[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

All opinions about the rest of the game aside, what in the christ-fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 552
Thread images: 73

File: FF_XV_cover_art.jpg (22KB, 250x266px) Image search: [Google]
FF_XV_cover_art.jpg
22KB, 250x266px
All opinions about the rest of the game aside, what in the christ-fucking assfuck is this combat?
Seriously. What is this fucking combat?

It feels like an alpha. Like something slapped together in a week as a proof of concept, but needs expanding upon.

Like some extremely basic character action gameplay that wants to be avant garde, but there's just absolutely zero effort put into.

And what in the fuck was wrong with traditional turn based or Active Time Battle systems that literally made the franchise succesfull? When did the Final Fantasy fanbase stand up and say "We never want to see that again, please experiment haphazardly with retarded new combat systems."?

In-between FF13 and FF15, I just don't understand how Square Enix can be so allergic to creating a normal fucking video game with an actually playable combat system.
>>
File: durrrrrrr.jpg (34KB, 440x476px) Image search: [Google]
durrrrrrr.jpg
34KB, 440x476px
>>382076692
>It's a "turn based is shit, this pseudo gameplay is better and I need not try to prove it" episode.
>>
File: 016.png (334KB, 512x438px) Image search: [Google]
016.png
334KB, 512x438px
>Like some extremely basic character action gameplay that wants to be avant garde
>>
>>382076820
you haven't proven anything other than you're raging autism
>>
File: FFXVGameplay.webm (786KB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
FFXVGameplay.webm
786KB, 700x600px
>>382076424
>All opinions about the rest of the game aside, what in the christ-fucking assfuck is this combat?
>Seriously. What is this fucking combat?

I have no fucking idea and I beat this game. and the only crap you get to make it better is the magic grenades and the royal arm limit break thing.

There are also skills you can spend AP to get but they are completely optional and your AP is better spent on other places.
>>
>>382077258

This game looks really bad.
>>
>>382076424
they want to do new things, 3ven if there is a chance of failure or won't learn from their mistakes.
>>
>>382077431
>This game looks really bad.

it is bad.

>>382076967
what he is basically saying is that FFXV's gameplay tried to be like Devil May Cry 4 but ended up being on par with DmC:Devil May Cry
>>
This ceased to be a Final Fantasy game long ago and only sold because it bears the name "Final Fantasy" on the cover
>>
>>382076424
>three palette swapped spells
>four cutscene summons
>holding button to evade
>practically limitless well of invincibly used healing items
>second health bar
>can revive yourself with a Phoenix Down at death
>mob gauntlets will literally throw the same fight at you multiple times in a row to pad themselves out
>environmental bosses are complete garbage
>enemy hitstun/tells are terrible to nonexistent
How did it manage to fuck up so many things even KH1 got right over a decade ago.
>>
>>382076424
>Seriously. What is this fucking combat?
Hold B to win and try to keep your partners alive.
>>
>>382077940
>It's a Kingdom Hearts fan pretends to know anything about anything episode.

Shitters like you don't get to have an opinion.

No, I'm not a Final Fantasy fan.
>>
File: lewd trash.jpg (138KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
lewd trash.jpg
138KB, 960x1280px
>all these cunny bunny snowflakes that thingsk ffvx has some sort of new gameplay system because they didnt never play FFX12 or Xenoblade Chronicles/XCX

Retards.
>>
>>382078316
>Shitters like you don't get to have an opinion.

why?
>>
>>382078742
>flipping around in the air for no reason mixing up attacks for no reason somehow makes the game deep
>>
>>382078742
>this cherrypicked webm with optional skills

whelp, abandon the thread. XV-kun is here to show down all legitimate criticisms against this game

>>382078920
>when you havnt even played XV.
you want me to post proof?
>>
>>382077661
DmC is far superior to XV, and that's saying something.
>>
>>382079032
>DmC is far superior to XV, and that's saying something.

I know. It's sad when a game made by hacks in Brittan somehow plays better than a fucking FF game.
>>
>>382079034
>Literally nothing you say is ever true.
Abrahamic God could kill Ardyn.
>>
>>382078368
How is this assfuck of a game anything like those games?
>>
>>382076918
This. Who the fuck still cares about Final Fantasy when even other Square series like Bravely have superior gameplay?
>>
>>382079326
That anon had to show how sophisticated and intelligent he is by making a retarded comparison, you see.
>>
Turn based is old and out dated and needs to be removed from gaming all together
>>
>>382079380
>Flipping around to do airsteps to avoid the rockets while staying agile and getting in aerial hits
Or you could just kill it with magic. Or Armiger. Or ally techs. Or the ring. Or murder it from the ground, where it's safer and you do more damage.
>>
>>382078368
Xenoblade Chronicles plays fucking nothing like FFXV and thank fucking god for that.
>>
>>382079380
>Nothing is cherrypicked and it's how you're supposed to be playing

by using optional skills?

>>382079606
he's just using OPTIONAL skills to try and make FFXV's combat look "good"
>>
>>382079380
>No it isn't you samefagging piece of shit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4JORFuKI36A
>>
Reminder to git gud.
>>
File: xv-kun in action.jpg (95KB, 424x694px) Image search: [Google]
xv-kun in action.jpg
95KB, 424x694px
Oh boy, oh another thread of "no u"
>>
>>382079797
it's so easy to "git gud" I bet DSP would have no problems beating XV
>>
>>382079673
>XV kun actually keeps copypasta of past responses around
>he still doesn't know Abrahamic God isn't referring to a category of gods, but a specific deity
>he thinks that insulting people when he's directly shown to be wrong somehow makes him not wrong
>he actually believes any of that shit he's quoted comes close to the stupidity of believing anyone in FFXV comes close to Abrahamic God or that Noctis is the most powerful video game character
>>
I like this game
>>
>>382079884
>Or you could use aerial combat with airsteps, manual warps, weapon switching, warpstrikes
But that is a pointless waste of time. Why would you ever bother.
>>
>>382080261
>>382079884
or use the fucking ring if you have it.
>>
>>382080080
>he's this fucking retarded
Not an argument. Post a better XV 'combo' video, one where the enemy is actually trapped in hitstun for extended periods of time.
>>
>>382079606
>all these different ways to kill enemies

why do people shit on ffxv's combat? Just cause it's not muh turned based nostalgia?
>>
>>382080369
>why do people shit on ffxv's combat?

because it's very boring when the most basic moves can carry you through like 95% of the fights you do in the story.
>>
>>382080369
>why do people shit on ffxv's combat?
Because it plays like shit, your core movesets (weapons) become pretty much pointless endgame, and the effective stuff is incredibly boring and limited.
>>
>>382080369
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mfR06KrKWDU
>>
>>382076424
Yeah, I didn't like it either. If you're used to the kind of gameplay and rules established in Platinum/DMC style action, XV just says fuck it to all of those.
There's no weight or rhythm to combat and enemies were designed with the mentality of being "realistic" rather than videogamey. I actually find the combat system to be kind of unresponsive. There are so many times where you swear you pressed, for example, the blink button, but it doesn't register. Fighting enemies in Duscae or the Vesperpool is also fucking nightmare, as vegetation will constantly block your view. Noctis can't crowd control at all; his combat is very specific enemy focused. That's why you have to rely on Tech Skills, like Gladio's to get you out of a stump--which brings me to my other complaint. This game constantly kills your flow. Tech Skills, link-strikes, and blindside-strikes all take control away from you, and given how many times the can occur in battle, it starts to feel very automated. Getting up after being hit is also so goddamn slow. Magic is overpowered, but I just didn't like wasting one weapon slot for something that works on a timer when I could be using another weapon. Also, when I did need to use Magic, pausing the game, navigating to the Elemancy menu and crafting/equipping magic, I found, is too cumbersome. I also hated how summoning is context based.
>>
>>382080912
>tfw you've been called SBK91 probably a hundred times, and you've made none of these points
>>
>>382080912
I am so glad I will never be this upset about something so trivial
>>
>>382080369

I'm going to assume you're not FFXV-kun or baiting and give you a real answer.

I played FFXV all the way through the post-game. I appreciate it's high points, but the combat is inexcusably lazy and bad.

The reason is this:

You can complete everything in the entire game, post-game included, more or less by holding circle and sometimes pressing square when prompted. Everything else is flair and completely unneeded.

If you 'step it up' on purpose and complicate it for yourself, you can add warp-strike as a "Good" skill. It's useful, breaks things, etc.

But there's so much that just isn't at all used or matters. Like magic. Consumables that require farming at camps and playing Atalier Noctis: Journey of the Hot Topic Boy Band.

The game has good parts, but the combat isn't one of them. It's incredibly simplistic, watered down "Press circle until everything is dead" for 90+% of the player base. This is indefensible.

Why do people need to shill completely one way or the other? A little honesty goes a long way
>>
How come every game not on the PC gets shit posted?
>>
>>382081175
>but pc is why people hate it
Are you retarded
>>
>>382079765

Bravely Default gameplay is FFV on crack.
>>
>>382081008
I know.

>>382081094
I am glad I never resort to an imaginary strawman to make my "Argument" sound "right"

>>382081194
the air combat in FFXV is shit. All you can do is attack or warp strike. Plus some optional shit but only if you had a certain weapon equipped and wasted AP on an unnecessary skill
>>
>>382080912
>so ass blasted he didn't know only Noctis is capable of killing ardyn
Are you stating that as a fact?

>He thinks anyone tried arguing Noctis was the most powerful character
You directly stated so based on the fact he could kill Ardyn. You then said Noctis could kill 'any god'.
>>
>>382076424

The combats fine you just need to git gud.
>>
>>382081129
I actually enjoyed the combat the more I tried to be as efficient as possible instead of holding O.

The warp strikes command attacks positioning different weapon move sets and spells kept things very fresh. Even the size of the enemies needed to have different approaches. And the QTE was just how I wanted it. Nothing flashy just prompt to dodge which you can ignore to do rolls.

My only complaint is the inability to cancel attacks and sometimes I feel the buttons aren't responsive
>>
>people posting about sbk91

How the fuck do people know about this guy on /v/? I recognize the name from the kh2fm boards on gamefaqs but why the hell are you guys posting about him here? The most I've ever seen him do is tell shitters like me how to git fuse at Critical.
>>
>>382081527
xv-kun goes on gamefaqs and he's upset about him for some reason
>>
>>382081194
>How is it when it's shown being useful
It isn't useful. In the time spent messing around doing nothing they could drop a single spell on its head and end the fight outright. It is a pointless waste of time.
>>
>>382081431
>Then don't do basic stuff and do more

but that would mean wasting AP on unneeded skills.

Plus my weapon loadout when I last touched FFXV (whcih was in like February) was:
Ultima Blade
a magic grenade or the ring
2 royal arms for stat boosts

>>382081527
It's not people. It's one guy (XV-kun) who thinks that this SBK91 person is the only guy shitting on XV
>>
>>382077661

All memes aside, DmC has better gameplay than FFXV. You can argue that FFXV has more depth, but those extra layers don't change the fact that the responsiveness of the controls took a backseat to how cinematic the comba is. DmC is an ok action game with a lot to live up to. FFXV was a bad action game that could never live up to a decade of hype.
>>
>>382081194
>Why would I need to do that
Are you saying you can't?

>when an enemy being stuck in a hitstun is neither required to be good
It is the literal definition of a combo. A series of attacks guaranteed to land once the first connects, provided the player doesn't fuck up, as the enemy is trapped in hitstun.

>nor is it even something anyone gives a shit about?
>who cares about good hitstun in an Action game
Are you fucking stupid.
>>
File: 1367456536789.gif (2MB, 236x196px) Image search: [Google]
1367456536789.gif
2MB, 236x196px
>>382076424
>I just don't understand how Square Enix can be so allergic to creating a normal fucking video game with an actually playable combat system.
>>
>>382081697
When you're comparing it to DmC then FFXV battle system is really good.
>>
>>382081431
>No it plays great
What an argument.

>your movesets are useful the entire game
Name one use for the axe mid game on, or guns at any point.
>>
>>382081884
>He'll soon try pretending SBK91 is just a boogeyman.
This is like the 10th one you've had
>>
>>382081867
Axe is to have crit stun for big enemies and the gun is to lure enemies instead of flying right into a crowd and dying.

And pronto can use guns.
>>
>>382082126
I never mentioned KH in any of my posts
>>
>>382081527
Someone tried to guess who was arguing with XV kun one day and one of his guesses was SBK91, XV kun has been obsessed with him ever since.
>>
>>382082193
He always thinks he's arguing with SBK91 so he has to bring it up.
>>
FFXV is pretty bad, FFXV-kun.
>>
>>382082261
>I've been shitting up FFXV threads for years and and shitposting on the FFXV board on gamefags too, while deflecting attention from myself to other gamefag users
ftfy barry
>>
>>382082261
>He's been shitting up FFXV threads on /v/ for months

legitimate complaints is "shtting up"?

>>382082340
reminds me of the faggot over on /a/ who thinks he is arguing against someone named "!Akemi" all the damn time.
>>
>>382076424
it's early access
>>
File: missiles.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
missiles.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>382082448
Rockets are easy to dodge. You don't have to airstep.
>>
>>382081884
>First of all only Noctis being able to kill Ardyn is because only the chosen king can and only Noctis is the chosen king
So are you stating Noctis is the only one who can kill Ardyn, yes or no.

>second of all I wasn't the one in that thread who said he could beat any god.
Yes you were, you were ragging on about SBK91 like you usually do.

>Meanwhile here you are literally so fucking ass blasted that you have to bring up the highest possible power entitity conceivable
Who would murder Ardyn. Something you were actually retarded enough to argue against.

>because you have no actual argument.
If something other than Noctis can kill Ardyn, what does that mean about the statement 'only Noctis can kill Ardyn'?
>>
>>382082006
Cute hostility, but I'm telling you how it is. The average person who played FFXV held circle and pressed square once in awhile and that was the combat system of FFXV as far as they saw the entirety of their experience.

The complete lack of difficulty is probably more the culprit than anything else. If the game actually demanded you to be flexible, utilize warpstrikes consistently, use air combos, armiger, magic, etc... then people would've had to do so. It would've either propelled people into feeling better about the combat, or really served to highlight how bad the combat is when you engage it at at that level.

Either way, the combat falls terribly short because there's nothing in the game that can't be beat by holding down circle and square-ing when prompted on-screen like a QTE.
>>
>>382076424
>When did the Final Fantasy fanbase stand up and say "We never want to see that again, please experiment haphazardly with retarded new combat systems."?
They didn't. The Final Fantasy fanbase is not the target audience, the mass market is. The mass market will not play a turn based game of any sort in the current year.
>>
>>382080721
Not anon but clearly all they did was have high level weapons like royal arms and just kept attacking, them being level 1 meant nothing. Levels as far as I can tell only increase HP and MP so clearly this person had very strong items equipped and possibly ate a meal which increased stats.
>>
File: stormblood.jpg (121KB, 480x515px) Image search: [Google]
stormblood.jpg
121KB, 480x515px
>in between FF13 and FF15

the best FF game in the last decade?
>>
>>382082551
>You mean using AP as it's intended to be used.

