[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if voice actors can unionized and go on strike, does that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 530
Thread images: 45

if voice actors can unionized and go on strike, does that mean devs should too?
>>
>>382045293
>copy paste devs deserve more money

xd
>>
>$450 million is somehow not enough.
>>
>13.5 million dollars to say "enemies top floor!" "Blyat!" "Ramirez"!

Yeah fuck off
>>
>hurrr i deserve more money for growling into a microphone
is there a group of people more entitled and economically illiterate than vidya VAs? fucking bernie bros are more tolerable than these """people"""
>>
>>382045293
Salaries aren't based on percentage of sale. These are meaningless statistics.
>>
>>
Devs actually matter and their working conditions are actually fucking awful a lot of the time, but their field is so saturated that a strike isn't really possible. If they went on strike they'd be replaced in an hour tops.
>>
>>382045491>>382045564
>>382045626

Should I explain in detail why you are a cuck?
>>
I don't know shit about company economics. All the devs and voice actors and so on are salaried, so who gets the money if a game sells shitloads and makes tons of profit? Do they just invest it into the next game?
>>
If the Game Developers unionized, then how the fuck are the Publishers supposed to trust them to deliver a quality-product.
>>
>>382045293
Is this an edit?
>>
>>382045813
>ad hominem
>>
>>382045564
Fuck I meant 4.5 million, dunno how that happened
>>
The reason COD makes that much money is the multiplayer, which has minimal VA. Stupid strawman argument
>>
>>382045293
All these games would only be marginally less enjoyable without the voice actors.

Nobody is forcing them to do this job.
>>
>>382045813
go ahead, give it a try
>>
>>382045626
>>382045564
>>382045457
fucking faggots get off from sucking your corporate lords cock you morons
>>
>>382045293
These people, the voice actors make more than this.

They goto comic cons, gaming conventions etc.
>>
I think the VAs should be ashamed of themselves.
>>
>>382045626
Hell, Yeardley Smith makes 300-400k per episode and all she does is Lisa's voice.
>>
>>382045491
>>382045564
>>382045937
Now spread that money across hundreds of performers over the spam of 15 years
>>
File: otter.jpg (103KB, 600x844px) Image search: [Google]
otter.jpg
103KB, 600x844px
>>382045293
More than they deserve honestly.
I really can't think of a game series that needs voice actors to work. There's some voice actors that really bring a lot of charm that wouldn't be there otherwise (Charles Martinet is a great example of this, a mute Mario wouldn't be as interesting), but no game series needs voice actors to work.
>>
>>382045293
>preformers go on strike

>hire new voice actors for cheaper

wow, really showed them
>>
>>382045293
How much did the devs themselves get?
>>
>>382046014
speaking is not a skill. VAs are lucky they get paid at all.
>>
>>382045686
Obviously. The argument seems to be that they shouldn't make salary but something proportional.
Don't screen actors often try to negotiate for a percentage of gross earnings?
>>
>>382046202
Then you do some VA
>>
>>382045293
Their performance is around 0.005% of the reason it's successful so it really seems they're getting overpaid.
>>
>>382046147
Since VAs include all the shitty bit parts, it will take a VA on average 10 hours to record all their voicework
Let's highball it and say there's 500 VAs
That's 9000 bucks per VA, so an hourly wage of $900
>>
>>382046248
The named stars; often only 1 per movie if any.

Janitor #3 wouldn't.
>>
Imagine talking to mic? It must be a horrible labor!
>>
tell you what, industry. I will do mediocre voice work for 20/hr. The quality in-game doesnt change and you save a bunch of cash. deal?
>>
>>382046154
exactly what this meme strike has accomplished. newer and fresher faces are now providing their voices instead of talentless hacks like tr*y baker and l*ura bailey. turns out, when all you need for your job are working vocal cords, you can be easily replaced.
>>
>>382046014
>Jewish unions or Jewish corps
Might as well watch both get fucked in seperate occasions
>>382045293
Depends.
Half of the roles are expendable, VA benefit from both the novelty generations back and the "cinematic" push
>>
>>382046506
I think the BotW VAs undercut you.
>>
>>382045293
>Performers
Who buys a video game because X voice actor is in it?
>>
>>382045293
How about instead of unions, people with passions go back to making games in their basement and get away from this huge budgets crap that need to rely on publisher money to make anything?
>>
>>382046526
>*
>*
...??????
>>
>>382046623
Literally no one
>>
These babbies would never be able to work a Nip VA schedule
>>
>all these talentless contrarians who don't appreciate good VA
VA is crucial for immersion. GTA V would have flopped if it had shitty Oblivion style bland acting.
For every moment you don't spend thinking about the acting being off but rather the line itself, you have VAs and directors to thank.
>>
>>382046623
Troy Baker's mom
>>
>>382045293
>devs
>ever going unions

good luck trying to make crunch time fly
>>
>>382046665
Troy
Laura
>>
How many emploies has ever been hired by infinity ward or whatever?
>>
>>382046917
You'd have to be retarded to go into the vidya industry as a programmer
>>
Being a VA has to be one of the easiest, most overpaid jobs on the planet.
>>
>>382047013
Programming is actually the most stable position you can have in a studio. It's the hardest to replace and game marketability is directly proportional to the quality of code.
>>
File: 1497833116529.jpg (10KB, 427x249px) Image search: [Google]
1497833116529.jpg
10KB, 427x249px
>>382045293
>[Huge corporation] has generated $15 billion to date
>But the janitors only get 0.03%!
>>
File: 1332658923658.gif (817KB, 350x197px) Image search: [Google]
1332658923658.gif
817KB, 350x197px
>>382046894
>VA is crucial for immersion. GTA V would have flopped if it had shitty Oblivion style bland acting.
Then why didn't Oblivion flop?
>>
>VA should get a percentage
>Even though they are online involved in 5% of the work
>Meanwhile the actual animators, programers and artists are not even close to what the VA get NOW
really activates your almonds
>>
>>382046325
Don't need VAs when all you need is text and good music and sounds.
>>
>>382046894
Depending on the game VAs can be important, but as they're already getting paid nicely, why should they get more money than this?
Beyond certain point VA quality is not at all determined by how big name they are or how much money was paid for their work.
>>
>>382047082
It's not overpaid considering for every successful "star" there are at least a hundred second and third rates.
>>
>>382047163
I imagine it's a more stable job than fucking gameplay designer or whatever, sure. I simply meant compared to taking your programming skills literally anywhere else though. Every single software firm will have better conditions than a vidya studio
>>
>>382047204
Because Morrowind, graphics(it was 2006) and being a decent open world RPG.
People still made fun of the voice acting even as Bethesda tried to market it as a cool new thing.
>>
>>382047351
>Every single software firm will have better conditions than a vidya studio
Please elaborate
>>
>>382046894
Deus Ex has terrible voice acting and is incredibly immersive.
>>
>>382047204
Because it was still too early for hundreds of videos and thousands of forum posts to rip it a new one and discourage buyers.
Unlike now when GTA V has mixed revoews after a day or two of protesting.
>>
>>382045293
>>382045293

Many games are story driven and voice acting does matter a great deal.

Devs are idiots. It's their fault they don't unionize. Tech industry workers are usually too stupid to do this. They get fired all the time out of the blue.

Now Devs are attacking voice actors but they won't complain about how the companies are mistreating them.

It speaks more about what game devs aren't willing to do to elevate their job security and conditions rather than voice actors supposedly getting too much.
>>
>>382047441
I SPILL MY DRINK
>>
>>382046325
>He thinks all you need to make a game is a voice over.
>Laughing sluts.
The people who make the game work 400 times longer and make 400 times less, go suck a fucking dick.

>Va comes in.
>Grunts into mic.
>Collects $10,000 per sentence.

>Texture artists comes in.
>Spends 20 hours working his ass off.
>Gets a bottle of coke but cant return the glass for money because he gets paid by salaries
>>
>tfw there are people being paid only 8.25 an hour to talk for 8-9 hours straight to people who treat them lower than dog shit, but some man-bun having pissant who gets treated like a fucking celebrity feels that he should get residuals and be paid more because "speaking is tough"
>>
>>382046970
Why did you hide two letters...?
>>
>>382046387
>10 hours
Not arguing any other point here but I won a sweepstakes that involved being paid 1,200$ to do a radio commercial for my hometown's pools. Based on that experience and every production report I've ever heard of anything with a producer; that's definitely not how it goes.

