[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I already know that this thread will attract a bunch of console-warring

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 8

File: street-fighter[1].png (419KB, 640x716px) Image search: [Google]
street-fighter[1].png
419KB, 640x716px
I already know that this thread will attract a bunch of console-warring shitposters, but all that can fuck right off. I'm legitimately curious.

Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with Capcom lately that this is the only game that they're releasing for the Switch? More specifically, the only game Capcom is releasing for Nintendo platforms in the west this year?
>Yet another release of Street Fighter 2, one in which that nobody asked for, and being sold for $30 too much
>Capcom releasing the Disney Afternoon Collection for literally every system but Nintendo systems
>Despite the fact that all of said games included in the collection were originally released on the NES
>Even DuckTales: Remastered sold the most on the Wii U despite having the lowest install base
>Monster Hunter XX isn't being localized for the west for who knows how long
>Monster Hunter: Stories is the only other Capcom game being brought over, which is simply bizarre
You would think what with the Switch being Nintendo's newest console, as well as being a hybrid, that Capcom would try and secure that shit right away. Is this just a situation of Capcom making the poorest decisions at the most inconvenient of times?
>>
>>382084467
bump i guess
>>
Capcom needs to die
>>
>>382084467
Sony gave them money to cuck switch
>>
>>382084467
I made this thread last week and had some legitimate discussion.

There's also the thing with the Megaman Legacy collection being on everything besides Nintendo platforms. Not even 3DS. Maybe USFII did poorly and they got turned off.
>>
>>382086095
.>Capcom basing consumer interest on yet another port of a game no one really wanted
I'd believe it.
>>
I can't wait until Capcom announces some new Switch games over the next year and paranoid retards like you shut up for good
>>
I'm just parroting baseless rumors here, but didn't sony pay capcom a considerable sum of money to stay away from nintendo? Or is that just for monster hunter? Either way it's REALLY obvious capcom has been avoiding the switch like the plague, with USFII being announced alongsides the system itself and thus before anyone even knew what the switch really had going for it (so before sony had a chance to bite back)

I know this post might trigger a lot of you retards looking to fuel a flame war, but I really only want to know what the hell is going on and I don't hate sony, specially since these are just rumors with zero evidence
>>
>>382086095
>Capcom is surprised a re re re re re re re release of an almost thirty year old game sold at full price didn't sell well
You really got to wonder if they are retarded or not at this point.
>>
File: hg30h9blbrbzcceub66y[1].jpg (101KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
hg30h9blbrbzcceub66y[1].jpg
101KB, 800x600px
>>382086095
>>Maybe USFII did poorly and they got turned off.
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if it did poorly, considering no one wants to buy yet another re-release of USF2, but if Capcom seriously bases their expectations on that, then that's seriously fucked up, and just shows how fucking retarded internally they are.
I guess companies are still wary about the Switch though, considering how bad the Wii U performed, but at the same time, they should still be trying to support it regardless to try and get people on board. The Switch is at least performing well enough so far, and selling a million units in Japan is promising.

>>382086396
>>I can't wait until Capcom announces some new Switch games over the next year and paranoid retards like you shut up for good
Good. I would hope they prove me wrong.
>>
pusi
>>
>>382086452
I still have doubts of whether or not that's true, and honestly I think it's illegal to pay off companies not to support other products nowadays, considering Microsoft and Sony had gotten into it about the very subject years ago.
>>
>>382086095
all these decisions with Megaman Collection 2 and Disney Collection and MonHun were made year before

Sony bankrolled new MonHun to be on PS4 with specific condition to cuck Switch and Switch only.

That led Nintendo to say: "ah you want to promote and market MonHun without us now, okay -- *cancels plans to localise and publish MHXX*".