I used it on other skills I deemed to be more important than some extra, flashy, shit. Like AP when Camping, AP when driving, more items from Gladios, longer cooking duration, stat ups, etc..

>>382082575
>utilize warpstrikes consistently
this they entice you to use because a warp strike as the finishing blow is 1 AP.
>>
>>382082658
Not like there's a lot of competition
>>
>>382080912
>>382082261
Shut up, bitch.
>>
>>382082158
>Axe is to have crit stun
Axe has no special stun or critical properties, slow attacks and a single hit warpstrike. It's fucking worthless save as a stat booster.

>the gun is to lure enemies
The Bow is better in literally every way but costing HP, which is so trivial it doesn't matter anyway.

>And pronto can use guns.
What does that have to do with their core weapon moveset.
>>
>>382082448
>Except the rockets where being shot at him
Magic takes less than a second to cast. It'd be dead before it even moved into its rocket firing stance. Armiger doesn't care about damage taken during it and ally techs deal uncapped damage and are invincible. There is no reason to dance around the like a retarded fairy.

>to do damage multiplier warpstrike
Which you can do from the ground. Or skip because 90% of warpstrikes aren't good for damage endgame.
>>
>>382080205
same
>>
>>382082978
you keep on using the SBK91 strawman and no one will take you seriously.
>>
>>382083080
it was okay. Needs a lot of fucking work and from the video of the DLCs, does not deliver
>>
>open a FFXV thread for first time in weeks
> FFXV-kun assigned a name to everyone telling him to fuck off

Cute!
>>
File: Ardyn Reviews FFXV.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Ardyn Reviews FFXV.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>382083215
he's been using that name for a long time and it has no real meaning
>>
>>382083215
I think before sbk91 it was Matt for awhile
>>
>>382082978
>Why do I need to bend to your selective whims
What does KH have to do with a comparison between DmC and FFXV.

>Can you show me Dante point warping in any DMC
>he doesn't know what Air Trick is
>he's actually going to start comparing FFXV to DMC proper
Holy Mother of God.

>The definition of a combo is "In video games, a combo (short for combination) is a term that designates a set of actions performed in sequence"
Why are you citing Wikipedia, and why did you leave out half the text and context.

>In video games, a combo (short for combination) is a term that designates a set of actions performed in sequence, usually with strict timing limitations, that yield a significant benefit or advantage. The term originates from fighting games where it is based upon the concept of a striking combination. "
>In fighting games, combo specifically indicates a timed sequence of moves which produce a cohesive series of hits, each of which leaves the opponent unable or almost unable to block or otherwise avoid the following hits in the sequence.
XV's do not have strict timing, do not yield a significant advantage nor benefit, and do not leave the enemy helpless. XV does not have combos.
>>
>>382082604
It's sad, honestly -- the Final Fantasy name has become too big for its own good as a series. At this point they're basically re-inventing the wheel with each game as a concept to be as appealing to a mass market as possible instead of just making a fucking RPG that is entertaining.
>>
>>382083173
>Yeah it is.
Not an argument.

>Axe is good against large enemies
Its DPS is shit and it's slow, there is no reason to ever bother with it.

>the gun on aerial ebemies
Bow is better.

>to equip to Prompto
Who doesn't use its core moveset at all. They're trash.
>>
I think I sold my engine blade, but many forums say you just give it to Cid why does he have it again?
>>
File: laughing_animes.png (460KB, 705x1088px) Image search: [Google]
laughing_animes.png
460KB, 705x1088px
>>382083939
>this entire post
>this entire thread
>>
>>382079027
>Someone has a different opinion than I do. Time to insult them!
>>
>>382083939
>ITT XV kun doesn't know what the word 'exposed' means
>he just says people did it and that means they're here
>>
>>382083939
>was exposed
You saying that anonymous posters are those people isn't proof that they're them
also
>screencapping pasta specifically posted to piss you off
>>
>>382082978
Both KH and XV have little to no hitstuns. You're literally not allowed to punish enemies with combos in the traditional sense. It's why I fucking hate both. The only real "hitstun" in XV is "vulnerable" which is done after breaking an appendage or warping from long distances.

"While Noctis is in an animation of attacking, a player cannot cancel that attack and command him to do other things, including switching weapon, dodge, guard, and so on. So, be careful to only execute combos while an enemy is truly vulnerable."

http://www.finalfantasy15guide.com/guide/combat-mastering-and-mechanics/
>>
>>382084251
>Calling out people shitting on XV is the opposite of shitposting.
Telling them to kill themselves and doxxing them is
>>
>>382084251
>me liking the thing I like isn't shitposting
>others disliking it is
>>
>>382084158
Which KH games have you played? 1 and 2 definitely have hitstun and combos. The webm XV-kun posted is from an environmental boss, comparable to something like the Gigapede from DMC3, which also doesn't have hitstun.
>>
thread is bait. quit getting reeled
>>
>>382084571
>in the game Noctis is the only one capable of killing Ardyn
So your original statement that only Noctis could kill Ardyn was completely fucking wrong?

>there was multiple people going against your shit in that thread
Bullshit, you're the only one who ever accuses others of being SBK91 when they disagree with you.

>Man you really are fucking retarded
What is this in reference to. You don't make some vague reference to claim someone's retarded, you cite a specific fact. Like thinking Abrahamic God wouldn't murder Ardyn.
>>
>>382084858

Except you have no idea what I experienced. I cleared the game, including all the post-game dungeons. I'm glad you feel qualified to tell me what I did and how I played.

The game can be entirely finished by just mashing circle. Period. Sorry you don't like it and feel like somehow your personal experience is what everyone saw and that everyone who disagrees is nonexistent.

Keep living in your echo chamber, XV-Kun. You're a blast.
>>
>>382085197
Nice argument
>>
>>382085101
>It does
That is not an argument.

>the bow is just an RA version of a gun
>different warpstrike
>faster evades
>no reload
>piercing shots
No it isn't.
>>
>>382082658
ff15 is the best ff in the last decade
>>
>>382083939

> He was then later exposed as being Matt once a youtube comment section on an XV video showed some guy called Matt calling people XV-kun there.

Wow, you're completely fucking insane.
>>
>>382084571
>And no SBK91, there was multiple people going against your shit

It's ridiculous how you think everyone has your back and you "blow people the fuck out." I have seen nothing but mockery for you. I don't even give a shit about KH or FF and I still want to join in because you don't seem to be able to comprehend anything anyone says to you.
>>
>>382085341
He lost his sanity years ago. Now he spends his days defending xv on every place that discusses video games that you can think of and searches through /v/'s archive to see if he missed any thread talking about xv
>>
>>382083082
If you keep trying to pretend SBK91 doesn't exist then you're either him or for some reason trying to defend him.

>>382083486
What does DmC have to do with XV to begin with?

So Air trick is somehow a point warp? Do you even know what a point warp is?

Hey SBK91 you're the one that thinks KH2FM is better than DMC3 and Bayonetta.

Why are you acting as if that isn't the definition?
>in fighting games
Man you really can't read
>>
>>382085585
I think I've seen one guy supporting xv-kun ironically a couple times, but it's pretty obvious what he's doing
>>
>>382084792
Quit reeling the line!
Don't you think it's time to replace the line?
>>
File: FFXV-vs-Sonic06.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV-vs-Sonic06.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
Just what exactly did Tabata mean by this?
>>
>>382085984
I always find it funny that barry tries to make a comparison between sonic and kh2, but sonic came out afterward
>>
>>382079027
>it's okay when I cherrypick

The gameplay on FFXV is fine, it could definitely be better but it isn't bad. The worst part about the game is the lack of exposition.
>>
File: Neithof posting here on v proof.png (589KB, 3480x2752px) Image search: [Google]
Neithof posting here on v proof.png
589KB, 3480x2752px
>>382084014
Something wrong? Mad because I'm actually right?

>>382084127
You must be blind and retarded.

>>382084150
Thats NeithOFs posts that he posts here from gamefaqs

>>382085341
>>382085643
No, you're completely in denial.

>>382084328
Oh the fucking irony.
>>
>>382086450
Those are copypastas
Someone copy and pasted it here because Neithof makes you upset
>Oh the fucking irony.
You've already done it to kagari and sbk91 so I'm not sure what you're referring to
>>
>>382076424
I can go back and play FF1, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 and enjoy them. I stopped playing XV partway through because the combat was stupid and un-fun.
>>
File: q77yr9tlgwvy.png (176KB, 560x530px) Image search: [Google]
q77yr9tlgwvy.png
176KB, 560x530px
>>382086450
>>
>>382083629
It's strong when you get it and useful against larger enemies.

Bow is an RA what the fuck does that have to do with guns which have elemental properties and also exploits the shot resistence on enemies so you can break them easier like with cerberus

>>382086129
>>382085984
What did Nomura mean by this? KH2FM came out in 2007 yet he still let it be sonic 06 tier, meanwhile XV fight is nothing like shitty sonic 06.
>>
tldr ffxv remains in my backlog with hundreds of others games i can be bothered to play

i might approach ffxv one day when they finally release all the dlc for it, that i paid for, so i can play the complete final product, but this slow drip of content o n a bi-monthly basis
>>
>>382076424
There's that one comment where Tabata says his old hands can't handle the KH style action commands, so he changed it to the hold system.
>>
>>382086703
>why didn't nomura get rid of a boss fight that made me upset 10 years later because someone compared sonic 06 to FFXV
kek desperation
>>
File: FFXV-Combat2.webm (3MB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV-Combat2.webm
3MB, 1024x576px
>>382086703
>meanwhile XV fight is nothing like shitty sonic 06.
Yeah it's in a league of its own with how bad it is.
>>
>>382085742
>What does DmC have to do with XV to begin with
Someone compared the two and said DmC was better. You went full autism as usual and said it wasn't.

>So Air trick is somehow a point warp?
If you didn't know what it did, why did you say DMC never had something like point warp?

>Do you even know what a point warp is?
A teleport. Like Air Trick.

>Why are you acting as if that isn't the definition?
That is the definition you idiot, you cut off half of it and ignored its origin and what it most commonly references, a sequences of hits the enemy has to eat in its entirety. DMC has true combos. DmC has true combos. XV doesn't.
>>
>>382084158
Wow you're full of shit.

Go and do a regular combo against a sabertusk or imperial rifleman, you can cancel out by unlocking blink and dodging, you can switch weapons while attacking, your shield guard is even more responsive than dodge roll because it has less start up. Vulnerable itself is a state you send an enemy into. If I'm attacking a sabertusk or imperial rifleman or regular MT or goblin etc, they're not gonna break out of your combo, while only stronger higher level enemies can which is why you're encouraged to be more vigilant hence why blink exists to cancel out of attacks straight to dodge when you really need it.
>>
>>382086703
>It's strong when you get it
It's worthless then too, and you said all the movesets stay useful.

>useful against larger enemies.
It isn't any better against larger enemies than small ones, if anything its worse since its sustained DPS is garbage.

>Bow is an RA what the fuck does that have to do with guns
Its better than guns in every way.

>which have elemental properties
Which you can give the bow via Enhancement, which is stronger to boot.

>also exploits the shot resistence
Which is extremely rare and not worth using over the Bow.
>>
>xv-kun is ban evading now
kek
>>
>>382087315
>the official guide is full of shit
Wow.
>>
>>382085163
But only Noctis can kill Ardyn. Who else in the game can kill Ardyn when Bahamut specifically states only Noctis can?

First of all SBK91, you're the only one who acts like SBK91 is just a boogeyman, yet you just confirm yourself every time.

You seriously tried to argue that Lightning could beat Ardyn because she had a goddesses power, yet ignore that Etro isn't any more powerful than the gods in XV who can't kill Ardyn and is specifically stated only Noctis can, because only the chosen king can kill Ardyn.

You then in all your butthurt brought up a non sequitur about abrahamic gods because you knew your argument was dead. Like holy fucking shit you are the most pathetic piece of shit I've ever seen.
>>
File: 1498586193692.gif (116KB, 277x400px) Image search: [Google]
1498586193692.gif
116KB, 277x400px
>>382087683
>Like holy fucking shit you are the most pathetic piece of shit I've ever seen.
Surely you see the irony.
>>
File: Holding O to win.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Holding O to win.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>382085214
>The game can be entirely finished by just mashing circle.
Oh man just do O and you'll win!
>>
>>382087683
>But only Noctis can kill Ardyn. Who else in the game
These are two different statements.

>about abrahamic gods
>abrahamic gods
>plural
Why do you keep making this mistake.
>>
Change is shit. It triggers my autism every time there's a new story, character or gameplay. Ever since obummer used it I get sick when I hear the word
>>
>>382087785
Is that a glitch? Getting a game over in FFXV is impossible.
>>
>>382085254
It does.

And you know it is. It's a projectile weapon shooting in rounds, the fuck does it matter if it has its own warpsrike? Every RA does. And being an RA it makes it a stronger version hence no need to reload and stronger
>>
>>382087905
He makes webm's where he dies on purpose to make it seem like his arguments have any merit
>>
>>382085585
This is some sort of irony yes? Because I can say the same exact thing to you
>>
>>382086645
Those are NeithOF posting here because he's posting his own bullshit he spouts on gamefaqs here as copypasta
>>
>>382088023
No you can't, because no one likes you or wants you here barry
>>
>>382086884
No that was a misinterpreted translation and he cleared that up in a follow up ATR a few days later.
>>
>>382088231
Tabata literally said in an interview that he made the combat casual proof for mass appeal, sad!
>>
Is XV-kun as autistic as Chris chan? He seems really obsessed about the most shitty FF game ever made.
>>
>>382088231
>misinterpreted translation
Funny how that seems to happen all the time and totally not damage control
>>
>>382079032
That's kind of insulting to DmC, the only thing that was wrong with it was the redesigns and recons and it took itself a bit to seriously, otherwise it's a great game on it's own. FFXV is straight up trash.

>LOL let's spend 70% of the budget on photorealistic food and shoe/car designs!
>Who gives a shit about a comprehensive story!

Nomura's vision fucking never.
>>
File: devil-may-cry-reboot.webm (3MB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
devil-may-cry-reboot.webm
3MB, 512x288px
>>382088389
>otherwise it's a great game on it's own.
Let's not get too carried away.
Is it better than XV? Yes. Is it a top tier action game? Absolutely not.
>>
File: Aranea.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Aranea.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
I'm surprised an FFXV thread went this long without best girl being in it.
>>
you should see that new prompto DLC

it looks like complete shit which isn't surprising given the rest of the game
>>
>>382088519

dude looks like a lady
>>
>>382086965
So you have no argument.

>>382086968
>Dipshit SBK91 still posting this cherrypicked menace dungeon footage against tonberries while playing like shit instead of using shields to block and stagger them or warpstrikes or magic etc
Typical shitter.

>>382087110
And? How does that somehow mean I'm not allowed to say KH is worse? Stop getting triggered SBK91.

Again you clearly have no idea what point warping is. Point warp is a TERRAIN based warp where Noctis warps to marked out places on the battlefield like high up towers or rocks or other structures on which he regains MP for doing so.

