[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>buy games >try to start them >get bored or feel like

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: sad_frog.jpg (18KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
sad_frog.jpg
18KB, 396x385px
>buy games
>try to start them
>get bored or feel like it's dragging
>stop playing
>rinse repeat
I hate this feeling. Why do I do this? I wanna break the habit and enjoy games again...
>>
replace the "buy games" step with "pirate games"
>>
>>382190650
happens a lot, just gotta force yourself through it, couple hours later you'll be into it assuming it's you and not the game
>>
>>382190764
It has to be me cause most of the games I try are acclaimed by /v/ or at least highly recommend and I usually never been disappointed before but suddenly it's nothing.
>>
Maybe you're depressed
>>
File: 1490719519985.jpg (55KB, 800x576px) Image search: [Google]
1490719519985.jpg
55KB, 800x576px
>>382190712
That makes it worse. At least with bought games there's the monetary investment so you feel like you gotta at least try to enjoy it.
>>
>>382190650
Your options are:
>commit to not buy a game until your current one is beaten, and I mean 100% beaten. Also, learn to think before you buy. You're throwing money away (sales are excluded from this)
>set-up the backlog system, it works for some folks
>Take a vidya haitus. I've found the best way to commit to this is by giving yourself an objective for the haitus (read a book or two, catch up on school work, etc.)
>Same as above, but for /v/ and 4chan in general
>>
>>382190851
It probably happens to you with a lot of things (like movies/tv) and you probably rather be doing something else like a compulsion to browse /v/.
>>
File: 1495997201354.jpg (12KB, 205x205px) Image search: [Google]
1495997201354.jpg
12KB, 205x205px
>>382190851
>acclaimed by /v/
>>
>>382190945
>sales are excluded from this
typical millenial just spending money for the sake of spending. enjoy being dumb
>>
>>382191021
It does happen with movies and TV also
>>
>>382191069
If you know you want something, and see it on a price lower than normal, buying it at that is financially stupid??????????
>>
>>382190650
I feel you anon, but most of the time I just get to the buy game part
>>
>buy game
>play it
>fucking LOVE IT
>can't fucking play because family watching tv
WHY
>>
>>382191187
>Gives advice to think before you buy
>Sales are excluded from this
>buying because a sale told you too
If you buy a 20$ for 16$ you arent saving 20%, you spent 16$
>>
>>382191112
Yea, it's you. Like I said you gotta force it. You're addicted to the internet and it ruined your attention span. Takes at least an hour or two of forcing yourself before you're broken free from it (for that time of day). Try it out.
>>
>>382191489
I'll definitely try it out
>>
>>382191428
I'm not saying buy recklessly during a sale. I'm saying if there's some shit you were planning on getting, and it goes on sale, seize the opportunity and shelf it til' the current game is done.

I didn't write it all out before because I didn't think I needed to.
>>
>>382190851
/v/ is literally full of kids on the spectrum. Anytime I haven't enjoyed a game that is highly recommended here I remember that I am an adult and I do not have autism. And I don't mean that condescendingly. Sometimes my tastes align with the meme games here but most of the time they do not. I find that in the times where they do not the game is more of an uninspired time sink than it is thoughtful. And I'm a person who actually plays game to their fullest (gits gud, goes to tournaments, top rank, etc.)
>>
You're depressed
>>
>>382191343
this is some pretty low quality bait
>>
Stop buying so much in steam sales / bundles / pirating. The games you have hold less individual value with a 400+ library. There are counter-arguments against this, but it's a method.

Or at least pretend you bought them at normal cost games richfags need not apply
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.