[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I infuse my Greatsword+6 to be RAW or Enchanted. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

File: guide_screen_ds2.jpg (493KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
guide_screen_ds2.jpg
493KB, 1920x1200px
Should I infuse my Greatsword+6 to be RAW or Enchanted.

It's 320 right now, Raw puts it at 368 base attack
Magic of course leaves it the same

I plan on enchanting it with Greater Magic and stacking int from this point on.

My build is

VGR 20
END 25
VIT 25
ATN 13
STR 28 (to use the weapon)
INT 40

Class is Swordsman

Also, does the quality of the staff affect how powerful an Enchant is at all ?
>>
>>382073093
You'll see a greater damage output from Enchanted due to your high INT, but beware that it's split damage. And no, staff quality doesn't do anything for buffs.
>>
Do what you think is best.
>>
>>382073093

Enchanted is where it's pure physical right? don't do that ever, pick the other magic infusion and whenever you come across a tough enemy buff it with spells, you should see a greater increase in damage that way.
>>
Should be pretty obvious if you're running 40 int to go with magic infusion...
>>
>>382073605

Or if you want a pure physical weapon leave it raw, for the enchant spells like magic weapon all that matters is the spell itself, in previous games the staff used to matter but in dark souls 2 it's a percent increase of the magic damage the weapon has, so in other words casting it from an unupgraded wand would make no difference.
>>
>>382073605

oh, I thought that was magic infusion.
>>
Very few weapons benefit from raw, if you notice raw removes all scaling on a weapon, so it should only be used on weapons with really bad scalings and high base damage or weapons with no scaling at all.
>>
>>382073093
What Greatsword?, It's Moonlight Greatsword by any chance?

Otherwise, you are better off with enchanted if you want to end up with +70 Int, otherwise, Magic infusion is better. You are probably better off infusing it with Magic until you get there actually.

What's the natural scaling of the weapon?, if its low maybe you can infuse it with raw, still, with 40 Int Magic sounds better. Also be aware that if you Enchant it all the damage your weapon deals will become physical damage.
>>
>>382074821

It's literally labeled 'Greatsword+6'

I need this cleared up.

I see a RAW infusion and an Enchanted one that says Magic lower on the main menu, so I thought that was the magic infusion.

I also planned on using Greater Magic on it.

Was I wrong and that there's an actual magic infusion called Magic Infusion ?
>>
File: RpA0kXw.jpg (30KB, 327x128px) Image search: [Google]
RpA0kXw.jpg
30KB, 327x128px
>>382075252

This should help guide you.
>>
>>382075619

lmao well that explains it, I didn't move the cursor over it as that's the only stone I don't have.

Can you enchant greater magic on a magic infused weapon ?
>>
What's your favourite build, /v/?
>>
>>382075897
STR/FAITH
>>
>>382075818

That's actually the ideal way to use the spell.
>>
>>382076271

For some reason I thought they'd prevent that.
>>
Post flaming swordman build
A good chaos weapon basically
>>
>>382076531

The way the spell works is that it gives +50 and a percentage boost to the magic damage of the weapon, originally you could cast it on the moonlight greatsword (a weapon that deals pure magic damage) and it was as hilariously broken as you can imagine, the only thing that doesn't work with infused weapons is those items you use to gain weapon buffs like pine resin or ooze.

I think greater magic weapon gives a 20% boost from memory.
>>
>>382076858

And if I cast Magic Weapon with a staff that sucks it won't affect the potency of the chant ?

Because my powerhouse staff is in the sword hand and buff staff is in the shield hand.
>>
>>382076990

It won't effect the potency at all, super staff+10 or basic unupgraded staff it is entirely the same.
>>
>>382076531
Nope, element stacking is the way to go in this game.

I run Sacred Chime Hammer with Dark Infusion and Dark Weapon under 60/60 int/faith. It's pretty fucking crazy and darkness is the element most builds are weak against only other Hexers and Pyromancers usually have good Dark resistance.
>>
>>382076990
It would be best if you kept both staffs in one hand or simply had one. You don't want to switch a buffed weapon for a staff because it'll remove the buff.
>>
>>382077485

Resistance scales with stats namely faith and int, the greatest increase you'll get is by going up to 20 in a stat, the difference in someone that leveled up the stat to 20 and one that doesn't have any int at all is probably a 20% difference in damage. To get dark resistance you need to level both.

If you wear the elemental rings alongside some gear with decent resists (robes tend to have excellent magic defense) you can cripple your enemies magic damage, it's a surprise people really never capitalized on that, it felt like I was the only one that realized it.
>>
>>382077814

Shield and buff staff are in left hand, sword and attack staff are in right. I buff the sword and use it till it runs out.
>>
>>382075897

I liked using my robflynn blue flame build I racked up an insane amount of wins on it, I wonder how far I was off rank 3 in the arena.
>>
>>382073093
don't use a GS and find something smaller and faster and buff magic you idiot, this isn't rocket science.
>>
>>382078154
Good thinking, other than the fack I'm smashing them with a great hammer that deals 364 phys, not pelting them with spells.

That's the good thing about melee hexers, its hard to defend against them and practically nobody runs Great Magic Barrier, let alone elemental resistance items. Even if they do, they usually prepare for Magic damage because of all the Crystal Soul Spear spam.

The Dark is king in Dark Souls II.
>>
>>382078558
That's not a good tactic, you want to be able to switch from melee to ranged combat on the go without constraints. If you do a Spellblade build ypu really want to capitalize on your versatility.

Why do you even have a buff staff?, Wouldn't your main staff work just as well casting buffs?, buffs don't depend on the staff sp literally any staff is good at casting them, there's absolutely no need to dedicate one just for buffing.
>>
>>382079768

Just the dispelling ring and dark quartz ring is a 27% reduction in dark damage, combined with the 20% you get from stats it's 47%, if you wear velstadt's armor to go with it you can get around 65% reduction before buffs and it's pretty good physical armor too.

People seriously don't understand the power of resist gear.
>>
>>382080876
Who seriously runs any of the quartz rings?, At most people use Dispelling becaus eit protects against any kind of magic, and even then its pretty rare to run it since its literally dead weight if you are against a pure physical attacker.

The only time someone is going to wear a quartz ring is when they know they'll fight that specific flavor of mage.

Also, I know well the power of resists, I run Velstadt Armor and Great Magic Barrier with my natural Hexer resistance to basically everything.
>>
>>382081421

You can easily swap in a ring when you see the glowing weapon or floating balls.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.