It took me 5 8 hour sessions to read and try to incorporate every whim the recording producers had, then whatever riffing whoever in the room thought they were a genius. I had 4 pages of scripted lines they wanted each day; and the commercial wound up being 103 words.
>>
>>382046917
>crunch time

There wouldn't be a crunch time if they actually spent their time working. They all just sit around and jerk off for months then shit their pants when deadline is coming and end up working 100 hour weeks.
>>
>>382045293
Counterargument: nobody bought a CoD title because of a VA.
>>
>>382046894
>muh immersion

i swear i remember being pretty well immersed in all those snes games i played with zero voice acting.

I also remember being immersed in Halo CE which didnt use "professional" voice actors at all.

basically eat shit you talentless hack, i prefer the devs themselves hamming the shit out of voice lines
>>
>>382047458
fun fact: Tommy Vercetti VA from Vice City wanted to get more money from Rockstar for being in such a big game and their response was "how about we kill off your character?"
>>
>>382045293
call of duty has proven the devs don't matter at all either since this scenario is exactly what happened. the original devs left to form respawn games. activision just replaced them with a bunch of randos and life went on because gamers only care about the franchise. activision also handed the series off to some other dev for every other installment (was it treyarch?) and still gamers didn't give a shit. they just blindly buy the franchise.

activision holds the IP so they hold the power. it's been proven that literally everything else is replaceable. if the people buying games actually valued devs and and voice actors then they would get more money, but it's been proven time and again that gamers don't care.
unlike holywood where the actors can command alot of money because moviegoers actually value the actor. a big holywood name can make a movie successful all on it's own. the same is not true in video games.
>>
>>382046147
that's a shitload of money, you fucking faggot. you can make multiple AAA games with that
>>
>>382047441
It may have been in its day but now the early 2000s blocky graphics and over-the-top B action movie acting are laughable.
>>
>>382046014
You do realise that if they start giving everyone residuals than the price of games will probably increase as a result,right?
>>
binge working code monkey devs do much more than voice actors, and yet they earn much less than somebody who works for 30 minutes a day and literally only reads a script
>>
>>382045564
This is correct, most of the CoD voice actors don't really do much, and you could probably get anybody to do the work.
>>
>>382047652
cutscenes =/= immersion
>>
File: 1486423995924.jpg (58KB, 396x691px) Image search: [Google]
1486423995924.jpg
58KB, 396x691px
>>382045293
>15 Billion to date
>Performers on received 0.03%!!!

>implying the franchise didn't tell the voice actors how much they were gonna make
>implying the voice actors couldn't decline if they offered too little
>implying franchise would have to pay a lot for this

That's fucking stupid. That's like me getting pissed off at burger king because I worked there and they made billions in a year. No fag, I worked there voluntarily and the pay I got was fine. If I don't like it I fuck off and let someone else work for that rate.
>>
Jap VAs:
>have to voice a game
>have to sing character songs
>have to voice drama CDs
>have to go to concerts
>have to do conventions

American VAs:
>have to voice a game
>have to do conventions where half of them fuck their underaged fans

If they want to get paid more like Japanese VAs do (and this shit started because a lot of them noticed that Jap VAs get paid more), then they should have to do all the shit that the Japs do.
>>
>>382047431
Really? You'll very rarely have to work 100 hour weeks to make a release deadline in normal programming work
If you go into a big enough company you can have a 9 to 5 lifestyle forever
>>
>performers deserve more than the people who wrote their lines, made the game, made the architecture, and made the art
this isn't even a real debate.
>>
>>382047550
Not possible, that would ruin the whole cinematic medium mantra and push games back 10 years.
>>
>Companies wont hire Unionized Workers
HMM I WONDER!
>>
>>382047461
Plenty of story driven games have miserable or no voice acting. People still like the stories.

Voice acting really does matter, but at the same time it's rarely if ever crucial. You can use good voice as an effective way to tell the story, or you don't and people aren't going to miss it.
>>
Wait is this fucking strike still going on?
Jesus what a fucking embarrassment. They've been at it for what, half a year now? And all they've got to show for it is absolutely nothing. No game has been delayed, no one has boycotted publishers, no one has even fucking noticed. This strike is such a total failure that these dipshits HAVE to keep it going instead of swallowing their pride and realizing that they are not what people buy games for
>>
The actual developers actually need/deserve this shit, unlike voice actors.

You are expected to do unpaid overtime, and are always disposable since game devolpment is a super popular industry with tons of of new blood flowing in. Being brought on then fired after a single project is the norm, and you get zero IP/ownership rights of the stuff you make, there are no royalties for them, etc.
>>
Everyone should go on strike honestly let's just freeze the world for a few days till the fat kikes at the top start sweating.
>>
>>382047498
Fucking this. I worked in tech support at a call center, dealing with completely fucking retarded customers who seem to have trouble understanding that it's perfectly normal to not get wifi reception when you've fucking encased your router in the drywall between rooms because you "Didn't want to see wires or the modem because it ruins the decor!"

Fuck those people, I should have been paid 500 dollars an hour just to deal with that bull shit, it was so fucking infuriating dealing with absolute morons that I just left that job out of frustration with a damaged sense of trust in humanity at that point. Some of these people were fucking doctors and shit and they're incapable of fucking remembering their own wifi passwords in the same phone call where they set it. Jesus.
>>
>>382045293
I'll be honest I could not tell you the name of a single character from the COD series because i haven't played the single player since Black Ops 1 and I did not even finish that one. The performers are a surprisingly small part of what makes COD,COD when most people will be playing multiplayer for months on end.
>>
>>382047803
"Really" what
I have no familiarity with this kind of work in general
Do you really need to be a dick about it
>>
>>382047832
Why have both get more then?
>>
>>382047740
Cutscenes are one part of immersion.
>>
>>382045293
Supermarkets have sold 15 million ice cream tubs to date, yet Trump only gets 2 scoops
>>
>>382047652
No, it still is, now kill yourself.
>>
>>382048019
I think I restrained myself quite well in explaining these widely-known facts to you
>>
>>382047774
This.
>I agreed to do a job for certain amount of money but now that amount is companies doing wrong against me!
All this is about is them wanting more money.
>>
File: fem.jpg (161KB, 715x1133px) Image search: [Google]
fem.jpg
161KB, 715x1133px
>Its another /v/ pretends they know how game development / game industry works
>Get hired as a VA
>They get paid as a VA
>End up doing more than just voicing some lines through a baseline
>>
I hope all voice actors around the globe refuse to work on any videogame ever, so we can finally have good and long dialogue in Elder Scrolls again
>>
>>382048106
>fem.jpg
kill yourself unironically
>>
>>382047774
Exactly. Kids don't give a shit about fucking voice actors, they just play it with their friends. Most of them probably never even play the campaign.
>>
>>382048071
>discussing something
>someone asks to elaborate on something for the sake of conversation and to hear your take and possible personal experience on it versus looking it up
>be a massive douche about it
I bet people love you at parties
>>
>>382048031
you can get shitload of immersion and atmosphere without cutscenes
>>
>>382047992
>>382047498
Actor has talent and marketable skillset, the customer support can be literally anyone.
Work smart, not hard.
>>
>>382047507
Reddit self-censorship
>>
>>382046526
Funny thing,when Guy Cihi(VA for James Sunderland in SH2) wanted to get residuals from Konami, Troy Baker stood up for Konami. Now he wants residuals as well.
Troy Baker's performance in SH2 HD Collection is also one of the worst things I've heard. At least the guys in Deus Ex tried.
>>
>>382048251
Did I pass out and end up on tumblr or something? Stop being a whiny faggot
>>
>the stuff you do of the whole videogame is like 0.0001% of the workload and literally some random janitor could do your job for a small wad of cash
>get 0.03% of the money
>still want more
>>
>>382045293
what about the programmers and code monkeys that actually sat down and crunched out the numbers to even make these games in the first place? what about the hours they had to work and the things they had to sacrifice for this 15 billion dollar franchise? i cant imagine they actually made much more than the performers frankly
>>
>>382048258
How, walking simulators? Trying to teabag NPCs in Half Life while they speak?
>>
>>382045293
Every industry worker should complain about this.

Do people think an actor let alone animator gets anything close to 1% of what Disney generates?
>>
>>382048358
>damage control
>>
>>382045293
Who the hell buys a CoD game for the voice actors? Any braindead vagrant off the street could do the same voice acting job. The developers of the game itself deserve most of the money.
>>
>>382045293
>>382045813
Surely these workers can make more money doing a different job or making their own entertainment, right? Why rely on others if they think they deserve more money?

