[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He makes a dual wield melee character in Skyrim >Normal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 89
Thread images: 10

File: 1497336161345.jpg (25KB, 357x412px) Image search: [Google]
1497336161345.jpg
25KB, 357x412px
>He makes a dual wield melee character in Skyrim
>Normal difficulty
>Just stands in one place and attacks nonstop and tanks every hit, hoping they'll outlast the enemy

How do people have fun playing through the game this mindlessly? There's basically no skill or strategy involved, just grinding and fighting whatever is at least slightly weaker than you.
>>
>>382050807
Skyrim takes literally zero skill or strategy, fuck of child. That game was always boring as fuck with the dullest combat ever.
>>
>>382050807
Let me guess.

You played stealth archer.
>>
>>382050987
Is there any other way to play this game?
The magic is still shit even with mods
>>
>>382050929
>>382050929

There's very little skill involved but the least you can do is strafe and block attacks to avoid as much damage as you can.
>>
>>382050807

Theres also deciding when to use power attacks or potions. The game encourages hybrid builds though, considering you'd be able to get to the end of the light armor and one handed weapon builds before level 30 or so. At that point most people would invest in archery or maybe a magic school.
>>
>never level up
>you can beat the game lvl1 and it´s much easier too
bravo
>>
>>382051239

My problem with hybrid builds is enchanting makes it very inefficient. I always want a build where I use both a bow and melee weapons, but once you get high attack bonuses from enchanting it's not worth it. You'll want an attack bonus on all your equipment, and you have to choose between melee or bows or settle for much less damage. Unless you swap your clothing every time you switch weapons but that's time-consuming.
>>
Sounds more fun than my first playthrough

>stealthfag with illusion magic
>finally learn invisibility
>every fight for the rest of the game is "sneak attack, cast invisibility, sneak attack, cast invisibility, sneak attack..."
>>
>>382050807
Games don't have to be fun.
>>
>>382050987
>>382051125
This. Magic is trash. Stealth archer is literally the only way and it's very fun on PC. Now I'm thinking of installing the game and spending half a day installing mods.
>>
why block when you still take damage til you put perk points into it? why not just bonk them on the head as fast as possible with the most damage to just end the fight?

that's why. dual wielding was useless too, simply because only the power attacks actually used both weapons. and even then, it wasn't stronger than a two hand weapon. when DW, all you ever could do was do a weak power attack compared to a two hand weapon, or attack using a single single weapon but now without magic or a shield in the other hand. DW was worthless in skyrim unless you were using it to mass soul trap stuff.
>>
>>382052190
>stealth archer
>fun
it's fucking boring.
everything in Skyrim is boring
nothing has weight or importance or matters
everything sucks

You can not name a single good feature in skyrim, it is thoroughly boring and lacking in content/features.
>>
>382052169
>trying to cash in on yesterday's (you) train
>>
Normies think Skyrim is a 10/10 game, so that's why
>>
>>382052415
It's fun at times. Definitely more fun than clunky melee and absolute abysmal tier magic.
>>
>>382050807
"Actual" combat is dull and uninteresting as you described.

That's why most people eventually end up with a stealth/archer build. At least it's more fun than trading blows until one of you falls over.
>>
>>382052746
>It's fun at times.
it's tedious as fuck, at least with melee you just charge in, bonk them on the head quickly, and be done with it in a minute instead of killing one (at best, usually have to hit some enemies multiple times), and then hiding in the shadows waiting for them to give up their search.
>>
>>382053019
Have you even fucking tried stealth like AT ALL?

If your weapon isn't total shit you will kill them in one hit.
>>
Without mods skyrimjobs is complete dogshit news at 11! Least todd isn't here to shill his crappy game.
>>
>>382052269

Blocks still reduce the majority of the damage you take, and goes up to like 80-85% damage reduction. That's better than taking full damage. Plus the quick reflex perk is one of the most useful perks, anytime any enemy uses a power attack you can essentially dodge an attack and avoid all the damage. It's actually pretty broken.
Unless you're just going to spam stamina potions you can't just use power attacks endlessly.
>>
>>382050807
>Just stands in one place and attacks nonstop and tanks every hit, hoping they'll outlast the enemy
isn't that Dark Souls in a nutshell?
>>
>>382053319
yes, not til late game was I OHKOing people, and even than, bosses needed two some times three hits. very tedious to wait for a group to calm down so I could stealth one of them again. melee was boring too, but at least it was faster
>>
>>382053621
again
why bother to block 20 damage when you have 400 health and can simply kill your enemy by bonking them on the head 10 times? why waste time doing that when you can just kill them via massing M1?

