't be more true. Like someone already said, Witcher would work better as a tv-series, because the best part is story and setting. It's just bad as a game and appeals to people who like last of us and uncharted games; you don't really have to do anything but just walk to next cutscene.
>>
It felt like an Assassin's Creed game with RPG elements.
>>
>>382200486
>What is the alchemy, combat, signs trees
>>382200329
Holy shit its like taking some elements from other generes is new or something
>>
>>382200947
Why are narrative driven games held to the same standard as games that are actually good?
The scoring system is exactly the same.
Game reviews are broken. TW3 (and many other "games") should have a page on IMDB.
>>
>>382200512
>>>cutscenes constantly interrupting gameplay
>What? You mean when you're doing quests? Well yeah, of course they interrupt gameplay to tell the fucking story.
Story could be told better, like with text dialog.
>>>even dialog is mostly cutscenes, you rarely have any say in what geralt says to people
>this isn't true at all
Yes it is. You usually have 1-4 dialog options, but with NO variety at all how you deal with things. When you have variety, it's just take the wuest or not.
>>>combat is just bad, just spam signs and fast attack and you win everyone
>confirmed for having played on normal difficulty
I play on blood and broken bones. The combat is just broken.
>Never heard anyone else complaining about the FoV but you could have easily modded it if it bothered you that much
When this became a good argument? Bethesda gets bashed for having mos fixing things, but Witcher is good when it does the same.
>The "alternative movement" mode fixes this entirely
Not entirely, barely.
>>>"openworld" is very restricted, can't go here, can't go here until you've done this etc
>this is LITERALLY wrong
Not it isn't, you can't explore the world right away.
>This is also wrong, you can make decisions that completely change the course of quests. If you were expecting to play an RPG with an established character and have him not act like his own established character, you're a retard. RPG doesn't mean that you play as a blank slate.
The decisions doesn't affect shit. Even Skyrims ridicolous civil war affects more
>>>you can't be evil even if you wanted to
>dumb complaint
Waa waa, he want's to play differently than i am playing, it's dumb.
>this is the same issue, you clearly expected this to be a Bethesdashit game when it's absolutely not
THEN WHY THE FUCK IS THIS ALWAYS COMPARED TO BETHESDAGAMES
>>>you can only talk to less than 10% of the worlds populace
>there is a humongous amount of people you can talk to
Still less than 10% of populace.
>>
>>382201176
>games that are actually good
such as?
>>
>>382201641
Faggot simulator 4: anon likes dick
>>
Game is a solid 9/10 just accept that its better than your botw
>>
File: e05(2).jpg (39KB, 498x441px) Image search: [Google]
e05(2).jpg
39KB, 498x441px
>>382196149
I always avoid popular games, if a game sells that much it is likely shit.

/v/ loves this game though despite nobody playing Witcher 1 or 2.
>>
>>382202124
(you)
i know youre desperate
>>
Witcher 3 was a solid 7/10. I don't understand why so many people hate it.
>>
>>382200285
Final Fantasy is not RPG. It is JRPG.
>>
>>382202904
JRPG is a sub-category or CRPG, therefore any JRPG is also a CRPG.
>>
>>382202938
>JRPG is a sub-category or CRPG

Yeah, that's why the game that literally invented the genre started on a console. Fucking retard revisionist faggot
>>
>>382199451
>They could've at least have same system that Mass Effects had, that you have an established character, but you can play and modify him as you like.
But you can do exactly that except for appearance, you nitwit.
Do you even think about what you write?

Anyway, none of your criteria for what makes an RPG are correct.
>>
They should've just stick to their original plan and put a blank character in that world instead of Geralt.
>>
>>382196149
Years later will you still be making threads complaining about the same games? We've already been over this shit a thousand times when it came out. Fuck off.
>>
>>382202873
I think the reason people react so strongly in a negative way is because the journalist hype around the game was enormous.
It's really just an okay game. Okay characters, awful dialogue, okay story, bad gameplay, okay graphics, okay music, good setting.
>>
File: 1498419049869.jpg (163KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1498419049869.jpg
163KB, 730x1095px
So what spawned all the shitposting about this game? I mean it's not even about whether you think the game is good or not, even if you don't think it's good there's no way it's bad enough to warrant daily threads like this over two years after release. Hell, MGSV came out after it and it gets talked about less and that game was actually shit, plus it way more hype. "MGSV was shit" threads died like last year and these threads still happen. So what caused it, all the awards?
>>
>>382202124
>if a game sells that much it is likely shit

That has to be the most idiotic thing I've read on /v/ tonight so far.
>>
>>382203387
That would'be been terrible. I've read all the books and the parts of The Witcher universe that aren't about Geralt are bland as fuck. At that point you might as well not even use the liscence.
>>
>>382203210
>what is Ultima
>what is Wizardry
Dragon Quest wasn't that innovative. Learn your history. Your weeb is shining through.