I didn't cut off anything, I posted the relevant part of what a combo means. You then posted additional text to do with fighting games while having no idea what you're even trying to say. XV has true combos and you can't prove otherwise.
>>
>>382088639

here we go
>>
File: FFXV-%22%22Launch%22%22.webm (1MB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV-%22%22Launch%22%22.webm
1MB, 700x600px
>>382088639
>XV has true combos and you can't prove otherwise.
And yet you CAN'T launch, well done Tabata.
>>
>>382088639
Hello
>>
>>382088639
>So you have no argument.
No I'm right, you know I'm right too
>fuck you nomura, this boss battle that would go on to become a well know meme should've been taken out because 10 years later some guy compared xv to sonic 06 and it made me mad!
>>
>>382087404
>he thinks that's the official guide
>>
File: 1497665347366.png (311KB, 483x701px) Image search: [Google]
1497665347366.png
311KB, 483x701px
>came to this thread to see if XV-kun was here sperging out
>was not disappointed
>>
>>382087326
It's useful when you get it and whenever you want to use it.

It is useful against larger enemies.

Might as well say ultima blade is better than engine blade II. No fucking shit dickhead that has nothing to do with anything.

bow doesn't have shot stats which enemies are affected by.

But hey another classic "t-that doesn't count" from SBK91
>>
Am I the only one who absolutely wants to kill themselves when fighting flying enemies? Holy fucking shit is it tedious.

Like I'm doing a quest to kill the giant wasps and between their flying glitching my combos, the constant knock-downs and the constant Confuse attacks it's maddening.
>>
>>382089130
I just used the ring.
>>
>>382076424
>FFVII remake will have this combat system

It is a shame we can't get turn based or ATB FF games anymore. I would even take FFXII combat system.
>>
>>382089196
>FFVII remake will have this combat system
lol no
>>
>>382087768
Nah the only irony is you not thinking SBK91 is the biggest piece of shit.

>>382087860
So you're saying someone else in the game can kill Ardyn?

>B-BUT YOU SAID GODS THERE'S ONLY ONE ABRAHAMIC GOD
Jesus fucking christ you literally can't be more retarded and autistic if you fucking tried
>>
>>382089164

Ring? Don't know if I haven't gotten far enough to get that or if I'm retarded and just don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>382089241
>In this new interview with Famitsu, Tetsuya Nomura reiterated that the Final Fantasy VII Remake combat system will be action based, and not command based as it has been erroneously revealed in another interview. The screenshot showing the commands was actually taken to showcase the cover system, which is also optional. Nomura revealed that there will be more situational actions in the final game.
>>
>>382089325
Are you dumb?
>>
>>382089317
You'll have it near the end of the game, if you're in one of the earlier chapters maybe use a spear or gun.
>>
File: 1497659637496.jpg (207KB, 692x960px) Image search: [Google]
1497659637496.jpg
207KB, 692x960px
>>382089130
>think I'll switch to a gun to make them easier to hit and actually change up the fucking gameplay for once
>quickly realize guns are absolute fucking garbage
>>
>>382087905
That's what happens if you just try to O your way through the game.

>>382088016
This is what that other faggot said

Ok lets put that to the test

Oh wait nope, that's false because you'll die if you just do that.
>>
>>382088127
Oh the irony.
>>
>>382089658
See he proved my point yet again by posting another webm he made of him dying on purpose, thinking his posts have any merit
>>
Shouting usernames should be a banable offense. This shit is why I hate entering FFXV threads. I enter one once a month and there are still faggots from other websites calling each other by name.
>>
>>382089726
There is no irony. You're currently ban evading too, so I don't know why you're tying act like I'm wrong
>>
>>382089658
>Runs in blindly
>Doesn't attempt to revive himself which is the game's biggest flaw and ignores it completely in this webm

You're not really proving anything, even people who like the game will more or less admit that for the vast majority of the combat you will be keeping the O button depressed and not much more.

Also friendly reminder that the Leviathan and Ravus fights are tied for worst JRPG boss battle ever.
>>
File: 1448596807228.jpg (1MB, 1300x8930px) Image search: [Google]
1448596807228.jpg
1MB, 1300x8930px
>>382088334
No it was a misinterpretation of what he said hence why he cleared it up in an ATR a few days later.

>>382088367
I'd say you are chris chan tier autist obsessed with trying to shit on one of the best FFs ever.

>>382088389
>this braindead KHdrone still going.
>>
>>382088539
Episode Prompto was great and better than any other $5 DLC I've played.
>>
>>382089940
Look at that PR damage control
>>
>>382090006
>better than any other $5 DLC I've played.
That's awfully specific.
>>
>>382076424
>playing Final Fantasy in 2017
>>
File: 1486849252370.jpg (153KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1486849252370.jpg
153KB, 1280x720px
>>382089804
>4 dudes putting their GameFAQs shitposts about FFXV and KH on /v/ for like a year
>shit better autosage the FF14 threads
>>
File: kh2 enemy hitstun.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
kh2 enemy hitstun.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>382088695
>>382088748
Go away.

>>382088736
You can't snipe enemies in KH, what a hack. You can't manually switch weapons in KH, damb Nomura what a hack. You can't do directional inputs in KH, damn nomura what a hack.

>>382088759
So you literally have no actual argument.
>>
>>382089196
No it won't, 7R looks like shit and nowhere as good as XV.
>>
>>382090242
>So you literally have no actual argument.
I've repeated it twice now. You're the one who can't handle the fact that I'm right and you don't want to admit it. Saying I don't have an argument is childish, considering I've told you repeatedly
>>
>>382090326
As long as VIIR is finished it'll be better than XV, what an absolute joke of a game. It's getting essential story content added to it a year after release.
>>
File: 1498234549366.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1498234549366.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>382090242
That's a boss, you retard. Meanwhile there's actually no consistent hitstun or consistent telegraphed attacks in XV
>>
File: Just hold O brah you'll win.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Just hold O brah you'll win.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>382089743
This is literally what that other faggot said

Ok, now put into practice you'll die if you try that.

>>382089819
And more irony.

>>382089909
Running in blindly? Where? The eneny is right in front and so I ran up to attack then died once it attacked, and you can't use items if your just mashing Circle because that would require R2 and X.

Also no, Leviathan is nothing more than an interactive cutscene while Ravus is a great bossfight.
>>
>>382090023
Look at that denial.

>>382090056
No it's specifically pertaining how much it cost to what it offers.
>>
>>382090723
>Enemies don't dodge his attacks
>Health pool is ridiculously inflated
Nah, the Ravus fight exemplifies everything wrong with the game even down to everything with him happening off screen for the player not to see.

>Leviathan is nothing more than an interactive cutscene
That's why it sucks, the trailer for Versus XIII looked much more promising.
>>
>And more irony
>he knows I'm right, he's just repeating himself now without actually making any sense in his posts
>he'll keep doing it too
heh fag
>>
>>382090408
No you simply have no argument and can't deal with being wrong.

>>382090518
The sheer fact that 7r is already confirmed to be split into multiple games means it'll never be truly finished because the ending won't be in the game that has the beginning. Meanwhile XV has a start middle and end with a satisfying conclusion. Also additional story stuff in XV like the updates and DLC is still accessed through the main game XV.
>>
>>382091108
>Game was gutted to sell DLC meaning early buyers literally bought an incomplete narrative
T-t-thanks Tabata.
>>
>>382090521
See
>>382088639

Apparently this isn't clear enemy knockback or hitstun.

It literally doesn't matter if it's a boss in KH or not, other bosses show hitstun in KH so why not all of them?

In XVs case hitstun only doesn't happen when enemies hyperarmor are in play
>>
>>382091108
>No you simply have no argument
It is simply stupid to think that a director would change a well known boss fight 10 years ago solely because today one Australian autist is asshurt that someone compared the game he has been defending for 4+ years to sonic 06
This is the third time I have stated my argument, prove it wrong Barry
>>
>>382089940
>blah blah dungeons are extremely challenging
>you need to be skilled player to finish it!
literally just spam potions and phoenix downs to win.
>>
>>382091334
>He didn't do Costlemark
Opinion discarded.
>>
>>382091392
Costlemark is spam potions, phoenix downs and summons.
>>
>>382091392
>one dungeon is a whole game now
i see
>>
>>382090885
>enenies
The party do dodge his attacks and you're supposed to increase their acension grid stuff so that they do more in combat along with more frequent healing.
And unless you're under levelled and rushed there, no. I was level 60 when I was up to Ravus and did just fine
>>
File: 1495795395946.webm (1B, 486x500px)
1495795395946.webm
1B, 486x500px
>>382091276
Thanks for proving that it's inconsistent and only works on particular enemies. Inactive enemies will literally just take your hits like tanks and not react.
>>
File: 1490568895206.png (142KB, 434x434px) Image search: [Google]
1490568895206.png
142KB, 434x434px
>>382091503
>Recommended level for final boss is 45
>Wonders why he had no trouble doing a boss before it at level 60
>>
>>382091195
Side stories separate from the main story you mean, the main story is told and resolved within XV.
>>
WHY DOES THE GAME HAVE DAY/NIGHT REQUIREMENTS FOR ACCESSING CERTAIN THINGS

WHEN THERE IS NO WAIT/TIME-SKIP FEATURE

WHY THE FUCK DO I HAVE TO WAIT 30 MINUTES IN REAL TIME BECAUSE I'M AT A DUNGEON IN THE DAY THAT ONLY OPENS AT NIGHT OR VICE-VERSA

I HATE THIS FUCKING GAME
>>
>>382091323
Yet here you are still without an argument.

>>382091334
If you just spam potions and pd you won't inflict damage on enemies
>>
God fucking damn you are a wierdo, XV-Kun
>>
File: 4472522-the+money.jpg (51KB, 1022x576px) Image search: [Google]
4472522-the+money.jpg
51KB, 1022x576px
>>382091652
>the main story is told and resolved within XV.
Except for Kingsglaive and Brotherhood you mean.
>>
>XV-kun posts get deleted
>half the thread is gone
Every time.
>>
>>382091771
>no you don't have an argument!
Hahaha I'm right and this "no argument" posting is just proof of it. Simply Amazing
>>
>>382091770

WHY DO TERRAIN LIKE TREES AND ROCKS NOT BECOME TRANSPARENT WHEN IN FIGHTS SO THAT YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING LIKE IN LITERALLY EVERY OTHER THIRD-PERSON GAME
>>
>>382081762
What the fuck is this shit
>>
>>382091440
So how'd you manage to attack or move if all you were doing was spamming potions and PD? How did you spam summons at all?

>>382091448
Crestholm, Costlemark, Steyliff, Greyshire,
fociaugh, balouve etc
>>
>>382092124
>Crestholm, Costlemark, Steyliff, Greyshire,
>fociaugh, balouve etc
All of them are fucking cakewalk if you're not autistic sperg like xv-kun
>>
>>382076424
Friendly reminder for underage b&s that Turn Based and Active Turn Based were systems born out of system restrictions at the time. Not out of desire for some kind of deep or tactical system.

They're no longer used because those restrictions are gone.
>>
File: amazing hitstun in KH.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
amazing hitstun in KH.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
>>382091620
Thanks for showing everyone once again you have no idea now hyperarmor works nor do you understand anything about the game.
>>
>>382092238
Persona 5 used it to greater success than XV's pseudo-Ass Creed gameplay.
>>
>>382091652
>game focus is on the group
>do not include key group member sequences + leave your game feeling disjointed

Literally no game in the past has done this before. We just had NieR let you play as 3 different perspectives, each with unique gameplay and it never detracted from being either character's story. Even TW3 let's you play as Ciri, to flesh out events, even though it was primarily Geralt's story
>>
>>382092268
>he is comparing 2002 game with 2016 game
>>
>>382091648
Ardyn is much easier than Ravus and Ifrit. Final boss being easy is something every FF does, sidebosses or even penultimate bosses are usually stronger.
>>
>>382076424
i think they just fucked up, like one of the best things about turn based combat is that you get to play all your characters. like the whole recurring good thing about final fantasy is that you collect cool characters along the way, idk, is lame. pretty though
>>
>>382092342
>xv-kun is a desperate idiot with no common sense
shocking isn't it
>>
>still no PC release
Another Tabata lie exposed. So much for loving PC. Fuck Square.
>>
>>382091770
talk to the people giving hunts to speed up day to night
>>
>>382092295
Persona 5 made me realize just how utterly garbage XV was, playing one of the worst and one of the best JRPGs within the span of a few months really helped put things in perspective.

>>382092320
>Speaking with Game Informer, director Hajime Tabata says the narrative direction was entirely intentional – namely the important events that happened off-screen. “It was for the players to experience the story through Noctis’ eyes,” he told the magazine. “The world and the events that Noctis sees are merely things that are seen through his eyes. We didn’t want to create a comprehensive and perfectly balanced story in this game. Instead, we placed importance on the main characters and for the player and Noctis to share the same experience when we tell the story.”

>With this sort of narrative design philosophy in hand, Tabata said it was only natural to increase the proportion in which the main characters are depicted. “It’s not that we decreased the role of the side characters,” he explained. “Focusing on many characters in the game means that the allocation given to the main characters will decrease. Instead of creating a comprehensive and perfectly balanced story, we placed greater importance on the four main characters and strived to depict a world seen from their perspective.”

Tell that to Tabata.
>>
So give me a rundown on how ep Prompto is guys and XV-kun?
It looks surprisingly decent with the side quests and plot looks as if it was directed better. How does it play? How is Aranea as a party member here too?
>>
>>382091805
Anything important in KG is learned in the game anyway and BH has nothing to do with the main story.

>>382091978
>it's ok when Nomura does it
No you have no argument
>>
>>382092219
What a compelling argument.
>>
File: 1495794447559.webm (1MB, 700x600px) Image search: [Google]
1495794447559.webm
1MB, 700x600px
>>382092268
You are actually a retard. I just showed you an enemy not doing anything. Not winding up. Not attacking. Not doing anything. And it still doesn't even react to your attacks--like a hollow doll. A lot of enemies in the game are like this. You literally throw around the concept of "hyperarmor" when you don't even know what it is.

