[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Game is fantastic and feels like a lot of effort and love

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: 1498451121709.gif (202KB, 220x291px) Image search: [Google]
1498451121709.gif
202KB, 220x291px
>Game is fantastic and feels like a lot of effort and love went into making the game

>Get near towards the end of game, and everything begins to feel messy as fuck and rushed and what was seemingly going to be a masterpiece ends up being a trainwreck

What's her name, /v/? For me it was both FFXIV SB and FFXV
>>
bamp
>>
TWO
>>
>>382125943
dunno about stormblood, I'm only at the underwater part and so far it feels really shitty
>>
Dark Souls.
Not a trainwreck, but nowhere near as good as the first half.
>>
>>382125943
so did he get free copies of NMS?
>>
KotOR 2.
>>
Dark Souls
MGSV
Super Mario Sunshine
>>
>>382125943
The evil within
>>
The wii version of Drawn to Life is basically this.

The game starts smooth, not fantastic but basically what you'd expect.
The longer into the game you get the less finished it feels. The final parts seem downright incomplete. I think I remember beating the game and being brought straight back into the overworld with the NPCs not knowing what the hell to say.

I guess they banked on the idea that most people never finish games anyway, so only have to make the start look good.
>>
>>382125943
>FFXV
The game was generic and meaningless for most of the game. It was nice hanging out, but after several hours, there was nothing to do except fish.
>>
>>382125943
Wolfenstein new order is the latest one I remember. There are other but I am blanking out at the moment.
>>
Finally Fantasy TWO SCOOPS
>>
File: 1441305724583.png (227KB, 881x1287px) Image search: [Google]
1441305724583.png
227KB, 881x1287px
>>382125943
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold
>expert story mode begins
>oh shit feels like a whole new game
>fuck yes this music
>3d graphics on everything
>oh god ganna cum
>expert mode is harder than the original
>story mode cast is better
>able to reclass earlier
>fuck yes the story is good and jumped right into it
>the dialog between the 5 is fantastic as fuck
>regina please smack my testicles with your ladle i want to marry you
>oh god strat 2 was beautiful as fuck
>team synergy is fucking explosive
>strat 3 music alone makes me feel warm inside in a snowy dungeon
>scylla was a fight to remember
>but then
>demi fafnir
>forced uneven exp
>and suddenly strat 4 and 5 dialog went down in both quantity and quality
>then post game
>only dialog was for regina's food and after killing ur child
>zero fucking dialog in between from the story team
>>b-but anon strat 6 is not can-
>FUCK YOU EO1U HAD STRAT 6 DIALOG AND THOSE FUCKS JUMPED RIGHT TO THE END WITH SCIENCE MAGIC SHIT FROM A BI POLAR COMPUTAH
>>
>>382125943
I miss the Colbert Report character. He was a lot funnier than Late Show Stephen.

lol at all the triggered /pol/shits & /tv/fags though
>>
>>382130770
Oh right forgot to add
>save the little inn keepers daughter twice in story mode and got full dialog and stuff
>post-game saving the kid again from a fucking ice dragon
>zero story mode dialog
this.. this pissed me off the most
>>
File: chenquestion.jpg (323KB, 697x830px) Image search: [Google]
chenquestion.jpg
323KB, 697x830px
Final Fantasy Type 0

>game has a pretty reasonable story about a war between some kingdoms
>your kingdom wins the war
>suddenly the apocalypse begins because 2 gods are actually fighting each other behind the scenes and one of them wants to end the world exactly now for some reason
>all your previous actions mean nothing and most of the supporting cast is just gone
>final dungeon just kinda appears out of nowhere in the sky
>it's mostly filled with shitty gimicks like previously defeated bosses, teleporter mazes and 2 forced party splits
>final boss is impossible to lose against due to story reasons
>only way to make sense of it all is to play a new game+ and read random datalogs in the library
>>
Game developers and the gamer audience have no sense of pacing, sure they will come up with a fun game idea, then run it into the ground by padding the lenght well beyond what it can support for fear of being criticized for making a short game.
>>
File: OBONGO!!!.png (353KB, 825x464px) Image search: [Google]
OBONGO!!!.png
353KB, 825x464px
>>382125943
>>
Looks like we have some glonurd burp fans in the thread tonight
>>
>>382130998
yeah he was unique among late night comedy shows in the colbert report, now theyre practically indestinguishable. though all of the late night comedy shows seem to have gone downhill a bit since then
>>
Persona 5. I settled in to do the final dungeon in one go, and it went by way too fast. I spent more time in other story arcs than the last one. The game's message truly peaked at Kamoshida's arc, and went down from there. Shido is the worst, most one dimensional villain in Persona I feel, and it ruined the last bits of the game for me. Not to mention the game having no mention of Goro at the ending. Did they just forget he exists after being teased multiple times as a traitor in trailers? Wasted potential.
>>
File: 1_P1Y2zFaJweQugQRhdrxC-g.jpg (492KB, 1513x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1_P1Y2zFaJweQugQRhdrxC-g.jpg
492KB, 1513x1000px
>>382125943
>>Game is fantastic and feels like a lot of effort and love went into making the game

>>Get near towards the end of game, and everything begins to feel messy as fuck and rushed and what was seemingly going to be a masterpiece ends up being a trainwreck
>>
Probably a retarded question, but why is the later portions of games that are always the parts that are unfinished? Are games developed in sequence where the beginning level is made first and the final level is developed last (as opposed to something like movies where scenes are filmed out of order)?
>>
>>382125943
Prey
>great first few hours
>fucking fantastic mid game
>bloated, drawn out last few hours with a shitty, inconclusive ending followed by another ambiguous ending
>>
>>382132203
Maybe its because you enjoyed the game at first and didnt know or see its flaws then because you were enjoying yourself, but soon as the game got boring, too long or you wanted to play something else but wanted to finish the current game you started noticing the flaws because you are frustrated, angry and generally mad.
>>
>>382132203
they probably just delegate more polish to those parts since theyre going to be seen the most among players. like they lay out the basic framework of the game and then add details where they need it most. i also assume that when writing a coherent story, even small details changed in the beginning and middle can really fuck up the later end leading to scrambling to rewrite and have things make sense, or "well i thought i was going somewhere with this story, but we're running out of time/funding so here's the final boss"
>>
>>382132203
It's always depends from game to game. A lot of times the order of levels will be rearranged. And the final act is trying to be conclusive to a narrative that was mostly rewritten over and over but also a final test of the player's skill, which is hard to gauge by the developers so it will be frustratingly difficult or laughably easy.
>>
>>382132203
>Are games developed in sequence where the beginning level is made first
no, it's because everyone is going to play the first part of a game while most people don't even finish them
>>
File: 1436945236237.jpg (81KB, 443x392px) Image search: [Google]
1436945236237.jpg
81KB, 443x392px
>>382130998
You and me both, but I'd already lost some respect for Stephen when he brought Anita on and let her spout her BS. Then he brought the BLM guy onto Late Show who was steadily telling him he had his show because of his "white privilege". That broke my heart.
>>
>>382127575
>>382127712
these
>>
>>382125943
Pillars of Eternity, no matter what party I made the late game felt all over the place with any points I ever infested into defense going to waste.
>>
File: DSC01062.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01062.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
Kingdom Under Fire on Xbox

My first Mosu or whatever type game. But it had RTS elements and to this day i still havent played a better Mosu.

Anyway first half was golden, but then the 2nd half with encablossa is pretty damn fucking annoying
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.