Seriously, answer that.
>>
File: 1491969096765.gif (118KB, 510x419px) Image search: [Google]
1491969096765.gif
118KB, 510x419px
>>382045293
>Performers
>>
>>382048194
MTGTOW spotted
No one is triggered by a word like that besides you
>>
>>382048384
Programmers chose a bad place to display and use their supposed skillset that gives them that title.
Code monkeys are replaceable like dull razor blades, they don't even need to think, unlike actors.
Hard work has no value.
>>
>>382048024
because that's what jobs are. You get paid to do something, you aren't entitled to a percentage of the revenue. that's an incredibly unstable way to pay your employees, not to mention more convoluted (increased costs to pay them). This is how capitalism works. This is how hollywood works too. Actors make big bucks, but they aren't seeing a cut of the revenue (usually). Like, fucking Ian McKellen isn't walking away with .03% of LOTR's revenue and he's a much bigger piece of that production.
the point of this image is to put a BIG number next to a SMALL number to trick the reader into thinking actors dont get paid enough. .03% of 15 billion is a lot of fucking money. Voice actors get paid well. Don't let anyone fool you. They're just out for more money because they think they're more important than they actually are.
>>
>>382045293
>>382048489
Yeah, developers are probably paid just as much.
>>
>>382048403
Stalker: shadow of chernobyl for instance
or Limbo
or Uplink
or Red Orchestra
etc
>>
>>382048579
this
>>
>>382048573
>Code monkeys are replaceable like dull razor blades, they don't even need to think, unlike actors.
go to bed, Nolan. Developers literal job is to problem solve all day. Voice actors need only show up a few days/weeks, they're the ones that don't need to think.
>>
We don't need "professional" VA's.
>>
>>382048489
You'd be surprised how easy it is to not act well. You're just a shut in know it all who can't appreciate well done work.
I bet you've been pissed at gamepkay balance and bugs morw often, or at all, than bad VA lines.
>>
>>382048251
> versus looking it up
You sound like the people crying about others not spoonfeeding them sources. You're clearly not from here.
>>
>>382045293
Yes they should.
>>
>>382048573
>they don't even need to think, unlike actors.

Because impersonators don't exist?

Did you know it wasn't Michael J Fox in the Back to the Future game?
>>
>>382048712
Nolan is actually against the strike, he was called a scab for showing up at the VGA's and calling the devs the true stars.
>>
I'm all for better conditions regarding scheduling, breaks in their like 8 hours of screaming into a mic, and just a better work environment in general, but percentage pay based on game's overall earnings doesn't really seem like something that's needed. Pay bumps? Sure, if the role warrants it.

I just feel like VAs aren't as important to a game as actors are to a movie, but they want to be regarded as such.
>>
File: 1496778585882.png (29KB, 300x162px) Image search: [Google]
1496778585882.png
29KB, 300x162px
Nobody plays games for specific voice actors. You can hire random schmucks off the street and pay them minimum wage to be in a video game and they'd be ecstatic about it. Voice acting isn't necessary, bad voice acting only hurts a game and good voice acting only helps the game slightly and that's if the story is good too. Writers and artists and programmers should be paid more, not these pompous assholes with big egos. You talk into a microphone, it's not fucking hard. You get a cushy sound booth and you might hurt your voice doing the same line 10 times, boo hoo. Joe is working for pennies compared to you, working overtime during crunch periods, getting underpaid, treated like a slave, coding how to make your character's eyelashes flutter just right in the wind physics for the past three years.
>>
>>382047652
Deus ex is one of the few games i can actually recall being completely immersed in the story. It was one of those games where you look at the clock and somehow 12 hours have passed.
>>
>>382048830
Try actually reading the posts you reply to
>>
>>382048712
There is no problem solving as a code monkey, you just do exactly as you're told. You're not qualified for more or contracted for less.
A good actor has to read and deploy a line once and make it flawless.
>>
How are developers responding to the strike? Are more voice actors being hired?

I don't believe that having a generic tough-guy voice is a skill rare enough to twist the arms of multibillion dollar companies over.
>>
>>382048894
that makes sense, he makes good money because he's a good voice actor
>>
While we are on the topic of VG voice actors, I really hate how some people are like "Oh man, Japanese voice acting is WAY better. They don't exaggerate as much and its not as cringy."

Like, holy fuck you massive retard. You aren't Japanese, so you've never heard regular Japanese conversation. NO FUCKING SHIT JAPANESE VOICE ACTING SOUNDS MORE "NORMAL" TO YOU. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO COMPARE IT TO. It's probably just as overdone as English voice acting you fuck. Fucking idiots.
>>
>>382048384
Look up how much the average vidya programmer makes. You'd be surprised.
>>
>>382048987
>A good actor has to read and deploy a line once and make it flawless.

But they always have multiple takes. Seriously though, there is only a limited supply of actors.
>>
>>382048342
Troy what happened to you, at least we have Matthew Mercer until Naughty Dog will get his hands on him like they did with Troy and Nolan.
>>
WAAAAH! MY SHITTY VOICE ACTING DOESN'T GET ME MONEY!!!
>is an A-list actor
>>
>>382047520
that seems like a weird prize to win
>>
>>382049053

Weeaboos are deluded, what's new?

>nip dub
>all female "voices" are high pitched squealing that sounds incredibly out of place and phoned in
>this is just like one of my Japanese animes
>>
>>382048712
Don't most real actors view voice work as an easy buck? I know i'v read a few stories how A-listers joke about how easy doing voicework on animated movies and video games is and got a shitload of flak from VAfags.
>>
>All these people saying the current VA's are expendable and easily replaced
This isn't your fucking mcjob.
>>
>>382049053
you reminded me of case with s.t.a.l.k.e.r. games
russian players often play with english VA while english speaking players prefer russian VA, both sides complain about quality and prefer ones they understand less because they sound better
>>
>>382048987
>There is no problem solving as a code monkey, you just do exactly as you're told.
you really don't get how this works do you? Nobody is micromanaging 100+ programmers on their every move. There's an overarching goal, and that's broken down into smaller goals for smaller teams. No one is telling programmers "oh hey man, just write 3 functions that point to these other functions". You're handed problems and you have to solve them. You have meetings to talk about the best way to solve it.
this idea that programmers don't think is the most naive thing in this thread.
right next to this:
>A good actor has to read and deploy a line once and make it flawless.
voice actors say their lines multiple times multiple ways, just like "real" actors do for their director.
you don't know shit about anything. get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>382047184

To be fair, that is an argument people are making....
>>
>>382046894
GTAV is a terrible example and you should feel retarded for using it. The actors did wayore than just provide their voices, they provided their likeness to be used as in-game avatars, and also did mo-cap to actually play a role in the game.
And I seriously doubt a cuck like you knows just how much they got paid for the role.
>>
>>382048660
Unmodded STALKER is exactly a repetitive walking simulator with endless fetch quests.
Limbo is some minimalistic indie game.
Red Orchestra 2 is made by the VAs. PTSD threads and sound files being ported over to other games are empirical evidence thereof.
>>
>>382049185
Yea, but it's ridiculous. Like a friend of mine refuses to get the new Zelda, because it has english voice acting and its "SOOO BADD HURTS HIS EARS :(((" Then you hear the fucking nip version, and its generic anime #2156
>>
>>382049275
But that doesn't make it a good argument
>>
>>382048973
You literally got assblasted over someone going
>"REALLY?"
when he could have called you and your mom a retard for not knowing basic facts.
>>
>>382049053
It doesn't sound normal, just more energetic, compared to the monotone and lifeless lines seen in most western VAs. At least that's my experience, as someone who's not jap or american.
>>
These voice actors must have a lot of money if they can just go on strike like that
>>
>>382049053
Many voice actors are shit.

I see people praising Teen Titans and shitting on Teen Titans Go. Watching S1 of TT and the voices are so out of place and slow.
>>
>>382049560
Weird, considering its the same voice cast
>>
>>382049487
plus, anime is very stylized in it's performance. Japanese is a language that depends on inflection a lot and in a very specific way. It doesn't translate to english that well.
also, anime isn't made for english, it's made for and makes more money for japanese audiences. That's why english VAs are garbage, because they don't get paid a lot because no one wants to pay them a bunch of money to act really well to a small audience.
>>
>>382049560
>Watching S1 of TT and the voices are so out of place and slow.
To be fair most shows characters will sound different especially in the first season.
>>
>>382049165
Yeah, year before that the same radio station gave away a current-year Pontiac Sunfire's first year of payments.