>shows a boss again
you're actually autistic
>>
>>382092295
No it didn't, at all. P5 is more braindead than any ARPG.
>>
>>382092518
>It's not that what I'm arguing is stupid and my logic is retareded
>You must be defending nomura, that's it!
Every stereotype about you just keeps coming true hahaha
>>
>>382092320
Again irrelevant as the main game is about Noctis and his story is told and resolved within the game.
>>
>>382092518
>Anything important in KG is learned in the game anyway
No it's not, you don't see any of the events that transpire in KG in the game at all. Someone who hasn't seen KG will have no idea how Luna got the ring, how Ravus got his arm wounded or who the fuck Nyx is for example. All which add to varying degrees of appreciating the overall narrative, the fact that the Niflheim invasion isn't in the game is a complete joke and not even you can defend it.
>>
>>382076424
What RPG's don't have 'shit combat' besides Souls?
>>
>>382092342
>>382092397
>he is defending KH and has to fall back onto release years as if that's somehow relevant
>>
>>382092414
Why would they announce a PC version before all the updates are done? We already know that a PC version is coming which is why they showed it running on PC at GDC
>>
>>382092829
see
>>382092709
This completely unrelated post still applies here kek
>>
>>382092771
Final Fantasy X
>>
>>382092470
P5 was so bland and boring I dropped it 15 hours in, nothing is compelling me to complete it at all. It's so devoid of anything good.
>>
File: braindeadshooter.webm (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
braindeadshooter.webm
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>382092501

>>382039138
It was lame as fuck. Honestly. Nevermind the fact that you already know what happens because the DLC are interesting chunks taken out of the game, but it's incredibly safe and predictable. Everything you think is going to happen happens, no surprises. And how they handled the Propmto-Verstael father-son dynamic was so one note. I was expecting Luke-Vader levels of family tragedy but Verstael didn't really give a shit about Prompto. It was really one sided. There were millions of MT babies and Verstael only cared about his project.

There was a fake leak a couple days ago that was more interesting than what we got. The leak said that Aranea was revealed to be a test-tube MT baby and essentially Prompto's sister, and I got hyped as fuck because that sounded like an interesting dynamic. But instead Aranea just randomly shows up, speaks a bunch of bravado, calls Prompto "kid" and fucks off.

The combat is surprisingly more fun to play than both Noctis and Gladio, but it's still easy as shit.The final boss is literally a turret section that overstays it's welcome

They also just completely forget to explain how Prompto was kidnapped and locked in jail cell in Gralea. But what's strange is that they show him heading to Gralea, and then all of a sudden he's locked up without even explaining what happens.
>>
>>382092771
turn based ones
>>
>>382092904
Can't wait until they actually finish this embarrassment of a game.
>>
>>382092989
And 170 hours well spent on a game with no good Side Quests
>>
>>382092989
>It's so devoid of anything good.
Yet it does EVERYTHING better than XV.
-Gameplay
-Cohesion
-Characters (which aren't even that good to be honest)
-Dungeons
-Soundtrack
-UI
-Art direction
>>
>>382092771
Kingdom Hearts 2, i just only started but its far more engaging than FFXV.
>>
>>382093062
Holy fuck, FFXV is officialy most casual game ever? Its like Tabata prevent you from dying on purpose. Look at these damage numbers.
>>
>>382093113
>Spam Triangle
>More engaging than a system that demands spatial awareness and party optimization to succeed against even the lowest of enemies
What do Nomura-drones mean by this?
>>
>>382093328
>More engaging than a system that lets you hold a button to win and spam potions in case you were somehow bad at the game
hmmm
>>
>>382093328
FFXV demands nothing from the player, keep dreaming bazzy.
>>
>>382093106
I really don't understand why so many people like the Persona soundtracks. I'm not even saying FFXV had particularly good music but I find most Persona tracks (with a few exceptions) cringeworthy with their largely nonsense vocals.
>>
When you're the only person in the world left defending XV maybe it's not the world that's wrong.
>>
>>382093510
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZnSVIpfX4M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vfv3iVQ0MA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kn3eC0NThY0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imbw-fj8coU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfmhkq7RYsE
(You)
>>
File: SHITXV.jpg (38KB, 1137x640px) Image search: [Google]
SHITXV.jpg
38KB, 1137x640px
>>382093648
>B-BUT IT SOLD SUPER WELL AND FUJOS LIKE GAY MEMES FROM THE GAME MEANS GAME IS SUCCESS REEEEEEE
>>
>>382093648
>>382093754
>xv-kun is literally Seymour Skinner now
>>
>>382092501
It's more story than ep Gladio.

Combat is different from both main game and ep Gladio but a bit more closer to main game than ep Gladio is.

Prompto has four slots on the Dpad, left is always the baton weapon for melee that does a basic three hit combo and a finisher to steal guns.
Up is always handgun which Ardyn gives to Prompto, it has unlimited bullets and works sort of like guns Noctis uses but faster and there's a finisher.
Right is the TPS weapon slot where you can use an SMG with 100 bullets, a sniper rifle with 5 or a bazooka with 3 on it, picking one of these 3 weapons up replaces it with the previous one you had on, unless you pick up the same weapon time it just restores ammo.
Standard TPS controls here with target reticle and manual aiming.
Bottom is grenades.
You also have a dodge roll, can stealth kill by crouching behind unsuspecting soldiers and there is a hit recovery where if you hit dodge right after being hit he'll cancel the fall and recover while restoring the HP just lost.

you also have tech command called bullet arts, one just takes a pic, the other does a flare to lower enemy stats. Aranea has dragoon dive and highwind and you get trigger happy after clearing it.
It starts off in a military base before out into an open snow area. Sidequests are done to gain CPU chips that upgrade the snowmonile and get items since they're sparse. The cutscenes in general look much better than the average cutscenes in the main game, and there are some really nice story moments.
Aranea as a party member has some new link attacks with prompto and it's much easier getting through the high level sidequests with her around. At the end you can fight her like you can Cor in ep Gladio. The boss fights are ok but while I liked the Gilgamesh and Cor boss fights in ep Gladio better, everything else in ep Prompto was better than ep Gladio
>>
>>382093724
except for last two tracks + river in the desert all other tracks are bland and unmemorable.
>>
>>382093328
BETTER THAN BAYONETTA
How can platinum even compete?
>>
File: 1498635245626.png (307KB, 394x396px) Image search: [Google]
1498635245626.png
307KB, 394x396px
>>382093886
>>
>>382092618
No you showed me an enemy with hyperarmor, stop being a fucking retarded, you don't even know what you're trying to say.
>>
>>382093968
you seems like don't even know what is hyper armor xv-kun, stop pretending to know all that action games stuff.
>>
>>382092769
You learn the important stuff of KG in the game.

Ignis literally says Luna got the ring while in the crown city while on their way to Altissia, same with Ravus losing his arm while in the crown city, and Nyx was expendable hence why he's not even important to the overarching story, you learn that the invasion happened in the game, you learn that Regis was killed in the game, you learn that Luna has the ring in the game, you learn who the kings of Lucis are in the game, you learn about the peace treaty in the game. Pay attention. Anything important that happens in kg is learned in the game.
>>
>>382093724
Yeah I still don't get it. I mean those songs are ok and inoffensive like most of the instrumental Persona music but I would still have to listen to those awful vocal tracks almost every battle and even then I don't think the good music is at the same level as the older ff games or nier or even fe fates.
>>
>>382092949
And yet you keep doing it.

>>382093106
It doesn't do any of those things better
>>
>>382094320
Those are some compelling arguments you gave
>>
>>382094237
>You learn who the kings of Lucis are in the game
>Hey these ghost knights are your ancestors
>>
>>382077661
Why you dumb shitposters must put chracters action games into unrelated discussions every fucking time. It's a fucking action jrpg, the combat is meant to be immediate and fun, not deep and the main focus of the game. I didn't even play this game, it could be great or shit as far as I know, but it's obvious that at most it should be compared with other action jrp like berseria, automata, botw and so on, not with games from a completely different genre.
>>
>>382094315
Better than this desu.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6DfeH3ImGY
>>
>>382093062
Is this a pasta?
>>
>>382093062
Oh fuck off back to tumblr you piece of shit, you honestly thought that cancer about Aranea somehow being his sister was good?

Jesus christ you have shit fucking taste and no one can take you seriously
>>
>>382093062
What the fuck did I just watch?
>>
>>382093275
that's during the tutorial
>>
>>382094516
>Aranea somehow being his sister was good?
hahah what? I haven't played it yet, is it true? What an asspull.
>>
>>382093328
They meant that they pretend KH is somehow deeper than XV
>>
>>382094582
No, it's more slander and propaganda from XV-haters who haven't touched the DLC.
>>
>>382092768
How is it irrelevant? I just proved to you that XV delivered the bare minimum and charged for things that are typically in games--leaving itself incredibly disjointed. Seeing the other events wouldn't have detracted at all from Noctis' story, while also filling needed gaps to alleviate The outcry from fans is also an indicator that it being exclusively told from Noctis' perspective and hiding certain events because of the fact was bad direction.

>Witcher 3 is Geralt's story and resolved within the game. Still shows you Ciri's perspective to flesh out gaps
>NieR is essentially 3 party's stories that intertwine and each one is resolved within the game. Seeing the story from different perspectives doesn't detract from each others. Hell, you could argue that it's primarily 9S's story and it's reinforced and amplified by the addition of the other perspectives

Best part? It was all free.
>>
>>382094616
Not that hard to be seeing as how shallow xv is
>>
>>382094616
>they pretend KH is somehow deeper than XV
Because it is.
>>
>>382094483
I already said I didn't think much of FFXV's soundtrack I just don't think much of any of the Persona soundtracks either. Even FFXIII's ost is probably better overall.
>>
>>382093452
>>382093463

You held to win against the camp fights?

>>382093648
When you're the only person shitposting against XV with the same bullshit day in and out and samefagging your ass out you are what's wrong.
>>
>>382093724
man persona has such terrible music
>>
>>382094734
>Even FFXIII's ost is probably better overall.
Well I don't disagree there, XIII and X's OSTs were god tier.
>>
>>382094132
Oh the fucking irony.
>>
File: ITSASS.jpg (303KB, 962x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ITSASS.jpg
303KB, 962x1200px
>this game
>>
>>382094749
>only person shitposting against XV
I thought you said kagari, matt, persmerga, neithof, old mcdonald, antikun, and sbk91 were all different people who shitpost(ed) here
Now you're saying there's only one?
Make up your mind
>>
>>382094315
yeah it's just bland, persona music is some of the most forgettable shit ive ever heard
>>
HOLY SHIT WHAT A CONTENTIOUS THREAD!
>>
>>382094404
Right back at you.

>>382094437
>literally goes to their tombs to receive their weapons in which have a description on the ruler who wielded it.
>You see them not only on the boxart but in the climax of the game too

>t-that doesn't count
>>
If XV-kun was banned, half the posts ITT would vanish.
>>
>>382094850
A lot of FFXIII's was god tier but some songs dragged it down I think
>>
>>382094978
Is there ever an XV thread that XV-kun isn't a part of?
>>
>>382095165
He was already banned, he's currently ban evading
>>
>>382094483
that actually has melody and atmosphere that fits the town it plays it in a Havana cuba based town

why the fuck is shitty jazzfunk playing in Tokyo everywhere you go
>>
File: 1305592069306.jpg (8KB, 162x251px) Image search: [Google]
1305592069306.jpg
8KB, 162x251px
>Release beta demo with Episode Duscae
>Combat is actually solid and feels weighty
>Japs cry it's too hard
>Devs turn it into the shitshow it is now
Get fucked, Square.
>>
Anything > turn based trash
>>
>>382094582
It's a fake leak made in a post anon, read the thread.
>>382093864
>>382093062w
Well that's interesting.
Though how does it play better than maingame? More polished with its options? The concept of Arts being better as a way of doing moves?>>382095165
Thanks for stating the obvious.
>>382094978
Have to mix up the boogeymen somehow.
>>
>>382095178
Really? The only song I don't care for is the Chocobos of Cocoon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m91JoAw0-VM

But on the other hand it also has my favorite Chocobo theme in the series.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDwAN90MKTo
>>
>>382094582
No, that was some retards fanfic that he pretended was a leak of ep Prompto when it's actually just fake fanfic shit

then when that was proven wrong he started saying shit like "durr ep prompto was so lame because this retarded fanfic where she was his sister was posted the other day and was better?!"
>>
>>382095271
>nips are casual scum
Did you not see the Nioh surveys?
XV's combat makes sense in retrospective
>>
>>382095197
Ones that don't include him rarely gets past 150 posts
Maybe once every 3 months or something we'll get a maxed out thread where people can discuss the game without a screeching aussie telling everyone that their wrong and the shitposters he attracts
>>
I feel compelled to go to fireden to see the posts that got deleted. But then I think I should spare myself the pain.
>>
>>382095417
Wasn't that ep Prompto thread yesterday decent for a bit? If not its entirety
>>
>>382095271
Tabata is a hack who relies entirely on external factors in his game direction. This is why XV is a failure. It has no character of its own. Just a cynical product of careful focus tests and online surveys. This is why Tabata is a drop of a turd compared to Taro, Miyazaki, Kojima etc etc. A SE board puppet dressed as an author.
>>
Yeah, combat system is trash. It appears to action oriented, but in fact it's a mmo style target lock. Example:
>fighting a bunch of crocodile monsters
>there is an croco ass right in front of you
>ripe for a blindside attack
>bros are near, so it will be a devastating link-attack
>Noctis is facing it, so you push stivk towards it and attack
>Noctis turns away and attack the air, because camera wasn't this enemy
>it was turned away to observe the rest of the battlefield, so soft lock switched to a distant enemy
I fucking hate this.
And neither of character DLC managed to fix it. Gladio will still automatically turn to targeted enemy, so all you need to do is tack enemies with camera, Prompto's revolver is the same shit as in base game, only disposable guns have a crosshair.
AI is also dumd as rock, bros would very often run right into enemy attack and die, wasting consumables. I'm sure this coud be avoided by simple orders, like aggressive/defensive/stay close/spread out/do whatever.
>>
>>382093968
Why do you keep showing clips of these giant bosses not getting staggered when Sora hits them? The entire point of why hitstun exists as a mechanic is to simulate the displacement of mass that comes from striking an object, and a creature like the Hydra or giant Ursula are just way too big to be pushed back by Sora's little key swings and it would look ridiculous otherwise. Look at any of the humanoid bosses and all of them, even the absolute most powerful ones in the game, can be properly staggered and juggled because KH2 actually uses a smartly designed physics system to determine that stuff.

Meanwhile, Noctis will frequently wail on enemies his own size or smaller than him with no visible effect whatsoever.

You're the absolute worst kind of shitposter
>>
>>382095328
I was actually thinking of Chocobos of Cocoon. I'm sure there were a few more I wasn't a huge fan of but I haven't listened to the ost in a while. Like I said most of it is fantastic though.
>>
>>382095474
It indeed was; being a guy who has yet to play XV and is waiting for the complete version, I was surprised it was so cordial.

Just goes to show how counter productive XV-kun's efforts are. If he just let go and posted normally, XV wouldn't be nearly be shit on so much.
>>
>>382094667
You just told me what other games did in their stories which is irrelevant to XV.

If you play XV you get the main story of Noctis, his story concludes in the game. Ep Gladio, Prompto and Ignis are their own self contained sidestories.

You gave automata as an example, except in thst you need to get multiple endings to get the true ending, which is why you have automata fans crying at people who only did the A ending, like that reviewer who gave it a 6/10 because he only beat ending A.

