[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could we get a controller thread? I'm curious what the majority

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 11

File: 3max.jpg (175KB, 1245x700px) Image search: [Google]
3max.jpg
175KB, 1245x700px
Could we get a controller thread? I'm curious what the majority of /v/ uses. I think I'm part of the 1% that uses this ugly piece of shit, but it grew on me.

Part of me thinks a lot of you still have the 360 pad, but then I remember that the majority are ps4 owners, so it must be dualshock 4 city.
>>
>>382109701

For shooters its a mixed bag.
For TP games, the gyro thing makes it better.
For arcade , emulation and such its fucking godtier. Had mine for a month.
>>
I can only say the 360 d-pad is absolute trash
>>
File: controller-3.jpg (16KB, 490x368px) Image search: [Google]
controller-3.jpg
16KB, 490x368px
>>
>>382109701
The steam controller is my controller-fu. It doesn't really take nearly as long to get used to as everyone says, and once you have, nothing else compares. I also unironically think it's one of the more aesthetic controllers out there. I love casual asymmetry.
>>
Pcbro here whose used all of them

overall my order of preference is

KB+M >>>>> steam controller > xbone (would be greater than 360 if they sold a wire version) = xbos 360 > ps4 >>>> ps3

KB+M is my favourite but sometimes I like the 360 for casual non multiplayer games
>>
I use a xbox 1 controller it's comfier than the PS4 imo. Never used the Steam controller
>>
>>382110153
Once I almost bought that shit. Glad my friend was with me and talked some sense into my head.
>>
https://youtu.be/NRMpNA86e8Q?t=174
>they don't use their cars as controllers
>>
Wii U Pro Controller because I feel like the Steam Controller was almost great but the analog stick/face buttons ruin it.
>>
Got a steam controller in a bargain bin recently, it exceeded my expectations. Physically it's just how it looks, nothing spectacular, but the amount of shit I can do with in in the configurator is amazing. I spent the whole night toying with it, programming it in crazy ways.
>>
File: 1488087194681.jpg (130KB, 907x1210px) Image search: [Google]
1488087194681.jpg
130KB, 907x1210px
>>
For games with analog inputs I use wired 360 controller

For games with digital inputs I use a PS3 controller

For PC games I use mouse + mech keyboard w/ blue switches

For fighting/arcade games I use a squaregate stick w/ sanwa switches

Not that hard
>>
PS4 Nacon, Xbox Elite, pc Logitech g502
>>
>>382110153
NIGGA DEY ALL CHINESE
>>
DS4 topped with DS3 analog nubs. The god tier controller
>>
>>382109701
steam controller

I got one as a gift and my 360 controller broke shortly after
>>
File: Xbox-One-Elite-Controller.jpg (70KB, 1085x543px) Image search: [Google]
Xbox-One-Elite-Controller.jpg
70KB, 1085x543px
hello im am the best controller ever
>>
>>382114184
>joysticks break
>buttons get stuck
>d-pad no longer working
...best controller ever.
>>
>>382114260
Atleast it's cheap, right?
>>
>>382114184
if I got one for free I might actually agree with you. i'm using a $19 star wars xbone controller, and it feels fucking amazing. I literally lucked out with this thing.

ugly as shit, but for $19 you get 360/ds3 tier quality.
>>
File: 1464143563338.png (52KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1464143563338.png
52KB, 500x500px
>>382109701
Can the right touchpad click down like the right stick on a controller would? You know, like for lock-on in Dark Souls and such.
>>
File: IT WAS ME BARRY.jpg (29KB, 358x203px) Image search: [Google]
IT WAS ME BARRY.jpg
29KB, 358x203px
>>382109701
I use a DS4 for pretty much everything. I used to use a wired DS3 for emulated games but since a recent Windows update my computer won't recognize wired controllers, my DS4 can be connected to InputMapper and continue to communicate wirelessly when I plug it in.
>>
i bought a wired 360 pad the other day
it's alright i guess
cant really complain about it
i noticed the actual d pad shifts a bit causing it to press more directions than it's supposed to but that's an easy fix or just careful button presses
>>
>>382114515
Both touchpads can be clicked.
>>
>>382113670
hardcore to the max
>>
I use a DS4 with Xbox One thumbsticks. The Steam support and customization made it basically perfect. I have a 360 controller and DS3 that I don't use anymore. The thumbsticks on the 360 have a ton of play after years of use and my fingers slip off the DS3 thumbsticks and triggers.
>>
>>382114260
no they don't you've never even use one
>>
Xbone controller
>>
I use the Steam controller for my PC games, it works pretty well for Dark Souls.
>>
>>382109701
Just bought this joystick to revive my childhood. Pretty fun playing HAWX with it, also works surprisingly well for Redout. I also try it with Bayonetta and it wasn't half-bad for that either.
Looking forward to AC 7
>>
File: 1200px-Wii_U_Pro_Controller.jpg (63KB, 1200x799px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Wii_U_Pro_Controller.jpg
63KB, 1200x799px
This for games like Dark Souls are Metal Gear Rising. Great controller. Battery never dies.
>>
>>382109701
mainly use the steam controller, for some games xbone controller (rocket league and racing games)

used to love the ps4 controller, well still do but 1st one the rubber peeled off the sticks and the second had a bug where the signal of the left stick was jittery so your character stoped moving when it was directly in the top middle.
2 controllers were enough and I switched. Still the best formed controller though
>>
>>382109701
I use the Steam Controller

I intend to also use an Xbox HUEG controller later down the line.
>>382110153
NIGGA WHAS "A" IN CHIANESE?
>>
dualshock 4 - it's the first Sony controller I've actually liked. I bought one before I even owned a ps4
>>
>>382114184
>No Gyro
>Triggers aren't dual stage
>Breaks easily apparently
>>
File: x91.png (63KB, 212x204px) Image search: [Google]
x91.png
63KB, 212x204px
I only use it for emulation. Every modern game I just use KB+M, but for BSNES and other emulators it gets the job done.
I can't imagine using it for a system that has more than 2 trigger buttons though, since the shoulder buttons are about an inch away from the normal triggers.
Also if you use both joysticks, your hand can get very cramped very quickly.
Best for BSNES, like I said.
>>
>>382109701
Dualshock 4 is the best.
>>
File: EjqePmrFsjuEyUdqwy62aJ.jpg (736KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
EjqePmrFsjuEyUdqwy62aJ.jpg
736KB, 1280x720px
I only use this thing if I have to charge my One S controller, or to sync my S controller again.
>>
>>382119108
wow, that looks nice. how much you pay?
>>
Thoughts on the joycons and pro controller?

Going to invest in a switch sometime this month.
>>
for games, elite > 360 >>> steam. Steam controller >>> everything when it comes to multimedia though.
I also wish more controllers had its rear grips. The Elite's rear triggers are awkward to use in comparison
>>
Recommend a good and cheap ($40 or less) PC controller? Need something that works well with both 2D and 3D games. I mainly play JRPGs, Stardew Valley and a few 2D fighting games. I had a 360 controller but niece fucked up the wire and the Dpad is garbage.
>>
>>382119349
Both are great
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.