[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really like this game up until Hong Kong, but then the level

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: DeusExCover.png (623KB, 600x745px) Image search: [Google]
DeusExCover.png
623KB, 600x745px
I really like this game up until Hong Kong, but then the level design becomes kind of schizophrenic at times and the laser sword basically turns the entire game into easy mode. Anyone else feel this way?
>>
>>382174157
I guess it shows the power of the nanomachines and besides, the point is to do stealth runs, not samurai runs.
>>
Yeah that sword turns the game pretty much just melee combat now but Hong Kong was KINO
>>
>>382174290
What? Isnt the point to play the game however you want? The game hands you an insanely over powered weapon and youre just not supposed to use it because "reasons"?
>>
>>382174391
You can use it and it's not as useful against heavy artillery like the robots or the men in black, specially in higher difficulties.
Yes, you can play the game however you want but you are missing the point of the dragon fang.
It is powerful, now imagine it in the hands of the wrong person.
>>
>>382174531
>I value story over gameplay
>>
>>382174391
The dtooth isn't even that overpowered. The pistol is way better.

>you get it as soon as the game starts
>perfectly 100% accurate at any range within 5 minutes of starting the game
>one hit kills nearly everything
>ammo is everywhere throughout the entire game
>>
File: please kill yourself.png (56KB, 339x298px) Image search: [Google]
please kill yourself.png
56KB, 339x298px
>>382174658
>Why is weapon overpowered?

>reasons

>WOW FUCKING SHITTY BROKEN WEAPON!
>>382174717
Also this, Pistol with upgrades is the real broken weapon.
Not to mention is small as fuck so you can have other things in your inventory.
>>
>>382174717
>pistol one hit kills everything
Is this if you master in pistols? Ive never gotten a 1 hit kill with it
>>
>>382174859
>>382174717
Sword is silent, has infinite uses, and no reloads
>>
Is there ANY reason to play the non-lethal route besides slightly different dialouge? Ive never beat the game before
>>
>>382174157
DX1 is possibly my favourite game of all time, but I'm not sure why /v/ feels the need to mindlessly defend every aspect of it. The Dragon's Tooth is extremely overpowered and IMO it was a big design mistake to let the player keep it.

The player should have had to give it to Max Chen after Versalife part 2 to progress. Boom- problem solved and the player still has plenty of time to have fun with it. Maybe make it possible to keep it in some hacky roundabout sequence-breaking way.
>>
>>382175223
Not really, no. Many people find it harder and more interesting, but if the combat is more fun for you then don't worry- you aren't missing out on anything.
>>
>>382174903
It one hit kills all generic soldiers, two hits for MJ12 commandos. Takes quite a few shots, around 5, on the heavily augmented (ie MiB, WiB, Gunter, Anna, Simons). The augmented are usually close quarters fights too, so in those cases the dtooth definitely wins out.
>>
This game is prophetic
>>
>>382174717
This. I love pistol with accuracy and silencer mod. No need get any other weapons.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.