[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm in the mood for one of the newer CRPGs, either PoE,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Path-of-Exile-Box.jpg (214KB, 426x600px) Image search: [Google]
Path-of-Exile-Box.jpg
214KB, 426x600px
I'm in the mood for one of the newer CRPGs, either PoE, Tyranny, Divinity, or Wasteland 2. Anyone play those or have any input?
>>
pillars of eternity, all the rest is unbalanced shit
>>
>>382084890

Whoops, posted the other PoE image.
>>
>>382084890
Divinity. Pillars / Tyranny are shit tier wannabes. They gutted any kind of min/maxing through diminishing returns and failure itemization. No more going super glass cannon to one shot everything but also be one shot, or get so much fire resist that you're immune to your own fireballs and then just nuke yourself and everyone around you. Pillars and Tyranny are truly the biggest disappointments in the cRPG revival timeline.
>>
>>382085184
Oh and one last thing - the combat is strict holy trinity due to how the classes and ai works. Everything is so forced in how you setup your party and play it that it becomes a slog early on.

As for Divinity, there's alot of cool spell interactions and interesting mechanics to use/abuse. Pillars has the better atmosphere and graphics, but overall gameplay is gonna be the thing that keeps you going in either game since Pillars / Tyranny's writing isn't good enough to hold it through the bad gameplay design.>>382084890
>>
poe and tyranny mimic the feel and mechanics of older crpgs

divinity breaks out of the mould and provides a different experience with a fully 3d world with big maps and rotating, swiveling camera and turn based combat system

dunno about wasteland
>>
Poe is very good
Divos and tyranny are shit
>>
poe updates with 6 new acts in like a month

wait for it
>>
Divinity > PoE > Wasteland 2 > Tranny. You probably shouldn't trust anyone else but me.
>>
>>382084890
Path of Exile is shit, it's full of deliberate noob-traps and unbalanced enemies, the loot makes korean grindfest MMOs look good and GGG's default response to any bug is "user error", or "this is intentional" until they patch it 9 months later because Reddit made a thread about it that week
>>
>>382084890
I liked all of them. They're worth every penny I spent desu.
>>
File: 1495861514333.jpg (56KB, 618x376px) Image search: [Google]
1495861514333.jpg
56KB, 618x376px
>>382084890
>CRPG
>PoE

end your life today
>>
>>382087224
>>382088274

He's talking about Pillars of Eternity but he's a fucking idiot for using PoE for a game that already has been using that acronym for a long time.
>>
>>382088419
also for posting that picture
>>
>>382085576

>turn based combat

Why can't PoE do this? It was a terrible design decision to make BG real time combat and it is terrible in PoE. It makes positioning near impossible in 90% of situations and you're constantly pausing/unpausing. DnD is not real time, why are games that want to emulate DnD real time?
>>
>>382084890
Divinity is probably the best crpg experience out of all mentioned, but it's kinda dragged out. Combat is fucking great though
PoE has arguably better writing and more classic baldur's gate vibes, it's really good but falls short here and there.
Tyranny is a huge fucking disappointment. It has an amazing setting and crazy ambitious plot predisposition, but then it gradually forgets everything good and becomes a shitty meme fest with poorly written characters and to top it all it ends right where it gets interesting. Play for first couple of hours and delete
Never played Wasteland, so idk
>>
Path of Exile is a better game than those. Just saying.

Also, Pillars has a very poor narrative, the characters are fairly lifeless, it drags, and if you're hoping it is anywhere near as good as Baldur's Gate 2 you will be sadly disappointed.
>>
>>382088784
The only parts I liked about Tyranny over PoE were the spellcrafting and overall combat since skills were generally more interesting. The idea behind the story was more interesting too (PoE was honestly really forgettable), but like you said the characters are shit in comparison and the ending is a slap in the face.
>>
>>382088670
the real time system of bg2 and iwd were fantastic, but the stars aligned with it and you need actual character development and simplistic ai for it to be worth doing right. personally i like the system but developers need to understand why it worked in the older games and why its fucking ass terrible in PoE / Tyranny.
>>
>>382084890
Divinity: OS is the best of that lot and it's a 6/10. Try the Avernum remake or Underrrail.
>>
>>382089635
How can you be so right and so wrong at the same time.
>>
Im going to give PoE 15 bucks just to spite blizzard.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.