I imagine many small city TV and radio stations half-ass their shit.
>>
>>382049252
Actually software architects and lead programmers make the scheme of the objects amd algorithms. The rest is college homework tier shit like "write an algorithm that does X and Y with A and B."
You're thinking of movies. Actors are often rushed or rush themsepves to finish and get on with the project. They're paid by the line.
>>
>>382049630
Well when the animators get paid less because the voice actors decide to go on strike...
>>
>>382049240
>strike has been going on forever
>still no sign of anyone giving a fuck besides /v/ laughing its ass off
>>
>>382049342
took you a while to respond
>Unmodded STALKER is exactly a repetitive walking simulator with endless fetch quests
more like, Unmodded stalker is broken mess that can still offer great atmosphere also
>doing fetch quests in stalker
ISHYGDDT
>Limbo is some minimalistic indie game.
yet its immersive through its simplicity and its a textbook case of "less is more" not a single word is spoken yet sound design is excellent. game is still too fucking expensive tho.
>Red Orchestra 2 is made by the VAs. PTSD threads and sound files being ported over to other games are empirical evidence thereof.
more like, VA is done by developers, not the other way around :) example of this being done before can be VTMB, where devs did excellent job without spending money on some washed out professional VA
also nice job skipping Uplink, a game that is mostly composed out of text and icons yet can draw you in like nothing else.

also another one for you, Mount and Blade, I thought it would be nice to hear from you about this one
>>
>>382046014
kek stupid commie
>>
fun fact, a large majority of the voice actors in call of duty are veterans with no or few other opportunities for work in the market because the country they served and fought and potentially lost limbs for decided to send all of it's manual labor overseas.
>>
>>382048892
He had a cameo in the later episodes as one of Marty's ancestors in the 1930s.
>>
>>382049392
>>382049275
Even a manager of Starbucks or Walmart make shit.
>>
>>382049764
>>took you a while to respond
What a weird thing to say for a reply that comes after 8 minutes
>>
>>382049313
That just helps my point. VAs have a lot to offer to the team. Realtime performance capture is why they dotched Ironside in Splinter Cepp Blacklist. The community also screamed to get him back.
Voices matter.
>>
Yes, they should.
>>
>>382049884
Yea, but when VA's have a lot to offer, they are paid based on how much they do.

Don't be retarded
>>
>>382049868
What's your point? I'm unsure if you mean "shit pay" or you're implying they make more than voice actors.
>>
>>382049630
>>382049682
I'm hoping it did improve after S1.
>>
>>382045293
If devs/programmers could actually unionize worth a shit it'd do a hell of a lot more than the VA strike is doing. No one gives a flying cunt, apart from /v/, who just laughs at it.

Seeing Nolan North say on stage getting an award the strike was pointless and the devs are the real stars warmed my heart.
>>
>>382049764
>devs did excellent job
It's your shitty low-standards opinion. it was the usual suspect of overacting in most characters. I cannot remember a single voice that sticks out because of uniqueness in tembre and intonation. Rather I just remember some caffeinated cucks yapping on the radio station.
>>
>VA expects top-dollar for working on literally one thing
>they don't
>"m-muh voice actor's guild..."

This is why you see Tara Strong in literally everything. Fucking whiny piss-babies like David Hayter and Ashly Burch need to talk to their damn agents and get to work.

This is also why we see literal deviantartists in games like Zelda BotW, since some folks are actually begging to do voice work, even if it's just for one character.
>>
Imagine if you had a job as easy as talking into a microphone and you decided to go on strike.

None of these people have ever done an honest days work in their life
>>
>>382049560
That's more to do with the editing and line placement than the voice actors. Many of them were already established before TT and as such the poor match ups should be blamed on the cutter and editors.
>>
>>382050183
Compared to what companies make managers get little, just like VAs get little for what the products generates.
>>
>>382048261
>screeching "Ah, Yu-sempai" into a marketable skillset

lol, no. Voice acting does not take talent. Literally anyone can be a voice actor. There are literal who's on Youtube that are making better dubs than the so-called professionals. The only reason these assholes want residuals is because they are beginning to realize just have insignificant they really are. A voice actor can easily be replaced by some schmuck that sounds like him.
>>
>>382049764
And as far as M&B goes, if the face models aren't discouraging already, the I WEEL DRRINK FROM YA SKAHL really nails the seriousness of intention the devs have with their product. Typical no name studio.
>>
>>382047585
>Stuff that didn't happen
>>
>>382046541
Unions aren't intrinsically Jewish. They represent a form of class collaboration and compromise which is more fascistic than anything.
It's not unions' fault that they're so often filled with revolutionary leftist trash using them as a beachhead.
>>
File: 1401836016711.jpg (50KB, 600x557px) Image search: [Google]
1401836016711.jpg
50KB, 600x557px
I wonder if western VA industry will hit such a point when it will be easier to hire stage actors and actual professionals to do it instead of some no-name shitters thinking too high of themselves.
>>
>>382050348
Ah yeah, obviously that makes sense. I see no issue with that though. They get paid for their work, if they want more then they can move up and take more responsibility. I fail to see why a manager should get %.1 or more for their work in such a big environment
>>
>>382046628
history tends to repeat, hopefully this will be apart of it
>>
>>382045293
They want Voice Acting in games to be the new Hollywood. But what they don't know is that VA works based on hours or sessions and whole process wouldnt take a month to finish. Their work is meaningless compared to what devs have to do.
>>
>>382050442
Youtubers? Like egoraptor amd that other fat fuck? They would have been long picked up and done work for adultswim or TV if they were truly that good.
>>
File: 1496080927356.jpg (30KB, 650x440px) Image search: [Google]
1496080927356.jpg
30KB, 650x440px
>>382045293
15 Billion = 15 000 000 000
15 000 000 000 x 0,0003 = 4 500 000
(According to http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/franchises/Call-of-Duty/, there were 120 voice actors in whole Call of Duty series)
4 500 000 / 120 = 37 500
37 500 / 13 (number of main CoD titles) = 2884$

By averge each actor got almost 3000$ for each game.
How's that bad? I doubt recording all this shit takes more than a month for actors.
I admit I have no idea about living costs in america but where I live you can easily survive on this for 4 months, even if everything is expensive in burgerland then I still really fucking doubt 3k wouldn't be enough to survive for a month.
>>
>>382049240
Nolan North was replaced by Troy Baker who was replaced by Matt Mercer who will soon be replaced by Ray Chase. You've got newbie voice actors being told to sound like more well known voice actors. Fancy a guess why that is?
>>
>>382050550
I wish for an entertainment industry dominated by AI and text to voice acting.
>>
>>382048987
>He thinks that programmers aren't skilled
Someone has to write the code and most of the people with knowledge of code are the programmers
>>
>>382046628
>>382050624
Indie game industry says hi.
>>
>>382050751
Entry level programmers aka code monkeys get that much.
>>
>>382050731
No you stupid cuck, people who actually do dubs on Youtube. TeamFourStars for instance, which sounds way better than the shitty dub that was churned out by professionals.
>>
>>382049240
>>382050756
Frank Caliendo still makes a living for imitating people.

Some kid with a hobby imitating Michael J. Fox got a job with TellTale just for that.
>>
>>382045293
>call of duty
>voice acting
lmao nobody cares shithead
>>
>>382050442
In Mexico happend something like this years ago.
The simpsons voice actors went on strike because litteraly, the dub actors get paid dirt, and they are the ones that made the characters.
They got replace (except lenny and carl for some reason, and alot of the simpsons following went to the drain, and the new stuff isnt as popular anymore (not even because the quality fo the show also went down)

Later There was Dragon ball Kai, the Voices of the characters are beloved here, the Studios wanted to pay dirt cheap, the actors said no, So they got a bunch of second hand replacements (except for krilling for some reason)
And the damn thing Bomb, it was a dissaster, after Dragon ball Kai, Every Dragon ball Adaptation try to get every single voice actor.

But people here sure will pretend voices of characters are garbage and voice actors can be replace so easly.

