[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Imagine a 3D fighter that's more advanced than anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: Akira_VF1.jpg (142KB, 551x768px) Image search: [Google]
Akira_VF1.jpg
142KB, 551x768px
Imagine a 3D fighter that's more advanced than anything in the market currently.

Now imagine it has a graphic style ala Virtua Fighter 1. Would you still play it?
>>
>>382057403
>more advanced than anything in the market
What on earth does that even mean in the context of a fighting game? Actual collision detection? 1:1 hitboxes? Because that's about the only thing I think can really be improved on in the genre.
>>
>>382057607
He probably means shit like that, as well as animation cancellation that isn't a janky or jittery mess and the ability to do shit like fake out an opponent.
>>
>>382057403
no

no one would play it

because despite the faggots that romanticize the notion of "graphics don't matter"

they actually do
>>
>>382057902

True, but play your cards right and the style might work in favour of the game.

eg. Super Hot.
>>
File: 1462910743324.jpg (44KB, 496x520px) Image search: [Google]
1462910743324.jpg
44KB, 496x520px
>>382057403
what the fuck does more advance even mean?

Because "more advanced" doesn't mean more fun

Both Tekken and VF had to tone down later entries because shit got too cumbersome and annoying
>>
>>382057902
Aesthetics matter. Graphics don't
>>
Hell yeah i would. If processing power was taken off high poly graphics and given to realistic physics and interactions it would be a dream
>>
>>382058007
but thats an artistic style that benefits the game

the way the game plays suits that visual style because its surreal and feels like a "matrix" simulation

the idea behind fighting games, is that you need it to look fluid and feel satisfying. But in order to achieve that, you need good visuals, doesn't have to be realistic, but it has to be able to stimulate the visual senses enough to engage the player
>>
>>382057403
You mean like Toribash?
>>
>>382058397
yeah, thats why no one buys remastered games or anything

i mean no one bought Ocarina of Time or MM on the 3DS

because everyone was just so attached to the aesthetics of the N64 versions
>>
>>382058334

Just a rough idea, but I'd say things that VF and Tekken couldn't implement due to limitations. This hypothetical game probably wouldn't use Tekken 4 and VF3's dynamic backgrounds (and if it did, the hit detection would be highly advanced to justify it)

Regardless, the real question is whether or not VF1's blocky style would be aesthetically pleasing in this day and age,
>>
Hell yeah I'd play it
>>
>>382057403
Virtua Fighter and low poly models in general are starting to become retro now, so I could see something like that being fairly popular.
>>
>>382057403
Now I just want a new VF.
>>
>>382058774
Those remasters had nicer aesthetics ie. nicer textures nicer colors nicer art direction. The polycount/techical graphics were only minorly improved.
>>
>>382058903
because there is so much to consider

>block button?
>8-way run?
>hi/low crushes?
>position change throws(tekken 4)?
>p/k/g layout or 1/2/3/4 layout?
>wavedashing?
>ring outs?
>stage transitions?
>juggles or no juggles?(realistic)
>VF throw teching or Tekken Throw teching?
etc....

and what are you going to bring to the table?
>>
File: 35m1hdk.png (555KB, 640x384px) Image search: [Google]
35m1hdk.png
555KB, 640x384px
>>382059437
>minorly improved
>>
>>382059645
Theres only a few extra polys on the new link. You underestimate the power of a highly skilled texture artist
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.