[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>people arguing whether a $2-$4 dollars game in a well known

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0016.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0016.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
>people arguing whether a $2-$4 dollars game in a well known franchise is 'worth it or not'
>literally for the price of a pizza slice or a bus ticket you get the culmination of years of work of a developer team, literally making magic on your TV screen with math, physics and drawings

Seriously, fuck off if you do this.

What did you get in the latest Steam / PSN sales?
>>
Your mother's anus
>>
>>382076174
>people arguing whether a $2-$4 dollars game in a well known franchise is 'worth it or not'
all franchises have their weaker points, and being cheap doesn't make it worth getting
if you had $500 would you spend it on something decent or 500 things (well, less than 500 due to taxes and stuff) from the dollar store?
>>
If you spend 2-4 bucks on something you'll never touch it's still a waste of money.

If you eat out instead of eating what you packed for lunch that's the same kinds of wasting money.
>>
>>382076174
I only usually ask that because there are multiple $2-$4 games I want, and if I buy all of them it'll end up totaling over $200, so I need to trim the list down.

Also I got Skullgirls, it's fun.
>>
>>382076749
>>382076664

C'mon, $2-$4 is less than the price of a blind rental back in the day and, more likely than not, the game will pay itself in minutes of gameplay. $2 is so low that even a terrible game will turn into entertainment for you.
>>
>>382076174
>paying $2-$4
>being pleb and missing out on tons of $1-$2 games.

I got the two good master of orions for $1.49 during gog's sale.
>>
>>382077925
>Buying based off price
>Not buying based off percentage discount versus original price.

Buying a $14 game discounted to $1 is not as good as buying an $80 game discounted to $50.
>>
>>382076828
what else you got?
>>
>>382076174
>price of a pizza slice
Are you retarded? Where do you buy your pizza? You should get a refund, cuck.
>>
>>382078493

>when that game that never goes on sale finally gets a 33% off and you end up feeling like buying it just because it never goes on sale, despite the price still being high

Deciding on sales prices is an art form.
>>
>>382076174
>it so cheap that you shouldnt do research or knowledge with how you spend your money and support people who may or may not deserve it and just buy it

Seriously, fuck off if you do this
>>
>>382078493
>suggests buying by percentage discount instead of price
>example states the opposite of suggestion
$14 down to $1 is a 93% discount.
$80 down to $50 is a 37.5% discount.
>>
File: WlAPW.jpg.gif (422KB, 240x180px) Image search: [Google]
WlAPW.jpg.gif
422KB, 240x180px
>>382076174
So what are you bitching about this time?
>>
>>382076174
There's a difference, sometimes major franchises are absolutely shit, other times it's just a bad entry

Would I pay 2-4 dollars for Dark Souls 2? absolutely

Would I pay 2-4 dollars for Metroid Other M? Fuck no
>>
>>382079784
LOL I PAID 5 FOR OTHER M OFF A CRAIGSLIST GUY
>>
I think I'll enjoy the pizza slice more than 99% of video games I'll play.
>>
>>382080860
sure thing fatty
>>
>>382077791
By that logic you would pay $0.50 for people to punch you in the face because "the price is so low"?

There are games there that people don't want to even pirate. Because even if the money cost is free, the time used to play is not. And maybe playing isn't even a pleasant experience.
>>
>>382076174
>literally
>then another literally
Lol, I literally love shoving my literal cock in my literal anus and spreading literal dangerous germs and bactera in my literal body.
>>
>>382076174
>know that pizza will provide nourishment and enjoyable flavor experience, spend $2, worth it
>unknown whether $2 game will provide entertainment or just be garbage, $2-$4 gamble

Known compared against unknown. Debate reveals information to make the unknown, known, in order to make an informed purchase at the cost of a finite resource.

I guarantee that you, hypocrite that you are, haven't bought every single video game ever or dump a shitload of money into the iOS or Droid stores to try every single derivitive Fappy Bird or whatever shit of the day is being cloned ten thousand times to confirm for yourself firsthand whether or not each one is worth the money.

>>382080860
>sturgeon's law
>opportunity cost

These. Rather than waste $2-4 on a garbage game I'd rather hold on to the money and maybe pick up a tool or something at a garage sale, or bypass 10 shit games and spend the $20-40 saved on a single game that's actually worth the asking price. There are games (and other media) I won't take FOR FREE because even the effort of downloading or launching the fuckers is more than they're actually worth.
>>
Only so much time in the day too. Can't always waste it on mediocre shit.
>>
>>382079191
i get a full fantastic pizza for that price here
>>
This whole thread is stupid. If a game sucks it sucks and you don't buy it. If a game is good then you buy it. If you buy shitty games because they're cheap then you have brain damage. If you buy games that have been being emulated since the late 90s then you're just a queer. End of story.
>>
>>382076174
Worth is defined as enjoyment. I wouldn't buy your shitty pizza slice, either.
>>
>>382076174
those developers were compensated suck my cock, the value of their product diminishes over time
>>
>>382083637
the problem is that nu-/v/ can't simply tell whether or not a game is good just by looking at it. i've been doing this since i was ten almost two decades ago. git sum sense, faggots
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.