[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you say is the greatest rpg ever created, and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1350752065987220772.jpg (178KB, 636x353px) Image search: [Google]
1350752065987220772.jpg
178KB, 636x353px
What would you say is the greatest rpg ever created, and why is it kotor 2?
>>
File: Planescape-torment-box.jpg (90KB, 402x500px) Image search: [Google]
Planescape-torment-box.jpg
90KB, 402x500px
>>382091613
um no sweetie
>>
>kotor
No matter how many times i start this game i cant finish either one. The combat is some of the most boring shit i have had to deal with outside of neptunia.
>>
What the fuck is going on with 4chan, it said this thread got deleted and now suddenly it's back? Saw same thing happen to another thread, what the fuck is this
>>
>>382091613
Jade Empire is better than KotOR. prove me wrong.

>>382091723
why is this gif suddenly becoming popular again? Is it just really strong thread derailing bait?
>>
This thread (and other kotor threads) made me check the game, and it looks like shit.

Why is it so good according to you? Or it's actually garbage like everything /v/ likes?
>>
>>382091939
Its has really dated combat that will put you to sleep but it has a pretty interesting story.
>>
>>382092121
>Its has really dated combat that will put you to sleep
It has a D20 combat system that isn't 1:1 button pressing like most western RPGs these days. Calling it boring says more about you than I think you realize.
>>
>>382091613

Some of my favorite writing and characters in any video game anywhere, and by far the best commentary on morality in the Star Wars universe.

Game is boring as fuck though. Would have made a good book.
>>
File: harmless protocol droid.jpg (76KB, 301x304px) Image search: [Google]
harmless protocol droid.jpg
76KB, 301x304px
>>382091723
MEATBAGS
>>
>>382091939
Personal opinion, what I liked about KotOR was that it was totally disconnected from everything that came before it. R2D2 wasn't going to randomly dart across the road in front of you. You weren't going to receive a random fetch quest from Luke. It focused on something other than the Skywalker family and showed a much larger scope. When the Jedi and equally the sith were commanding forces that dominated life in the galaxy but somehow also managing to tell these much smaller stories.

Just look at the amount of stuff you can do in the Taris slums. Pretty much none of them are ever going to go off world so it takes that macro focus and puts it under a microscope. Fuck the swoop bike race, though. There was literally no reason for that besides reminding people that Podracer on 64 was the last good star wars game.

If you actually spec characters and give them builds as well as equipping them in accordance with those builds you can become so fucking OP it's unreal. It rewards you for paying attention.
>>
>and why is it kotor 2?
Because Kreia is easily the best rpg companion.
>>
>>382092781
I think the amount of praise Kreia gets shows just how badly video games in general had ever handled a character with any sort of complex duality. She's good, don't get me wrong, but she's fairly standard in narrative terms. The lauding of the writing in regards to her makes me wonder if anyone who plays video games has ever watched a movie or read a book.
>>
>>382092254
>It has a D20 combat system that isn't 1:1 button pressing like most western RPGs these days.
You sure are selling me on the combat not being boring.
>Calling it boring says more about you than I think you realize.
Oh well
>>
>>382092978
It's turn based combat. Calling it dated is retarded. If all you want is to flick your mouse and effortlessly cut shit in half play the Jedi Knight games.
>>
>>382091613
that's not gothic 2
>>
>>382093053
Alright calling turn based combat dated was stupid and thats my bad but its still boring as fuck.
>>
>>382091613
The restored content mod helps it out a hellva whole lot, but even with it I don't it can in anyway be called the best rpg. By the time you leave telos the game practically plays itself. Halfway though the first post telos planet you should be close to the point where you can get force storm and then it absolutely plays itself. And that is its biggest problem, horrible balancing. Even on the hardest difficulty it becomes laughably easy before you're even at the halfway point and only gets more and more broken the further along you get.
The story is pretty good if you have a problem with the black and white morality that's shoved down your throat in every other star wars movie, book, and game. But ultimately the problem with its story is essentially that's all it is, just saying that everything isn't so cut and dry as black and white that kotor 1 (and by extension every other star wars story) portrays things as.
I still think its a great game, I play through it once or twice at every six months. But the greatest rpg it is not.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.