[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just beat pic related. Am I missing something ? The police station

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

File: NTSC_Resident_Evil_2_Cover.png (131KB, 323x308px) Image search: [Google]
NTSC_Resident_Evil_2_Cover.png
131KB, 323x308px
Just beat pic related. Am I missing something ? The police station was 10/10 but everything after was pretty boring and shit
>>
You're missing nostalgia goggles.
>>
So you beat the game's all campaigns, Claire A/Leon B, and Leon A/Claire B? And got all the unlockable bonuses?

>>382058628
people that unironically even try to use that argument have obviously never even touched this game.
>>
>>382058669
Only LeonA, ClaireB and half of Extreme Battle
>>
>>382059189
>Only LeonA, ClaireB
so just the wrong way around.
>>
>>382058669
>people that unironically even try to use that argument have obviously never even touched this game.
Holy shit the booty blasting is off the charts. Deal with it, kiddo. RE2 is overrated as fuck. The lab / sewer environment (e.g, the second half of the game) is boring as fuck. Even RE1 falls victim to the boring lab environment, which is fortunate it only takes up about 1 / 5 of the game.
> Claire A/Leon B, and Leon A/Claire B
It's also absolutely fucking pathetic you try to spin this as extra content. It's still the same shit with incredibly minor differences. It's not as if you get any different enemies / locations / bosses.
>b-b-b-but instead of fighting william on the catwalk beneath the chief's office...y-y-you fight william in the room where you insert the p-plugs!
Watch the salt, faggot.
>>
Real talk though, why does no one ever talk about RE3? I'm playing through it right now and I'm stunned that it barely gets any recognition anywhere. Nemesis showing up always scares the shit outta me.
>>
>>382059507
It's better than 2, that's for sure.
>>
>>382059370
>deal with it, kiddo
harsh words coming from a summer faggot.

You must have some extreme ADD to get "bored" in RE2. No, A/B campaigns are not "extra content", they are the MAIN content. And yes, there are plenty of differences.

And again, who are you quoting?
>>
>>382059243
Is there even much of a difference ?
>>
>>382059792
Enough, yes. And the style & way the story's told is waaay less cringy on ClaireA/LeonB..

Plus it's nowadays the canonical story.
>>
>>382059685
>harsh words coming from a summer faggot.
I'm not the one getting ass blasted over someone not praising RE2 as the second coming of christ.

>You must have some extreme ADD to get "bored" in RE2.
I'm actually providing arguments, you're just throwing an autistic tantrum. You see, kid, most of us aren't underage and started with RE1, we had already experienced a RE game before so by the time we got to RE2, it was already getting stale. As I already said, the sewer and lab environment takes up half of the game and it's fucking boring. Shit art style, just boring to explore.

>No, A/B campaigns are not "extra content", they are the MAIN content.
Playing A/B or B/A is acceptable. Playing both is only if you liked the game so much you want to replay it. Seeing as OP wasn't impressed by it, making him play the exact same shit twice with inconsequential differences is gonna make him dislike it even more.

You're trying to spin A/B and B/A is content worth experiencing. Only one of these is worth experiencing. The second is only worth it if you enjoyed the game so much you want to replay it. Because that's exactly what you're doing if you want to try the other.

>And yes, there are plenty of differences.
Such as different placement of certain items and boss fights with the exact same mechanics occurring in different rooms? Woah.

>>382059792
No.
>It's still the same shit with incredibly minor differences. It's not as if you get any different enemies / locations / bosses.
>b-b-b-but instead of fighting william on the catwalk beneath the chief's office...y-y-you fight william in the room where you insert the p-plugs!
>>
>>382058036
>that shit fucking taste
Horrible.
>>
>>382059963
I'll give it a chance.

Also if I didn't love 2 but think REmake is one of my favourite games, will I enjoy 3 and CV ?
>>
>>382060373
CV is underrated and the only RE game with an interesting story.
>>
>>382059507
Because when you subtract Nemesis out of it is essentially just a smaller Resident Evil game than the first two and Code Veronica which got release near the same time. What's good is there but it just isn't as much as the content of the other games. Similar to the criticism I have of Dino Crisis, if you forget that is dinosaurs for a second the first game is just Resident Evil with a tiny ass map. I think it was easy to distinguish two as the best game before Remake came out for the simple reason that most of the content in these games is the same but two offers you the most shit and the most replayability within.

The Nemesis is impressive though because it is the one genuinely scary thing in these games that consistently feels like a threat. I also think the game had one of the best intro's on the PlayStation. Jill's ass was also torturing me as a teenager.
>>
>>382060181
All that monologue with yourself really is making me worried. You should consult a professional so you don't hurt yourself.