Dont know if in the US the voice actors are paid badly, but For sure, you cant just replace them with the janitor at all.
>>
>>382050442
>Using Rise as an example for an expendable VA
>When Laura Bailey's departure ruined Rise forever
I agree that the strike is pretty pointless, but you've used a shitty example.
>>
>>382050765
No, """ knowledge of code""" is something an undergrad/intern can wave around. Programmers are people with skill and experience. It's a title in the field.
>>
>>382050893
>No you stupid cuck, people who actually do dubs on Youtube.

Like I'M THE JUGGERNAUT, BITCH?
>>
File: fgd43535.jpg (92KB, 734x551px) Image search: [Google]
fgd43535.jpg
92KB, 734x551px
You are not entitled to a percentage of the profits of a company simply because you were an employee that worked on it. Your work has to be directly correlated with the generated profits. Voice actors, no matter how good or bad, are a completely replaceable facet of development. You don't get extra money just because you want it.
>>
>>382050893
Again, if it were better, which isn't for your autistic self to decide, those cheap sonic laborers would have been taken long ago.
>>
>>382046628
It's why Indies got such a huge growth in popularity these last years.
Take for example Lone Survivor. The game was made by one guy including the soundtrack. The game obviously has flaws especially in terms of graphics but it's still a better Silent Hill than anything past 4.
>>
File: 1385689988937.jpg (17KB, 291x310px) Image search: [Google]
1385689988937.jpg
17KB, 291x310px
how about instead of paying more money to no-talent VAs, we pay more money to developers, who are already earning way less in game development than they would in other programming careers?
>>
>>382051076
Yes lets ignore the community outcry when they tried to replace agent 47 and sam fisher's actors.
>>
>>382051209
Remember when MGS V made a shitton of money?
>>
>>382051167
You're free to do so via scams... uh I mean DLC. Don't try and damage the base game.
>>
>>382051209
>community outcry

>a couple autists who actually know who does the voice acting

LUL
>>
Will we live in a new era of voice acting
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccVTCGpBcdU
>>
Who would complain about such a percentage?
>>
>>382051209
"Outcry" doesn't mean shit. David Hayter was replaced in MGS and MGS5 still sold fine. Most people agreed that the new voice turned out better.

Voice actors don't cause extra sales for video games. Ever.
>>
>>382047803
it very much depends on the company, how many devs you have per team, and where the bottleneck is. Companies like EA can't time manage for shit and are basically in permanent crunch, others manage their time well and don't have as strict of deadlines and hardly have any.

If, say, two other network programmers left recently and there's a lack of them in your company, then yeah, that'll be the bottleneck and you'll get more crunch, but that's just bad luck.

Or you do what I do and work in tools programming so you never get any crunch time at all
>>
>>382050731
>Not wanting to VA for work =/= they are clearly not that good
>>
>>382051291
Yes I remember when a good portion of that was based on a glorified demo and a game that naturally didn't live up to its early footage.
Thanks, low standards gamers.
>>
>>382051101
>you're only good if you're working for table scraps at a company

Ok.
>>
>>382046628
I remember that early fighting games, like SF2 and others, used game development staff as rudimentary voice actors. I think Chun Li was voiced by one of the sprite artists, for example. So why did we need "talent" for video games? It just became an expensive moneysink, and I bet advertising vocal talent was a huge thing back then, like how developers (and console makers) competed on the basis for visuals.
>>
File: 1494821826648.png (536KB, 793x595px) Image search: [Google]
1494821826648.png
536KB, 793x595px
>>382045293
>paid to talk into a microphone
>demand more
>>
>>382051516
This is like saying programmers are paid to hit keys on a keyboard.
>>
>>382051478
Regardless of it's quality, that had a replaced VA. And it still made the money.
>>
>>382051426
Turning down easy and secure money opportunities means you either tried and got rejected or you weren't good enough.
After all, another youtube policy change and more youtube channels will fly away.
>>
File: 1497067221028.gif (993KB, 500x279px) Image search: [Google]
1497067221028.gif
993KB, 500x279px
VAs should totally get paid more for the hard work that they do. Voice acting isn't easy you know? Having to yell and growl is totally hard on your throat. You're all just a bunch of babies who doesn't realize how hard it is to go into the booth and use the same voice for every character you voice, you big meanies!
>>
>>382045293
450 million dollars?
>>
>>382051646
Maybe they are satisfied with a regular job?
>>
>tfw it took me 2 minutes to realize its not un-ionized but union-ized
had no fucking clue what OP wanted to say with ion and VAs
>>
>>382047521
That's not how programming works, anon. Often times crunch comes from changing expectations and changing demands and bugfixes. None of which are the programmer being "lazy" as you so vehemently put it.
>>
>>382051515
Because devs want their games to be more msrketable and become a medoim confirmed to stay for good and get close to the arts, eventually becoming one, and not just walk in place and make products for imbeciles.
>>
>>382051623
yea, they are. and if they dont like how much they get paid for doing it, they can work somewhere else and let someone else work there for cheaper
>>
>>382047801
as if JP VAs are not part of the problem of the anime industry is facing such a problem. you know there's something wrong when the animation studio and its employers get fuck all money while VA get x10 more than the fucking animator.
>>
>>382051646
>easy and secure money opportunities

You mean like the Patreon accounts and donations that most of these channels have? Along with the merchandise that a lot of them sell. Sure seems easy and secure to me.
>>
>>382045293
Most of those "Billions" are generated from DLC and loot boxes. Why the fuck would voice actors be entitled to money from loot box revenue?
>>
>>382045293
not even the programers get paid that amount
get fucked
>>
>>382051734
Youtube is not a regular job, it's a hobbyist activity that happens to bring money. It is notncontracted work and youtube has no problem letting people go.
>>
>>382051943
At least they do more than walk in a booth, go "Hi, I'm Roy-sama", and walk out. They work for those shekels since VAs in Japan are expected to shuck and jive along with talking into a microphone.
>>
>>382046147
Okay let's
>450 mil over 15 years = 30 mil/year
>30mil/year divided by what, a thousand voice actors? Probably pushing it
>still at least $30k a year per VA for recording some fucking lines
Poor sods
>>
>>382047461
The sad fact too is that this is what the executives want. Hell, they probably even perpetuated it. Keep the lowly slaves fighting each other while they run off with all the money. It's not hard to see why it's effective.
>>
>>382052062
>non-contracted
>youtube has no problem letting people go

So just like a regular job then?
>>
>>382051946
For sure, all dozen lucky "celebs" who will soon fall behind the times and bottom feed like spoony or some other firgotten fag like him.
>>
Anything to get Nolan North and Troy Baker away from videogames
>>
>>382052251
Maybe if you're an intern, yes.
>>
>>382045293
Some of the most genuine and entertaining VA I've ever heard were made by the devs and whoever was around the office rather than anyone trained to perform in any capacity. Though admittedly those performances also tended to use editing and effects to their advantage.
>>
>>382052062
I mean a regular job as in a regular job, they have lives outside of Jewtube
>>
>>382049689
>first year of payments
>you're stuck paying for a Pontiac Sunfire
Truly a fate worse than death.
>>
>>382045293
Fuck off you fucking voice actors, no one on /v/ wants you or will ever support you. You don't like your job or the pay? Well too bad, but welcome to the rest of the 90% of the world. You can always change and work for burger king or move to Taiwan and stack some hardware together for £2/h.

You ungrateful bitch, we care about gameplay and not endlessly boring cut scenes with shitty writings.
>>
>>382052275
>Spoony: 759 a month
>DSP: 1180 a month
>TeamFourStar: 12,123 a month

If this is bottom feeding then I am clearly doing something wrong
>>
>>382051939
Well enjoy no games then.
>>
>>382052539
Acting is simple enough to fit in that schedule.
>>
>>382051961
Because they see that the game is successful. They want their share of the pie that nobody else actually gets. You know artists, sound designers, designers, writers, and so on get a huge bonus based on sales. They sure do! Look at those guys that make <50k a year getting a shitload from CoD making a billion a year. Hmm.. wait a second most of them don't. Interesting.

