[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I git gud at Rocket League? I bought Rocket League when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Rocket_League_edicao_fisica.jpg (434KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Rocket_League_edicao_fisica.jpg
434KB, 1280x720px
How do I git gud at Rocket League?

I bought Rocket League when it was new and played for a bit on Keyboard and Mouse but had a good bit of trouble and was told to use a controller.

I just decided to give it a go with the controller and it definitely is easier to control, but I need tips on how to actually be decent at the game.

Right now it seems like Im just chasing after the ball and hardly ever touching it, and the times I do, it flies way off course or I center it for the other team.

Either way, Im still enjoying more than I thought I would.
>>
>>382139770
Just put in the hours OP, I could give you a big rundown on all these tips and shit but honestly you should just play. Getting better is the fun of the game. I envy you honestly
>>
there's no magic quick fix. you get good by playing, a lot. as time goes on, you'll be able to predict where the ball is going to go and how others will react to it, and position yourself accordingly.

t. 700 hours and still meh.
>>
I'm gonna get shit for saying this, but use the van. The hitbox is massive, allowing you to adjust to learning aerials and boom shots a lot easier. If you're bad at hitting the ball, cars like mantis and breakout are going to be hell for you.

As for the ball chasing, that's why you hardly touch the ball. You'll soon learn that rocket league plays very similar to a form of martial arts. You let your opponent's momentum give you strength. Instead of chasing, get into position to intercept their pass/shot and flip it over their defense. A lot of casual players are guilty of heavy chasing and throwing the ball directly at defenders. I literally get air dribble goals all day because of soft lobs from my opponent.

Just to recap, use a vehicle with a larger front hitbox while you learn, and stop chasing and let your opponent come to you. Their mistakes will turn into your gain. Also, practice the shit out of goalie before you even consider practicing anything else. You are useless if you can't protect the net, regardless of how good you might be at rotating.
>>
What a save!
>>
File: 2017-06-28 22-24-59--.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-28 22-24-59--.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
by posting webms.
i'm not great but every now and again i get a nice looking goal.
>>
>>382140981
No problem.
No problem.
No problem.
Chat disabled for 3 seconds..
>>
Courtesy bump, I have 40 hours and feel like I hit a wall where I'm not improving
>>
>>382143551
take a break, come back and suddenly matches will seem easy to you.
>>
Just play the game and enjoy yourself. You'll get better over time, just keep trying new stuff even if you fail.

I have 700 hours played and I'm Champ II this season but I still feel like ultra shitter compared to a lot of the guys.
>>
>>382143743
I'm coming back from a break as it turns out
>>
>>382143749
this season is bullshit. I played against dimaond 1s and gold 1s and they're basically the same level.
>>
File: frying crog.png (78KB, 412x351px) Image search: [Google]
frying crog.png
78KB, 412x351px
>you're half an inch away from the ball
>150% certain you're going to hit it
>miss
>>
tfw stuck on silver tier 1. I can pass but not shoot.
>>
>>382146772
Defend, you'll get all the way to high gold just playing defense as your team is too retarded to rotate properly.

t. Plat
>>
anyone down for some trading? have a few keys and nitro to move. looking for some colored septems or fsl. give me that /v/ deal.
>>
stop blindly chasing the ball
try to be behind the ball at all times
try not to get caught directly underneath the ball
if your teammate is going for the ball, don't also go for it
if it looks like they're going to centre it get in position
try to anticipate where the ball is going to end up, rather than blindly chasing
>>
>>382147051
Should I be one of those asshats who sits in the goal, gets the save, and then carries the ball up the pitch and scores an uncontested goal? It seems like an effective strategy but it does not look fun. I transition well and enjoy doing that.
>>
>>382147824
Yes, if you are confident in your ability to do so then carry it all the way, teams will often triple-commit leaving the goal open.

If you're confident in your rotational ability I suggest playing with friends because you will always end up with open goals with silver randoms.

Alternatively, you can play half field "sweep" position, falling back when the heat is on and pushing up slightly when the opportunity arises.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.