[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Will it fail to meet expectations like the first? Will Bungivision

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: destiny-2-art.jpg (518KB, 1900x1068px) Image search: [Google]
destiny-2-art.jpg
518KB, 1900x1068px
Will it fail to meet expectations like the first? Will Bungivision jew it out again?
>>
>>382183134
Considering expectations should be somewhere near the floor now, they better meet them.
And the game already has a two DLC season pass, and Bungie is contractually obligated to produce an "expansion pack" for the mid-point in the game's life cycle.
>>
>>382183134
It'll be more of the exact same shit. Everything we've seen so far proves that.
>>
Hopefully no, but I will be purchasing it day one on PC a month after initial release. because i'm shit
>>
>>382183134
>Only 4 destinations on launch
>Only 1 raid
>Probably only 5-7 strikes like vanilla D1
>replaced patrols with scripted, but replayable "adventures" and "lost sectors", arguably the only thing they did that might be considered more content
>Taking away some crucible modes at launch

Yep, it's going to be the exact same size as D1 at launch, but with a lot more QoL improvements. People will still be salty, though. Me included.
>>
They'll have to contend with Anthem in a year's time.
>>
>>382183134
Depends on if the story is passable or not. The 60 FPS gameplay of it looks really good though.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArPP6_QXqyQ
>>
>>382184571
>Only 4 destinations on launch

that'll be fine if they're at least 6x bigger than in Destiny 1
>>
>>382186252
I'm sure they'll have a huge expansion like Taken King to battle it, though. If they're smart, it'll continue the main story of Destiny 1 that they left behind for the Cabal invasion for vanilla D2.
>>
>>382186252
>counting on Bioware to do anything right
I'm not at all saying that D2 is going to be great...in fact every indication is that it won't be. But betting on Bioware to not fuck it all up is retarded
>>
>>382187856
They did say it's not the Andromeda team working on Anthem. I'm sure that band of idiots got a serious chewing out by EA for embarrassing them.
>>
>>382187989
It doesn't matter - the main team made DA:I. There is no good Bioware team.
>>
>>382187720
Luke Smith has me convinced that he actually has a narrative arc in mind for D2, unlike the nothing that was Destiny.
>>
>>382187989
none of them know how to use frostbite, their last two games look like complete shit
>>
>>382188210
Luke said himself in an interview that everything that happened in Destiny 1 was "nothing of significant importance." It should be treated like a so-called "issue #0" if Destiny were a comic book series. The REAL story starts in Destiny 2.
>>
I'm not really offput by the 1 raid as long as the expansions include raids. 1 raid is actually ok as long as that's only the case for 3-6 months or so.

The dumbing down of the weapons on the other hand....
>>
>Bungie still insists it can balance P2E and P2P simultaneously without splitting them out
So yeah, probably
>>
>>382188443
They're doing it by changing the dynamic of PVP matches.
>No one starts with ammo for their big gun
>You have to find the ammo for it somewhere on the map
>When you get your big gun ammo, EVERYONE IN THE MATCH is going to know about it
No big gun being a constant presence means more balanced matches, on paper at least.
>>
I have friends who are gonna play it, I'm into that sort of FPS psedi-MMO lootfest thing, and there's really no better alternatives
so I might get it desu
>>
File: enough.png (733KB, 760x839px) Image search: [Google]
enough.png
733KB, 760x839px
Hold on a sec, let me check if Destiny is still shit.

Yeah, still shit. So, 2 won't be any better.
>>
>>382188581
They still need to just admit that they should balance guns separately for PvE and PvP or neither can really shine. You should be able to have kind of OP guns in PvE because that means they can throw more at you and make it feel more epic. But if they do that then PvP becomes a shitshow as long as they insist guns must be the same in both modes.
>>
>>382188443
>>382188581
Also, it took a whole game to do it, but they finally figured out how to balance guns on an individual basis.
>>
>>382188832
it's absolutely mindblowing that was an issue in the first place
>>
>>382188680
it's fun with all the expansions but that's about the only way to have fun, all the endgame playlists and shit
>>
>>382183134
I had a lot of fun with it

Then again I got it with the Taken King DLC and had friends to play it with. Rise of Iron was cool af too but way too short
>>
>>382186252
it will be very hard for bioware to top bungie at action gameplay.
>>382188127
exactly, I personally think DA:I was even worse than andromeda. At least Andromeda had semi-passable gameplay.
>>382183134
going from 30 fps to 144 fps is huge, the core gameplay should be tight and more content will come down the line. I'm just hoping for decent endgame pvp from the initial game, as long as I have that I'll be happy.
>>
http://www.pcgamer.com/bioware-boss-says-anthem-is-science-fantasy-like-star-wars-or-the-marvel-universe/
>If you want hard sci fi, go play Mass Effect
>If you want silly Star Wars-esque shit, play Anthem
So it's definitely going to be closer to Destiny in that respect.
>>
>>382183134
As long as I don't get rifles with shit like Exhumed on them, I'll be happy.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.