Their argument makes no sense.
>>
>>382051209
Lmao I don't even think Michael Ironside cared about not voicing Sam anymore.
>>
>>382051961
>shitty dlc boxes
Why should the company be entitled to money for lootboxes
>>
>>382052428
most jobs are "non-contracted" i'm not sure if you're meaning to use another term or if you've just never held a job but want to put across the illusion of having done so.
>>
>>382052687
>TFS
divide that into how many?
>>
>>382052696
VAs don't make games so now what faglord?
>>
>>382045293
>come in for a week or 2 at leisurely hours
>already getting paid hundreds or thousands for a few 2 to 4 hour sessions
>bitch and complain about pay
What the fuck do these people think they're being ripped off about? I mean, I don't care if they unionize and go on strike. But where exactly is the employer abuse? the financial burden? the distribution of labor/reward ratio being off? Saying "oh Activision has made some money and I want it" is such inflammatory nothingness.
>>
>>382052835
>most jobs are "non-contracted"
In what third world shithole do you live anon?
>>
>>382052687
Do they still make money after ads left Youtube?
>>
>>382052661
This is a problemed mentality you have. So just let rich people continue to fuck every worker out of proper compensation and ignore the hard work that goes into your entertainment? That's a horrible precedent to keep pushing there.
>>
>>382052835
Sorry Pajeet, jobs in Europe are contracted. They have to be to even add them to your working ledger and expect retirement money.
>>
>>382052724
And people who do voice acting for fun, do you think they are ambitious enough to whore out their voice to as much companies as possible
>>
>>382049053
>>382049185
>>382049343
there was a gundam show where the creator of the franchise got really mad at how current VA of japan can't do anything outside otakubait and fujoshibait voices. he got even more frustated because he had to roll with it since it was all that avaible in the market.
the range of most jp VAs are even smaller than western VAs.
but and weabs only to hear the same shit in every anime in every season
>>
>>382051938
>382051938
spellcheck your posts
>>
>VAs thinking they deserve Hollywood actor money

They do 5% of an A-List actor's job, therefore they deserve 5% of their salary.
>>
>>382053123
Sorry, I'm on phone.
>>
>>382052981
Well considering that the average game's content is usually at least 15 - 20% voice acting, then why aren't they being paid higher than .03% of the money the game made for said content?
>>
>>382052251
found the american
>>
File: 1478229775457.png (233KB, 500x447px) Image search: [Google]
1478229775457.png
233KB, 500x447px
Reminder that the same people who think that the amount VAs get paid is enough are the same people who think the minimum wage in America is ok at $7 an hour.

>New Zealand: $15.50/hour
>England: £7.85/hour
>Australia: $17.70/hour, casuals get +25% loading
>>
>>382053097
>for fun
So not professional, or not as good.
>whore out
Smart people use their assets ti their advantage, yes.
>>
>>382053046
That's Patreon money. It doesn't have shit to do with Youtube ads.
>>
>>382045293
The voice actors believe that they can strike because they won't be easily replaced - because they are valuable enough to get away with it.

But I think most other developers - software developers, artists, low-level designers, etc. - acknowledge that their respective positions are likely easy enough to backfill, compared to the costs of offering true royalties (instead of yearly bonuses.)

I think that a few voice actors may be in a position where they can demand more, but I think the majority are in the same boat as everyone else.
>>
>>382050550
Is that Wojak on the left?
>>
>>382053059
The VAs are hardly the victims here. Devs themselves and the IPs are.

VAs are freelancers most of the time, so they have no other ties to the company other than their contract, which they have signed and agreed to and which holds the amount of compensation for their voice acting work.

It's not that they're underpaid or abused, they're just fucking stupid to agree to a bad contract in the first place.
>>
>>382053246
>They do 5% of an A-List actor's job, therefore they deserve 5% of their salary.
No matter how you work out an A-list actors "salary" (they aren't salaried) that's still a huge amount of money.
>>
>>382051939
Great, as if there aren't enough badly optimised and buggy games out there, we need more and cheaper coders.
Fuck off you free marker shill.
>>
>>382053418
>a few voice actors may be in a position where they can demand more
A few, sure.

But these guys are literal nobodies that have -let's be real- a real easy fucking job.
>>
>>382053317
USD has more value though. Don't STRAYANs whine about $100 games? Meanwhile they're $60 in the US.
>>
>>382049420
Please reply again once you've actually read the post
You're the one crying about spoonfeeding, so I'm not spoonfeeding you
>>
>>382053410
Ah, did read up far enough.
>>
>>382045293
Yes
>>
>>382048342
Guy's position was also much more reasonable - he wanted residuals for an extended re-use of his performance in a new product release and Konami hadn't actually clarified their rights (or Guy's) for the performance to begin with;

They wanted him to sign a backdated release/contract that would give him nothing. His position was that that was stupid and he refused.

Troy's a super dick.
>>
>>382045293
>.03% of 15 billion is 4.5 million
>http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/franchises/Call-of-Duty/
>lists 120 actors across 10 games
>$37,500 per VA
>average hollywood stunt double salary around $70,000

honestly they get paid pretty fairly
>>
>>382053365
The argument was that their is plenty of readily available talent, being a professional voice actor doesn't automatically make you talented, there are plenty other people with similar voices, and some know how to use them better
>>
>>382053562
If thats the case companies will just nuke them and forget about them and thats it.

and then probably looking for even cheaper workers
>>
>>382047671
American brainwashing right here folks. Keep fighting for scraps amongst yourselves while letting your masters take the lion's share.
>>
>>382053317
McJobs are literally the only jobs that actually pay minimum wage. Any job involving even the slightest skill or difficulty will be $10 an hour or more. I pay hotel housekeepers $10-11 because we can't get anyone decent for less than that.
>>
>>382052127
> he thinks .03% of 15 billion is 450 million
You literally can't into math, so your comment is not worthy
>>
>>382053317
All those other places also have sky high tax rates compared to the US, and the Australian dollar is weaker than the yen.
>>
>>382045293
Now how much did all the games cost to make?
>>
>>382053562
>>But these guys are literal nobodies that have -let's be real- a real easy fucking job.

A lot of the other stuff they were asking for made sense, to prevent them from fucking up their voices for a given single role, and ensure that they got proper information about roles and duties therein.

But they got offered an agreement with all of that stuff but not the residuals. And they fucking refused.

Because the money to the few matter more than better overall conditions for all of them.
>>
>>382050550
I can only wish. Aren't the Dark Souls VA's stage actors?
>>
>>382045813
voice actors are hired for a flat fee to do a job. just because youre involved in a project does not mean you should get a cut of the profits.

do workers in a company expect to get a cut when their company turns a profit? no, they get their agreed salary, because thats normal.

the kind of people that expect a cut because something they contributed to (for an agreed amount of money) does well are greedy fucks, they only want "their" cut because it looks like easy money, not because they deserve it
>>
>>382053267
>content is 15% - 20% voice acting
>only probably 0.3% of all manhours are voice acting
>thousands upon thousands upon thousands of lines of code written by a hundred programmers in the span of months, or even years
>tens, if not hundreds of artists sculpting, painting and animating taking months or years to complete
>VAs come in for 80 hours max to say a couple of things into the microphone

They have a lawful contract that they agreed to and it states the amount of compensation they will get for their work. They read it through, and agreed to it. Now they saw that the company makes more money with the product and they go: "Hey, I was a part of making that. I should get a slice, even though I already made a contract and sold my work as a package."

It's just plain greed and stupidity.
>>
>>382053887
the confusion probably come that a billion dollars is diferent in the US than in other countries.

In some places a Billion is "One million millions"
instead of "thousand millions"
>>
>>382053267
Because, again, content =/= labor cost. VA's don't pull the same hours as even a part time developer. They come in for a 2 to 10 sessions that last a few hours to do voice work over the course of a week or two at average.

Imagine being a concept artist, you slave away from 9 to 5 throughout the whole games development helping design the look and feel of the game. You get paid a salary. You spend 8 months to a year on a game. Yeah not all of your art actually gets in, maybe 40% of what you draw up gets conceptualized and placed in. But here comes a VA, who's only worked at minimum the amount you work in half a week, and they're demanding to be paid more than you make in a months pay for effectively 2 days work.
>>
>>382045564
Exactly.

If anyone deserves more money it's the programmers and animators. Not some cucks talking
>>
>>382045491
>you
>in charge of doing simple math
Damn /v/ is full of fucking retards.
>>
>>382053869
I that referencing the old Milliard numberphile video?
>>
>>382045293
Those actors don't even deserve that much.
>>
>>382045843
The publisher gets the money and pays the developer whatever their cut is according to the contract. The developer pays its worker as any other business would. The publisher then contracts a developer to make another game.
>>
>>382054107
What's the problem? Effort has no intrinsic value.
>>
File: 1441128218483.gif (980KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
1441128218483.gif
980KB, 500x280px
>Voice actors go on strike.
>Suddenly a bunch of scabs that were constantly muscled out of roles have work.
>This is somehow a bad thing.

