[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright, I can't lie to myself anymore: the Nintendo Switch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 9

File: video04.jpg (129KB, 628x352px) Image search: [Google]
video04.jpg
129KB, 628x352px
Alright, I can't lie to myself anymore: the Nintendo Switch is pretty fucking awesome.

Originally, I was pretty skeptical. I'm not a pony or a boner, or even a mustard racer, but I told myself that the Switch was a mistake and that I hated it, because I'm an oldfag who wanted a console like the SNES or the N64 and shunned anything different or new. I was that anon, posting hateful memes and arguing against it. In truth, the console has its flaws, but I realized: this is literally the best thing that Nintendo has done since 2006, and moreover, it is the closest thing to a classic Nintendo console we've had since then as well.

Moreover, it's the best thing in gaming right now. It's a cool console, with a cool look, a cool name, and a few cool games. It isn't named after a dick, you don't need to waggle it to make it work, it has one of the most highly rated games of all time right out of the gate, and compared to two consoles which are literally by-the-numbers black box watered-down PC trash, it is actually something unique.

Yes, the specs are underpowered, the battery life isn't the best and it lacks certain features that you would expect a modern console to have. But frankly, these are minor gripes compared to those of this console's competitors, which are happy to stew in the shit of mediocrity.

So, tell me, why aren't you buying a Switch? Because I am.
>>
Ill buy it with a hardware update

otherwise I'll wait until it gets more games because it has probably the poorest console release since ps3
>>
File: 1495680665525.png (73KB, 290x200px) Image search: [Google]
1495680665525.png
73KB, 290x200px
>>382098159
>otherwise I'll wait until it gets more games because it has probably the poorest console release since ps3
I'm not saying it doesn't have flaws, because it does, but let's be realistic here: the Switch launch has been a success, if only a monetary one, whereas the PS3 launch was a complete fucking disaster of epic proportions. Sony is still recovering from that shit.
>>
File: 20170303_123251-1.jpg (3MB, 3036x1647px) Image search: [Google]
20170303_123251-1.jpg
3MB, 3036x1647px
I tend to buy whatever hardware which interests me because I'm not a child who still lives with mummy and daddy.

I own pretty much every major console from the past 30 years. From this gen alone I have a PS4, Wii U, 3DS and now a Switch.

Switch is a great console, it's to overstate how great it feels just to be able to pick the thing up and take it anywhere, I'm looking forward to buying a couple more docks so I can just move the tablet from room to room with ease.

At the moment, software is a little thin but the console had only just launched. BotW is a modern masterpiece in gaming but I already own Mario Kart 8 on Wii U (a must buy for switch owners if you've never played it before).

All in all, I dig the Switch. It's different. It feels like a fresh idea in a stagnant landscape.
>>
>pretty awesome
It really isn't, its weaker than the wii u and has even less games
>>
>>382098159
It's not going to get a hardware update until Volta can be mass produced in 3 to 4 years. Sorry bub, either buy a Switch now or wait for what is essentially the next gen Switch.
>>
No reason to buy one until late 2018 once it actually has a decent library.
>>
>>382098961
You know people can google this shit and that most people on /v/ already know you're lying, so what's the point of doing so?
>>
File: 1498572108028.jpg (83KB, 577x624px) Image search: [Google]
1498572108028.jpg
83KB, 577x624px
>>382098961
>It really isn't, its weaker than the wii u and has even less games
It isn't weaker dude, you are literally retarded if you think that. It isn't a huge graphical leap, but weaker? No.

