[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would the people who say Dark Souls is bad because it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

File: gay.png (507KB, 830x527px) Image search: [Google]
gay.png
507KB, 830x527px
Would the people who say Dark Souls is bad because it's "hard" say the same about some NES classics?
>>
>>382195636
The people who claim the game is hard are the ones who never beat one of the games.
Each new entry in the dark souls series is easier than the last.
>>
>>382196135
if DarkSidePhil can beat all 3 games then so can everyone else desu
>>
i don't like when people compare dark souls "difficulty" to nes games

nes games had game overs
>>
>>382196182
Didn't he cheat?
>>
>>382196182
True.
But DSP does it for the money and would bang his dick across a cheese grater if it meant he could keep paying for his house, car, girlfriend, takeout everyday, and apartment.
While the casual gamer has no such obligation or need to continue if they experience even the slightest resistance.
>>
>>382196385
Yes. Heavily. Had "fans" drop him souls, weapons, armor, and humanity so he would suck slightly less.
Didn't help much.
>>
>>382196413
>DSP
>girlfriend
She finally got sick of his shit and left actually
>>
>>382196281
I don't like when people compare nes """""'""games"""""""" to dark souls

Dark Souls actually has graphics
>>
>>382196527
I don't keep up with DSP anymore. It's been like 5 years since I last actively looked into anything DSP.
Did he get married to that broad?
>>
>>382196413
Well he has no gf anymore, and makes so little money from his "video creation business" that he's gonna be homeless soon.
So you know, there's that.
>>
Only played bloodborne and quit after dying to the first boss twice. reminds me of some NES games in that to get good I need to keep playing but I don't enjoy the gameplay enough to do that.
>>
>>382195636
No one says Dark Souls is bad because it's hard. Dark Souls is a very popular game; what annoys many people is simply the amount of circlejerking surrounding it as though it's the most difficult, punishing game of all time.
>>
>>382196752
If you mean the Cleric Beast he's optional, if you're talking Father there's a key item that makes the fight easier, also you could just co op to make it trivial
>>
>>382196385
I wouldn't consider farming, or allegedly having someone do it for you, cheating
>>
>>382196616
He took the sandwich and gave her the crackers.
>>
>>382196752
there is a difference for not enjoying a game's gameplay than not liking a game for being hard
>>
>>382196752
pardon my retarded grammar
>>382197000
>Cleric Beast
yea that's who I meant. didn't know he was optional though.
>>
>>382197021
Except he had people jump into his game. Drop like 60 levels worth of souls, +10 weapons, End game armor, and endless humanity so he can just brute force it. Which he had people he summoned to do most of the fighting for him anyway.
Also every time someone invaded be it actual person or NPC he rolled off edges and claimed that "they didn't win".
>>
>>382197241
Just tips if you ever decide to pick it up again, if you don't like the gameplay fyi it doesn't evolve much outside of new weapons and spells
I love it to death but it's not for everyone
>>
>>382196135
Not true, it just feels easier

Mechanically DS3 is the hardest Souls game, although again mechanically Bloodborne beats it out

The reason each one feels easier is because you're getting better at playing them as you play and beat each one

Two was easier than One, but SotFS was more difficult than One; Three with its faster combat, improved AI and bosses with a higher number of combo attacks is mechanically the hardest Souls game

This isn't opinion, it's fact. Frame data and boss moveset confirms it
>>
>>382197303
you still have to beat the game yourself though

most people bruteforce souls games with heavy armor on their first playthrough. bruteforcing something faster than normal i wouldn't consider cheating.

invaders can be annoying. idk why they chose to play online, but i usually played offline.
>>
>>382195636
No at least your character in nes games don't move like a retard underwater
>>
>difficulty

>in an rpg
>>
>>382197793
have you played Castlevania?
>>
>>382195636
if i ever see anyone wearing this pretentious shirt, ill knock them the fuck out
>>
>>382197867
He's stiff but at least he actually swings his weapon correctly and doesn't fall over.
>>
>>382196752
I died to Father Gascoigne maybe 4-5 times on my first playthrough but never died to him again on my next 3 playthroughs.

I guess the git gud meme really is true. Bloodborne really does take some getting used to if you've just played Dark Souls, but after playing it I really liked it more.
>>
>>382196385
No. The majority of people who beat the souls games use summons to help them through. These are legitimate methods incorporated by the devs to be used.

Only a select few actually play through the game solo.
>>
>>382196135
In my experience that is the opposite, I finished and enjoyed Demon's, Dark Souls 1 and 2 but couldn't be bothered to finish 3. It has too many long stretches without a bonfire that are just a timesink and I dropped it like a hot potato.
>>
>>382200234
>No. The majority of people who beat the souls games use summons to help them through
There's a difference between NPC summons and player summons. NPC summons usually just sit there like an asshole and do nothing.
>>
>>382195636
NES games are probably harder than dark souls
>>
>>382197561
I didn't play them in release order. 3 is way easier than the others.
>>
>>382197241
*grammer
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>the Souls series is really ha-
>>
File: 1491640317788.jpg (123KB, 537x536px) Image search: [Google]
1491640317788.jpg
123KB, 537x536px
>>382196135
I beat the first game, and I'll even tell you what I had specifically:

I used heavy armor, greatsword with shield. Specifically the Zweihander, Elite Armor, and Crest Shield. Had Havel's Ring and some other ring that raised my defense. Took me about 40 hours to beat the game.

The game was not even that hard, it was just tedious and boring. A lot of the boss fights were not really hard at all, especially the last boss Gwyn what a fucking joke. What made me want to turn away from the game was not the "difficulty", but rather the game not keeping me engaged. I still kept playing because I thought the game would get better, but no. The puzzles suck. The boss patterns are predictable. The dungeons and mazes had a shitty flow to them. A lot of areas had fucking god awful design. There were a lot of times where the game wanted to be difficult with the player just for the sake of it, that made the game tedious rather than amusing. I liked the idea of basing a game around learning from your mistakes, but not at the extent of fun, unless doing repetitive tasks over and over is fun than whatever, some people like the taste of shit I guess.

I might give Dark Souls 3 a try sometime down the road, but not anytime soon. The first game was a big disappoint to me considering all the hype built around the Dark Souls games.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.