Troy Baker has enough money, stop trying to turn the industry into a daycare.
>>
The latest >performers were fucking trash.
>>
>>382054059
>They have a lawful contract that they agreed to and it states the amount of compensation they will get for their work. They read it through, and agreed to it. Now they saw that the company makes more money with the product and they go: "Hey, I was a part of making that. I should get a slice, even though I already made a contract and sold my work as a package."

how stupid can you get? this isn't an effort to revise an already completed contract, but to form a type of VA union (i.e. SAG, WGAW, WGAE, etc.)

Jesus what retards frequent this site
>>
>>382045293
>playing single player
>caring about the grunting and canned responses in multiplayer
>>
>>382053869
Why the fuck would any VA who isn't already an established Hollywood name get residuals? The only actors who get residuals on films are major stars. The same major stars that have enough star power to sell a movie based solely on the fact that they are in it. There isn't a single dedicated VA that could sell anything based on name value. Also, those top actors spend months working on the film, and months after promoting the film. They can't take more than a few projects a year. Troy Baker was in EIGHTEEN games in 2010, on top of all of the other voice work he does.

He's also worth six million dollars. VAs are paid perfectly fairly based on the work and commitment they are asked to make.
>>
File: 1379339537682.jpg (108KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1379339537682.jpg
108KB, 500x379px
>>382054379
>VAs go on strike
>Yuri Lowenthal still somehow manages to be in every piece of media ever with the same generic voice
>>
>>382054117
Yeah they'll "deserve the money" when they start producing perfectly optimised games without bugs.
>>
>>382051209
Take Dead Rising 4. It was a shit show of a game and there was n outcry for the original VA for Frank to come back.
If the game had been good it would've sold well, regardless of VA. If the game had Frank's original VA but everything remained the same, it would do exactly the same amount of money.
Most people don't fucking give a shit.
Outside of places like /v/, places people want to discuss details in this industry, no one else cares about it. The average consumer, the ones actually making a profit for these companies, don't care if Nolan North or Troy Baker are in it. They'll only notice or say something if its bad.
>>
>>382054050
Yes. Same with FF12.
>>
>>382054458
I agree but I would like to the point out the fact that a better known VA could arrange for residuals on a small budget game and it would make sense.
>>
>>382054518
The effects on products is not immediately felt due to products having multi-year release cycles.

Plus, it has always been the case that the more important SAG members can get away with special side-deals during strikes.
>>
>>382054402
There already is a type of VA union, mongoloid. That's the reason they're on strike.

What they're trying to do is set the minimum wage of a voice actor, who belongs to the union, as a standard that cannot be undercut by members of the union. They all agree to a certain minimum wage so that they won't compete against eachother and every dev is required to pay that amount.

They're basically making themselves effectively unemployed, since games don't need voice actors to be successful.
>>
>>382053317
VAs don't get minimum wage. They're skilled workers that get paid per job like an IT contractor or a plumber. If you offer a contract worker less than they want they just won't do the job.
>>
File: 1339269738093.png (246KB, 299x348px) Image search: [Google]
1339269738093.png
246KB, 299x348px
>here's this job, I'll pay you $x/hour
>okay, great
>later
>YOU MADE SO MUCH MONEY WHY DID I ONLY GET THE AGREED AMOUNT YOU SCAMMER
>next job
>here's this job, gonna be real popular. I'll give you x% of the profits
>FUCK OF SCAMMER FAGGOT DO YOU THINK I WILL FALL FOR YOUR PROFIT SHARING SCHEME PAY ME $$$$$ UPFRONT
Seriously, fuck these guys.
>>
>>382054765
Don't forget the other stipulations, like how other performance-based positions must be filled by union members.

This includes motion capture (performers and other positions) and animation (animators/riggers, 3D modeling to some extent).

The sheer fact that "scab" is their goto vernacular for referring to non-union members tells you everything you need to know about these parasites.
>>
File: 1438800588097.jpg (83KB, 412x441px) Image search: [Google]
1438800588097.jpg
83KB, 412x441px
>>382054458
>voice actor strike
>developers just say fuck it and pony up for big hollywood names like Chris Pratt or Jennifer Lawrence
>game sells like crazy because MUH STARS
>suddenly everyone wants actual actors and is fine with paying more based on the returns
>VAs whine themselves into the unemployment line
>>
>>382054368
So then the VA should be fine with his rate, you post-modernistic dweeb. And yes, effort does have intrinsic value. That's why burger flippers make minimum wage and doctors make six figures.
>>
File: 1383428081869.jpg (38KB, 228x253px) Image search: [Google]
1383428081869.jpg
38KB, 228x253px
Why don't they just ask for a higher price upfront instead of bitching about it after they do the job?
>>
>>382054765
in other words completely the opposite of what you claimed in your original post. gotcha.
>>
>>382055038
Like I said, they're effectively alienating themselves from their work field. Devs don't have to agree to the strike and they don't have to hire union-based voice actors if they keep bitching. Someone else will do the job and perhaps they'll understand how the world works and aren't entitled little shits.
>>382055118
Because they're not big enough to make demands and why should they be? All they do is talk into a microphone. A radio host has more presence than a fucking vidya VA.
>>
Fuck voice actors, I'm glad we are getting more diverse ones now that the shitty same old ones are on "strike" (read as; jobless) and we won't hear the same voices every game
>>
>>382055118
Because there are a thousand others who will do that easy job of talking into a mic for a few hours for the lower price.
>>
>>382055117
It's very easy to tell you have no actual life experience.
>>
>>382053773
remember that they had kevin spacey.

he probably got a mil for it.
>>
>>382055305
How is
>They want more money
>They want to raise the minimum wage
complete opposites?

First post was about how they have a contract when they provide voice acting and how they want more money for the small shit they did.

Second post was about lecturing you on what a union is.
>>
File: 1495148522051.jpg (153KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495148522051.jpg
153KB, 640x480px
>>382045293
>salaried worker's paychecks are minuscule compared to the total earnings of a mega-franchise.

no. shit.
>>
>>382055117
The VA, like any sane adult, wants more money for his work.
You also missed the meaning of the sentence. A burger flipper can't ask you for extra $1 for a cheeseburger because he really put a lot of love into it. You actually contradicted yourself with that analogy, since doctors happily prescribe medicine all day instead of sweating.
>>
>only 15 billion since the first

And i thought activision was greedy turns out they are failures

Either that or this number is wrong and invalidates the entire image
>>
>>382055383
Yes and provide either Nuthin Personnel Kid or Joker ripoff voices for all those amateurs are worth. Studios already cheap out on VAs massively.
>>
>>382055520
A doctor has significantly more responsibility than a burger flipper. A doctor can practically kill you if he fucks up, so there's the risk/reward kind of thing going on.

Voice acting is not very risky nor does a VA carry a responsibility of any sort. Most what tends to hurt their reputation is done by themselves doing shit like this and making a fool out of their selves.
>>
On job posting sites like Voice123 it actually lets you filter actors by union affiliation. If I ever need any work done they are getting black balled for being whiny cunts.

top kek.
>>
>>382055696
Only the past 6 games or so broke $1 billion.
>>
>>382055118
>>382055383
That and the fact that residuals effect games that sell really well. Which means VAs that take advantage of this is mostly hacks like Troy Baker that gets shoved in every big release.
>>
So we can expect to see voicefags on this board appearing in actual games since nobody wants to pay "big name" voice actors more?
will runkachunk reemerge due to this?
>>
>people who don't realize that the only way to pay voice actors more is to raise the price of games

I mean it's a long time coming for sure but why it would be this and not inflation I have no idea they will just blacklist anyone who works for unions and everyone will leave them meaning they will all fall into ruin
>>
>>382055383
So just like any other job.
>>
>>382055383
Then what do they hope to achieve with the strike?
>>
>>382055059
>developers just say fuck it and pony up for big hollywood names
lolno. They'd just hire some different nobodies. Being a game VA just requires a semi competent actor, there are hundreds of thousands of actors who can do that.
>>
>>382045293
I can not wait for games to be 90$ because a bunch of hack voice actors who I am tired of hearing are getting royalties while devs the real people who matter are get shit.
>>
>Put in the least amount of man hours on a project
>Your time is still valued massively over 95% of people who worked on the project
>Complain that you aren't making enough.