If I play episode Gladio I'm not learning some massive insight into Noctis or his calling, I'm seeing Gladio and Cor fighting daemons and eating noodles at camp with a few minutes of story about Gilgamesh or Cor each time.
>>
So what are they planning to do with the multiplayer? Are they going to let you choose which character's playstyle you use or something? Seems like a waste to just have these characters be playable for a small DLC. Will they add in switchable characters like they should've from the beginning?
>>
>>382094679
>>382094685
XV has more depth than any and all KH, funny how you're in denial about that fact.
>>
>>382094978
>>382095197

Yeah and in this thread SBK91 is the only one who posted out of them.
>>
>>382095760
>denial
Now that's some irony if I ever saw it
>>
>>382095848
How can you tell who is who and how do you know that they all post here on /v/?
>>
>>382095289
I wouldn't say plays better just plays different because it's so gun focussed, while in XV guns are just a small element.

It just feels like a TPS with some melee instead of like an ARPG like the main game
>>
>>382095848
God I can't get over the hilarity of you constantly bringing up this random schmuck from gamefaqs. If you want this to be forum with names, get a trip.
>>
File: betacuck.jpg (81KB, 1280x628px) Image search: [Google]
betacuck.jpg
81KB, 1280x628px
>>382094516
>tells me to go back to tumbler
>when his game is literally redit levels of bad

>*hums the FF fanfare jingle ominously for no reason*

OH I KNOW WHERE THAT'S FROM haha xD That's from FINAL FANTASY!!! haha epik throwback Best gum Evar!!!
>>
>>382076424
I don't think there's more than one guy on this board that actually liked that game.
>>
>>382095950
Oh that's easy it's because he doesn't, he's just an insane retard who will post a bullshit reason that will explain nothing
>>
>>382095478
Nice lack of arguments and proof.
>>
>>382096025
>Episode Prompto filtering out all the casuals
Beautiful.
>>
>>382095496
Hard lock exists
>>
>>382096043
It was more or less a rhetorical question.
>>
>>382096091
>Filtering out all the casuals.
You would have a point if that was a part of the main game that occurred early on. The fact that you could beat the entire game without that even being an option means that it is not a filter.
>>
I had Ff15 for a day, just traded it in for FFX/X-2 instead.

Rather play that again than this. The main characters are annoying. The game boils down to fetch quests and the combat is fucking awful.

Unless nobody has noticed already in the game play videos of FF7R is just FF15 with a FF7 skin on top of it.

Squaresoft can just fuck right off and I hope the company goes bankrupt.
>>
Is it just me or does next to nothing happen in this game? Before it came out it was very mysterious and there was all sorts of speculation and theories about the plot but it feels like almost all the big events occurred offscreen with different characters and there's barely enough information/lore to confirm or deny anything, like Noctis is playing a bit part in his own game or something.
>>
>>382096190
Evidently I meant SE, Squaresoft did very little wrong, where FF is concerned - Dirge of Cerberus aside.
>>
>>382095505
Then why are there an enemy knockback when they hit 0HP?

See >>382091276
How is that the enemy not reacting to individual hits? Not to mention XV has hyperarmor as well while KH doesn't.
>>
>>382096271
Refer to >>382092470, it was an intentional decision by Tabata to keep the player in the dark presumably so they can sell story as DLC.
>>
>>382096274
They funded NieR and NieR Automata. That has to be worth something. That said, people keep asking when Taro gets to make his own FF, and I don't want him to, because he would be stuck working with SE devs, which means the game is going to suck.
>>
>>382095858
>He's still trying
>>
>>382096342
Automata's combat isn't much better than XV's desu, it's just mashing Square and dodge so you can get a perfect dodge which is the only way to launch enemies in that game and consequently the only way to do anything cool and Automata also has the same problem as XV with healing items.
>>
>>382096025
Ok you're that faggot from /vg/ that constantly posts tumblr shit, you're a complete shit stain failed abortion
>>
Why can't SE just use the ATB that they used for FF1 through X-2?

Platinum pretty much proved that you don't have to fuck with the combat.
>>
>>382095478
>who relies entirely on external factors in his game direction
Well that explains why the game's split into so many fucking external segments then, with the drama CDs, DLC, movie, anime, spinoff games, english guides and details exclusively in the collector's edition Japanese guide
>>
File: fetish.jpg (123KB, 696x518px) Image search: [Google]
fetish.jpg
123KB, 696x518px
>>382094460

Stop trying to make sense on /v/
>>
>>382096442
no it isnt
>>
>>382096407
Not at all, and yet I still tried harder than the developers of xv
Man what a shitshow
>>
>>382096190
No you didn't.
>>
>>382096442
You may notice I also mentioned NieR, which had even more basic combat. I wasn't talking about NieR for the gameplay, although Automata was still better than XV. A game is more than just gameplay.
>>
>>382096534
Yeah it is.
The combat is a lot more fluid and feels better but it shares most of the same problems that XV's does, however XV's isn't fluid and doesn't feel good.
>>
>>382096561
>game play videos of FF7R is just FF15
I didn't know 15 has character switching again
>>
>>382096620
no, you can launch without dodge.

i think it's just jump and immediate attack iirc
>>
>>382094460
K. It still falls flat when compared to those games.

It is to ARPGs what Dirge of Cerberus is to 3rd Person Shooters: a garbage game that survives on its brand recognition, which is rapidly plummeting due to shit combat since ditching the ATB.
>>
>>382096548
HOLY FUCK EBIN CLASSIC RIGHT HERE MY SIDES ARE IN ORBIT
>>
>>382096656
meant for>>382096190
muh bad
>>
>>382096308
>Then why are there an enemy knockback when they hit 0HP?
Because at that point the enemy is dead so it would topple over regardless. Are you actually this retarded?

>XV has hyperarmor as well while KH doesn't
"Hyperarmor" means frames of an animation where the character will resist hitstun unless hit with an attack strong enough to break the armor.

In KH2, Marluxia for example, has hyperarmor on most of his scythe attacks; he can't be stunned by normal attacks during those moves, but if hit with a strong enough attack like a finisher or if he's hit when not doing those specific animations, he'll be stunned just like any other enemy of his size. That's hyperarmor.

XV has enemies like the Coeurls the other anon showed that will ignore even strong attacks from Noctis, even while they aren't even attacking or taking any action besides basic movement, and even though that same attack would inflict hitstun on other similarly sized enemies. That isn't hyperarmor, that's just a lack of proper combat physics.

Every time you post you're just proving that you don't know anything about what you're talking about.
>>
>>382096479
People have been saying it for over a decade, why can't they just stick to what made the series great in the first place? It's crazy.

After playing 15 I've lost all faith in FF7R and I'm just going to play it for the ability to visit the world in a modern day setting, as a game I think it'll be a big let down though.

This will be the next and last purchase I made of a SE product.
>>
>>382096656
The fuck are you even saying?
>>
>>382096581
>Automata was still better than XV.
Obviously, what game isn't better than XV would be a better question.
>>
>>382096748
I replied to the wrong anon
>>
File: lagoon.jpg (38KB, 480x306px) Image search: [Google]
lagoon.jpg
38KB, 480x306px
>>382096753
Lagoon, for the SNES.

You may notice that there aren't any sequels to Lagoon, and that the company that made it doesn't exist anymore. This is because they didn't have a reputation to cash in on.
>>
>>382096336
I'm not even talking about the dlc, those episodes could have not existed and the plot would be largely unchanged. I'm more talking about the invasion of insomnia, the fall of niflheim, the death of shiva, whatever was going on with Luna, elaboration on the demons and starscourge, the importance of the crystal and the lucian kings/knights of the round and probably a whole lot of other things I'm forgetting. It just feels like they got too lazy to flesh these things out so they made them happen somewhere else to someone else and you could read about them later.
>>
>>382096728
So you're saying it has knockback but onky after a string of attacks that didn't even make it flinch are dealt down to 0?

hyperarmor means enemies that can resist/tank your hits regardless which larger enemies in XV have.

Also Couerl do have knockback so you fuck off with your cherrypicked webms only showing their hyperarmor
>>
>>382096561
You're right, I physically owned the copy for 3 days, played it for no more than 2 hours in one sitting and then exchanged it in when I was next out shopping.

I bought Type O HD for the demo and was sorely disappointed by it then, but hoped it'd be a work in progress but the main game would have changed. It hadn't.

I found myself warping away from battles after an hour, realising this is how put off I was by the combat so early in the game, I cut my losses and uninstalled it from my PS4.
>>
>>382095702
>You just told me what other games did in their stories which is irrelevant to XV.
I just demonstrated to you that multiple perspectives don't detract from the main character's story and can in fact serve to amplify it.

>You gave automata as an example, except in thst you need to get multiple endings to get the true ending, which is why you have automata fans crying at people who only did the A ending, like that reviewer who gave it a 6/10 because he only beat ending A.
I don't know why you're bringing up NieR's endings, and I don't really care about uninformed individuals. Missing the rest of the game is on them. Also, Ending A/B can't be considered as a real ending as route C picks up right after. Ending A is supposed to be understood as Ending to route A, same with B. Like, the end of an Act in a play, it actually follows a similar structure. You don't have to get multiple endings to get either one of the real endings (C/D/E). All the other 22 endings are just joke endings.

>If I play episode Gladio I'm not learning some massive insight into Noctis or his calling
No but you get massive insight into the group aspect of the game, which is arguably as important as Noctis' journey. Seeing Gladio's efforts to attain as much power to effectively protect the King on his journey is quite important for the "brother journey" aspect.
>>
>>382096753
Automata.
>>
>>382096719
I wish it did, also take note, you don't know 7R will do either.

Unless you're naive enough to take anything SE says as a fact.
>>
>>382096905
Yeah they aren't covered because anything not explicitly in Noctis' line of sight (even though this is broken several times throughout) isn't conveyed directly to the player since they tried to make it 'Noctis' story'.

I think that line from Tabata is more just PR and sugarcoating how rushed the game was towards the end and they fucked up big time in the story department.
>>
>>382096976
Incorrect. Automata had better combat, a better setting, better VA, better music, and a better story. XV wins on graphics alone.
>>
>>382096934
so you fought some scorpions in a tutorial, some sabertusks and a rhino, then stopped in ch1? So you're not actually qualified to talk about it.
>>
>>382096918
>So you're saying it has knockback but onky after a string of attacks that didn't even make it flinch are dealt down to 0?
I'm saying that a dead animal would fall over regardless of what killed it. That isn't hitstun or knockback, it's the creature dying and falling down.

>hyperarmor means enemies that can resist/tank your hits regardless which larger enemies in XV have.
No, hyperarmor is a term from fighting games that very specifically refers to points in an animation where the character resists hitstun from attacks up to a certain level of strength. You don't get to broaden the definition of established terms to fit your argument.

>Also Couerl do have knockback so you fuck off with your cherrypicked webms only showing their hyperarmor
And sometimes they don't, and whether they do or not isn't dependent on what move they're doing or what animation they're in, and it isn't consistent with how other enemies in the game behave. Which means it's not hyperarmor, it's just bad physics.
>>
>>382096976
I thought Automata was a bit disappointing but even I'm not this delusional. The soundtrack to that game was better than the entirety of XV and the first time you visited the amusement park was better than anything in XV as well.
>>
>>382097003
>you don't know 7R will do either.
They already showed it in the game play trailer and confirmed it again a couple months ago
But whatever I guess, SE did say the same thing about xv having character switching at one point
>>
>>382096442
>dodge so you can get a perfect dodge which is the only way to launch enemies

Have you even played the game? Probably not, because you'd know that that isn't the only way to launch enemies.

>it's just mashing Square
There's a lot more to it than that. You forget that the combat blends bullet hell and platinum style combat. This game actually requires precise movement and environmental awareness. There's also tons of ways the enemy can deter you from just "mashing X" like EMPs, Spiked Shields Etc. The game constantly forces you to change your play-style and the chips help accentuate that. It also rewards you with massive damage for playing stylishly, like previous Platinum games
>>
>>382096190
>every ARPG is a reskin of one another
wtf ff7 is dark souls now
>>
>>382097246
Not him, but where did he say that every ARPG was a reskin of one another?
>>
>>382096960
No you told me games where the different perspectives is the main story, XV is not that. Main story is told in XV, the DLC are all side stories that are self contained.

You're the one that brought up Nier, yet you ignored that multiple endings is part of the main story in that. Hence why if someone stopped at ending A you have a swarm of fanboys trying to act like you didn't play the full game. You're argument is invalid.
>>
>>382097083
I completed the demo, hated it.

I played for about 2-3 hours and immediately hated it.

I then sold the game.

The fact that I hated it still remains true. The combat was fucking terrible. I looked at her development tree and it was unappealing, the characters made zero impact on me. The music was annoying. Though I like the Stand by me song, the fact that they've taken on a real life song in the game showed to me how unimaginative it is.

I've gone past the point of playing through a game for hours upon hours in the hope it grows on me.
>>
File: xv trophy total.png (560KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
xv trophy total.png
560KB, 750x1334px
>>382097313
Don't worry, I beat the game. Doesn't get any better.
>>
>>382097030
No XV has better combat, better setting, better environments, better VA, better music, better characters and better story along with better graphics, animation, enemy variety, polish.
>>
>>382097113
So you don't know what knockback is. You don't even know what hyperarmor is and still ignore anything XV actually does because you havnt even played it.
>>
>>382097147
No, the battle themes in XV were better than automata and the dungeons in XV were more fun than that carnival.
>>
>>382097306
He might as well be saying that because the apparent difference between FF7 Remake and FF15 is larger than the difference between FF7/8/9 yet he is calling it nothing more than a reskin
>>
File: Noct.jpg (256KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Noct.jpg
256KB, 1920x1080px
>>382076424
Go fuck yourself my melanin enriched friend. FFXV legit has the best combat system out of any Action RPG ever. Other than the Souls series perhaps. Your tragic travesty of a post shows how infantile your mental processes are.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9dC6-nivyk
>>
>>382097313
So you didn't actually really play it properly
>>382097370
It does and your in denial
>>
>>382097390
>combat
Wrong.
>Setting
Wrong.
>Environments
Wrong
>VA
Wrong
>Music
Wrong
>Characters
Wrong
>Story
Wrong.
>Graphics
Correct.
>Animation
Neither was broken, so neither stood out as bad. If you want to say its better, go right ahead.
>Enemy Variety
More enemy types, but less excitement/tactics when dealing with them (hold dodge until counter appears, and you just beat almost everything the game throws at you).
>Polish
Define polish. I've seen this pop up every thread, but it is never defined. Regardless, a good coat of polish on a turd doesn't make it any less of a turd, and a bad coat of polish on gold doesn't make the gold worth any less.
>>
>>382097516
>the battle themes in XV were better than automata
Nice try.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z49X4rpxdQE
>>
>>382097307
I'll level with you and agree that perhaps the title of "Ending A/B" can be misunderstood as ending of the game, but it's not. It's not because Route C literally picks up after Route A/B making them not actual endings. Think of it like the ending of an Act. So you can't call A/B "multiple endings to get to the actual ending". It's just like intermission of a play. Honestly, in this day and age, being so uninformed as to stop at ending A is on the individual. There's also a message after Ending A that informs the player to keep playing the game.
>>
File: xv trophy.png (702KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
xv trophy.png
702KB, 750x1334px
>>382097583
>It does and your in denial
Thank goodness that you know an anonymous stranger on the internet better than he knows himself.