>In the 1970s, role-playing games themselves received little attention in Japan as games only had English titles. Several gaming magazines and computer game magazines started introducing role-playing games in early 1980s.

It's obvious the west invented CRPG. Japan just followed.
>>
>>382203535
>Ultima is a fucking JRPG

You have to be trolling, it is literally impossible to be this fucking stupid.
>>
>>382203505
Populair stuff gets a lot of hate. This applies to anything. Why? Because humans.
>>
>>382203505
Its popular so why wouldn't /v/ hate it
>>
>>382203608
It looks like you have problems in understanding simple arguments. So I will spell it out for you: Japanese (computer) role playing game genre is a sub-genre of computer role playing game genre.
>>
>>382203505
>all the awards
>butthurt biodrones
>people falseflagging as butthurt biodrones
>people falseflagging as people falseflagging as biodrones

Then of course you have the shitposters who just want to stir up arguments because their lives are empty.
>>
I don't particularly understand why people claim Witcher 3 is bad simply because it doesn't strictly follow genre conventions. No, it's not a full-fledged RPG. The game has RPG elements, but it's essentially an action-adventure game. The emphasis is on world, character progression, and story. That's what the game tried to be, and it succeeds brilliantly.
>>
>>382203664
>>382203708
>>382203846
Contarianism and hipster faggotry doesn't explain people spamming anti-Witcher threads like this. Some games have dedicated fanbases but this game has a massively dedicated hatebase, there are faggots who spam the same webms over and over again, you check the archive and there's like hundreds of posts from the same person. What the fuck? Wasn't there some fag from Reddit who would spam shit every day at the same time?
>>
>>382204040
I'm pretty sure it just a few vocal retards.
>>
>>382202873
That was op's point too. It's 7/10, but he's pointing out obvious flaws why it isn't 10/10.
>>
>>382204040
Because it's literally guaranteed replies. (You)s are currency to these people, and when there's nothing else going on in the industry you can always count on TW3 to stir up the (You)s.
>>
>>382203313
No you can't. Geralt can only be good or greedy, you can't play evil geralt and most of the time you can't even choose what he says.
>>
>>382204127
>>382204161
Sad!
>>
>>382204040
>Contarianism and hipster faggotry doesn't explain people spamming anti-Witcher threads like this
It does you retard. People like to hate on populair shit, why is this so hard to understand for you? It also just easy replies. Lots of people like the game so if you piss on it lots of people will be mad. If your next question is going to be why do people want to make people mad you should probably just kys tbqhf
>>
>>382203505
There is really simple answer to this one. This game was so hyped, that even GTA games aren't hyped that much. Then you see tens of reviews how it is 10/10 and thousands of user comments how it is best game ever you get your hopes up. Then also you read it's openworld rpg and better than skyrim, so you think you're going to play better version of Skyrim.

And then you start the game
>I can't set my stats?
>why is this moving so awkward
>what the hell is going on with this combat
>what where my stats again
>I can't do that? I can't kill that? I can't talk to peasants? I can't go there?

Then you realize that it's just another assassins creed-like action-adventure game and has only some rpg elements and that it has some flaws, so you're obviouslu going to be devastated. It's like schools tell you that marijuana kills you, and then find out that it doesn't do that so you feel betrayed.

If i would've read that it resemblances Assassins creed and is good but not the best thing around, it never would've caused such a backlash.
>>
>>382199451
Planescape
>>
>>382204861
damn you are desperate for (you)
>>
(You)

Here, spend it wiseley, beggar.
>>
>>382205323
Tell me exactly what was wrong in it, or are you just baiting?
>>
>>382199724
Why am i not surprised the shitter OP doesnt responds to this?
Oh yeah, it's another template post shitter.
>>
>>382204127
Waawaa everyone has to like this game!
>>
Witcher 3 is an RPG because you play the role of Geralt
>>
new w3 player here, started the game like four days ago.

people saying it's not an rpg, that's the only meme right here. of course it is. the fact that the map is split into regions also doesn't mean it's not open world. of course it is.

the biggest problem i have with this game is the fucking superficial hype around it because of its supposed similiarity to the shitfest that is game of thrones. god am i sick of hearing/reading that. i think it's a great, polished game that deserves the praise it gets.

polished except for character/facial animations. am i the only one who thinks those seem kinda weird and cheap? seems odd for such a huge aaa game.
>>
>>382206180
Thus super mario bros is rpg, because you play the role of mario.
Thus pacman is rpg, because you play the role of pacman.
Thus every game ever is rpg, because you play the role of some character.
>>
>>382206732
>the fact that the map is split into regions also doesn't mean it's not open world. of course it is.