As far as I see, I've not made any sort of notions of RE2 being my favorite anything, nor my first game in the series. And that's simply because neither is true; I started with RE1, but RE2 was a major upgrade.

It is also quite ironic that you're making the whole "it's the SAME GAME, just different character!" statement, when RE1 is quite literally the same. Even worse at it infact.

>>382060373
I personally love 3 to bits. It's more of a "RE2.5" sort of ride, but very fine tuned. Has lots of unexpected replay value thanks to randomized elements, different "routes" and literal choices you can make, and one of the most iconic antagonists in gaming history.

CV I have never quite liked, but it's a necessary chapter in the series' story if you're into it.
>>
REmake > 3 > 1 > 2

People overrate 2 because for most people here it was the first RE, and only RE, they played.
>>
Can someone please recommend some good newish horror game that are not Amnesia clones which are nothing but glorified walking and reading notes simulators. Get Even sucked, Outlast 2 sucked, half of RE 7 sucked.

I just want something that doesn't sacrifice gameplay for cheap thrills such as Condemned, Classic RE, Eternal Darkness and Silent Hill.
>>
>>382060632
>It is also quite ironic that you're making the whole "it's the SAME GAME, just different character!" statement, when RE1 is quite literally the same. Even worse at it infact.
When did I ever state it's worth playing through both Chris and Jill's campaigns in RE1? You must have some genuine autism, because that thought was literally the last thing on my mind when I typed out my previous post. You got booty blasted over someone not thinking RE2 is as good as you think it is, so now you're begging OP to try out the reverse scenario.
>i-i s-s-swear i-it gets b-b-better!
It's the exact same game.

>As far as I see, I've not made any sort of notions of RE2 being my favorite anything
I never once said it was your favorite anything. Are you feeling alright, anon? Your autistic brain seems to be frequently inserting arguments I have not made. You're clearly ass blasted over someone not enjoying RE2 as much as you did though, as I stated before.
>>
>>382060650
>People overrate 2 because for most people here it was the first RE, and only RE, they played.
I seriously doubt such people even exist anymore, even less so on this leddit v2 site of ours.

RE2 was just a phenomenal game, that while owed a lot to RE1, still improved the formula a lot.

>>382060950
Afraid Of Monsters: Director's Cut
Cry Of Fear
Underhell: Chapter 1
>>
>>382060650
I think it's more likely at this time that people have only played 7, Remake or 4 or that one of those were their first game. The classic trilogy is seen as too archaic for the kid's today with the hair and the clothes.
>>
>>382060950
Alien Isolation is a hide and seek simulator, but a decent one with limited combat options.

The Evil Within is shit, don't fall for the meme.
>>
>>382061159
That's me
>>
>>382061159
>The classic trilogy is seen as too archaic for the kid's today with the hair and the clothes.
How does this make any sense when the original 3 play exactly the same as REmake? The graphics are the only downgrade.
>>
>>382061113
Played those already, I was particularly fond of Underhell, really ambigious project and I loved the whole messy, cheesy ride start to finish.
>>382061260
Evil Within was unironically my game of the year.
>>
>>382061659
the REmake is considered archaic. there are people who cannot wrap their mind around tank controls and fixed camera angles.
>>
>>382060950
games like that don't exist anymore.
>>
>>382061930
It sucks being old man, I've tapped out on good survival horror. Played everything from PSX all up to source mods on PC. There is no backlog for me.
>>
File: Chimera.jpg (9KB, 150x244px) Image search: [Google]
Chimera.jpg
9KB, 150x244px
>>382061659
I don't why kid's think that but they do. In my opinion as someone who speed ran the first and second game before half of you were probably old enough to touch a controller the original Resident Evil had a better pacing and flow to the gameplay before Remake's additions added a lot more backtracking and needlessly locked rooms. I also preferred the original's music before the dualshock versions shitty soundtrack and then Remake went with more boring ambient stuff. The trade-off was that the mansion was more interesting in Remake, it was more replayable in a tangible sense for the average player and of course it had better graphics. You might argue the combat is also more accurate.
>>
>>382062342
There's The Evil Within 2 coming out soon which looks like it could be great even if the first one sucked
>>
>>382062342
I know that feel. Have you played Fatal Frame or Echo Nights?
>>
>>382062780
Yes but that reminds me... There was a obscure PS2 OR 1 game I remember aquiring many years ago, it was only released in Japan. The game begins with death taking you over the river Styx in a ferry and you battle your way out of hell in first person. The game was impenetrable and the lack of English didn't help. I'd like to give that another go.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.