But seriously, all jokes and sarcasm aside, fuck you. This game isn't even average. It sucks. I kept waiting for it to get better, and it never did. It just sucks.
>>
File: thinking.jpg (56KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
thinking.jpg
56KB, 500x465px
>>382097693
>Thank goodness that you know an anonymous stranger on the internet better than he knows himself.
Imagine what Barry could do with this power out in the real world.
>>
>>382097390
/thread

This is the objective fact if you're not a braindead fanboy.
>>
File: FFXV Platinum.png (149KB, 754x719px) Image search: [Google]
FFXV Platinum.png
149KB, 754x719px
>>382097458
>So you don't know what knockback is
"knockback" isn't a term used anywhere. There's hitstun, launches, juggles, and pushback, which all refer to specific things, but "knockback" is the exact sort of phrase that someone who doesn't actually play or understand games that use these mechanics would say.

>You don't even know what hyperarmor is
I quite literally just defined it, and my definition is consistent with any that you'd find on any fighting or action game wiki or glossary that you care to reference.

>you havnt even played it
I platinumed the game. I even beat all of the labyrinths beneath the dungeons and did some of the timed quests they've released since. Try again.
>>
>>382097602
Wrong
>>
>>382097786
Stop replying to yourself. I actually found Automata to be a bit of a letdown, but it's still miles better than XV.

Drakengard 2 is at least more FUN than XV, even if the story, characters, and graphics are all garbage.
>>
File: 1498222447117.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1498222447117.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>>382097786

The beginning of Route C in NieR Automata is better than any moment in XV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZvCZWDCgok
>>
>>382097835
>Wrong
Ah, so it's all wrong? The graphics are worse in XV? There were less enemy variety in XV?

Add context to your replies, less you look like a retard.
>>
>>382097834
Holy shit you're so much a dumb fuck where do I even begin? Please buy a noose and hang yourself you disgrace to humanity. Or at the very least think before you shoot your mouth off like the retard you are.
>>
>>382097959
>no argument so resorts to insults
Classy
>>
File: 1479918661730.jpg (29KB, 500x399px) Image search: [Google]
1479918661730.jpg
29KB, 500x399px
did the story patch go through yet? Still waiting on that before I pick the game back up
>>
>>382097903
Ending W in NieR Automata is better than any moment in XV.
>>
>>382097990
Not him, but I've read the arguments that have been posted, and you aren't listening or accepting the commonly accepted definition of knockback, the same way feminists don't accept the commonly accepted definition of racism.

When you come to that point, all that's left is to ridicule and insult.
>>
>>382098059
Is that the one you get if you die in the tutorial?
>>
>>382098136
Agreed. It's useless to even try to make braindead imbeciles such as him see reason.
>>
>>382098235
Yup.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMSSukXH3oo

Automata, as a game, would be better with only ending W than FFXV is as a whole. Both would be utter shit, but at least one would be short.
>>
File: 1309062037623.jpg (73KB, 600x642px) Image search: [Google]
1309062037623.jpg
73KB, 600x642px
The combat is XV is quite good.
The problem is items are unless. They need to put a timer on them so you can't just spam potions to stay alive and have to learn the combat.

Really though even if you do some honor code no item run, the main problem is the enemies design sucks. Attack patterns and the number of enemies gives no reason to look the deeper mechanics of the combat because you can brute force your way though. So even if someone ran into a hard fight in the game, they would assume they are under leveled/gear and just need to grind so they can brute force though it.

If there was a NG+ hard option of having the enemies scale to your level, as well as a timer on items. The combat would seem better. It would help if they added in some training dummys so you could actually practice the combat as well. Having to fight random dogs who interrupt your combos makes it almost impossible to learn the combat.
>>
>>382098235
Yes ahaha
>>
>>382098136
He's referring to an enemy dying and falling over after it's health reaches zero as "knockback". That's nonsense. We're talking about the presence of hyperarmor, which specifically refers to a character resisting hitstun during an animation. Hitstun is a character flinching upon being struck. An enemy's dying animation is not hitstun or knockback or anything of the sort, and it has nothing to do with hyperarmor. They're completely unrelated.

It's all a ridiculous strawman argument anyways, as he's only ever been able to show giant enemies in KH resisting knockback, which he admits giant enemies in XV do as well, and they also fall back and topple over when they die, so in that regards they're the same.

The difference is that KH has consistent physics when it comes to staggering, or "knockback", on smaller enemies, whereas XV doesn't, and that's been proven several times over, but he won't actually answer any of those arguments because he knows he's wrong.
>>
File: 1482491659989.png (2MB, 1919x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1482491659989.png
2MB, 1919x1079px
>Only part of the game where Noctis really starts coming into his own
>It's less than a hour long
>>
>>382098443
>The difference is that KH has consistent physics when it comes to staggering, or "knockback", on smaller enemies, whereas XV doesn't, and that's been proven several times over, but he won't actually answer any of those arguments because he knows he's wrong

ugh this so much
>>
>>382098324
The sad part is, you're not even wrong. Was it Conan who labeled XV as 'an aggressive waste of time'? Because it's almost scary how accurate that is and it's the shortest mainline FF game too.
>>
>>382098443
Like I said, I've been following the arguments throughout the thread. I know what you were arguing, and you are correct. The fact that, rather than actually discussing the argument, that he tries to change the definition of the word in order to suit his argument, leaves no recourse but to ridicule him, so that others do not think that his form of arguing will be taken seriously and try to do the same regarding other issues.
>>
>>382098502
Not even people who don't like the game can deny that the ending is one of the best in the series.
>>
>>382093062
>But what's strange is that they show him heading to Gralea, and then all of a sudden he's locked up without even explaining what happens.
Scarferoth looks down at him from the hilltop humming a victory theme. Then the screen fades to black and you hear a crash. It's pretty clear that Haircut was just being toyed with with whole time and it was all a set up.
>>
>>382098535
To be fair, all video games are a waste of time. It's their purpose. But one should at least get enjoyment out of their wasted time. It's time that you will never get back. Once it's gone, it's gone forever.

Even though FFXV is short for a FF game, its not as short as say, MW2's story. It's still fairly long for a modern game. But it's a game that is also very shit.

When I legitimately got more enjoyment from Drakengard 2 than I did from XV, all while recognizing that Drakengard 2 is a huge piece of shit, that is a huge problem for XV.
>>
>>382098658
>no actual final boss
>just fighting some hobo out in the middle of street
>devolves into auto pilot mode then QTEs
>emotional impact is ruined when "king" noggo pulls out a pic of some dumb bimbo slut
it's shit
>>
File: Lunafreya.png (555KB, 700x705px) Image search: [Google]
Lunafreya.png
555KB, 700x705px
>>382098775
>To be fair, all video games are a waste of time. It's their purpose.
Well yeah but the key word there is 'aggressive', anything that is an aggressive waste of time is not time well spent.
Final Fantasy XV has made me eternally hate frogs after those Korean MMO tier side quests where you had to find them, one of them took me thirty minutes to find the last frog.
>>
>>382076424
>WHAT DO YOU MEAN IM NOT SPENDING TEN MINUTES NAVIGATING MENUS AND WAITING MY TURN TO ATTACK??? REEEEE
>>
>>382098883
I legitimately gave up that quest. Don't even care. Once I realized exactly how fucking stupid that quest was, I just walked away.

I'm not old, but I'm old enough to start valuing my time not spent at work, commuting, or doing other shit that I don't like doing. I'm not going to waste my time doing sidequests like that, no matter what the reward could be (seriously, it could have been the Masamune, and I still wouldn't have done it).

It's the same reason I've never beaten FFIX. I don't understand the card game, and it's forced into the main story. I'm not wasting what precious free time I have learning a game that is so fucking convoluted. Instead, FFIX just sits on my shelf, forever incomplete.
>>
>>382097602
Nope, it's true about all of those things.
>>
>>382099120
Automata definitely has a better OST, that's not really up for debate.
>>
>>382097625
Nice try
https://youtu.be/L6TycTt7DzY
>>
Why the fuck have people been arguing about what knockback is and isn't? t's self-explanatory after playing two games with such a thing.
>>
>>382097692
I know they are more like acts, that's the point I'm getting at, those "endings" are an intentional part of the main story and my point is that you're not supposed to stop at A, hence why I mentioned how that one reviewer who did and gaave it a 6/10 got burned alive by the fandom because he didn't finish the game. While in XV the main story is already told within the main game and it resolves, and the DLC stuff is self contained side stories. Which is why I'm saying you're comparison of games liek automata or witcher where playing as other characters IS part of the main story doesn't have anything to do with anything, because in XV the main story has you play as Noctis from start to end and his story concludes, yes there is other stories now being told through other characters, that's besides the point.
>>
>It's FFXV-Kun baits thread again
Step up your game, Senpai.
>>
>>382099187
Was there a single good story boss in XV? All that song reminds me of is what a shit fight Ifrit was. Maybe the game just tainted the song, but that song does nothing but make me feel disgust and disappointment.
>>
>>382097693
>>382097770
https://boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/i2B1psujLYICbp2xu32RcQ/

I'm not sure why you expect me to take you seriously when you've reposted that image twice already now and could just as easily be from someone elses trophy
>>
>>382099187
>*Tekken Intensifies*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGkWhPBxzMs
>>
>>382076424
It's better than any other FF combat because it's action instead of turn based, but it's pretty clunky.
I guess cause nip devs aren't good at action games.
>>
File: What the fuck am I reading.jpg (49KB, 374x430px) Image search: [Google]
What the fuck am I reading.jpg
49KB, 374x430px
>>382099482
>nip devs aren't good at action games
>>
>>382099386
I thought Ifrit was pretty good, it was the only fight that actually had any verticality to it which made Warp Striking meaningful.
That being said the fact that he is more or less immune 50% of the time was kind of dumb and that you do most of his health through a QTE was lame as well.
>>
>>382099482
>I guess cause nip devs aren't good at action games.
The hell did he mean by this?
>>
>>382099426
Here's the same trophy count, but with Prompto's DLC added. Better?
>>
>>382097834
Knockback is part of hitstun, as in the enemy physically reacting to a hit and recoiling from it, a knockback animation is part of a hitstun.

>I quite literally just defined it, a
No you didn't, you just said what you thought it was in a way to convenietly excludes it from applying to XV, when in reality i simply just means enemies that can resist/tank your hits regardless, which larger enemies in XV have.

I honestly don't know how you can be this much of a clueless shit, if you had played XV you would know you are wrong.
>>
>>382098658
>One of the best Ending in FF
Nah.
>>
>>382097864
That wasn't me, but he's right. XV is better than automata.

>>382097903
>>382098059
>>382098324
>>382098535
>>382098775

No. You Tarodrones are beyond mentally retarded.
>>
>>382099176
No it does not, this is not up for debate.
>>
>>382099696
I'm >>382098775
Tell me a Taro game that I praised, because Drakengard 2 isn't a Taro game, and, even if it WAS, I still said it was a huge piece of shit.
>>
File: 1498232071495.jpg (391KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1498232071495.jpg
391KB, 1280x720px
>>382099696
>>382099745
>>
>>382099745
Apparently it is, because XV's OST is pretty "meh."
>>
File: 4574457457.gif (6KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
4574457457.gif
6KB, 200x200px
>>382099187
hellfire gets me hype every time
>>
>>382099696
Not really a Tarodrone, I thought Automata was kind of disappointing with the ending being the only amazing part of the game.
That being said when games like Breath of the Wild and Persona 5 are being released it just shows how awful XV is.
>>
>>382099850
I was disappointed in Automata, as well, but I was also disappointed in BotW and XV.

P5>N:A>BotW>XV.
>>
File: xvifrit.webm (3MB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
xvifrit.webm
3MB, 960x540px
>>382099386
Aranea, Ravus, Ifrit, Ardyn were all fun story fights, Ifrit fight itself was one of the best fights in any ARPG.
>>
>>382099745
On the list of OSTs I enjoy, FFXV doesn't even make the list. Both NieR's do, as does Secret of Mana and Xenoblade Chronicles X.
>>
>>382099973
>Ifrit fight itself was one of the best fights in any ARPG
stop

please
>>
>>382099696
>FFXV
>Better than Anything
It can't even beat FFXIII for all we knows and XIII is a pile of turd.
>>
File: C8-wU56UQAEk0ep.jpg large.jpg (122KB, 1173x865px) Image search: [Google]
C8-wU56UQAEk0ep.jpg large.jpg
122KB, 1173x865px
>>382099458
Step up sempai
https://youtu.be/fdG29qLBizE
>>
>>382099482
>It's better than any other FF combat because it's action instead of turn based,
THIS
>>
>>382099909
P5=N:A=BotW >XV

I enjoyed them all pretty much equally for different reasons. I dumped the same amount into each too. It's really hard to put one over the other, they each have a lot of strengths.
>>
>>382099909
Swap Nier and BotW and add twenty greater than signs in between Nier and XV and that's my list. The first twenty hours of BotW were amazing.
>>
>>382099973
You know that when you make claims like that, that unless its true (it isn't even close), that it just makes people knee-jerk into the exact opposite of what you're claiming. Someone thinking it was acceptable suddenly thinks that it was below average.

But Jack from NieR (not Automata) blows the Ifrit fight out of the water. So does Xemnas from Kingdom Hearts 2Ifrit, while being one of the better fights in XV, is pretty underwhelming when compared to boss fights outside of XV.
>>
>>382099614
So you haven't even done them? Why am I supposed to take you seriously exactly even if you had played it? How do I know you didn't just easy mode your way through the game so you could shitpost against it online?
>>
>>382100106
This.
>>
>>382100152
>But Jack from NieR (not Automata) blows the Ifrit fight out of the water.
Wendy too, unironically one of my favorite bosses of all time. The scene with Emil afterwards has some of the best voice acting as well.
>>
>>382076424
I've played every Final Fantasy game up to XIII (and that was a steaming pile of shit), sometimes multiple versions of the same game. However, I will never consider even playing this failed abortion of a game for free. It looks that bad
>>
>>382100108
>>382100106
At least we can all agree that XV is the worst of the bunch.

>>382100167
I deleted the game after the Carnival. The fact that Square Enix couldn't make a game good enough for me to keep around (despite being a digital purchase) and is the 2nd game I've ever gotten rid of isn't my fault. That's theirs.

You may also note that I never said anything good or bad about the DLC shit. That doesn't stop the main game from being an irredeemable mess.
>>
>>382100291
>At least we can all agree that XV is the worst of the bunch.
Definitely, I should say that I really enjoyed Automata and the ending is one of the most memorable experiences. 2017 has been a pretty good year for video games and I'm still looking forward to Xenoblade and Odyssey.
>>
File: 1496962313074.gif (2MB, 400x304px) Image search: [Google]
1496962313074.gif
2MB, 400x304px
>>382100053
>*vocals kick in*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAgW21bSV9s&index=43&list=PLc_RJ2laVnkB4S_IyBFt-cPrhWkLWHOtI
>>
>>382099973
>>382099386
>>382100152
Not the story but the DLC has great boss fights. Gilgamesh and Cor, then Highwind part 2 for the new episode as the yeti gorilla was meh.
>>
>>382098443
>He's referring to an enemy dying and falling over after it's health reaches zero as "knockback".
Maybe if you actually played KH2 you'd know that it is still a part of the enemy knockback, KH2 has no hyperarmor while XV does which is another thing you don't get, you also keep ignoring the fact that XV does have knockback on enemies as well as hitstop on every hit regardless, while KH2 has little to no hitstop at all including on enemies without hitstun, and I'm not talking about a dynamic animation, I'm talking about the final hit you land on the enemy.

