[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did Fire Emblem go from a franchise with one foot and a half

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: Camilla_Spring_Festival_Damaged.png (2MB, 1101x1671px) Image search: [Google]
Camilla_Spring_Festival_Damaged.png
2MB, 1101x1671px
How did Fire Emblem go from a franchise with one foot and a half in the grave to one of Nintendo's most valued properties?
>>
3DS was pretty starved for games, Awakening was about to come out, majority of the buyers were Smash players and thought "Oh hey this is that one series in Smash!", angry grandpas at the new fans.
>>
>>382127927
They actually advertised Awakening.
>>
File: HBo3M90.png (2MB, 1684x1920px) Image search: [Google]
HBo3M90.png
2MB, 1684x1920px
may may magic
>>
>>382128221
This. Im a newcomer to FE and I started with Fates. After that my expectations couldn't have been lower but I gave Echoes a chance anyway.
Im enjoying the ride. It's crazy how they went from an abortion to a pretty good game.
>>
Waifus and smash
>>
>>382127927
>Mobile games
>Major money jewing orbs.
>>
>>382129824
is this senran kagura
>>
>>382127927
Awakening was their Final Fantasy.
>>
>>382127927
Waifu shit
>>
>>382127927
As much as I hated it, Awakening did bring it back from being dead by selling a lot. They went pretty hard on promoting it at the time too.
>>
>>382127927

Good RPG with waifu elements and decent marketing
>>
>>382127927
it didnt. zelda and pokemon sell system units. the wiiu failed because there was no zelda at or near launch

people dont even care at this point about other shit until after they have bought the shitty nintendo system for a zelda or pkemon game and then need to justify the purchase with more games

and thats even given that you only get 1 good zelda game for every 3 released. a 1/3 chance of a good zelda game is good enough odds for enough people. fire emblem is like a fucking after thought
>>
Weebs love their waifus
>>
i think the core mechanics in the new FE games are really great but the map design has taken a lot of steps backwards

the only 3DS title with decent maps is Conquest. Revelations was passable but it was riddled with a lot of Awakening/Birthright style maps but with just crazy gimmicks out the wazoo

havent played Echoes but it if it didn't change much from Gaiden then it would have terrible maps too
>>
>>382130989
Echoes only really has bad maps in the beginning, I think people are probably just cherrypicking when they say Gaiden has bad maps.
>>
>>382130989
It changed absolutely nothing from Gaiden in the way of maps.
>>
>>382127927
Moe and weebs.
>>
>>382130617
no ass
>>
They removed the casual filters like permadeath, now any 8 year old can enjoy it too. Back when I was 10 and played it I had to learn from my mistakes on the gba FE and then start the whole game again, but being the only one of my friends to be able to beat it made it good
>>
>>382127927
sex
>>
>>382131453
Back when I was 10 I played on emulator with savestates. GBA seems like it was emulated only a year after being on the market.
>>
>>382131453
Echoes handles learning from your mistakes better by making it an actual game mechanic instead of forcing you to reset your game.
>>
>>382131453
>Fates still have permadeath
>Echoes have permadeath as well, they only added a mechanic allowing you to go back in time if you're someone who savescum and one dungeon that allow you to revive party membre if you aren't.
How about no ?
>>
>>382131738
The turnwheel is a good mechanic but I wish there was more risk for using it.
>>
File: 1487568656910.png (14KB, 289x343px) Image search: [Google]
1487568656910.png
14KB, 289x343px
>>382131453
>They removed the casual filters like permadeath

Sadly, this seems to be the case. Birthright apparently outselling Conquest doesn't bode well for future games, either.
>>
>>382132524

unfortunately easier and more casual things will always sell better with the average consumer

why would you want to think and play smart when you can just pull and spank 20 bandits in a large plain that is just a flat 30x30 arena so you can get to sexualising your waifus faster
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.