[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got bored of this around the time Alex came out, but I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 6

File: sf5.png (52KB, 292x222px) Image search: [Google]
sf5.png
52KB, 292x222px
I got bored of this around the time Alex came out, but I'm thinking of getting back into it. What does /v/ think about SF5 now, is it still worth playing?
>>
I'm wondering where the fuck that third character is. It's almost July and that character pass costed $30.
>>
>>382075609
It was never worth playing, honestly. I'd say get into other fighting games, and if you really need a street fighter fix 4 is always an option.
>>
>>382075609
Nothing much has changed you may enjoy mucking around with the new characters for a hot minute but besides that you probably wont get much out of it if you didn't like it back in season 1.

>>382076106
Announcement at evo most likely.
>>
>>382075609
With Crossplay, it's still the game with the most online activity.

In terms of the gameplay, it depends entirely on what kind of player you are.

Are you actually GOOD, like REALLY good at the game? Then some might say SFV is a bit on the simple side.

But if you're anything below Diamond, then that shit wont affect you because you will never utilize even close to 90% of your characters' capabilities anyway.
>>
>>382075609
>is it still worth playing?
No, it's a shit game that will get patched when the next version comes out. No point in investing time into learning a character.
>>
>>382075609
Street Fighter V is not a good game
Play literally anything else
>>
>>382076484
>>382076340
>>382076278
Hello kappa

Still upset Kekken lost 70% of its online players in less than 30 days?
>>
>>382076587
you sure seem obsessed with tekken, anon
>>
>>382076587
Literally why defend Crapcom
What is in it for you
>>
>>382076738
>calling out kappafags and kekken's failure, no mention of capcom
>s-stop defending capcom!

You're obsessed
>>
>>382077212
I don't even play Tekken
>>
File: 1497495263648.jpg (29KB, 355x265px) Image search: [Google]
1497495263648.jpg
29KB, 355x265px
I think the game's worse now than before. There's Balrog completely busted. 2 bad guesses and you're dead. Guile is still the one and only zoning king. Ken gets you to the corner and you're dead. Urine takes half your life with one v-trigger... Seriously this game's so retarded and braindead that it makes you lose respect for everyone that plays it.
>>
>>382075609
Worth it for Ibuki and Kolin since she's new. Don't know about the rest but Guile seems popular.
>>
>>382078986
If everyone is so busted wouldn't that mean that there is a fair amount of counter play between good characters?
>>
>>382078986
I play Juri and I laugh at how unfair that shit is when I play against it.
>>
Oceanic Lobby

CFN: BaronGeneric
Pass: 1234
Comment: Anyone will do.

Burgers welcome to three bar memes.
>>
>>382080667
no one's going to join your trashy game retard

go play smash or something
>>
>>382080845
Nah.
>>
>>382080053
The counter play in this game is playing one of the gorillas and getting your ass kicked until you get v-trigger, so I guess you're kind of right.
>>
>>382076278
I tried it on PC last night. Still quite a few players.
>>
>>382076587
So still doing better than SFV then?
>>
>>382076587
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
File: s-l1600[1].jpg (249KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
s-l1600[1].jpg
249KB, 1600x1200px
I have put my HRAP for sale on ebay. It works 100% fine I just have no need for it anymore. The cord has been replaced after the original started getting intermittent signal, so I soldered a new one in its place.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/232359385982?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

I think it's a good deal for $80 shipped.
>>
>>382081592
It's even funnier when you remember that SFV has crossplay so, PC players have less of a reason to go to the more populated console. Making it easier to extrapolate to the popularity of the game as a whole. Whereas in Tekken, many PC players probably moved to PS4 just because of the playerbase, and it's still winning
>>
why dont you just fucking boot it up and see for yourself you impressionable fucktard
>>
>>382081592
Took SFV much longer to lose that many players.
I doubt that Tekken will have a thousand players in one year.
>>
>>382082119
I doubt SFV will have a hundred players in a year
>>
>>382082119
Tekken was also a complete game at launch so it also had more casuals.

Also
>>382081961
>>
>>382082197
LMAO
>>
>>382082306
>Tekken
>complete game
Dont make me laugh.
Plenty of people have matchmaking issues, online is generally broken as fuck and the game has pretty much NO features.
No trials, no tutorial, not even fucking lobbies that allow you to rematch or set the game to FT5 or 10.
Thats why its dying so quickly. Harada shat out a rushed turd even though he delayed the game for YEARS.

People are being extreme hypocrites about the Tekken and SFV situation. Its always ok when not Capcom does it.
>>
what do you even mean "get back into it"

every character takes at max 20 minutes to learn, and any other skill you'd improve on can be learned in other games

there's no reason to play sf5 outside of locals or couchplay for fun
>>
>>382082478
And yet it still had a story and an arcade mode.
>>
>>382082478
>People are being extreme hypocrites about the Tekken and SFV situation. Its always ok when not Capcom does it.

Or maybe it's easier to make excuses for something when the game underneath it is actually good. Tekken has more zoning characters than street fighter now FFS.
>>
File: 1494087018037.jpg (44KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
1494087018037.jpg
44KB, 500x336px
>>382082641
Worst and most lacking single player ever seen in a Tekken game oh yes give me five gorillion copies who cares about actual gameplay related features.

Eat shit.
>>
>>382082478
You're talking to people who have looking for a reason to gloat since release, have talked shit in every SFV thread since its release and have cried about every little thing about SFV since release. These people are obsessed with shitting on SFV as opposed to actually playing the games they shill.
>>
>>382082847
>Worst and most lacking single player ever seen in a Tekken game

And still launched with more features than SFV has after being out for a year. And it's actually a good fighting game.
>>
>>382082827
You dont even know fighting games, shut the fuck up.