In KH2 when fighting those hydra heads none of them react at all to any hits you do until the very last hit before they're dead.

Not to mention all you keep fucking doing is reposting the same coeerl and giant enemies in XV, while also ignoring that human enemies in XV are counted as boss type which gives them their hyperarmor too which is why the bros have it at camp and why aranea, ardyn and ravus have it too.

Again why the fuck are you ignoring goblins, sabertusks, imperial troops, imps etc? You've been proven wrong countless times and you still can't fucking deal with it.
>>
>>382100383
>muh hydra
Do you have literally ANY other arguments?
>>
>>382099764
Drakengard is a Taro series, even if he didn't direct that one it's part of his lineage and he was still involved in making that.

>>382099805
No it wasn't, it has the best battle themes, character themes and story music in the whole series. Every time someone brings up some "meh" track like the lestallum music it's a track that Shimomura didn't even compose.
>>
>>382100356
Automata's OST could have no vocals and it'll still be better than FFXV's.
>>
>>382100227
Wendy was great, but Jack was probably one of the most exciting and exhausting fights I've ever experienced. I literally felt tired after the Emil looked at Kaine. It was such a long fight, filled with a ton of plot being dropped throughout.

If the goal was to make you feel like you had given your all, yet still feel like shit, they succeeded. Which is very impressive to do in a video game.
>>
>>382099620
>Knockback is part of hitstun, as in the enemy physically reacting to a hit and recoiling from it
Which has absolutely nothing to do with the enemy toppling over once it's health reaches zero. The Hydra in KH2 doesn't get stunned normally because it's the size of a building, and Sora's strikes don't have enough weight behind them to move it. When it's HP reaches zero, then it dies and falls back. That isn't hitstun or knockback. It's just the enemy's dying animation.

>i simply just means enemies that can resist/tank your hits regardless, which larger enemies in XV have.
And so do larger enemies in KH. The difference is that smaller enemies stagger consistently in KH and they don't stagger consistently in XV. When smaller enemies in KH do resist your hits, they do it via a clearly telegraphed animation. That's what "hyperarmor" has always meant; a specific animation or period of an animation where the character will resist getting stunned by incoming attacks. When smaller enemies resist your hits in XV, there's no animation or anything to signify that the enemy will resist your attacks.

>in a way to convenietly excludes it from applying to XV
So are you admitting then that enemies in XV don't have what I defined earlier as "hyperarmor"? As in, they'll resist hitstun from attacks regardless of what they're actually doing? If so, then I'd challenge you to actually explain what determines the hyperarmor that the enemies in XV have. What makes a Magitek soldier flinch back when getting hit with some light dagger cuts but allows a similarly-sized Coeurl that's doing absolutely nothing to take a long distance warp strike and not even react?
>>
>>382099784

>>382099850
>>382100106
XV is better than both BOTW and P5 so no.

P5 is just so bad.

XV>N:A>>>>>BOTW>>>>>>>>>>>P5
>>
>>382100496
>Drakengard is a Taro series, even if he didn't direct that one it's part of his lineage and he was still involved in making that.

Care to finish off the rest of my post? The part where I said, "Even if it WAS, I still said it was a huge piece of shit?"

No? Can't cross the finish line in attempting to prove your point that I'm a Taro fag?
>>
>>382100152
>(it isn't even close)
It is. Show me a giant boss in any other ARPG that is as good as Ifrit. All Giant bosses in KH are trash compared to Ifrit in XV, no other ARPG has a giant boss as good as it.

>nier
Holy shit my actual sides. Fuck man even the DLC boss fights for XV are better than the KH2FM bosses too.
>>
>>382100528
Is Jack the giant shade that attacks the village and you finish off in the library where Emile petrifies Kaine?
If so I agree that's a great sequence as well, same with the Shadowlord. I would love if Nier got an actual remake, it would probably be one of my favorite games of all time. The reason I found Automata a bit disappointing was mostly I found the characters and their dynamics nowhere near as good as the ones in Nier.
>>
>>382100106
Pretty much this.
>>
>>382100496
>No it wasn't, it has the best battle themes, character themes and story music in the whole series.
I preferred the music in FFVI, VII, VIII, IX, and X.
>Every time someone brings up some "meh" track like the lestallum music it's a track that Shimomura didn't even compose.
I didn't list any track in particular. The OST as a whole was unimpressive. Rather than fall back to NieR or Automata, I'll divert to Secret of Mana, Chrono Cross, and Act Raiser being better.
>>
>>382100286
Hey man that's a nice lack of new IP. I wonder who could be behind this post.

>>382100291
No we can agree that XV is the best of the bunch.

The fact that you are such a shallow piece of shit that doesn't even know a good game when you see it just shows how worthless you are.
>>
>>382083518
How does the gameplay appeal to anyone? Even Skyrim is more enjoyable and in-depth, and that's as mainstream rpgs can get
>>
File: 4TkS.jpg (106KB, 609x607px) Image search: [Google]
4TkS.jpg
106KB, 609x607px
>>382100637
>post yfw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBI0sKW_Fns
>>
>>382100496
>Every time someone brings up some "meh" track like the lestallum music it's a track that Shimomura didn't even compose.
What does the composer have to do with anything? You keep bringing up Hellfire which was done by Yoshitaka Suzuki.
>>
>>382100356
>the track starts playing and it's already god tier
https://youtu.be/Yn2uplKQhB0

>>382100519
Nope, XV is much better and the way that character themes and story music reprise in the battle themes isn't something automata even does even close to as good.
>>
>>382100637
Yes, it is. Accompanied by the Dark Colossus Destroys All soundtrack, which is better than any soundtrack you can find on XV.
>>
>>382100560
Never has someone been more wrong
>>
>>382100702
>No we can agree that XV is the best of the bunch.
But I thought it was the worst, as did both of the people I responded to. So no, we can't agree on that. In fact, we agreed it was the worst.
>>
>>382100637
Yeah, i'll agree on the character thing, but I found 9S to be quite endearing and his slow descent into hell to be really tragic
>>
>>382100532
I haven't played either of those games but are you seriously trying to argue that two enemies with different attributes and animations are supposed to react to the same attacks the same way just because they're of a similar size?
>>
>>382100443
I was talking about the hydra to begin with you idiot.

It also applies to the tron boss, the mulan boss, jafar, the giant lion king boss, the flying thing at the end etc
>>
>>382100637
Shh. You're scaring the fish away.
>>
>>382078316
Even KH had more interesting combat even if it just boiled down to hitting everything until it died.
>>
>>382100880
>literally ZERO arguments
thought so
>>
Man, is it Nier that he's shitting on now? This rotation he does of comparing XV to every other major game somewhat similar to it is great. It was KH right before this, what's next? Back to P5? Are there any new games coming out he'll do next?
>>
>>382100985
He did it to XCX, too, although that was a while ago. Granted, XCX was far from a perfect game, but I still had way more fun with it than I did XV.
>>
>>382100797
You posted the wrong song. Don't worry, I got you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b6b0nY7dZ8&index=37&list=PLc_RJ2laVnkB4S_IyBFt-cPrhWkLWHOtI
>>
>>382101028
XCX absolutely nailed the open world, whereas XV was littered with invisible walls and an entirely on rail car.
Anyone who didn't have more fun with XCX has a serious distortion on what fun is.
>>
>>382076424
>engine blade is his signature weapon
>doesn't appear on the cover
huh
>>
>>382098658
The only part of the ending that felt earned was the final talk with the bros. I laughed at the Luna scene, as if it was some great moment of catharsis and pathos.
>>
>>382101072
>XCX absolutely nailed the open world.
100% agreed, along with your critique of XV. The combat of XCX was more enjoyable than XV's, too. The music was something you either loved or hated, but at least it was more memorable than XV's, which has a mostly forgettable OSTs.
>>
File: WWWWWWWW.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
WWWWWWWW.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>382101125
>I laughed at the Luna scene
You weren't the only one.
>>
>>382098658
Yeah. It was pretty great getting to see Noctis show Luna a picture of Cidney's tits.
>>
>>382100985
Xenoblade will be the next one likely.

I can't wait for the waifu war he attempts to instigate.
>>
>>382101169
XCX did have some garbage in its OST but all the overworld themes were amazing particularly Sylvalum. One of the best video game tracks I've ever heard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDbh3lLi1ZY
>>
>>382100532
>Which has absolutely nothing to do with the enemy toppling over once it's health r
Yes it does because the final hit on an enemy is what knocks them down, ergo knockback.

>Hydra in KH2 doesn't get stunned normally
What does this have to do with anything? Why does only the last hit do something but it can't do anthing on the hits leading up to that? At least XV still has hitstop and rumble to give you feedback on your hits, KH2 doesn't do shit on those regular hits against it and there is no visible hitstop at all, sora just looks like he's slicing air and the enemy doesn't care yet it's HP is going down just because.

The final hit against the enemy is the only one that even acts as a normal hit you'd do againt regular enemies.

>And so do larger enemies in KH.
No they don't, they don't even have hitstop to indicate any sort of impact, while in XV all hits do, including the ones where an enemies hyperarmor is in play, and the smaller enemies in XV stagger constnatly, not to mention every enemy staggers from shield blocks with blockstun in XV.

Where is the clearly telegraphed attacks that hydra is doing just flailing it's head around doing fuck all? Meanwhile how is the Iron Giants swirds in XV not clearly telegraphed? How is the Hobgobbling doing a windup punch right before he punches not a clearly telegraphed attack? How is the Coerul sitting down charging it's electricity then getting up to attack not a clearly telegraphed attack? You have absolutely no clue what hyperarmor is nor do you even know what knockback is.

Seriously you sound like you havn't played XV at all because no one who has actually played it could be this fucking clueless about how it works.

And your definition of hyperarmor is some shit you pulled out of your ass, all hyperarmor is is when the enemy tanks through your hits, in XV enemies have this and still have hits with knockback on them, in KH they don't have hyperarmor, in KH they just didn't give some enemies hitstun.
>>
>>382100383
>Maybe if you actually played KH2
Should I post my platinum in that game too? It's on the same PSN profile I showed earlier.

>KH2 has no hyperarmor
Marluxia has hyperarmor on his scythe swings. Lexaeus gains hyper armor when he's powered up. Large Bodies and Fat Bandits will resist anything less than a finisher attack.

>hitstop
Who cares? That's purely visual flair.

>In KH2 when fighting those hydra heads none of them react at all to any hits you do until the very last hit before they're dead.
Because they're the size of small buildings. Of course a meter long key isn't going to knock them around. But guess what, bash something in the head enough, it'll die and fall over.

>ignoring that human enemies in XV are counted as boss type which gives them their hyperarmor too
I haven't even once mentioned the humanoid bosses in XV. I have though, talked about the humanoid bosses in KH2, and how they have consistent hitstun physics with other similarly sized enemies, while also having hyperarmor on certain attacks.

>why the fuck are you ignoring goblins, sabertusks, imperial troops, imps
The entire point I'm making is that the enemies aren't consistent with one another. Sometimes they're not even consistent with themselves, and the Coeurls are a perfect example because they should stagger just as easily as any other small enemy, yet they mysteriously don't.

>>382100862
I'm not saying they should react the exact same way. I'm pointing out how inconsistent it is that a light attack will stagger one enemy, yet a strong attack will go completely ignored by a different enemy that's doing nothing to show that it should be able to resist an attack like that. If the enemy actually has hyperarmor on certain moves or if it's too large or heavy to be staggered normally, that's fine. The problem comes when the game is completely inconsistent about what will stun an enemy and what won't.
>>
>>382101169
Lmaoing @ ur shit taste m8.
>>
>>382100836
nope
>>
File: 02401617.jpg (128KB, 583x748px) Image search: [Google]
02401617.jpg
128KB, 583x748px
>>382101121
The cover itself is all kinds of bad, and pretty deceiving. It suggests that you'll fight the kings at some point, but they only have like a minute of screen time.
>>
>>382080906
Not only that, but the mix of overdesigned ennemies, large groups of opponents and and barely telegraphed attacks turns every battle into a chaotic mess made even worse by the fact that you have 3 companions. At some point you're just spamming the evade when you feel like the ennemy is going to attack soon.
It feels like they designed an action fighting system but never actually played any beat'em all before.

>>382082658
I might have given this a try if I didn't have so many games on my backlog.
>>
>>382100596
The fact that you are trying to act like he doesn't have any input on DG2 is what would make you a tarofag.

>>382100696
No the OST as a whole was the most impressive FF has done with it's battles story and character themes.
>>
XV-kun why do you care so much dude?
>>
>>382101267
I liked a lot of XCX's music, but openly admit that not everyone will. Once again, though, it is at least memorable. The trailer still makes me feel excited and want to play the game again, which I plan to do once I burn through some of my backlog.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zb8QpABNTPM
>>
>>382100560
>XV is better than both BOTW and P5 so no.
>P5 is just so bad.
Oh, wow.
>>
>>382100786
>What does the composer have to do with anything?
It has to do with the fact

>You keep bringing up Hellfire which was done by Yoshitaka Suzuki.
Hellfire was done by both Shimomura and Suzuki, Hellfire uses teh compositions Shimomura did for Apocolypsis Noctis and Cosmogony with some added arrangement flair from Suzuki, Same with Ravus Aeterna which uses Shimomura's composition for Theme of the Empire/The Aggressors and Shimomura's composition for Song of the stars with Suzuki putting more arrangement flair to them.

Shimomura didn't compose the lestallum town music, nor did suzuki.
>>
>>382101412
invested too much time and posts defending it

too late to apologize
>>
>>382101402
VIII and XIII have better battle themes though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYDT_Y6Jj5c
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfu0XBf8kmk
>>
>>382101514
you seem mad
>>
>>382100798
Hellfire is better than any track in automata.
>>
File: 1456385646605.png (2MB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1456385646605.png
2MB, 1600x900px
>>382101454
I see a lot of shitting on XCX (I'm guessing by XBC fans), but that's never deterred me from wanting to play it. I actually own, but I have to chip away at the backlog to get to it. I really hope I don't die before I get to play.
>>
>>382101412
you know how incredibly passionate people can devote their life to a cause and be remembered for it or enact great change in the world

it's like that but with a final fantasy game
>>
>>382101517
Suzuki used compositions of Shimomura in the arrangement but the composition and arrangement was still done by him. Next you're gonna tell me it's Uematsu's song since the Prelude appears at the end of the last movement.
>>
>>382101402
>No the OST as a whole was the most impressive FF has done with it's battles story and character themes.
Stop stating your opinion as though it is fact.

