[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Bethesda demand this be named Prey? Emails show it was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

Why did Bethesda demand this be named Prey? Emails show it was Bethesda that wanted to attach the Prey name to the game. Prey, a game that sold not even 500,000 copies and was overshadowed entirely by nearly every other shooter in its day. Prey is cool and all, but nothing about it was a strong IP.

Surprise, Prey sold poorly. Attaching an IP to something can deter people from it as much as entice them. People are naturally going to assume that its related story wise to the other one and think they'll be lost if they didn't play the original, and very few people played the original and if its unrelated you've got to spend marketing time telling them that's its a "spiritual successor."

Attaching the Prey name to this hurt it. It should of been a new IP that used Arkane and Dishonored's brand to get it across.
>>
>$30 million net loss
They deserve what they got.
>>
great game though (a sort of lack of weapons...)

too bad they didn't market it or anything whatsoever either.
>>
>>382164047
>Why would a company want an install base and a familiar IP?

I don't know, because you're a fucking moron?
>>
>>382164047
to kill the old franchise and rub salt in the wounds of the studio that died escaping the clutches of Bethesda

petty billionaire shit
>>
>>382164549
Prey did not have an install base.
>>
>>382164047
>why did they attached the prey name on this game?

They tried to appeal to nostalgia by bringing back a niche ip people wanted back.

Its like the last guardian or shenmue 3 a tiny but vocal minority wanted back and bethesda thought they could build hype around them
>>
>>382164047
Vindictive cunts, no other reason.
>>
Psychoshock is way better
>>
>>382164112
Bitter retard.
>>
>>382164047
All of the autistic anti-Prey 2 posts are from Todd Howard and Pete Hines sitting around drunk at the office together
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.