[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Anon, you're in college now, you shouldn't be playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_7977.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7977.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>Anon, you're in college now, you shouldn't be playing vidya, even if you are making excellent grades; vidya is for kids and adults who play vidya are low in society.
>>
>>382050778
Damn Windows 10, sorry about the image.
>>
>>382050778
You really shouldn't, there are plenty of more productive things you can do with your downtime like actually learning something useful.
>>
>>382050778

>low in society

Does your dad have a Roman numeral at the end of his name? Are your mom and dad brother and sister? Who talks like that?
>>
>>382050778
Fascinating theory. Let's see how it holds up.

First, I'd need to know your metric for why video games are supposedly shitty. Looking just at money in the industry, they're worth more than the global movie industry, after all.

So come on, give me a reason why you assume adults who play video games are 'low in society' compared to those who watch movies, or play football, or listen to music etc.
>>
>>382051553
>"shouldn't play vidya"
>posts on /v/
>>
>>382051553
Like going on a videogame board and tell the users they shouldn't do what they enjoy?
>>
>>382051740
autist
>>
File: 1455913148042.jpg (270KB, 500x740px) Image search: [Google]
1455913148042.jpg
270KB, 500x740px
what's the point of getting a good job if i can't spend my money on vidya

I studied 8 years to become a dentist and now i buy all the vidya i want
>>
Last time I checked I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>382050778
You're right dad! Tomorrow I'm going to throw away my pc and start sitting on the couch for 6 hours a day, only watching sports or CNN, just like you.
>>
>>382052114
Contribute to the national economy
Those Trump Steaks (tm) won't buy themselves
>>
"Remember kids, OUR way of spending free-time is the ONLY way to spend free-time!"

Trademark and Copyright by the Narcissistic Boomers Society
>>
>>382050778

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”

second time today that i post the infamous lewis carroll quote.
>>
>>382052449
Lewis Carol was autistic
>>
>>382051979
Wonderful little bit of ad hominem there. Succinct too! Pity it's also utterly generic and doesn't tell any of us a god-damn thing, or support your argument in any way.

So far, an assertion has been made; I have refuted with evidence; and you have offered nothing in return. I'm winning.

>>382052376
>contribute to the economy
Video games are a luxury item. By buying them, money is circulating, companies are growing, people are being hired and the economy is being stimulated.

>>382052569
Further ad hominem. If you keep this up, people will start to think you have absolutely no merit in your argument, you know.

>>382052254
>>382052445
Satire. Not particularly elegant, but effective, I suppose.
>>
>>382052792
Look, i don't say you're wrong, but could you be a little less pedantic, it would make your arguments so much more effective.
>>
>>382052792
so this.. is the power.. of the oldfag
>>
>>382052449
There is a difference between liking things that children also enjoy and being emotionally childish.
When someone says grow up they are obviously talking about being a rabbid tantrum throwing baby. Crying over being insulted or not getting things your way.
>>
I've been out of college for ten years now
>>
>>382050778
Someone somewhere will always think what you're doing is wrong no matter what it is, so fuck errbody
>>
>>382050778
My low security is mostly your fault so stop complaining.
>>
>I have parental issues, please stroke my ego to help me feel better /v/
no one cares
>>
>>382053301
I have very little to work with here. Until an assertion is made, I cannot refute it and as I did not start this argument, the burden of proof does not lie with me.

>>382053332
Not as old as you'd think. Maybe six or seven years and I'm only 27 now.

Now come on OP, debate is an essential skill and it's not that hard. Let's see what you've got. You DID come prepared for people to challenge your assertion, didn't you? Or did you, acting like a spoilt child, assume no-one would question you and we'd all just happily accept whatever bullshit you spewed?
>>
>>382054943
You are literally autistic. OP didn't want a debate and he certainly doesn't agree with the first post premise considering it's green texted. He only wanted a circlejerk of manchildren
>>
>>382054943
>27
If you don't have a doctoral degree, a steady job with a yearly salary of at least six figures after taxes and a stable white family of which you are the sole breadwinner, you are at failure at life.
>>
>>382055432
>doctoral degree
>six figures
They make less than high school math teachers.
>>
>>382055432

If you post on 4chan you're a failure at life.
>>
>>382055130
I am bored out of my skull and debate is interesting; can stimulate under-used sections of the brain; and might even introduce me to ideas or information I had overlooked.

>>382055432
Do you mean to imply that roughly 95% or more of the human race has 'failed' at life? What metric are you using to measure success here? Income? We all know the adage that money does not buy happiness.

Further, what if my sexual preferences do not include white women? It's a genetic fact that we are pre-disposed to desire what is unusual to us, so as to preserve genetic diversity. I might prefer blacks, latinas, or Asians.

Further, I would postulate that those given values for 'success' are those impressed upon you by your parents. Have you stopped to consider how society has changed since they were in their twenties? We are economically, socially, politically and technologically in very different circumstances to them, thus what can be considered 'successful' must also be re-considered.
>>
>>382056243
Go smoke some weed and play vidya if you're that bored.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.