>The fact that you are trying to act like he doesn't have any input on DG2 is what would make you a tarofag.
Ok. He had input simply because you tell me he did. It's still a huge piece of shit, which I rated 2 stars on Amazon.
>>
>>382100924
>ignores the other enemies it applies to
>w-wwah no argument
You just wrecked yourself there.

>>382100885
No it didn't.

>>382100985
Where did I say I didn't like Nier?
>>
>>382101642
Not an argument.
>>
>>382101282
>the final hit on an enemy is what knocks them down, ergo knockback
Look I'll make this simple
>hitstun
>dying animation
Choose one.

>hitstop and rumble
We're talking about actual game mechanics here. If you really wanna get into that, KH2 has visual and audio feedback when you hit an enemy that isn't there when you're "slicing through air."

>No they don't
So what do you call it when Sora hits the Hydra and he doesn't react? Explain the difference between Sora hitting a big enemy and it doesn't react, versus Noctis hitting a big enemy and it doesn't react.

>Where is the clearly telegraphed attacks that hydra is doing
The Hydra weighs a gazillion tons, it doesn't need an animation to show that a dinky key smack isn't going to affect it much. Just like I'm not criticizing big enemies in XV that don't recoil when you hit them, because that actually makes sense and is consistent.

>How is the Coerul sitting down charging it's electricity then getting up to attack not a clearly telegraphed attack
Did you miss the webm of the Coeurl standing perfectly still and tanking a long distance warp strike?

>And your definition of hyperarmor is some shit you pulled out of your ass
It's literally the definition that's been being used in fighting games for decades.

>in KH they don't have hyperarmor
So what do you call it when Marluxia and Lexaeus will resist hitstun during certain animations, but not others? What do you call it when a Large Body heartless resists hitstun from a normal attack, but not a finisher?
>>
>>382101603
I recommend a good navigator for the game. It's good, but you need someone to help you figure out where to go a lot of the time, because the game is very sparse with hints. Having my wife into the game and have a computer open to look stuff up when there was no clue as to where to go outside of an entire continent made the game a lot more enjoyable.
>>
File: comfy_pepe.jpg (16KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
comfy_pepe.jpg
16KB, 480x360px
>TFW find these threads comfy
Thanks for another 500+ post XV thread guys.
>>
>>382101605
Barry just wants people to talk about XV the way they do with VII or VI. I think in the future it'll be talked about like XII or maybe XII. It'll have a following on Deviantart, but overall people would rather not talk about it.
>>
>>382101597
Hellfire is the best track in XV, and its still middling when compared to the video game greats.
>>
>>382101062
You seem a little confused. I'll help you there.
https://youtu.be/isikrCkI6i4
>>
>>382101642
Kind of assumed based on this post>>382097390

I guess its possible to still think a game is good even if it does worse than your favorite in every possible aspect, and you spend at least a good chunk of a thread getting into inane arguments over how worse it is on /v/.

So with how much you talk about KH, should I assume its in your top 5 list of games?
>>
>>382101664
>The Hydra weighs a gazillion tons, it doesn't need an animation to show that a dinky key smack isn't going to affect it much
not the guy you're arguing with, but that's a pretty intense key though. like come later game sora and riku can smack some pretty big things with it

>>382101745
if it's any consolation, there will always be people constantly talking about it on deviantart or tumblr because they really want such and such character to fuck
>>
>>382101597
Hellfire is a skyrim ripoff.
>>
>>382101072
>and an entirely on rail car.
Not an argument anymore. Driving offroad in XV is more fun than anything in XCX.

>XCX absolutely nailed the open world
XCX is more emptier with less to do than XV, while looking worse and having far less story, while also having no characters to even care about and some of the worst music Sawano has ever composed, how he went from his SnK OST to that shit is beyond me.
>>
>>382101828
Not an argument.
>>
>>382101851
This.
>>
>>382101169
>The combat of XCX was more enjoyable than XV's, too.
No it wasn't, it's was offline MMO tier shit, but wait there's also online so it may as well be an MMO. You can barely even call that autobattle shit combat because you never feel in control of anything, and tehre was nothing memorable about it, meanwhile XV has one of the most memorable OSTs to date with some of the best tracks in JRPG ever with Hellfire, Somnus, Veilved in Black, Valse Di Fantastica just to name a few.

I can't even remember how a single XCX track goes other than instantly thinking of shitty techno rap
>>
File: 1498397356152.jpg (234KB, 1358x870px) Image search: [Google]
1498397356152.jpg
234KB, 1358x870px
>>382101756
Nigga, if we're going with slower songs, then nothing can even touch Weight of the World.
It literally brought tears to my eyes. It kind of reminds me of "My heart will go on" by Celeine Dione. Certainly captures the same emotions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QyCHyr8dsjo&list=PLc_RJ2laVnkB4S_IyBFt-cPrhWkLWHOtI&index=15
>>
>>382101828
>XCX is more emptier with less to do than XV
It entertained me for about a month, I'd say about 150 hours. I put down XV after around 30 hours, and felt no need to pick it back up again.

>>382101072
Gotta love that literally any game that even gets mentioned gets shit on by this XV fanboy.
>>
Who's going to make the next FFXV-kun thread?
>>
>>382102002
nah my ears cannot stand the sound of any song from a game that doesn't have tabata involved.

xv is better, you gamefaqs troll.
>>
>>382102059
No don't, I want to go to sleep now. TTYGL ;)
>>
>>382101959
>meanwhile XV has one of the most memorable OSTs to date
VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, XIII, XIII-2, LR and XIV all have better soundtracks desu.
>>
>>382101959
>No it wasn't, it's was offline MMO tier shit,
Nah. That was FFXII. Also, I felt in control 100% of the time.
>>
>>382102092
Godspeed XV-kun.
>>
>>382102059
Feel free to, and then provide a link in the thread.
>>
>>382101308
>Should I post my platinum in that game too? It's on the same PSN profile I showed earlier.
I don't worry I believe you have autism.

>B-BUT HIS SCYHTH
Literally not an argument is your entire example is ONE fucking thing in the entire game, which isn't even hyperarmor to begin with, and large bodies resisting you is not hyperarmor either.

>Who cares? That's purely visual flair.
Who doesn't care? It's purely an effect for visual feedback which XV does far better than any and all KH games.

>Because they're the size of small buildings.
Literally not an argument when they have knockback on the very last hit. Hitting something for 20 hits without it reacting then on the 21st hit it suddenly reacts means it did have knockback, just a shitty one because they don't know how to make KH good, and they don't know how important hitstop is to make impacts on hits that don't have hitstun are.

>The entire point I'm making is that the enemies aren't consistent with one another.
Except the point is they are consistent in what type of enemy they are based on their size and classification, and the coeruls are actually bigger than Noctis, just because they are on all 4s doesn't mean they are smaller just because they're crouching.

>I'm pointing out how inconsistent
No you're ignoring how KH is actually inconsistent in it while in XV it is consistent because it's based on actual enemy scale, things like goblins, hobgoblins, sabertusks, imperial riflemen all have knockback at every hit, stuff like Coeurl, Mandrake, Magitek Assasins, wyverns have them occasionally because they are bigger than Noctis but can also break out and have their hyperarmor kick in, much bigger enemies like Behemoth, Garula, Iron Giant tank your hits yet they all still have hitstop and feel impactful, and you have blockstun when using shield blocks against any of them when you deflect their attack at the last second.
>>
>>382101412
You should be asking the same group of fags that try shitting up XV threads every time that.

>>382101535
More like you invested too much time shitting on it prerelease and it's too late for you to admit it's good.
>>
>>382102456
>it's too late for you to admit it's good.
I was taught from a young age that lying is bad and saying XV is good is one of the biggest and worst lies I could tell.

Friendly reminder Breath of the Wild's open world is objectively better.
>>
>>382101621
Uematsu is credited on a few of the tracks like the chocobo theme, prelude and main theme even though they were arranged by Shimomura so yes.
>>
>>382102547
It's legitimately hard to think of a worse open world.
>>
>>382101541
No they do not.

https://youtu.be/w0IFXsaF39w
https://youtu.be/K9t9aPriDts
https://youtu.be/G7Sq5Dri_1w
>>
>>382101541
I love VIII's
>>
>>382102567
He composed all those themes, Shimomura did not compose Hellfire.
https://twitter.com/yochin0817/status/817336262872821760
>>
>>382101747
Hellfire is the best boss track in any FF or JRPG.

>>382101815
Just no. Skyrim fucking wishes it was as good as Hellfire.
>>
>>382102394
> is your entire example is ONE fucking thing in the entire game,
I've listed several things, actually.

>which isn't even hyperarmor to begin with
> large bodies resisting you is not hyperarmor either.

>>382099620
>i simply just means enemies that can resist/tank your hits regardless, which larger enemies in XV have.
So which is it?

> they have knockback on the very last hit.
Again
>knockback
>dying animation
Choose one. The "knockback" that you see on the last hit is the enemy dying and falling over. It isn't the enemy recoiling from the weight of Sora's attack, which is what knockback and hitstun are.

>KH is actually inconsistent
Small enemies can be easily staggered and juggled, unless they're doing a specific action that gives them hyperarmor. This goes for Shadows, Soldiers, Dusks, the Organization members, and Terra's LW. All the way from the weakest to the strongest, that's consistent.

Medium sized enemies like Large Bodies and Fat Bandits take stronger hits like a finisher to knockback. That's consistent.

Giant enemies like Hydra and Jafar won't react at all unless it's something special like a Reaction Command. That's also consistent.
>>
>>382102716
>Just no. Skyrim fucking wishes it was as good as Hellfire.
You've got to be kidding. That entire song just screams of "how do we make a song as good as Skyrim?"
>>
File: 200_s[1].gif (15KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s[1].gif
15KB, 267x200px
>>382089658
What was i thinking?
>>
>>382102716
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxJ97dG-HLw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80i-m2e6gWA
>>
>>382102902
>TMS has a better OST than XV
Jesus christ what went wrong?
>>
>>382091770
Casual.
>>
>>382101664
The final hit you do on an enemy before they die is still a regular hit, and how they react is still a regular reaction, dying animation happens AFTER the knockback.

>We're talking about actual game mechanics here.
Yeah and i'm talking about feedback from hits which hitstop is, which rumble is. KH doesn't do any sort of hitstop and it looks like shit as a result.

>Explain the difference between Sora hitting a big enemy and it doesn't react, versus Noctis hitting a big enemy and it doesn't react.
Except there is hitstop alongside the effect of the hit sparks from the weapson when Noctis hits it so it implies it was a strong hit with impact but only not strong enough to deter the enemy from stopping it's current action, while in KH Sora just hits an enemy and it looks like he's slicing air when they have no hitstun, and because there is no hitstop it just looks shit because there's no impact at all or any visual feedback letting you know you hit it other than the shitty sparks/stars coming out of the keyblade when you whack something.

>The Hydra weighs a gazillion tons,
LITERALLY NOT A FUCKING ARGUMENT

> it doesn't need an animation to show that a dinky key smack isn't going to affect it much.
Yet it needs one on the final hit of the individual heads to know you just knocked it down?

>Did you miss the webm of the Coeurl standing perfectly still and tanking a long distance warp strike?
Did you miss the part where it was charging it's attack and the warpstrike hit while it's hyperarmor was active? And no that isn't, you have no idea what hyperarmor is.

I call that shitty animation which KH has throughout
>>
>>382102815
To be fair, I've never said you hold attack to win.

I said you hold dodge until a counter appears on the screen, and then tap attack once, and then go back to holding dodge in order to win.
>>
>>382103082
You actually wouldn't believe how viable of a method this is. Parrying deals way more damage than regular attacks.
>>
>>382102002
Somnus, Dawn, hell even recentlly Prompto's theme is so fucking beyond that. There is far more emotion behind these tracks than Automata has. Like holy fuck

https://youtu.be/V5YsuHcH4AU
https://youtu.be/Sl0cjfYTja0
>>
>>382102036
Does it look like I care? XCX is fucking trash tier while XV is among the best FFs to date, I have no desire to even want to even touch XCX

>>382102036
Gotta love that literlaly any game you shits try to mention against XV has you fucks endlessly trying to shill every little thing about it against XV.
>>
>>382103180
I'm aware. I beat some level 110 samurai at level 30 doing that.
>>
>>382102124
XV has a better OST than all of those.

>>382102184
Xenoblade and XCX both have the same offline MMO feel as FF12.
>>382102547
So you're in denial.
>>
>>382103037
>dying animation happens AFTER the knockback
What you're calling "knockback" is the dying animation, you clod.

>hitstop
>hit sparks
>rumble
Stop embarrassing yourself.

>there's no impact at all or any visual feedback letting you know you hit it other than the shitty sparks/stars coming out of the keyblade when you whack something
>there's no visual feedback except for all this visual feedback

>LITERALLY NOT A FUCKING ARGUMENT
So why is it ok for big enemies in XV to not get stunned when Noctis hits them, but it's not ok for big enemies in KH2 to not get stunned when Sora hits them?

>Yet it needs one on the final hit of the individual heads to know you just knocked it down?
Yes, it does in fact need to fall down to show you that it fell down. Are you even reading what you type?

> it was charging it's attack
It most definitely was not. It was walking around when the warp strike hit it.

>And no that isn't
So again, what is it then? What's the difference when Sora hits an enemy and they tank the hit versus Noct hitting an enemy and they tank the hit?
>>
>>382103286
>XV is among the best FFs to date
Why do you keep flip flopping? I recall you calling it THE best FF not too long ago. Is it the best FF or not?
>>
File: goetia xcx.jpg (129KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
goetia xcx.jpg
129KB, 1280x720px
>>382103286
Any game that lets you beat a boss that is 90 levels ahead of you just by cheesing the counter function is not a good game.

>Xenoblade and XCX both have the same offline MMO feel as FF12.
Not if you actually bother to learn how to play (and if you don't one of the first bosses in the game will casual filter you hard).
>>
>>382102696
Shimomura was his boss and they both have compositional credits while he arranged it, she composed Apocolypsis Noctis and Cosmogony which Hellfire uses as it's melodic core and he arranged it into hellfire.
>>
>>382103480
Also meant for>>382103370
>>
>>382103480
>Any game that lets you beat a boss that is 90 levels ahead of you just by cheesing the counter function is not a good game.
So, FFXV?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=psL2blvg0tI
>>
>>382102786
>I've listed several things, actually.
Which weren't hyperarmor.

>So which is it?
You're ignoring the part that it is hyperarmor in XV while it isn't in KH, in XV the enemies all still have hitstop even on attacks without hitstun, while in KH they don't even on attacks without hitstun, meaning KH does not have hyperarmor because nothing is being hyperarmored.

>Choose one
Knockback on the final hit happens before the death you stupid fucking retard. You just showed more how inconsistenet KH is.
>>
>>382103560
What's the level 120 boss? The one that gives you a weapon for beating? I beat him at level 30.
>>
>>382103490
>she composed Apocolypsis Noctis

Shimomura, nooooo! This really tarnishes her career.
Thread posts: 552
Thread images: 73

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.