[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Witcher 3 discussion thread Why does Hearts of Stone have such

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Witcher 3 discussion thread

Why does Hearts of Stone have such a shitty end? Everything up until then is gold but the last bit is just rubbish. The riddle was so obvious, it made the end pretty boring and uninteresting.
>>
File: 1482060881923.jpg (71KB, 1000x736px) Image search: [Google]
1482060881923.jpg
71KB, 1000x736px
>>382169883
> HoS
> shitty end
>>
>>382170004
>implying rezerging Kerrigan wasn't retarded
>>
Don't make Witcher 3 threads, gothicfag is online
>>
I liked the riddle. It was obvious enough for the player to be able to guess on their own without cheating.

And honestly, I find it to be one of the best boss (non) fights I've ever played in a video game because all of a sudden your reflexes and previously honed skills count for nothing. Instead Gaunter is challenging the player's wits directly through the screen.

If I had to redesign the final fight the only thing I would change is to make the area even bigger and labyrinthine so that the player has an even smaller chance of stumbling on the right place by accident without knowing the solution of the riddle.
>>
>>382169883

What is the appeal you guys see in Witcher 3?

I have attempted to play through the game thrice and everytime it just bores me out eventually. The combat isn't good since it's basically r1 spam and hexes are useless, the game seems to attempt to 'babysit' you through needless shit (following huge red footsteps etc), and the only saving grace for me are the graphics, which are amazing. It doesn't feels like a proper RPG to me. While you can choose some stuff, your actions are 'determined' and you can't really stray from the path laid before you. You can't be evil, you can't pick a side, and you can only tailor Geralt so far.

Aside from the graphics, I see no appeal whatsoever to finishing this or replaying it. If only the combat was a little bit better it would have been so different
>>
>>382170631
R1 is your use item button. It's not R1 spam since bombs and crossbow are utility at most. Hexes are NOT useless. If you spec into hexes you will hardly ever need to use your sword.

It's not a proper RPG. You don't self allocate stats nor create your own character. It's an action RPG.
>>
>>382170631
>hexes are useless
wrong

I bet you don't bother putting points into them, and hooking up mutagens, and sticking runes on your armour to boost that shit. Also don't forget Places of Power.

Aard makes most fights a laughing stock later on, because you can just AOE knockdown and then run about stabbing everyone on the floor like balloons at an autistic kids party.

Then you've got Yrden, which is great for handling big crowds. Slap that shit down, camp the circle and watch as enemies spaz out inside it while you chop them to shit.

Igni is good for crowd control, as when boosted, it can set people on fire and leave them writhing for a bit so you can focus on the real enemies. Plus the burn over time is pretty good.

Axii is nice for conversation bonuses, but isn't so useful in fights. Obviously good on Alghouls to get those spikes to fuck off, but isn't very useful otherwise. The ability to trick an enemy to fight for you is nice, but I haven't used it all that much actually.

Quen, quens quen. Was OP as fuck in The Witcher 2, can be OP as fuck here too, allowing you to just spam sword attacks without even worrying at all. Haven't levelled mine up far, so I haven't got to use the exploding shield and shit, but I imagine its like an on-hit Aard.
>>
>>382171024
Axii is amazing in fights. Like Aard, it makes the person under the hex more susceptible to an instant kill. And unlike Aard it penetrates shields (at least before piercing cold).

If you take the possession enchantment it makes it so it moves from enemy to enemy as they die.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1uUmgSpVm0
>>
>>382170631
the appeal is:

> atmosphere - the combination of the god tier graphics.OST.character and lore
> specifically expanding on the previous note, the character are just superb
> some of the finest facial animations in vidya
> amazing cities and locations to discover. novigrad oxenfurt and toussaint are the best cities ever made in video games
> combat is better than 98% of other rpgs out there, i have no clue why people choose to shit so hard on W3 while praising games like fallout with the shitty V.A.T.S
> main quest line and the big side quests are good
> wide variety of enemies
> it has the 2 best DLCs vidya ever had
> has nudity out the ass instead of censorship for muh poor kiddies and their sensitive eyes

until this point are the facts, from this point on it's my personal opinion:

> i prefer prebuilt characters in RPGS because they are modeled better and have a voice to them. at least as long as it's done right which isn't something many companies pull off
> fantasy RPGs have been dead for so long just the mere fact a noteworthy game from this genre comes out instantly makes it good. regardless of the fact that it is good by itself even if it came out in a flooded year
> it gives you a real sense of adventure, besides the first few hours which is probably where you gave up. witcher games always start slow
>>
>>382171521
holy fuuuck I didn't even know that
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.