[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>starts raining >put a straw hat on and hide in the trees

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: WX-78.png (417KB, 561x720px) Image search: [Google]
WX-78.png
417KB, 561x720px
>starts raining
>put a straw hat on and hide in the trees
>die
>supposed to be a good character because you can eat spoiled food even though you'll never get the chance
>only way to make him uber viable is to wait around like a jackass to get struck by lightning or get lucky and find some gears on the ground
>>
>>382063694
But, hes a cool robot, and that's fun
>>
>>382063694
rule of thumb: if it can't grow a beard then it's not a good character
>>
>>382063694
>don't starve is hard
anon i...
>>
>>382063694
What's the point of Don't Starve? Every time I play it I get really bored trying to figure out what my objective is other than the obvious.
>>
>>382064512
Maybe you're just nor good at designating your own goals. That's okay.
>>
>>382064614
I'm not, it's why I couldn't get into Minecraft. If there's no goal I can't motivate myself to play.
>>
>>382063694
>digs a few graves
>becomes the best character in the game who'll never die
balanced
>>
>>382063694
Early game, make a straw hat and parasol (from flowers). Hug the trees when walking and you'll be fine.

Once you've got a base set up and some resources, make an umbrella or rain hat, and use them together or with one of the first two items. That will give 100% protection from rain.

>>382064851
I kind of feel the same way about it. You can try adventure mode, which is fairly challenging and gives you a goal to work towards.
>>
>>382064851
You could always do what I do as in "do everything that I'm able to do", like, kill at least one of every enemy (including bosses), make at least one of almost every craftable, etc. That will give you lots of clear goals, though you'll probably want to take a look at a wiki so you what you need for what.
I also enjoy trying to find ways to make the most "optimized" way to live after surviving becomes trivial during the late game.
>>
>>382065485
Not the person you're responding to, but the problem I have with optimization games, in general, is eventually I'll go online to see what other people are doing only to discover that the game has been optimized to death already. At that point the 'journey of discovery' is basically over, and whatever fun and challenge I might've gotten by figuring things out myself is gone.

I suppose it's like spoiling the ending to a game by watching it on youtube, in a way, but unlike that with optimization games you come to a point where you want to better understand the underlying mechanics. The problem is anywhere you find the mechanics, you invariably also find the optimal solution, which spoils it.

I feel like optimization, for the most part, should not be THE point of any game; it's fun and challenging to optimize, but most games are better if that's not the be-all and end-all. The survival game genre, in general, seems to suffer from this. I recently lost interest in Rimworld (again) for the same reason. Looked up optimized kill boxes, and suddenly had no desire to play the game anymore.
>>
>>382063938
But Willow is the best character in the game
>>
Game is too easy, even playing as wes on a world with less food/more enemies

Dst is way harder because your fellow "members" do jack shit and eat all the food YOU got for them, but do they care? No, cuz they died 15 minutes ago while your STILL trying to make a heart for everyone to revive with
>>
>>382066951
The thing about DS is that surviving for good periods of time is actually pretty tough, at least when you're doing it for the first time. Optimizing everything is mostly what you do in the late game as an excuse to keep playing.
I'd say the meat of the game is choosing how to spend your "free" time investing in the thing you either want or need. Like for example: there's 10 days left before winter arrives. You currently need winter gear in order to survive, but you could also spend time making your base better, or you could try to find yourself a safer source of food, or you could go explore more of the map, etc. For me, making these decisions is what's interesting about a game like this.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.