[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your possition on getting "Salty" or getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 5

File: q40bnnqu3zey.jpg (45KB, 425x404px) Image search: [Google]
q40bnnqu3zey.jpg
45KB, 425x404px
What is your possition on getting "Salty" or getting mad in multiplayer games, specially 1v1 games

Mention it because I have hear two version of the same story

>I dont get salty after loosing because the game is so fun that even loosing isnt bad

and

>If you dont get salty after loosing, it mean you are not as invested in the game

In my case, I wont get frustated at all or angry, mostly because nothing is on the line, some people get so mad like they loose a million dollar tournament or something.
>>
>getting mad at videogames
Lmao, worst I'll ever do is talk to myself or hit the table. People who type shit in chat and shittalk people because they're mad are stupid and to be laughed at.
>>
FGC terms were a mistake
>>
>>382142189
So many people do it tho
some times, I feel like tease them in a positive way, to see if they relax or they get angrier.
>>
Getting upset over a loss of any sport or game is a sign of immaturity. Get a grasp of your emotions and stop screaming and throwing tantrums.
>>
>>382141765
Really depends on the game, but i get mad at games if something BS happens. Otherwise most of the time its a meme if you get mad at 1 loss. Losing is a part of getting better and getting mad too quickly won't help whatsoever.
>>
File: 'needs a name' filenames.jpg (50KB, 577x577px) Image search: [Google]
'needs a name' filenames.jpg
50KB, 577x577px
>>382141765
>I get mad at game
>person calls me salty
Well yeah, I'm mad, but what does pointing that out accomplish

Is it meant to make me more mad or is it a supposed to be like, some claim to have completed a masterminded plan to make me mad?
>>
>>382141765
Getting salty in games is immature. To me there's two reasons why you would lose in a game.

>1: You lost because of a mistake
Easily fixable, realize what you did wrong and don't let it happen again.

>2: You lost because of teammates
Out of your control. Pointless to get mad.
>>
If I ever get salty after a moment of actually analyzing the situation it must be because I lost to something that was completely out of my power to control, which means I must be playing a bad game
>>
>>382141765
At worst I just get really annoyed and stopped playing for a while. It's not like I'm a competitive person anyway
>>
File: forsooth.jpg (9KB, 189x266px) Image search: [Google]
forsooth.jpg
9KB, 189x266px
>>382142705
Emotions aren't something you can police, anon.

There's no reason to get scared if it's dark. So why do some people get terrified of it? When someone dies, it's pointless to cry and become grief-stricken, so why is it so common for people to become that way?

Anger is an emotion like any other. What will getting angry accomplish? Usually nothing, and yet knowing that doesn't change that sometimes, you WILL get mad over something you can't change, that like many other problems, are out of your control.

You can't do shit.
>>
>>382142328
getting upset over a loss is normal, and a sign you were trying.

throwing tantrums and screaming is a sign of immaturity. you can get upset and not act like a child about it.
>>
>>382143084
Nothing wrong with getting a little upset. It's frustrating to lose at all. I'm talking about getting salty. Raging in allchat, throwing controllers. >>382143408 Like this.
>>
I don't think it's the best idea in the world to ask a bunch of robots about how they feel about emotions
>>
>>382143408
Interesting. What's the difference between immaturity and inability to control one's temper?
>>
>>382143859
How much physical damage you inflict on the way
>>
>>382143975
What's your opinion on stress reduction objects, such as stress balls or punching bags?
>>
>>382144048
No damage no problem, infact acknowledging a problem and finding a way to cope with it is a pretty good sign of maturity
>>
File: 1497466481811.jpg (49KB, 552x446px) Image search: [Google]
1497466481811.jpg
49KB, 552x446px
>>382141765
I do get salty every once in a while
Mainly with myself for not understanding what I'm doing wrong or with my shit connection for making me or my enemy teleport around
I think it's kind of normal if you're invested

Never broke anything though, that'd be stupid
>>
>>382143859
inability to control one's temper is a part of immaturity.

Maturity isn't really defined as anything but "the state of being fully grown" so really it's a meaningless word that we all have to define for ourselves.
Personally i think having control over your behavior is a good ideal for what maturity can be. It's totally fine to get mad, it's not fine to act out of that anger.
>>
>getting angry at others in team games

understandable, healthy

>getting angry at your opponent in a 1v1, assuming the game isn't horribly broken in some way and it being used against you

pathetic, abnormal and delusional
>>
>>382144315
I dunno internalizing that anger needlessly usually leads to a lot of fucked up situations. If you can transfer it into something non destructive, why not.
>>
>>382144170
Odd.

