[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay, so this game was pretty challenging on normal. It get difficult

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: image.png (177KB, 256x363px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
177KB, 256x363px
Okay, so this game was pretty challenging on normal. It get difficult after the first 4 stages and only goes up. The difficulty drops for stage 7 only and then spikes up for the final stage. That shit was on normal.

On hard, akujiku is a fucking Ethiopian most of the time, the enemies guard more often and they attack steath dashes more often. I'm on the final stage on hard atm and i cant for the life of me beat the final boss. I cant even imagine how difficult super might be.

Fuck shinobi. Idk why i ever bothered picking it back up.
>>
>>382098572
are you playing as moritsune?
>>
>>382100021
No. I'm playing as hotsuma. I was already in so deep from collecting the oboro coins that i figured that i should finish hard mode with hotsuma.
>>
You should try the sequel, Nightshade, as well. It wasn't quite as hard in places, but I would say the final boss was harder than Hiruko, and Hiruko was pretty hell. Still a very challenging game none the less with some improvements made, and you can play as hotsuma as a bonus with the exact same moveset from the first game, using the same model and everything.

He's essentially the Moritsune of the game, being that he has to worry about Akujiki killing the shit out of him, but he does far more damage.
>>
>>382098572
>Fuck shinobi.

No fuck you. Giving you a bump for posting a thread about this game though. Underrated gem on PS2.
>>
>>382100328
>but I would say the final boss was harder than Hiruko, and Hiruko was pretty hell.
I don't remember it being that hard. At least when compared to Hiruko.

Also.

I CALL FORTH THE ICY TOUCH OF DEATH!

His quotes has almost been burned into my head.
>>
>>382098572
>I cant even imagine how difficult super might be.

Everything has twice as much health and boss projectiles are faster. I don't know if enemies block more than hard mode because I've only played normal and super, but they block a lot.

>>382100328
>but I would say the final boss was harder than Hiruko

Nah not even close. There's a method for beating him quick every time. Hiruko is just fucking chaos.
>>
>>382098572
>beat shinobi on hard
>PAL version dont have super difficult
Why? Fucking why!?
>>
>>382101141

You got easy mode instead!
>>
>>382101185
Fuck you!
>>
>>382101247

Easy mode's the only difficulty where you can get a guaranteed kill on the last boss though, since you can just kill him with ninpo.
>>
>>382101318
I don't care about ninpo. I beat it on hard and want to start in on super, but nooooooooo.

Even japanese version don't have super. Fucking burgers! At least PAL version have superior box cover.
>>
>>382098572
The only stage I had issues with on normal was the one with the rising water that's a one hit kill. I also wanna fuck the final boss.
>>
>>382101608

For what it's worth, Super as Hotsuma is kind of a fucking chore honestly. The basic little baby ninjas take two back hits to kill, and so do the fucking ninja dogs. Once you get to the stage 8 ninjas it takes like 5-6 back hits just to kill one.

Plus Super kind of breaks the game's rule of all the bosses being one-shottable if you're playing as Hotsuma because of 6-B, and even Hiruko really fucking stretches the rule since the only way to do it on him is to hit him in the back with a charged sword while your sword is maxed out or somehow get a backhit on him while he's on the wall.

You're really not missing that much.

When you get that charged sword in his back and one-shot Hiruko though it's the sweetest feeling.
>>
>>382102048

Will say though that if you're okay with emulating it and downloading a US iso I can give you my save files with everything unlocked so you can try it.
>>
>>382100328
So strange they picked Hotsuma over Joe in that game, but I'm not complaining. Speaking of which, Sega seems to want to revive their old IPs. Do you think Shinobi has a chance of coming back?
>>
>>382098572

Is this the same game (series)? You play as 5 (color) ninja dudes through levels. The ninjas got "powers" according to their color.
>>
>>382102204

Yeah. I've never seen anybody talk about this though. People only really talk about revenge of shinobi, shinobi 3, and the PS2 game.
>>
File: 1476301641492.gif (986KB, 684x387px) Image search: [Google]
1476301641492.gif
986KB, 684x387px
>>382102116
No, thanks. I'm so tired fighting with last boss on hard and get nothing in result. I need a break.

But someday i got my revenge.
>>
>>382102865

If you ever decide to get back into it there's actually a little (dead) PS2 Shinobi discord.

https://discord.gg/J54xjk

I've coached a few random twitch streamers through Hiruko before, I can help you out.
>>
I love this game its like my go-to example of a (Semi) modern 3d action game with no rpg elements, its literally the game that taught me the gloriousness of the feeling of leveling up in real life rather than the game, going back tot he first 3 stages that were so impossible before and just smoothly going through them all
>>
>>382103005
Thanks, but i barely can write correctly in english.

And i dont have problem with Hiruko anymore. He's a massive faggot, but i can handle it.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.