[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do we like this game again? This game is literally what other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: Metroid_Fusion.jpg (38KB, 320x320px)
Metroid_Fusion.jpg
38KB, 320x320px
Why do we like this game again? This game is literally what other M tier but with good gamplay
>>
>good gameplay
And why is that a bad thing?
>>
>>382107440
because the story is just as shitty as Other M
>>
>>382107491
But how does that make the gameplay shit?
>>
File: whatwhat-sam-tube2[1].png (377KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
whatwhat-sam-tube2[1].png
377KB, 960x540px
>>382107491
>>
>>382107559
when did I say it was shit? the gameplay is good and traditional metroid outside of the fucking handholding. the story is shit
>>
>>382107902
Yeah, but if the gameplay is good, is it a bad game?
>>
Good gameplay? Good game.
>>
>>382107384
>but with good gamplay
gee, why do gamers like games with good gameplay? what could possibly be the correlation?
>>
What, you thought everyone hated Other M just because of the story?
I liked Fusion's story actually
>>
We? I fucking love this game though
>>
The story was just as shitty, but there was less of it. You could enjoy a solid chunk of gameplay between cutscenes in Fusion; Other M forced a cutscene on you every second hallway.
>>
I love the game but it's true that the story was not that good (the X armor that follows you was fucking great though) and the handholding was shit
But I think it shows that there's potential in a story oriented metroid
>>
>>382109616
I can understand the logic to it (and by extension, Metroid II back when) though: the game has to be designed with portable play in mind, so a huge labyrinthine world to explore is counter-intuitive to the "play for a short moment and come back later" style that a handheld device brings with. So both tried solving the problem with adapting to that in different ways: Metroid II was far more linear than the first game, less about a natural exploration and more about completing "stages". Fusion had a similar set up, but the world was split into more "classic" chunks of Metroid, and then they threw in a navigator to recap where you were heading next or should head next after a power up was acquired. That they thought of a way to incorporate that into the narrative is a little clever.

Still, they learned their lessons and you can see that since Zero Mission is a much more proper "Metroid world", and all the navigation tips after the first are completely optional with the right playing.
>>
>>382107384
/v/ hates this game. where have you been?
>>
/v/ is full of prime babbies
>>
>>382110316
speak for yourself faggot
>>
>>382107384

Every Metroid game is garbage. Waifu virgins need to fuck off.
>>
I will summary the only reason why people shits on fusion: you can't sequence break and that one time you do the game congratulate you but send you back to follow the normal path.
>>
>>382110479
Weakest bait of the thread yet fag
>>
>>382110528
/v/ is full of people who hate sequence breaking
as soon as discussion of sequence breaking begins, some faggot always chimes in with bullshit like "hurr durr muh glitches speedrunning autism"
>>
>>382107384
>we
>>
File: 1497840210342.png (144KB, 395x396px) Image search: [Google]
1497840210342.png
144KB, 395x396px
>judging a Metroid game by its story
>>
>>382107384
>video game
>good gameplay

youve answered your own question
>>
>>382110757
>wuz
>>
>>382110642
To be fair, the most obvious sequence break in Prime was only in the Gamecube original NTSC release and was patched out in the Trilogy version because it was an exploit the designers never intended.
>>
>>382109616
>the X armor that follows you
*scripted events where you can't interact or section where you have to run down a path and trial and error where you can hide
>>
>>382110874
That's true and it sucks, but people will still deny that Super and ZM had intentionally designed sequence breaking.
>>
>>382107902
... and? That makes it a good game. Mario 3's story is retarded, but that game is great.
>>
>>382110642

But it's true, sequence breaking is a programing flaw. The devs acknowledge this.

Metroid is so shitty, it's only strong points are glitches.
>>
>>382111198
Is that why they add cutscenes to Super which teach you to sequence break and add additional routes in Zero Mission that only sequence breakers need to use?
>>
>>382111198
>Metroid is so shitty, it's only strong points are glitches
>not Metroid is so great, even it's mistakes make it better
I bet you'd die of thirst because your glass was half empty
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.