But what if a person throws a fit, screams into a pillow, squeezes a stress ball and acknowledges they have a problem?

Simultaneously mature and immature? What's the deal here?
>>
>>382144721
Throwing a fit and screaming might not imply any direct destruction but it's still a loud and disruptive behavior, especially in day to day situations.

Ideally the stress ball or an equivalent should be enough, otherwise yeah, you probably have a problem and need to reanalyze why you're so angry
>>
>>382144640
if you can transfer it into something non destructive then i'd say you're doing a good job controlling your behavior. when i said it's wrong to "act out of anger" i meant losing control and doing something destructive. I think using anger as a motivator to do something productive is a very mature response.
>>
>>382141765
Depends. If I lost because my opponent is just straight up better than me I generally won't get annoyed. If I/my team lost because of cheesy bullshit or someone not pulling their weight (Rocket League), then I start getting annoyed.
>>
>>382141765
I think most of my salt stems from dissatisfaction with my own performance. It has less to do with being upset at being beaten, more at being upset with yourself for not winning.
>>
>>382141765
Everybody gets frustrated at video games sometimes, especially competitive ones. If you react to this in a method other than laughing it off or taking a break you're a teenager and/or have emotional problems.
>>
>>382141765
I get very salty when I lose because of teammate intentionally throwing the game for one reason or another. I get super salty when I lose because said teammate is throwing the game to "troll"
I get a little bit salty if teammate is playing with people instead of practicing with bots
Anything else just gets a little bit of salt from me
>>
>>382143462
>>382143084
Yeah, it's not about having no emotions all, but it's about how you behave when you are struck by your emotions.
Self-control.
>>
>>382141765
I get salty at lag, not games. If I'm ever actually angry at a game I stop playing for a long while or just uninstall it.
>>
>>382141765
If you are playing a team based game and you are trying to do 4 men's jobs at once while those other people are off in the corner spamming crouch like it is the funniest thing ever and you don't get mad, you are not a man.
>>
I got a lot of salty messages just for ledging people in For Honor

It was shitty but when you had to fight niggers with higher gear score than you anything's game
>>
Also, some game seem to get people even more angry than others.

And some games get on his way out try to get people not fighting or getting angry at each other.
>>
File: 1487037625294.jpg (92KB, 646x678px) Image search: [Google]
1487037625294.jpg
92KB, 646x678px
>>382141765
Being salty at 1v1 games in a competitive environment is just a necessary evil, there's no real way to get around it. When you are one of these people, you spend a long time honing your skills, getting incrementally better until you feel like you've made real improvements. It feels good to improve, and being able to beat someone who was previously very challenging is validation that these people want, validation that they weren't just wasting their time and that they CAN get better than they were.

When a person loses to someone, they'll deploy a coping mechanism. Losing results in at least small amounts of anger, usually directed at yourself for not working hard enough or not being good enough, sometimes at things around you if you feel the match was truly unfair (broken controllers, etc). This can come in the form of calm self-directed frustration and disappointment, or in the form of smashing your controller on the ground and yelling obscenities.

The most frustration comes from feeling like you did everything properly and you still lost, which is part of the reason the 5v5 MOBA scene is so toxic, because people often claim they did everything correctly but their teammates ruined it for them. This isn't always true but it often feels like it is.

1v1s are different in that the anger is always going to be directed towards yourself even if it looks like it isn't.

I've gotten better at handling my salt intake over the years, especially with mobas, but as a result I've had to be less invested in the games than I used to be. I've accepted that I'm not going to be good enough to be entering tournaments for large amounts of money, but I still want to be extremely good at these things. I just like the feeling of overtaking people that used to be complacent in their skill.
>>
>>382147723
People who get angry at being ledged are either bad or against a pre-nerf warlord. It's so goddamn easy to CGB and you should be avoiding the edge anyways. Simple positioning.
>>
With 1v1s, I can just say "I'm chanenging myself to get better" and will stick it out.

With team games, if I get frustrated, I just leave.

No fuss
No angry messages

Just leave.

Maybe take a hot bath before hopping back in.
>>
>>382141765
i often get mad at my opponent in fighting games especially

i never get mad at a game when i'm playing singleplayer stuff, and i guess i don't get angry at a game either in multiplayer, i just resent the opponent and hence i like to shittalk a lot. I don't want to prove a point when i do this, i just want to be as unpleasant and mean as i can so that the guy i'm playing with gets as mad and salty as mean. That makes me feel better.
>>
>>382148546
and salty as me*

sorry, i just woke up and i have my head inside my ass
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.