So every game ever is openworld even though it would be split to levels? Pacman is openworld, because in any level, you can go any place that is accessible to you.
>>
File: 292936.jpg (40KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
292936.jpg
40KB, 225x350px
>>382199357
cause it's only one person making it every chance he gets
>>
Almost as overrated as last of us, but atleast it has decent gameplay.
>>
>>382206849

to call the big ass maps/landscapes in witcher 3 (or dragon age inquisition where it's the same deal) 'levels' is just dumb. for reasons i hopefully don't have to explain.

now for comparison if you wanna go on and call the maps in the new hitman or sniper elite 4 levels, i guess i'd be ok with that. but that's just an idea, i'd have to play these two games to give a solid opinion.
>>
>>382206849
Wew it's almost like a strict definition is retarded in this case
Even the most openworldly game you can find will have sublevels instanced off somewhere
>>
>>382206849
Kid you´re being stupidly retarded.
>>
Everyday these fucking Nintendies make these threads. It's pathetic.
>>
>>382196149
Yup. The worst thing about it is how people won't shut the fuck up about how great this fucking boring gaem is. I used to think the same thing about Bloodborne until I finally played it. Too bad Witcher 3 didn't have that effect on me. The combat is so fucking clunky and I don't give a shit about the story in some stupid ass game that takes itself too seriously. At least with Skyrimjob, you pretty much create your own story since the default story is so easy to ignore. Not so with Witcher 3 which puts it front and center. One good thing the Wticher series has, tits & ass I guess. Although it's medicore tits & ass.
>>
>>382209159
Yeah better make more threads about how shit the game is. That will make the fanboys shut up.
>>
>>382197194
>>382198489
>>382199357
>>382199557
>>382200259
>>382200775
>>382203465
>>382203708
>>382203846
>>382204127
>>382204161
>>382204778
>>382205323
>>382205531
>>382209142
dismissive faggots like these are why these threads keep being made.
It's always the same with these type of games, hype cultists go around deflecting all criticism with strawman and name calling.
>>
>>382209283
Get over it, Nin-toddler. You aren't going to be able to play the game of the generation on your little Fisher Price toys.
>>
How do I get into this game? I've been intoxicated with Soulsborne gameplay for 1 year straight. I just can't stand this combat system.
>>
>>382209514
It's the same fucking shit, moron. Dodge and slash, with some magic on the side.
>>
>>382196149
Nigger
>>
>>382209505
>if we downvote them enough they will shut up!
what an absolute faggot
>>
>>382196149
sounds like your computer is shit, mate.
>>
>>382209770
Fuck you redditard!
>>
Normal person:
>play game
>don't like it
>"Huh, guess this game just isn't for me."
>move on with life

/v/:
>play game
>don't like it
>"I will make it my life's mission to shit on this game and deter as many people as I possibly can from playing it."
>sits on a korean rice board getting mad at faceless nobodies

Pathetic.
>>
>>382209514
Believe me, it doesn't get better than that. Combat just plain sucks.
>>
Thinking of getting it off the sale, is it a bad idea if I have never played any Witcher games before?
>>
>never liked/played any third person action rpgs before
>try it out because it's hyped everywhere
>don't like it because you don't like the genre in the first place

WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
>>
File: hmm.png (97KB, 477x640px) Image search: [Google]
hmm.png
97KB, 477x640px
>>382209940
and yet, here you are
>>
>>382210004
The Complete Edition is a steal at 25 bucks. It has the main game, which is a shit ton of content, as well as the two expansions and all the little dlc. It's amazing.
>>
>>382196149

If you want to compare it to Bethesda games that much, 10% of the populace in Witcher 3 is more than the whole populace of Skyrim.
>>
File: come_on.jpg (16KB, 210x240px) Image search: [Google]
come_on.jpg
16KB, 210x240px
>>382210106

At least I'm not OP and don't get hung up over not enjoying something. I simply move on with my life and refund the product.

