[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my nephew broke my 360 controller and I need a new one. Been

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 510yHayb-zL.jpg (106KB, 1269x476px) Image search: [Google]
510yHayb-zL.jpg
106KB, 1269x476px
So my nephew broke my 360 controller and I need a new one. Been thinking of getting something new is the steam controller good or should I just go for the xbox one controller?
>>
Xbone controller
>>
Have you dealt with your nephew or did you just say "lol thats okay buddy XD" like the fag you are?
>>
>>382061734

Second one. I'm not his parent so I can't do shit. Plus I wanna keep the cool uncle persona
>>
>>382061623
xbox controller
>>
>>382061813

>is a passive aggressive faggot with no balls
>cool uncle persona

Keep telling yourself that you gigantic retard.

I hope he breaks the replacement too.
>>
Nothing beats steam controller for customization. Don't listen to these plebs who only got Xbox controllers since the 360
>>
>>382062147
>oh god its your creepy uncle
>just smile and play games with him anon
>where did he get another controller, FUCK
>>
>>382062147
>taking out your autistic anger on an image board
>not understand the fundamental nature of family

Next your going to call someone a cuck unironically.
>>
I'd recommend the Steam controller since it's on sale right now, but the Bone pad is pretty good too.
>>
For $35 the Steam controller can't be beat if your main use case is modern 3d games or PC games that weren't designed for gamepads.

You can get a Steam Controller and a retro gamepad for about what you can Xbox pad and they'll generally do a better job.
>>
Steam on sale now so that
>>
I'm using a switch pro controller on steam and the joysticks got fucked up. They worked fine for 2 hours. Moving them in certain directions won't register anymore. Tried to calibrate in my device manager (windows 10) but still broken? Everything works but the damn joysticks on a brand new controller, Nintendo get your shit sorted. Wat do?

Should I just tank 35 for the steam controller?
>>
>>382066852
Didn't realise I was on r/techsupport.
>>
>>382066995
Eh better luck asking here then those autists who care about post history and number ranking like they do on other sites.
>>
>>382066852
>Should I just tank 35 for the steam controller?

Yes. Nintendo tech support is nonexistent
>>
xbox 360 wired controller is still superior to xbox one controller and cheaper too
>>
>>382067521
Figures.

The steam controller seems like an acquired taste, dpad is questionable looking and I've grown used to dual joysticks instead of that touchpad thing it has. Is it really that good?
>>
>>382068259

Because one is replaced by the awesome trackpad. Course having 1 analog stick for movement is still needed but the trackpad is better for aiming/camera movement
>>
>>382068515
How about the d pad? A lot of reviews say its bad.
>>
>>382068805

It's serviceable but not that great vs all the others. Only reason I don't care is because I never use a dpad
>>
>>382061623
Steam Controller is for MOBAs/MMOs. XBone pad, DS4, WiiU Pro and Switch Pro are all good, you just gotta try them personally to find which you like the most.
>>
>>382069104
Fair enough. I might buy one if my Switch pro controller continues to piss me off.
>>
File: 1478912628651.jpg (107KB, 696x779px) Image search: [Google]
1478912628651.jpg
107KB, 696x779px
>>382061734
>cut off all contact with my cunt of a sister
>alienated her kids because they annoyed me and broke my shit
>Never have to deal with their faggotry or her bitchiness
I've made good choices
>>
File: 1467519536978.jpg (17KB, 262x228px) Image search: [Google]
1467519536978.jpg
17KB, 262x228px
As a steam controller owner, I recommend the Xbone controller. Much more natural feeling and much simpler to get working. I appreciate what the steam controller does, and it's amazing for emulation, but damn sometimes I just want to sit and play vidya without making a config for every game. Plus the steam controller only working with steam is huge con.
>>
The steam controller is an impressive piece of equipment. It is annoying as fuck to use, though.
>>
>>382061623
I just wait until the local nonprofit thrift stores have their video game events and pick up practically new 360 controllers for $5
>>
>>382069546
Never tried it, but can't you just add any other software to steam and be able to use a the controller for it that way?
>>
Does a game expect you to use a Joystick and Buttons or Dpad and buttons as your primary and near exclusive form of input?

Yes? use a traditional controller
No? use a steam controller

This is how it works.
>>
>>382070427
Yes, you can.

The only time it's an issue is EA games and weird edgecases like WoW PTR where you need to use a separate launcher.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.