Also, you seem to conveniently forget that it has been out for all of a few months and already has a better library than 90% of consoles do by this point.
>>
>>382098286
the actions of stupid consumers does not dictate the overall quality of a console launch
>>
>>382097993
Really? i regret my purchase. It's literally wiiu 2.0, the exact same game list.
>>
>>382099015
You won't be able to buy one until then anyway. You should have preorder when you had the chance.
>>
>>382099076
Prove it.
>>
>>382099076
Then why did you buy it retard?
>>
>Look up general opinions on the Switch
>All this talk about how "I never leave the thing in the dock! I just always have it with me and play it everywhere!"
>Meanwhile, my Switch is almost always in its dock, because I never really want to play video games while I'm out

I mean, it's sometimes nice to just play a game while lying in bed, but the thing has practically never left the dock since I got it on launch. I just don't see any reason to take it out.

Maybe if I lived in a large city instead of a town, things would be different, but I really doubt it.
>>
File: Nintendronest.jpg (58KB, 366x562px) Image search: [Google]
Nintendronest.jpg
58KB, 366x562px
Welcome to the hourly nintendo shill thread!
>>
>>382099074
>the actions of stupid consumers

Yeah. Ok. Nothing to with Sony being idiots.
>>
>>382098980
I'm okay with that

zelda seems cool but I'm not gonna get this overpriced and flimsy thing totalling around 400 eurobux to play one game

e3's announcements have been very underwhelming and I see very little to none cool shit on the near horizon that appeals to me
>>
>>382098980
Volta isn't even a mobile SoC and even if there's such a version in the future it would be too far of a leap to be just an incremental hardware upgrade. Might as well be a full blown succesor.
>>
>>382099146
Look at the E3 game list. It's getting the same wiiu game (kirby, xeno, musou, etc) )while missed multiplats.
>>
>>382099181
To be honest mine is mostly in the dock but I take it out and play with it in bed.

That sounds way worse than I meant it to.
>>
>>382099307
Yeah, that's what I said. They are working on a mobile version of Volta though, and likely the Switch 2 will be using that architecture to have the same performance as a PS4 does now asked drawing even less power.
>>
I'll buy one when it gets hacked. As it is now the Switch library doesn't have any games that particularly interest me and E3 was a disaster, but it might be worth it if I can get every game for free.
>>
>>382099181
The textures and resolution at times looks like shit on portable mode. I'm not sure if it's just me but BotW looks much better on a TV that isn't huge.
>>
File: 1482182735124.jpg (159KB, 580x645px) Image search: [Google]
1482182735124.jpg
159KB, 580x645px
I've been a nintenbro my entire life. They have never done wrong in my eyes, but so far this has collected more dust than my wii u with a non working gamepad.
It will eventually be what I want it to be, but the fact of the matter is it isn't worth it yet. A month from now when splatoon is out it finally starts to be somewhat substantial and will go uphill from there, but now it's just a piece of hardware I wish had something I want to play on it.
>>
>>382099181
I live in a large city and travel by public transport a lot. Playing BotW on the go is fucking awesome man.
>>
>>382099451
The main problem is that there is a stock shortage in 90% of the world right now that will likely last until next year. You already own one as do I but people who opted to wait are screwed.
>>
>>382097993
Ahhhhhhhh... Smells like fresh pasta.
>>
File: 1495523019185.jpg (2MB, 1280x2077px) Image search: [Google]
1495523019185.jpg
2MB, 1280x2077px
>>382099451
I never knew nin-toddler is auto filtered to nintenbro
>>
>>382099609

Sonybros and xbots aren't filtered, funny right?
>>
>>382099528
Just try and get one from NZ or maybe Aus, I know here in NZ the stores are packed with them since no one owns one here.
>>
>>382097993
>So, tell me, why aren't you buying a Switch?
Because I'm buying New 2DS XL. I don't see the point in buying a console until it has an established library of games and piracy scene.
>>
>>382099701

wait sonyg-gers are filtered, that's new to me.
>>
>>382097993

If you look at is a handheld, it's pretty amazing the kind of games it can run. I've always been a console person, but I can see why Nintendo took this route. Their handhelds have always done well, and if this does just as well as the 3DS, it's going to have great support. I'd rather they have good support than have a more powerful stationary console that has too few games. I go where the games are.
>>
>>382099703
Overpriced.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.