So Capcom now has to do the marketing themselves and they can't do it since they're ass broke.
>>
>>382084467
Gaming as a whole would be better if Capcom died and their IPs went around to companies that actually cared about them and would use them. I'd honestly like to see Nintendo acquire Megaman, he'd probably get a decent fucking game.
>>
>>382084467
SF2 is basically the perfect SF game for handing off a joycon to someone else and just playing a few rounds.
They would also have to optimize SFV for it to play well on the Switch. It's seriously a mess when it comes to optimization and some of that is just coming from UE.
>>
>>382086634
>*action*
the early 2000s called. they don't want their shitty RP-chat back
>>
>>382086706
Who would do all the fun crossovers, though?
>>
I think what bothers me, and most people, is the fact that Capcom has been very hush hush about anything related to the Switch. Like, they could at least reassure people that they have plans for supporting it, but they're being so fucking secretive about it that it essentially spiraled out of control.
>>
File: 97208_front.jpg (106KB, 640x907px) Image search: [Google]
97208_front.jpg
106KB, 640x907px
>>382086846
Cross zone is god awful and carried by fanservice alone
[franchise] vs capcom is pretty much dead in the water from recent reports, with chances of anything other than marvel vs capcom appearing being close to 0
>>
>>382086493
>>382086792
USF2 sold 16k in it's launch week IN JAPAN. Can't find any other regions or digital.
I bought a copy because I wanted to support Capcom
>>
>>382087087
I would have probably gotten it if it was at least half that price. $40 for another re-release of USF2? Jesus fuck.
>>
this version of sf2 is fucked up. Fireballs do a shit ton of damage.
>>
>>382087191
I bought it because I though we would get MHXX in the west. Fuck Capcom
>>
File: 1492615632645.png (18KB, 230x228px) Image search: [Google]
1492615632645.png
18KB, 230x228px
>>382087076
>Still no Nintendo vs Capcom
We got a taste in Sm4sh, but I want more.
>>
File: 1498183403587.jpg (97KB, 694x448px) Image search: [Google]
1498183403587.jpg
97KB, 694x448px
>>382087235
>Article about Capcom basing their development on the Switch off of USF2
>People think oh shit, we better buy USF2
>Switch version of MHXX gets announced a few days later
>Phew, guess that was a bullshit article, MHXX is pretty much a guaranteed localization
>Capcom says fuck you and says that they have no plans to localize MHXX "at this time"
>The entire MHXX debacle in general
>>
>>382086623
Konami got everyone that sided with Kojima blacklisted with them and all their partners, even fucking insurance and health care companies. Business in Japan is nuts.
>>
>>382087393
>dante vs wonder blue
INFINITE BANTER
>>
>>382087829
>implying the game wouldn't just focus on Capcom characters who've appeared on Nintendo consoles
>>
>>382087701
Well, who really knows. I mean, if the rumors are true, then Sony has been mad at Nintendo from day one, so I guess we'll see whether or not they're actually trying to bring it down. I honestly wouldn't be surprised at this point.
Still, Kojima is just one person, not a whole company, and Nintendo must have an equal amount of yakuza on their side anyway.
>>
>>382086823
He's a Nintendo fan.
>>
>>382086846
We haven't had a fun crossover in years though and MvC Infinity is looking to be fucking garbage.
I'm also sure if Nintendo can get Capcom, Namco and Square characters in Smash then someone can get some sort of crossover game going if Capcom died.
>>
>>382088239
>is looking to be fucking garbage
You mean definitely is going to be.
I played the demo and it was fucking horrid.
>>
>>382084467

They are poor as fuck and are seeking a big 10 million seller instead of just releasing a bunch of smaller titles that are efficiently made and bring in steady cash flow like they should be doing.
>>
File: MvCI pre-order.png (1MB, 1278x719px) Image search: [Google]
MvCI pre-order.png
1MB, 1278x719px
>>382088331
>Finish demo
>pls pre-order the game and buy our season pass!
I was insulted.
>>
>>382088331
>mfw I didn't even finish the demo
>ALL THOSE LOADING ZONES
>>
>>382088383
>are seeking a big 10 million seller
except they are releasing new MonHun on a less popular platform than before, because that totally makes sense
>>
>>382088692

Didn't say they were being smart about it. They are simply desperate.
>>
>>382088692
Wasn't the latest MH the lowest selling one in a long time?
>>
Is there anyone here who is still boycotting Capcom since the cancellation of Mega Man Legends 3?
>>
>>382088803

I'm not really boycotting them, I just haven't bought anything since Dragon's Dogma.
>>
>>382088428
>Deluxe Edition featuring 6 Premium Costumes
>Deluxe Edition - 4 Premium Costumes
?
>>
Overpriced as it was, I broke down a bought it.
>>
File: MH Top 15 Global.png (64KB, 959x893px) Image search: [Google]
MH Top 15 Global.png
64KB, 959x893px
>>382088780
Essentially.
What the reasoning is, who really knows. It could be less interest in X and a desire for a more traditional MonHun game, or people just waiting for the Switch version.
>>
>>382088803
there is really no point in boycotting since they haven't released a good game worth buying in more than a decade.
>>
>>382088803
It's not a hard boycott, they just haven't released a good game in a long time
>>
>>382088929
lmao
>>
>>382088976
It also looks worse than it is because of the Japan only release.
>>
>>382084467
I'll buy it if it goes on sale but yeah it's too expensive for a game I've already bought multiple times
>>
>>382089227
That is also very, very true. Good point.
Still, selling 1.51 million in japan alone is good.
>>
Crapcom's bad blood with Nintendo.
>>
>>382087393
>No Capcom vs Nintendo
Why?
>>
>>382088881
Deluxe gives you
>+6 NEW DLC Chars
>+6 PREMIUM costumes
Pre-ordering the deluxe edition gives you
>ANOTHER +4 PREMIUM Costumes
I'd imagine the
+2 PREMIUM Costumes
From standard as well.
>>
>>382084467

same thing they did with SFIV3DS

They don't have what it takes to lead console and handheld generations.
>>
>>382087471
>>Capcom says fuck you and says that they have no plans to localize MHXX "at this time"
Capcom never confirmed or denied plans to localize the game, they denied having said anything about it either way. The "not this time" comment was the response to rumors that an announcement was made, not to the question of XX localization itself.
>>
>>382091376
That was pure damage control after the backlash

>Update: Capcom has reached out to GameSpot to clarify that it has no plans to localize Monster Hunter XX for Switch "at this time." The original story has been updated to reflect that. Originally, when asked, "Are there any plans to bring Monster Hunter XX, the Switch version, over here?" to which a representative for the company clearly replied, "No."

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2017-capcom-not-bringing-switch-version-of-mons/1100-6450954/
>>
>>382086087
I wonder if it's possible for someone to give them money to stop fucking up all their IPs
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.