[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm getting my Switch+BoTW bundle in a few days, should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

I'm getting my Switch+BoTW bundle in a few days, should I start on hard mode? Is the base game really easy?
>>
>>382052071
Nope. Everything will oneshot you for the first 10 hours or so as you veeeery slowly build up your heart supply and can actually heal occasionally. And even then you can run into enemies that do like 10 hearts of damage, but you can (and should) avoid those.
>>
>>382052071
>should I start on hard mode?
No.
>Is the base game really easy?
Hell no.
I died half a dozen times within my first hour.
The beginning makes Dark Souls seem like casual Nintendo game.
>>
>>382052071

First off, I wasn't aware there's a bundle for just the Switch and Botw.

The game is going to be pretty difficult early on for someone playing for the first time, but it will get progressively easier. Collecting so much food that you can always heal is what breaks the difficulty. The more time you put into it, the easier it is.
In hard mode enemies will be doing more damage but they'll mostly be damage sponges that also heal. For someone's second playthrough they would know how to kill them efficiently, but it's probably going to be a struggle for a first playthrough.
>>
File: OK.jpg (91KB, 375x500px) Image search: [Google]
OK.jpg
91KB, 375x500px
>Get to the ruins with the turrets
>"Haha ez I'll just hide behind this rubble before they shoot"
>The beam hits the wall behind me and the explosion is so big that it kills me anyway
>>
>>382052071

The game's not really difficult as long as you're not a retard diving into a mob with a twig and handful of arrows. Play smart and you'll be drowning in gear.
>>
yes play hardmode. This is one of those games where you can pause the game and just heal
>>
It's very easy as long as you're well-prepared.
>>
>>382053195
Doesn't Hard mode remove that?
>>
>>382053736
I hope so
>>
>>382053736

Unless they're withholding information, no.
You can always just impose that challenge on yourself though, don't heal in the middle of a battle and make preparations beforehand.
>>
>>382052071
>First off, I wasn't aware there's a bundle for just the Switch and Botw.

Probably not official. Stores are making up their own bundles in order to drive up prices of the Switch while supply is scarce.

>I'm getting my Switch+BoTW bundle in a few days, should I start on hard mode? Is the base game really easy?

I say do what you want. As the previous posts say, the game starts out kinda difficult as you have no resources and learn from your experience but as you progress and get more hearts, better armor and tons of food the difficulty basically goes down to "you'll only die if you're overwhelmed by a bunch of enemies". Pausing to instantly heal kinda breaks the game anyway.

I wish eating had a cooldown or something, like you can only eat one type of food per amount of time. This forces you to cook several different meals and as I learned earlier there are actually a shitton of different meals in the game.

>>382053736
As far as we know, no. I don't recall anything from what they showed in Treehouse.
>>
>>382053961
Cooking takes time though, and requires gathering resources. Healing is never "free" and if you're constantly getting hit you have to spend more time preparing meals than you would not getting hit in the first place.

Personally I just hate menu:ing in general, especially in the heat of combat. Wish there was some sort of heart drops like in the old games.
>>
>>382053961

I think a fullness meter and/or gradual healing would have made it perfect. They took a good step forward with aggressive enemies that can deal a lot of damage, but they took a huge step backwards with the giant inventory of healing items and being able to pause to heal. Skyward Sword had a really great system, where you had to choose between having more potions or passive buffs and higher ammo capacity, and healing was done in real-time.
>>
>>382054451

My friend sucked ass at the game and he still managed to get by with the amount of food he had. You don't even have to spend a lengthy amount of time farming for ingredients. He would rarely lock on, he didn't even know how to dodge or parry, yet he got through the game by just tanking hits and healing. Later in the game the only times he would die was when he was too stubborn or lazy to heal.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.