Game is literally Tekken5 resold again and all characters STILL play exactly the same.
Game is also leaking players like mad shit and there's next to no interest in the tournament scene even though the game just came out.

Good my ass.
>>
>>382082938
No it doesnt have more features than SFV.
Thats the fun part.

Game is barebones as fuck.
>>
>>382082964
>You dont even know fighting games, shut the fuck up.

Last time I checked SF had literally only one character that could win through fundamentals and zoning alone.
>>
>>382075609
I tried to get into it but I ended up playing jojo heritage more often on fightcade. That game is fucking nuts
>>
>>382083116
As I have said, you dont know fighting games.
>>
>>382083363
So explain to me why I'm wrong then honeybuns.
>>
>>382083449
Karin, Birdie, Dhalsim, Chun Li, Vega and Nash all require great fundamentals to win with.

Fucking hell name ONE character in Tekken that has half the space control Dhalsim has.
You cant because all Tekken characters are the same shit.
>>
>>382083617

Akuma lul
>>
>>382083617
Kazumi tiger spam
>>
>>382083720
reddit please, Akumas fireball game is fucking useless in the tekken.
only thing he is good at is shitting out 80% damage combos because the game is fraudulent.
>>
>>382083823
>any projectile spam in a game with sidesteps
fuck off you dont understand fighting games on the most basic level
>>
>>382082119
>Took SFV much longer to lose that many players.
Took players much longer to accept that SFV is garbage and will remain garbage
>>
i like sfv.

take me away officer
>>
I really like SFIV and wanted to get V. It's really sad to see that it supposedly sucks, as I really wanted to see more 3 and Alpha characters that didn't get love in IV. Too bad instead of that we get more originals, though at least they seem better than IV's.
>>
File: SHOOOOTOOOOOOOOOO.gif (1MB, 644x321px) Image search: [Google]
SHOOOOTOOOOOOOOOO.gif
1MB, 644x321px
I used to defend SFV a lot.
I still think it has it's merits.
Good character design (some model work needed on shit like Ken alts or hair)
Females look great.
I love the soundtrack.
I like aggressive play.
That said they fucked my main, Juri, and the new moves they've added look so unpolished it hurts. Especially considering I switched to Cammy.
After playing a lot of other fighters from this gen now and really seeing more of the just basic flaws SFV has, I've just kinda left it behind for Guilty Gear and Tekken 7 (inb4fotm).
I also hate this E-sports shit leading to self censorship (R. Mika and Cammy)
Maybe they will eventually get their shit together and fix it fully and put out characters people want and recognize instead of lack luster newcomers, but honestly from a financial standpoint this games already fucked. Unless they make Juri how she was in SF4 again, I'm not too sure I'll care. Fun to watch a pro match on occasion though. I really enjoyed LIJoe at evo a while back.
>>
Would rather play GG.
>>
>>382075609
SFV is my favorite game right now
Dude I'm tired and I got to work in 7 hours so I'll make this quick and half assed..
SFV is indisputably the beet fighter out right now. People never under store the SF isn't worth shit. YOU are the story. Choose your character and rekt your path.
That's it.
9/10 game, worth every penny.
>>
>>382084764
A few corrections just because I don't care who I offend or if I'm breaking any rules..
SFV is the best fighter out right now.
People never understood that SF doesn't need a story, you are the story.
Play for awhile, give it an honest try.
You will see or you will quit as a noob.
>>
>>382084249
Season 3 will have old characters again.

Game is good anyways.
>>
>>382082119
Nope, it took SFV exactly 2 monts to lose its playerbase and remain at Ultra numbers on PC.
>>
>>382085118
Go to bed, shitter. You're not following the discussion.
>>
>>382085180
Got any tips on how to beat Ryu. Seems like a dumb question but I have no idea how to play against him, nor have any idea what a Ryu players gameplan is. I know what buttons i'm losing too but everything they do feels random unlike say a Ken or Ibuki where you know exactly what they are going for and aren't going to sweep at random times or stuff every one of your buttons with st.mp.
>>
the game is shit, and it is unredeemable. capcom doesn't give a shit about the game, and, clearly, doesn't give a shit about the players.
>>
>>382086057
Hard to say what you should do exactly because he is so basic.

If they sweep a lot don't press buttons and walk out of sweep range then punish.

Always expect jumpins.

Ryu has short range in this game many characters can keep him out.
>>
>>382076106
You paid 30 bucks for a mystery box that'll show up whenever the fuck it pleases.
>>
>>382086128
>crossplay
>free character unlocks
>free patches for years
Honestly they care more than any other company.
>>
>>382086214
I guess i just need non fraudulent block strings.
>>
>>382086291
>can't balance their game for shit
>rootkit when downloading Urien
>can't even follow their own release schedule for their DLC characters
>shitty netcode

They might care but doesn't mean they're doing a good job at caring.
>>
>>382086798
>moving goalposts
>>
>>382086890
>shilling
>>
>>382086214
I just played a Ryu who got 250 off a jab fuck this character.
>>
>>382084635
>I like aggressive play
but do you think that should be the only play in the game? SFV is extremely restricting, even Guile has to go in in this game. Nobody wins just by playing a really good neutral game and keeping the other player out or anything, and every round that isn't a Zangief matchup eventually ends up in a slugfest.

And it's not even an exciting slugfest. Optimal combos and setups are easy as shit to do to the point that everyone does the same shit.
>>
>>382075609
No. Play literally anything else. And don't get MvCI either.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.