Nice job trying to turn it around on me.
>>
>>382196149
>ITS NOT LIKE FALLOUT OR SKYRIM!
Fucking summer
>>
>>382209940
Stay mad, dipshit
>>
>>382210430
I'd probably understand that complaint more if TW1/TW2 were more like Bethesda products, but they weren't. And no one advertised them as such.
>>
>>382210297
you are the one getting assblasted by OP's opinion. if you disagree with him feel free to provide a rebuttal and get a nice discussion going.
If you truly don't care then why are you even here? why don't you also call out the people who always show up to deflect criticism in these threads and just single out the OP instead?
>>
>>382200624
>casual normalfags

Like Souls (which is now THE baby's first RPG replacing Final Fantasy) and BotWfags? The further you get towards narrative heavy games the closer you get to text adventures and adventure games like Grim Fandango and Monkey Island. Not that either of you ilk have heard of either genre.
>>
>>382209940
>play game
>don't like it

More like
>game get hyped
>turns out game doesn't cater to /v/'s crazy expectations (insert examples from otherwise shitty games doing one thing better than the game)
>game is easy enough for casuals to enjoy
>now start playing filled with hate to the brim
>only notice things you hate
>finish it or not nobody will know anyway
>now make it life mission to shit on it for years
>>
Reminded me a lot of Sunset Overdrive. Good game filled with retarded pop culture references, TV show references, and memes. Why the fuck did they do that?
>>
>>382210004
Yes.

Witcher 1 is the best game.

Witcher 2 is a waste but has a good scenario

Witcher 3 is still shit but better than Witcher 2 at least.
>>
File: 1440339977949.png (9KB, 459x377px) Image search: [Google]
1440339977949.png
9KB, 459x377px
>>382210493
>>382210523

You're the ones who sound mad, anons.

Why are you so mad? Wanna talk about it?
>>
File: 4_sigrun_2_1000.jpg (116KB, 986x1080px) Image search: [Google]
4_sigrun_2_1000.jpg
116KB, 986x1080px
愚かな、頼んだ願いを真面目に叶える気持ちは彼等には20%ぐらいしか無いのに
>>
>>382210536
You're a faggot
>>
>>382196149
why are witcherfags the only fanbase to get defensive when /v/ shits on their game
>>
>>382210704
are you stupid or just retarded?

this thread is made like every 5 minutes, of course it gets annoying.
>>
>>382210697
I'm right.
>>
>>382196149
>MMO level scaling
>impossible not to get overpowered around level 20 unless you fully ignore perks, mutagens, gear, signs and runes
>piss easy even on Death March due to how predictable and limited enemy movesets are
>lvl 6 drowners and nekkers hit harder than lvl 25 cyclopses and in groups pose more threat than any large monster 10 levels higher than you
>quests rely on rule of three so much you might thing the game was made by Ubisoft
>helped Scoia'tael in TW2? Too bad, no Iorveth or Saskia for you, now Roche is your best friend
>let major character die? Whatever, even if they live they're out of the picture for the rest of the game anyway
>Eredin has less dialogue than that big bad dragon from Skyrim, you get fuck all motivation to pursue Wild Hunt other than "gotta protect muh daughter" if you haven't read source material
>Radovid turned into edgy saturday morning cartoon villain because the game needed an excuse for Dijkstra's plotline, I guess?
>crafting completely useless outside witcher gear
>want to jump or climb to progress when there's some harpy flying about and won't get close to you? Too bad!
>enemy reskins are just that, reskins. it doesn't matter how drowner, water hag or siren is called, they have the exact same abilities
>3 games in, quest fights still start in the middle of combat with fade-out-of-black screen that prevents certain inputs
>3 games in, sound mixing is still horrible, some scenes are as comical as Deadly Premonition
>30FPS prerendered (rendered on consoles settings, no less) cutscenes for most basic scenes
>why is underwater """combat""" even a thing?
>Skellige breaks story pacing, recommended for lvl16 for some reason
>Places of dohvakiin power
>post Kaer Morhen defense content is rushed as fuck
>ending epilogue only touches Temeria as a whole, Ciri, Geralt and his love interest, nothing more

The game was rushed and is plain unfinished.

Started HoS yesterday and so far it's been more fun than most of Vanilla game.
>>
>>382209770

>If we make the same thread enough times maybe they'll shut up!

You're the same.
>>
>>382210779
because people like you get triggered and post in them
>>
low-quality bait

tw3 is one of the best games ever made, not even arguable at this point...you can dislike it, but to say that the game is shit or 7/10 is baiting for responses or being highly delusional

this is coming from someone who only played the 2nd and 3rd game, not even touched the books..the game is simply a masterpiece and a new standard for open world rpgs, even the fucking dlc blood and wine picked up more rewards than some shitty games an average /v/ shitposter praises
>>
>>382196149
Can't we go a single fucking day without simeone making a thread about this game and calling it a "meme" game? Jesus fucking christ.
>>
>>382196149
Vitun vammanen pysy siellä yliksellä.
>>
>>382210498
>no one advertised them as such

Then what were those endless threads how cdpr make everything better than bethesda?
>>
>>382210602
I'm only mad at fags derailing threads when their game gets criticized, if you don't want to see it then just don't enter the thread, or just go reddit where you can remove opinions you don't like without providing an argument.

