[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I bought this game on the PS store because I didnt play it when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg (18KB, 250x248px) Image search: [Google]
Final_Fantasy_VII_Box_Art.jpg
18KB, 250x248px
I bought this game on the PS store because I didnt play it when it was released, mostly because I was too young/dumb to understand turn based RPGs, but Im curious if its worth playing through in 2017 still?

And before you ask why I bought it if I didnt plan on playing it through, it was a drunken impulse purchase.

It seems like there are some major casualfied features implemented in the fame now, such as speed up combat, instant limit break, speeding up character movement. I really dont want to be tempted to use these because I want to experience the game in its original form.
>>
>>382127328

Basically is it too dated at this point tonbe thouroughly enjoyed
>>
Just fucking play it
>>
>>382127328
>buy first
>ask second

nice job
>>
Yeah it's still worth playing. On PSX or emulated.
>>
Its one of the best games I've ever played. Play the game before they bring the shitty new one out and you accidentally play that and fuck the game up for yourself.
>>
Does the Steam version still use midi?
What about the Ps4 version?
>>
>>382127328
Go for it, it's pretty fun and has lots of content
>>
Play the game and enjoy it for what it is and does rather then trying to label it out of the box.
>>
>>382127328
Play it.
What did you buy, the PS1 version for PS3/PSP/VITA or the PS4 version?
>>
>>382127328
it's a great game. great music, interesting story, the materia system is fun
the only huge downsides the game has are the awful graphics, the bad translation and the huge exposition dumps early in the game (which is really only bad on repeat playthroughs because you know it already)
ignore all the dumb "casual" features you mentioned, a lot of them would be straight up cheating and the game isn't hard enough that you would feel the need for it
speeding up combat and stuff is mostly for people who do hardcore grinding
>>382128121
i'm pretty sure the steam version had the mp3 quality soundtrack patched in. if it didn't there's an easy to install mod that adds it anyways
the ps4 version would just be an emulation of the ps1 version which doesn't have the midi soundtrack
>>
Im 21 and am playing through the same version for the first time.
I love it so far. Most of the background designs are beautifully painted like in old movies with matte paintings. The battle system is fun but straightforward, and overall the plot is good too. Nothing mind-blowing but makes you want to know what will happen next.
I use the speed up feature only when I die st some part and want to skip through easy shit that would bog me down otherwise. Dont use any other features.
>>
>>382128617
>the ps4 version would just be an emulation of the ps1 version which doesn't have the midi soundtrack
I heard it was the pc version ported to ps4.
>>
>>382128627
Forgot to mention but the music is great
>>
>>382128708
is it? i don't own a ps4. if it is then i have no idea
>>
I played it on ps4 for the first time last year and drop it. I just can't get into it no matter how hard I try. Crazy thing is I played ff9 for the first time a couple months back and love the hell out of it and couldn't put it down till I beat it.
>>
>>382127328
what the fuck is this wall of text even about

you either play it or you dont
>>
With old games, you have to ignore the shittiness and over-emphasize the good, or you'll never be able to appreciate it
>>
I'm replaying it for the billionth time, doing it on steam atm.

It got patched ages back apparently. Uses the right music now.

Zero complaints. Still a fun game.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.