also
>he doesn't have a drain stamina enchant on every melee weapon
I stopped doing basic attacks at like level 10.
>>
my irl friend will open console and tgm if he dies even once, then turns it back off after he kills whatever gave him trouble. i don't understand how he has any fun that way. skyrim is even casual as fuck, who does that
>>
>>382054296
You turn invisible when you crouch if at midgame if you invest properly
>>
File: darksouls.gif (985KB, 281x200px) Image search: [Google]
darksouls.gif
985KB, 281x200px
>>382053783
>dark souls
>tanks every hit
>>
>>382053019
>and then hiding in the shadows waiting for them to give up their search
>not taking them on with a melee weapon once they have spotted you
You were playing it wrong.
>>
>>382055490
Not him, but in DS1 with Havel shield you can block almost anything and just wait to deal dmg.
>>
>>382050807
>Normal difficulty
When will you faggots realize normal difficulty basically means "easy as fuck but not completely braindead", unless you're a kid or extremely new? Once you've been playing videogames for long enough you should always go for the hardest difficulty modes if you're looking for even the slightest challenge, otherwise there is no fucking point.
>>
>>382056149
>Highest difficulty is just every enemy has inflated stats which you will easily surpass in no time
Whoa
>>
>>382050807
If I want fun and engaging combat I'll play anything besides Elder Scrolls.
>>
>>382056113
which you only get after almost finishing the first half of the game
behind an illusory wall which many players never found
requiring 10 more strength than you need to reach the scaling soft cap and being so heavy that no one except very few builds ever bothered using it
>>
>>382050807
There is only one way to make vanilla Skyrim fun. Don't increase your heath beyond 150 HP and put everything into Stamina.
Now the game becomes stagger the enemy to not die or don't receive damage to not get sync killed
>>
>>382057038
Why are you playing RPGs at all?
>>
>he thinks selecting higher difficulty modes isnt just artificial difficulty sliders in where scaling damage and damage taken
>he thinks the challenge increased and not just becoming more tedious
>>
>>382057343
true
>>
I used to play Skyrim on Master, and it was more annoying than fun.

Just leave it on Normal and do whatever you want.
>>
>>382052190
Mid range crossbow was kinda fun. Just install the dodge mod and try not to get hit.
>>
File: GigginoxMad.jpg (36KB, 360x538px) Image search: [Google]
GigginoxMad.jpg
36KB, 360x538px
>>382050807
Because they have bigger imagination than your fat ass who just plays games everyday. Get outside you fat piece of dogshit!
>>
File: 1490963143500.jpg (46KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
1490963143500.jpg
46KB, 1024x576px
>>382057606
>duel wielding
>imagination

its generic as fuck
>>
>install a combat overhaul mod of your choosing
>play on harder difficulties
>get a parry mod
Then you can have fun.
>>
I just become a god and fuck shit up. I cast a couple Dremora Lords and sit back laughing while they tear apart fearful bandits and then I eat their corpses as any good Bosmer should
>>
>>382051125
How is it magic is shit but my characters always inevitably wind up getting their ass tore up by mages?
>>
>>382050807
>Not installing TK dodge
>Not installing Dual Wielding Block
>Not installing Wildcat / Smilodon or Ultimate Combat + combat evolve and revenge of the enemies
>>
>>382057456
I watched a LP on playing the game at the hardest difficulty. The general plan seemed to be hiring and summoning NPCs that are also affected by the difficulty slider and hoping they can do all the work until you can min/max yourself with one attack.
>>
>>382057765
It's not shit you just need to enchant stuff. If you start a mage and use all those petty and lesser soul gems after soul trapping goats and mudcrab type enemies you raise the skill in no time and then you can enchant rings and amulets with destruction to reduce the cost. Once you get that dual casting stagger perk you're all set.
>>
>>382050929
>people who's never played on hardest difficulty.
>>
>>382057449
This. Maybe go play marbles or something, it doesn't sound like you understand vidya
>>
>>382057449
Skyrim is not an RPG
>>
I just use sneak and walk in front of everything
>>
>>382057765
Magic seems to ignore armor or something. Which is why you can steamroll an entire dungeon and then get fucked by the mage boss at the end.

You playing as a low HP character? If so, that would explain it all.
>>
>>382050807
The combat in Skyrim is shit but at least it is better than the combat in Morrowind.
>>
>>382050807
Skyrim combat is inherently boring and mindless
>>
File: reggie3.png (575KB, 1200x643px) Image search: [Google]
reggie3.png
575KB, 1200x643px
>>382052169
If the game isn't fun, what's the point?
>>
>>382058214
dumb
>>
>>382058979
Being progressive.
>>
File: Khajiit.png (726KB, 986x1062px) Image search: [Google]
Khajiit.png
726KB, 986x1062px
>Bethesda difficulties
>people playing without Requiem
>>
>>382058979
Games can be compelling enough that it can overcome shitty gameplay.
>>
>>382059179
But it's still fun, just another kind. By fun I mean enjoyment in general.
>>
>>382051190
why would you do that instead of tanking hits then spamming potions? that's how the game is designed to be played
>>
>>382059156
>only a single pair of tits
Why even bother with furfaggottery when you aren't going all the way?
>>
>>382059156
>requiem
lol
>>
>>382057765
NPC mages recover magicka at full speed while in combat while the player regens at 0.33 speed.

Additionally, NPC mages recover magicka WHILE casting spells so they're constantly recovering their magicka.