>>382210894
except the OP provided points of discussion while all you do is avoid it and dismiss valid opinions.
>>
File: 1422282043014.jpg (108KB, 628x478px) Image search: [Google]
1422282043014.jpg
108KB, 628x478px
>>382209283
>dismissive faggots like these are why these threads keep being made.
Complaining about your redundant threads that you keep making is the reason these threads are being made? Fuck you. There were literally thousands of threads hashing out the problems with this game the year it came out. We don't need you to spam the board with shit we've already been over in the year 2017. Either you are a fucking faggot shitposter redditor doing it for the ebin win xddd or you are a fucking retard newfag. Fuck off.
>>
>>382206180
Witcher is an RPG because you have stats, levels, combat, inventory management, and you go from town to town interacting with people. It's not that hard. Everyone but OP can recognize an RPG like Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, Xenogears, Earthbound, or Lufia on site. The only point of confusion, that's messed people up for decades, should be something like Zelda (because it also has stats, via magic and health, and character interaction), but OPs image of an RPG is probably Dark Souls, an extremely atypical RPG if you can call it that, since its more or less the only franchise he's ever played.
>>
>>382211273
How is that advertising from the company about the game being similar to it you fucking mongoloid?
>>
>>382211364
For some reason some Stupid Idiots think that a game is only a RPG if you can create your own character from scratch.
>>
>>382210862
At least this guy gets it. Is it a bad game? No, it's quite good. Is it perfect and gift from god himself? No, it has it's flaws. Bt anytime you mention any flaws you make 30 neckbeards angry and they yell you how you just don't understand.
>>
>>382197257
Both of them were profoundly mediocre, and that's really the end of the conversation as far as I'm concerned. Neither game was captivating, the stories in both games were bland and genuinely uninteresting. Witcher 3 had slightly better combat, and by slightly I mean by the slimmest margin possible while it somehow worsened the dumbed down RPG aspects of Skyrim. And of course the graphics in Skyrim are worse in comparison, but both of them had wonderful empty, boring cities with vague lifeless AI sent to wander aimlessly about, and vast wastelands of vacancies just begging for the Walking Sim Explorer genre proliferation squad to heed their beck and call. Neither of them had compelling characters either. Neither of them was truly spectacular. The sole weight that Skyrim bears over W3 is mod support which is capable of totally reforming everything other than the horrific combat.
>>
>>382211620
>novigrad
>empty, boring city
>no compelling characters

Did we play the same game?
>>
time to play again
>>
>>382211332
>you can't discuss games released more than a year ago
>discussion is over but lets continue deflecting
strange how only witcherfags get this defensive.
>>
This game constantly tries to over-sexualize everything between Geralt and every other good looking Woman. It's fucking cheesy and annoying. Glad I didn't pull the trigger on the steam sale
>>
>>382211529
It's a great game, but it's extremely overrated. And my main issue is why /v/ likes it so much when it steps on the exact same rakes as Skyrim, Bioware and Ubisoft games.
Lately I've been watching reviews of your usual suspects and the common theme is basically "TW3 looks like a game that couldn't exist", etc. and then they continue to draw parallels with last 10/10 GOAT - Skyrim. Because if you compare TW3 only to Bethesda's creations, then sure, it blows them out of the water. But teh thing is, being better than broken shallow mess is not that much of an achievement on its own.
TW3 flaws at times genuinely make me angry too, because you can see some really good ideas there that were ruined by "lets do it like in Skyrim" execution.
>>
>>382211917
they're about as defensive as whoever makes these threads is assblasted
Daily hate threads is pretty pathetic
>>
>>382211364
I feel like there is a lacking parity in such comparisons. Zelda while it does have "stats" it does not have trees nor stats in a more involved sense. Most abilities are attained via different weapons, none of which are bound to a character.

W3 also has this very same set of mechanics. Inventory management is more involved than older iterations (everything sans BotW.) And There are bound abilities but there are no involved character stats as far as I can recall, and it certainly doesn't beg the same levels of inventory management as something like Diablo or PoE, nor even TeS. It really falls more towards the adventure genre given the way it's driven not necessarily by raw character progression but almost exclusively by the story. Not that that's a detractor but it fails to bear the fruit of the more traditional aspects of RPGs of the past, and in doing so falls outside the boundaries of their definitions.
>>
>>382211783
I guess I'm not easily excited?
>>
>>382211917
NO YOU FUCKING FAGGOT YOU CAN'T KEEP SPAMMING THE BOARD WITH SHITPOSTING. You are literally the ONLY one still grinding his axe with this game. Everyone else has already discussed the game being shit TWO YEARS ago. You retreading that discussion SERVES NO ONE but your own tiny ego. We shouldn't have to endure this trash posting just because YOU missed the boat on the actual discussion years ago. Fucking neck yourself.
>>
This is a good game OP. Please do not shitpost.
>>
File: 1459238317555.jpg (370KB, 873x700px) Image search: [Google]
1459238317555.jpg
370KB, 873x700px
ITT: bait and underaged ass ravaged faggots who "don't play games to read"

