[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Memes aside, this game is worse than Castlevanina 2. And the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: Cotm-na.jpg (269KB, 1000x984px) Image search: [Google]
Cotm-na.jpg
269KB, 1000x984px
Memes aside, this game is worse than Castlevanina 2.
And the problem of both is the same:
Trying to combine different styles and being shit in both.
>>
Yet it still has better controls and combat than the other GBA games.
>>
>>382084485
It's the best game in the series.
>>
>>382084565
>controls
I disagree, playing this back to back with Harmony of Dissonance made that game's dash system feel liberating.
>>
>>382084565
The controls are not bad, but pales in comparison to HoD and AoS.
The graphics are the best of the trilogy, in my opinion though.
>>
Rate this series from best to worst
>>
>>382084714
Dashing is lulzy but isn't really solid mechanically; Juste controls like a bar of soap on acid. Mashing shoulder buttons to move also wasn't much better than double-tapping the D-pad once to sprint.

Worst flaw with the game really is the RNG drops for spells, which is bad although not nearly as bad as the RNG in the Sorrow games. OoE was more like CV2 than this.
>>
>>382084925
I can't yet, I am playing all of them in release order, this one is the worse till now.
>>
>>382084925
Doing exclusively Metroidvanias:

PoR > CotM > OoE > Aria > Dawn > HoD

Haven't played SotN.
>>
>>382084925
CotM > SotN > AoS > OoE > DoS > PoR > HoD > MoF
>>
>>382084485
t. igarashi
>>
>>382086643
Also

CV3 > SCV4 > Rondo > Bloodlines > CV1 > Rebirth > Simon's Quest
>>
I really really like dawn of sorrow, but maybe it's just because it's the first one I played.

it boggles the mind that konami made these games and now they're in the gambling business, what happened to all the pixel artists and gameplay designers? did they quit being game developers?
>>
CotM and OoE were the only games in the series on the GBA and DS I liked
>>
>CoTM
>anything short of great

kill yourself
>>
>>382088637
Why does everyone suck OoE's dick? It's good but it's hardly great. Game is basically a glorified boss rush for crying out loud; there are like five levels which are literally just a giant corridor
>>
Does anyone else agree that the only major problem the IGA games have is that they're too fucking easy?
>>
Circle of the Moon was the first Castlevania game I played. I also put a fuckload of time into it.

I could never get over the fact that you could kill Dracula with kung fu. Mars + Thunderbird, baby.
>>
>>382088993
>Game is basically a glorified boss rush for crying out loud
There we go.
>>382089087
And also predictable as fuck.
They also reuse the absolute fuckout of SotN/Rondo enemies. I hate it.
>>
>>382089337
>They also reuse the absolute fuckout of SotN/Rondo enemies.
i think they update the art of a lot of them, but people barely even notice it
>>
>>382089572
Doesn't matter if the AI is still the exact same.
Case in point: the fucking spear knight.
>>
>>382084485

Circle is fine. it's a bit, like crude sorta since it's an early GBA game.

Harmony is an outright mess.

Aria is god damn golden. The only one I actually own.
>>
>>382088993
I had more fun with Albus mode than anything in the other games. It's basically a Mega Man game at that point.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.