And finally, they all have a 50% reduction to spell costs so they can machine gun spells at you basically forever because Bethesda can't into intelligent AI so they just made mages spam spells instead.
>>
>>382059156
>using fucking requiem
gross. there are hundreds of better ways to make the combat more interesting
>>
>>382057675
The complexity is in their heads. In their heads their doing cool shit... More imagination then requiring the dev to do it for you on a screen so you can be told to do it.
>>
>>382058214
Oh no the numbers are higher, now I'll have to drink a few more potions after I pause the game to use the menu. What ever will I do
>>
>>382050807
I added so many Magic and battle mods I don't have this problem. You must be some sad ass console fag
>>
>>382051125
What's a game where magic combat is not shit?
>>
>>382059737
>get one mod that makes the game just the way I want or spend hours trying to balance hundreds of mods not designed to work together
Nah, fuck off.
>>
>>382050807
Because magic is even worse. Charge up two handed destruction and heal with restoration for godhood. And it's not like Skyrim has good writing, quest, or level design to support it.

You literally need to pretend that you are playing a good game.

>>382059743
>>
>>382060240
>le Skyrim is a bad game meme
Go to bed, kid.
>>
File: DAvEya5UAAAI-hf.jpg (43KB, 552x459px) Image search: [Google]
DAvEya5UAAAI-hf.jpg
43KB, 552x459px
>>382059879
>Using am outdated piece of shit instead of better alternatives because you are lazy
>>
>>382050807
>Dual wield
>Dragon bone or dadric armor
>Max out the attack speed
>Find room full of assholes
>Use the time stop shout
>become the shrike
>>
>>382060589
>The quality of posts is extremely important to this community. Contributors are encouraged to provide high-quality images and informative comments.
>>
>>382060589
>magic
>shit
>choices
>shit
>samey draugr dungeons
>shit
>infinite, randomly generated quests
>a new, previously unknown level of shit
>world
>ugly, grey homogeneous tundra
>(shit)
>story
>shit
>dlcs
>shit

Heathfire feels like something Bethesda wanted modders to fix, but they never did. So the result is a DLC in which you can "raise" kids but in which you can't teach them a single thing.

The Civil War doesn't feel like a war either. You can become leader of all of these factions in a week (also shit) but it pretty much just boils down to going through forts soloing everything. And whatever your race is none of the Stormcloaks even acknowledge it.

Skyrim just felt like a huge ass step down from even Fallout 3, starting with getting rid of the fame and morality meters so that nothing you did had any impact, but this continued into other aspects such the amount of responses you had access to, and memorability of level design (can't tell one Skyrim crypt from another but I can definitely remember Fallout's grocery story and hotel). Guards will still ask you if you fetch the Companion's mead 50 hours into the game.
>>
File: Crossbow.png (273KB, 902x902px) Image search: [Google]
Crossbow.png
273KB, 902x902px
>>382050987
Stealth crossbowman.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (23KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
23KB, 480x360px
>stealth archer

Combat archer much more fun.

Mod in shortbows with faster draw speed and locational damage, then run around battles spamming arrows like legolas. Fuck sneaking. Add trick arrows for maximum Oliver Queen gameplay.
>>
>>382061862
>Guards will still ask you if you fetch the Companion's mead 50 hours into the game.
Jesus christ I literally slew the most evil dragon ever, bitch slapped demons of the apocalypse, vampire kings, went to the afterlife for an afternoon, my armor is made out of fucking dragons, my sword can kill gods... But ask me again if someone took my sweet roll, fucko. I dare you.
>>
>make new character in skyrim
>don't even bother to do quests or kill enemies
>just wander the entire lands taking pretty pictures due to the ENB mod I installed
>manage to have fun

I regret being lazy and not installing this shit before I beat the game and both DLCs.
>>
>>382059709
This pissed me off. Even with maxed out armor, my mage wasn't even as half as good as an npc mage. And magic became shit on higher difficulties.
>>
>Not playing at highest difficulty
>Not playing as a mage with base health

Nowhere near as enjoyable as magic in Morrowind, but wading through bandits with a pair of Dremora and cheeky use of paralysis magic held a certain amount of novelty.
>>
Modding Skyrim is more fun than playing the game.
>>
>it has been SIX YEARS
>witcherfags are STILL assblasted

Will Skyrim's dominion ever end?
>>
>>382065457
I'd rather play NV working for the NCR then play Skyrim.
>>
>>382059156
Source?
>>
Conjuration is definitely the most OP. Dremora Lord is pretty much unstoppable and it's ridiculously easy to level your conjuration even without cheesing. If you summon a bound weapon once or twice every fight you will be level 100 conjuration by like level 10.
>>
File: 1497292465009.gif (1MB, 230x268px) Image search: [Google]
1497292465009.gif
1MB, 230x268px
>>382050807
>Whoaaa whoaaaa why don't people play the game the way I want them to play it!!
You would be a great game developer
>>
>>382067393

For people who are picky about gameplay and I had knowledge about game development? possibly.
For the normies, I would not even attempt to make the game because I wouldn't be passionate about something I wouldn't enjoy myself.
Thread posts: 89
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.