and a couple of Witcher 3 fans
>>
>>382212113
ur just defensive bro lmao got em
>>
>>382212109
What are some cities/towns in vidya that you liked then, for comparison?
>>
>>382212021
did you even read the OP?
he backed his opinion and made reasonable points.
>Though it really isn't that bad game, it's solid 7/10, but definately not 10/10 like everyone says it is.
how is he assblasted?
>>
>>382212109
Try never excited? If Novigrad is "lifeless and boring" to you then almost every other RPG city is total dog shit.
>>
>>382196149
>cutscenes constantly interrupting gameplay
Bullshit
>even dialog is mostly cutscenes, you rarely have any say in what geralt says to people
Thats bullshit too
>combat is just bad, just spam signs and fast attack and you win everyone
Thats right if you play on lowest difficulty because enemies can actually block attacks if you play on Nightmare for example
Thats a new complain i guess didnt bother and so did 99% of the players
>moving is just some weird sliding
Bullshit
>missions are all the same: just use witchersenses and spam e-key or just follow marker on the map, you don't have to think for yourself at any point
exaggerating like every shitposter before you
>"openworld" is very restricted, can't go here, can't go here until you've done this etc
Open world means now borderless world like Minecraft got it senpai
>you have no say in what's your character like, it's always the same, sarcastic geralt with two swords
One of the reasons why the story of this game is so much better than any TES game ever
>you can't be evil even if you wanted to
As an underage i will explain one simple thinbg to you about the Witcher 3: Morality isnt always black and white
?
And still better than every other RPG

Why did i answer to this bait?
Rewported this shitthread and nothing happened
>>
>>382212113
there's no rule stating you can't discuss older games, and judging by the amount of replies these threads get, especially from defensive witcherfags, it's pretty clear people still want to discuss it.
why act like a faggot over it? if you don't care just ignore it and move on, plenty of other threads (or forums) for you to read.
>>
>>382212262
yeah i read it and he made some pretty weak points.. whats the point of doing the same thread over and over ad nauseam?
>>
File: laughing magneto.gif (2MB, 197x245px) Image search: [Google]
laughing magneto.gif
2MB, 197x245px
>>382204040
I just like to shit on it because people keep saying how it is greatest rpg ever made while in truth it isn't rpg at all, but typical ass creed game with no roleplaying options whatsoever. The Witcher have massive normie fanbase which played only few new, more popular "rpg" like Skyrim, Dragon Age and Mass Effect. I've been shiting on this series even before the Witcher 3 was announced as I'm from Poland and those games were popular here since forever. Poles can be easily triggered mainly because they are "proud of it" and shitting on it take as an attack on them and their country.
Though i usually don't waste my time with shitting on it on 4chan, place full of contrarians anyway. I just lurk those thread to gater some new stuff I will use for triggering people on normie sites. Once i made thread on some forum that lasted for 200 replies and maybe more after i was banned.
I also like to trigger my normie friends and each time they start this game on steam i spam chat saying how horrible it is and they shouldn't play it and how true rpgs like DA:O is superior in every way. Though this one is only our banter.

It's the only shitposting I allow myself to do, since i genuinely fucking hate and despise this series and what it is doing to crpg genere. Even bethesda and bioware games are less devastating. They are shit rpg games but at least rpg games. The Witcher will twist and corrupt this genere into being ass creed clones like normie mobas destroyed rts.
>>
>>382203505
Nobody nowadays is arguing that MGSV is the best game ever, changed their lives, made other games feel lacking etc.
These are all things people constantly say about TW3. At that point it's no surprise that people get so sick of the constant positivity surrounding the game that they start wanting to post about its flaws. I know I've been tempted to do so.
>>
>>382212059
>inventory management

Any game with crafting and weapon upgrades (W3) has even more inventory management than every game on that list you responded to.

>Adventure
Like Monkey Island? No.
>>
>>382212559
No there's a rule against spamming the board with nonstop threads about one game. This wouldn't be a problem if he wasn't making these threads constantly. And I do usually try to ignore them.
>>
I was reluctant to get this game after hating TW2's combat, but I bit the bullet this sale and am so glad I did, it's a fucking dream of a game.

Never played in a world that's felt more alive.

