[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious question time. How the hell am I supposed to win against

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: promo321906441.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
promo321906441.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Serious question time. How the hell am I supposed to win against these super fast meme characters like hwoarang or law without literally learning their entire movelist so I can block their mixups. It seems like if you have a character thats even a bit slower you're basically done for
>>
>serious
>how do I beat something without learning how to beat it
By killing yourself.
>>
>>382111216
Thats literally it though anon. You learn it. I am decent against Hworang because my buddy is a green rank and i have come to know his tricks. I STILL get rekt by green rank Paul players because i struggle to figure out that game, but im getting there now. Over 13 years online bruh. Keep going.
>>
>>382111312
Lmao bro just learn every single moveset for every single character xdd

Gtfo not everybody that plays this game is a raging autist
>>
>>382111216
You don't need to learn their entire movelist you actually do if you want to git gud, both hwoarang and law are extremely vulnerable to dickjabs and sidestepping.
>>
>>382111468
Sounds like you don't like the truth amd you need to be the one to "gtfo" you knew what this genre of games was like before you got into it. The funny thing is, there is probably some style of game that you ARE really good at and don't think its "autism" to get good at that one. Maybe this genre just aint for you.
>>
>>382111216

You only need to learn the moves they always do, do you honestly expect you should be able to beat someone without knowing anything about them?
>>
>>382111468
stick to csgo
>>
sidestep
>>
>>382111852
That said though, you will get so used to high level character play that some kid will come along and use that small group of moves that no one ever does and get caught out.

In martial arts, "you always get caught, by the thing you don't know yet" is something i was always taught, but in video games i notice anons HATE variables. If there is not some absolutley frame perfect pattern they can be taught to work without fail then they think its a bad game.
>>
>>382111216
- learn the top 15 moves

- record gameplay and see what exactly it was you got hit by. it is highly doubtful they were using all 140+ moves of their character, it just seems that way to you.

- most importantly you don't need to block and punish everything. you just need to understand when it is your turn to act. having good movement and a good offense yourself helps tremendously.
>>
>>382111216
You make reads
>>
>>382111216
>block their mix-ups
Hwoarang doesnt have any dangerous low mix ups that would launch you.
Law has just one low mixup he spams 24/7, I bet you can guess which one.
>>
>>382111468
But that's actually how fighting games work. You gotta know about your matchups.
>>
>>382113267
>all 140+ moves of their character

Jesus Christ, does this game seriously have that many moves? Pretty damn impossible to master a single character, then, what's to say of every single one of them.
>>
>>382111216
if you can't be bothered to learn every characters movelist, which lets me honest no-one does, just play alot and you'll get used to their movesets eventually
>>
>>382114059
It does. There are guides describing the best moves of every character though. Pro players use the same 20 all of the time, maybe some more some of the time. Gimmick players will use some shit you've never seen before but it's of course not a reliable strategy to become good.

Still, it's a lot to learn anon, ain't no one said otherwise. I think the biggest blame you can direct towards the game is that it's difficult to enter p-mode and find out what the fuck it was you just got hit by.
>>
>>382111216
Kinda.
Each character has gaps in their strings, sometimes all you have to do is duck one kick or punch, and they are wide open for a counter attack, launcher/juggle. You just have to know what to look for.
>>
>>382114059
When I was like 11 I mastered almost every character in Tekken 3 on PS2. It can be done with time and autism.
>>
File: image.jpg (73KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
73KB, 600x600px
>>382114059
It has nothing to do with being "good at Tekken though." I have been forever Kazuya and can literally preform EVERY move he fucking has HOWEVER that does not mean im good at playing him, i am only a brawler rank, a green rank. It can't hurt to know every move simply for your defence, but somewhere in Kazuya's 100+ move list is a handful of moves that csn be used effectivly within a certain gameplan. Its the gameplan within the moves, not all the moves themselves.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.