[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best version of Rayman 2 and why is the PS1 version?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: file.png (580KB, 500x498px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
580KB, 500x498px
What is the best version of Rayman 2 and why is the PS1 version?
>Removed meaningless time-wasting sections of some levels while keeping the essential levels
>Removed needless bonus levels
>Shooting cages actually frees enslaved creatures instead of fucking lums
>Good voice acting in comparison to the unintelligible, garbled, annoying blabbing/whispers of the other versions
>Harder than the other versions (can't destroy enemy projectiles with your own)
>Slightly worse graphics that even still have their own PS charm
>Has just the right amount of playtime so it won't feel samey before you finish it
>>
The DS one
>>
the pc one
>>
>>382157584
>Doesn't even mention one of the hidden stages that was taken from when Rayman 2 was originally going to be a 2D game in development that no other version of 2 has

One job.
>>
>>382158221
That's the one you get after 100%ing the game, yeah. Forgot that.
>>
I dunno but the 3DS version runs terribly
>>
>>382157584
If that's the best version, I'm afraid of what the worse versions are like.
Only thing I remember about that game from my childhood was how much I hated it.
Godlike 2D platformer changed into shitty 3D piece of crap.
>>
The PS2 one.
>>
Wasn't it called rayman revolution
>>
>Less content is a good thing. Especially when the game in its original state isn't long or repetitive enough to drag.
>Mentioning minor bullshit that doesn't matter like cage animals, but not the only redeeming quality, hidden level of the original 2D Rayman 2.
>Complete non-arguments like "PS charm"

God this board is inept
>>
>>382158697
>Less filler garbage is a bad thing
Rayman series always had a very hard time innovating. Some platforming sections in the original involve holding down the jump button to hover upwards through a wind tunnel for 5 minutes and absolutely nothing else.
>Mentioning minor bullshit that doesn't matter like cage animals
The whole point of the game is to free the people of his world who were enslaved, dumbass. It way more coherent than "freeing" the equivalent of mario coins.
>>
>>382158697
>"PS charm"
I dunno. That argument sounds more like someone who argue the N64 version is best.
>>
>>382157584
>this downgrade sure is amazing, fellas!
The Dreamcast version is clearly the best, fag. None of the aforementioned content compromises to get it working on a potato, widescreen, 60fps, and the best visuals of any port including the PC release which used N64 assets.
>>
The Nintendo 64 is the best because of that sweet-ass OST.
>>
>>382159329
bait
>>
>>382158379
>Liking 2D over 3D entirely for cosmetic reasons
>>
>>382159179
>MUH GRAFIX for a game released in the fucking 90's
>>
>>382159697

Just admit you grew up with the PS1 version and don't know any better, OP. Widescreen and a higher framerate is at least a more measurable and sound argument than "PS charm"
>>
>>382159620
I love both 2D and 3D platformers, but Rayman was a thing during time when 2D platformers were a dying breed and Rayman 1 was a Good Game. Rayman 2 was shit.
>>
>harder than the other versions
Somebody didn't play Revolution
>>
File: 1493137519214.png (204KB, 389x445px) Image search: [Google]
1493137519214.png
204KB, 389x445px
>>382157584
PC IS BEST
DREAMCAST IF YOU DON'T MIND THE SHITTY OVERWORLD
>>
>>382159329
This anon gets it. N64 version honestly had the best music.
>>
DC=N64>PC>>>>PSX>portable shit
>>
>>382159179
>Rayman 2 is widescreen on DC
That's radical.
>>
PS2
>>
>>382161872
trash opinions
>>
File: crazy.jpg (68KB, 469x563px) Image search: [Google]
crazy.jpg
68KB, 469x563px
To this day it still amazes me how many different versions of Rayman 2 there are.

>launch title on both the DS and 3DS
>>
>>382164573
Framerate and content are king, OP. You're letting nostalgia cloud your judgement.
>>
Who cares. Rayman 1 was the better game with better music and actually took skill to beat.
>>
worst version
>missing levels
>worst looking version
>awful final boss
>>
File: 1433116077550.jpg (38KB, 466x379px) Image search: [Google]
1433116077550.jpg
38KB, 466x379px
>>382161872
>N64
>good
>>
Ok, but we can all agree that the best version of Rayman 1 is on Jaguar right?
>>
hey look, it's that guy from rabbids
>>
Revolution
>>
>>382165403
tell me what's wrong with the n64 one besides the music.
Is just like the PC version
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.