Only thing that gets on my nerves is that one guy who says "And so the shit runs into the sewers, so does the worst scum into Novigrad" everytime you walk past him.
>>
>>382212737
GOT THEIR ARSES WHIPPED LIKE A NOVIGRAD WHORE
>>
File: 1432147463637.jpg (47KB, 342x539px) Image search: [Google]
1432147463637.jpg
47KB, 342x539px
>>382212615
>I don't like that its classified as an RPG

ok

Any other insight into the problems and suggested improvements? No? Ok back to your desk to giggle with yourschoolmates about your epic bantz haha
>>
>>382201441
>Story could be told better, like with text dialog.
read a fucking book lmao

>Yes it is. You usually have 1-4 dialog options, but with NO variety at all how you deal with things. When you have variety, it's just take the wuest or not.
This is wrong. You always have several ways of tackling a situation through dialogue that would change how it plays out.

>I play on blood and broken bones. The combat is just broken.
Alright, what's broken about it?I had lots of fun with it.

>When this became a good argument? Bethesda gets bashed for having mos fixing things, but Witcher is good when it does the same.
Pointing out that your complaint is a fringe complaint that nobody else complains about.

>Not entirely, barely.
Did you even try it? It removes ALL the wind-up from Geralt's animations. He's accurate and snappy with it.

>Not it isn't, you can't explore the world right away.
After the tutorial section of White Orchard you are literally free to explore the entire world. You'll need money to get to Skellige, but that's it.

>The decisions doesn't affect shit. Even Skyrims ridicolous civil war affects more
Decisions can DRASTICALLY affect the quests taht they happen in. If what you're complaining about is that they don't change EVERYTHING in the game, then yeah, what can I say. It's a big game. Do two playthroughs with different choices and you'll see how differently quests can turn out.

>Waa waa, he want's to play differently than i am playing, it's dumb.
No, you mouth-breathing retard, Witcher was never a "make your own character" RPG, it has an established character who is NOT evil. This isn't a fucking Bethesda game.

>THEN WHY THE FUCK IS THIS ALWAYS COMPARED TO BETHESDAGAMES
Simply because Skyrim is the only other noteworthy medieval-type RPG of this decade. There are no real similarities.

>Still less than 10% of populace.
So fucking what? You'd prefer cities with 10 people just to be able to initiate a dialogue screen with everybody?
>>
>>382212812
Yeah
>Tabula rasa protagonist
>No voiced protagonist as this means game is automatically irredeemable garbage.
>Change setting for less shitty than generic tolkien medieval fantasy without slavic feel whatsoever.
>>
>>382212737
the snorting and hocking of loogies is pretty fuckin repulsive lol
>>
>>382212951
>Change setting for less shitty than generic tolkien medieval fantasy without slavic feel whatsoever.

When will you retards realize that the game is based on BOOKS and they tried to be accurate with the existing lore?
>>
>>382212596
>he made some pretty weak points
says you, now back your claim and prove why you think they are weak because they don't look weak at all to me.
>whats the point of doing the same thread over and over ad nauseam?
nobody's forcing you to enter these threads. other people clearly care about it and keep joining, yourself included by the looks of it.

>>382212731
maybe you are the exception but there's clearly a lot of people that care about it enough to keep these threads alive.
Also thread spamming is a very different thing, meant to prevent cluttering the board, which these threads never do.
>>
>>382212615
Where were you when Final Fantasy was synonymous with RPG? Not born. Witcher appeals to the same demographic that these games have always appealed to.
>>
>>382213096
So what, the books are shit and have shit lore too, how does this change anything?
>>
>>382213465
>let me play a game in a setting that I don't like just so I can shit on it

good work, retard
>>
>>382196149
True to be honest.
A solid 7/10 but holy shit the 10/10 praises it gets are just plain wrong.

t.wasted over 400 hours in it.
>>
>>382196149
cry more xd. w3 has the best user score on all three platforms. we love the witcher3 despite it has some issues. nothing is perfect. rememba
>>
>>382198489
>>382197194
>>382197257
>>382199357
Don't bother responding. OP's post is literally a pasta in the Finnish 4Chan.
>>
>>382196149
had the same feeling with OP, at least the first game is better than this piece of turd. Oh and never forget the downgrades. I can see the slav jews incoming to attack whoever hate a slav made game
>>
File: 1482635327302.jpg (135KB, 466x700px) Image search: [Google]
1482635327302.jpg
135KB, 466x700px
>>382213193
>a lot of people that care about it enough to keep these threads alive
>people responding to bait is quality discussion
>retards giving me (you)s is why my threads stay alive
>>
>>382214143
How is the OP providing a list of valid points of discussion bait?
Why is it his fault that witcher cultists get triggered at the meresight of their game being criticized and start shitting the thread with non answers?

