[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this regarded as part of the holy trinity of metroidvanias?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (39KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
39KB, 460x215px
Why is this regarded as part of the holy trinity of metroidvanias? Everyone seems to admit to using a guide, so in one way or another it must have some major flaws.
>>
>>382073280
Good bait thread.

You'd use a guide when building a car, but that doesn't mean the car's design is flawed, dumbass
>>
It's always been massively overrated due to its difficulty and /v/irgins needing to prove their aptitude for something somehow. I loathe seeing it in that atrocious chart that gets posted all the time as well. It's in desperate need of an overhaul.
>>
>>382073280
It has plenty of good elements to it, but a lot of it is circlejerking over how cryptic it is. Basically any and all criticism is countered with "git gud". Literally the Dark Souls of /v/-approved Metroidvanias.
>>
>>382073280
I dunno. The only guide I used was the steam manual that came with it, and someone spoiled how to get the holy grail, but that's really just a QoL thing.
>>
>>382074308
Terrible bait analogy.
>>
>>382073280
I finished the main story without a guide.
I had to use one to 100% and do a fast run tho
>>
>>382074474
I mean... I beat the game without understanding any of the cryptic stuff, so maybe you're just a retard?
>>
File: hqdefault[1].jpg (49KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault[1].jpg
49KB, 480x360px
posting superior archeologist kino
>>
>>382076374
what a forgettable game that was...
>>
>>382074768
Isn't the holy grail like the first item you find?
>>
Is the version on Steam the one people like?
>>
>get item in a good metroidvania
>"Ah, the fire weapon! I can use this to deal fire damage, increasing my combat potential, but I can also go back to those grass doors I remember finding in the forest, desert, and ice areas! I wonder what's behind them!"
>get item in la-mulana
>"Oh, I got the blue key. I can open the two blue doors in the blue hallway and then proceed to forget that I ever picked it up. Yay."
>>
>>382077595

Yeah.
>>
>>382076781

>what a great game that was
>>
File: 1428486077533.png (347KB, 705x500px) Image search: [Google]
1428486077533.png
347KB, 705x500px
>>382077665
>cherry-picking

Here's your (you)
>>
File: 1473294371543.jpg (49KB, 447x723px) Image search: [Google]
1473294371543.jpg
49KB, 447x723px
>>382073280
>trinity
>one game and a remake
?????
>>
>>382073280
The original needed a guide while with the remake you could probably go and finish without a guide
Honestly you'll probably miss something by pure dumb assery
>>
>>382079052
Hes putting it alongside Super Metroid and SOTN I assume
>>
I tried playing super metriod and I got bored out of my mind. Is the whole game shit, or is it just crap in the beginning?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.