It is beyond clear that witcherfags care about this topic and hold dearly to the previously held consensus that the witcher 3 was some kind of revelation in gaming, and now that the notion is being challenged they jump at anyone who dares to go against that narrative, like the rabid groupthink fanboys they are.
>>
Oh it's TheBull94 from Reddit again. Yawn.
>>
Why do people always make a big deal over FoV

Do you really need to see 180 fucking degrees in front of you?
>>
File: 1495488605987.png (48KB, 378x378px) Image search: [Google]
1495488605987.png
48KB, 378x378px
>>382215324
>hold dearly to the previously held consensus that the witcher 3 was some kind of revelation in gaming
t. redditor summerfag
The consensus on /v/ from the month of it's release was that it was shit with bland combat and downgrade graphics from it's release. You drudge up your laundry list day after day and trigger the other dumb newfag redditors who ate that shit up while the rest of us groan at your goddamned spam and low effort shitposting. Just because your points are valid does not your shitposting isn't bait. Your act of being an uptight argumentative melvin only enhances your efforts. Everyone is tired of your shit m8. Half the posts are telling you to stop and yet they are all met with your tinfoil namecalling. Everyone who detracts from your shitposting is called a witcherfag and painted as a cdpr cultist and this actually brings out the retard witcherfags and incites them to calling you a nintenbro or whatever, perpetuating the shitposting.

tl;dr suck my dick
>>
>>382215324
see >>382213943
>>
>>382197783
The game itself forgot the King of Beggars even exists
>>
You guys are always fun.
>>
this thread is shit

fucking summer /v/
>>
>>382206849
Is GTA not open world because you choose the cities from a menu?
>>
>Witcher 2
>fucking amazing story

>Witcher 3
>MUH CIRI
>MUH CIRI
>MUH CIRI
>>
>>382215964
why do you keep assuming I'm the one starting these threads? I've never started a single thread in here, witcher related or not.
>The consensus on /v/ from the month of it's release was that it was shit with bland combat and downgrade graphics from it's release
lmao
>Just because your points are valid does not your shitposting isn't bait. Your act of being an uptight argumentative melvin only enhances your efforts.
how fucking stupid can you get
>s-stop making valid points
>you are only shitposting!
>stop acting like an argumentative melving by calling out our hypocrisy! we are not fanboys!
and yes, I call them witcherfag cultists because that's precisely what they are, always derailing threads with non arguments whenever the game is criticized.

>>382215975
>it doesn't count if its copy pasted!
>>
>witcher 3 still has multiple threads daily

generation-defining game
>>
>>382216639
Fucking amazing story?
Kek

1>2 in terms of story and atmosphere.
>>
>>382216857
You gonna cry about it?
>>
>>382217169
No, I'm just gonna call you out for being a massive faggot, faggot.
>>
>>382217239
That's not very nice
>>
>>382196149
these threads are getting pretty desperate now

there's like 5 of them on the board right now
>>
>>382217471
This. Considering how much /v/ sucks BOTW's cock despite it being above average at best, I feel this game may actually be pretty good. Don't know yet, will buy on July second
>>
>>382196149
800 Awards
>>
The Witcher 3 was a perfectly accurate representation of the later Witcher novels, wherein Geralt was on a quest looking for Ciri until the old drunken pole got so angry with writing these stories that he just brutally murdered Geralt's whole group of in the span of about 20 pages.
>>
>>382196149
>it isnt like my other wrpgs!
>it suuuucks
I cant wait for 5 to 10 years from now there will be nostalgia threads for it because it still hasnt bern surpassed.
>>
>>382217858
Prepare to be disappoint
>>
>>382197185
but 3 and 1 are not even similar

I didn't like w1 but w3 is one of my favs
>>
>>382200512
>confirmed for having played on normal difficulty
Difficulty settings are cancer.
If the difficulty affects enemy AI and movesets, then why artificially dumb it down?
If it does not, then you go dowm the bulletsponge route.
>>
>>382219603
Actually the difficulty in Witcher 3 doesn't effect enemy behavior, it just effects how quick you level. You level far slower, which is a horrible idea when equipment is attached to level.

As an example of how easy and bad combat is, I played my first time on a higher difficulty setting wanting to get more out of it, but I litterally only died to some drowners because I got impatient before I quit. I completed the Baron quest when the next step in the main quest told me I was 14 levels below what it reccomended for the next quest. I was 14 levels under leveled and I never noticed.

This game has horrendous combat, a boring story, an Ubisoft style open world. This game is just nerd trash.
Thread posts: 194
Thread images: 19

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.