People don't buy games over voice actors.

Iconic actors have been replaced and no one gave a shit.
>>
>>382045293
what percentage of the man hours to produce the games came from the performers? oh, right, basically zero.
>>
>>382056201
They hope their union is strong enough and can bully other VAs to go on strike too.
Doesn't seem to be working too well so far.
>>
>>382055506
tardo
>>
>>382056293
Any one dev probably has much more time sunk into a game project than all the voice actors together.
>>
>>382056201
God knows. They're halting progress on on-going development and if you are a part of the union, you are expected to stay strong with the strike, otherwise they kick you out of the union or some shit.

Pretty much this >>382056331

>>382056374
I don't get it.
>>
>>382048579
>because that's what jobs are. You get paid to do something, you aren't entitled to a percentage of the revenue. that's an incredibly unstable way to pay your employees, not to mention more convoluted (increased costs to pay them)
> that's an incredibly unstable way to pay your employees, not to mention more convoluted (increased costs to pay them)

this this this. Do these morons expect these companies to rework their entire accounting operation to make this shit work? That's just one of the many things wrong with this nonsense.

I get the impression that the people leading this strike are of the same vein of the individuals leading the Cornell graduate student union efforts. From what I've heard these are otherwise smart people who just can't fucking think when it comes to these topics. They're stuck in a ideological rut instead of seeing things rationally and as they are. Ask a pertinent question and you'll get and rant about their beliefs, but no actual answer.
>>
>>382046248
Screen actors aren't mere decades away from just grabbing a software engineer to voice a character. These motherfuckers make games better but they are far from necessary.
>>
>>382056431
>They're halting progress on on-going development
They haven't stopped progress on anything.

Games are just proceeding with non union actors.

That's why the strike is a joke.
>>
>>382045293
Guarentee the programmers get about that, if even less. Why should a person saying something into a mic get paid more than the person who made the game actually playable?

What about the artists? Gun design isn't simple. There's a lot of detail.

And the writers? Sure, you dont play ai gle player, doesnt mean its not there. And without the writers the voice actors wouldn't get to voice act.

My point is that voice acting isn't the most important part of a game. Not by far. It makes sense they get so little. Also, nobody knew that CoD would explode like it did starting with 4.
>>
>>382056549
The thing is you don't even have to compare jobs. VA is done on a contractual open market style and is not salaried. Both sides are free to offer or demand what they wish and there is plenty of talent and projects to go around.
>>
>>382055435
CoD is a pretty weird example, Kevin Spacey and Kit Harrington probably got loadsamoney for their likenesses but you've also got Griggs in 4 who was just played by one of the animators who probably didn't get any extra money for it
On top of that no actor is in more than 4 games and they've always used a mix of hollywood actors, pro VA's and little-known theater and TV actors
>>
>>382049053
English is not my first language but after watching many series and movies in English I just can't watch anything with Brazilian acting because is so shit and unnatural that, holy shit is impossible. I know that in anime the voices seem more forced than it must be in a natural conversation but if you have a constant contact with other language you can feel what sounds natural and what not
>>
>>382048712
>>382052424
Nolan North is against the strike and said the programmers deserve raises instead
>>
>>382056549
Agreed and lets not forget that a lot of the voice actors on strike are people who we are tired of hearing of like Troy Baker who is at the most is just decent actor compared to the theater actors they got for the Dark Soul games.
>>
>>382056531
Even better.
>>
>>382048261
>Actor has talent and marketable skillset
if only, considering some of the awful VAs that have been allowed.
>>
>>382056431
>>382056531
I really wish SAG or whatever actors union went strike a few months ago.
>>
File: 1490029775113.jpg (9KB, 168x300px) Image search: [Google]
1490029775113.jpg
9KB, 168x300px
>>382045293

>0.03% of $15 billion
>$4.500.000
> / 30 years of franchise
>$150.000 VA found for project
> / 50 Voice Actors
>$3.000

???

>$3.000 for doing your job

Are you kidding me ? It's not enough ?

Fuck them, spread this calculation, VA are fucking Jews.
>>
Are these voice actors trying to get paid more than the engineers/artists/designers/writers or some shit? I don't see that ever happening.
>>
>>382045293
Their input in development is less than 0.03%. Entitled voice actors should kill themselves, tbqh famalam. Also, David Hayter, go fuck yourself.
>>
I think these voice actors know deep down they're not worth the amount they want to be paid so instead of trying to renegotiate contracts, they go on strike.
>>
>>382057530
That's not all that much. Remember that you don't have projects coming for you back to back. You have maybe one or two $3000 projects per month, and maybe a couple of smaller ones for a few hundred.
>>
>>382057561
They already get a much higher valuation for their time.

they wanted more pay, advance notice on what the parts are (reasonable) and limits on session length for vocally distressing work (reasonable.)

The kicker was they also wanted bonuses to ALL VAs involved in a game when the games hit performance checkpoints, which devs don't get and publishers won't do.

They refuse to back off on that point even though it's the only sticking point in the argument, not even a hair.

Their argument is that devs should all strike too for the same bonuses, and the devs all go

>Are you high? They'll replace us in literally a day tops, then no one will ever hire us again.
>>
>>382057736
Considering most of those projects constitute not much work hours, that's pretty damn good.

I make 6-8 grand a month and I have to work like 50-60 hours a week for that.
>>
File: 1469496020249.jpg (21KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1469496020249.jpg
21KB, 480x360px
>>382057736
It's a projection dude.

It's never gonna be 50 VA at once, and it's never gonna be full time job for all of them.

Some VA will recieve more, others less.

There are no excuses, they are fucking Jews.
>>
>WE WANT PROFIT SHARING
>BUT NOT LOSS SHARING
lol fuck off, there's a reason your average wageslave doesn't want risk you fucking commies
>>
>>382045293
>implying voice actors should get paid like fucking celebrities

The strike is stupid. The work these guys do isn't hard or important to games.
>>
>>382045293

>work at walmart
>make a gorillion dollars in revenue
>only make $10 an hour

WAH I DESERVE AT LEAST 1 BILLION
>>
>>382048973
>Sound like
You should lead by example. You sound like those faggots you retard. Clear distinction between SOUNDING like someone and BEING someone
>>382053608
this
>>382049420
isn't me retard. Anonymous isn't one person. Again, you sound like a faggot.
>>
Is it true that Western VAs won't do anime/Jap shit because its "beneath" them?
>>
>>382057781
Also doesn't help that the VAs are sitting there saying how people buy the games because of them, when the developers are right there going

>Or, you know, cause the game WE designed and built from scratch is fucking fun, but whatever
>>
>>382057993
No, not even just that.
I fucking dare you try go contract anyone with just profit sharing. They will tell you to fuck off.

They want both upfront AND profit sharing.
>>
>>382058067
>live in America
>America can print money
>I only get minimum wage flipping burgers

WHY DONT THEY JUST HAND ME A BUNCH OF MONEY REEE
>>
>>382045293
>The performers received only
AND THEY ONLY DESERVED WHAT THEY WERE PAID FUCK VOICE ACTORS
>>
>>382058145
Uh, wut?

Who told you that?

Anime voicework is a huge business in the states and some of the most secure voicework VAs can get.
>>
>>382058067
t. wagecuck
>>
>>382050546
Need a purge, a restructuring
>>
>>382057993
>muh commies
kek what a retard, keep on bringing your boogeyman into completely unrelated topics
>>
>>382058265
>VA's can get
You mean that Steve Blum can get. There are what, 10 voice actors max that do english dubs in the states? Fucking tired of those same voice hacks.
>>
>>382045293
Anyone else hoping this va strike will bring in new and great voice actors into the industry since all these old vas refuse to work? I am tired of hearing faggots like MatthewMercer in every game
>>
File: 1370220342285.png (437KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
1370220342285.png
437KB, 512x384px
>>382045293
>programmers probably spend months of non-stop work to design the game
>VA's kicks open the door
>gets close to mic
>adjust voice
>"ah shit WE gotta get THoSE terrorisTS!"
>leaves
>p-pay me more. I-I hurt my voice a little.ow.....im so important
>>
>>382058417
it's colloquial for morons who don't understand economics
>unrelated
only if you're a delusional commie
>>
>>382057993
>cawadooty
>risk
>>
>>382045293
Remember that time that the lead singer to AC/DC voiced a CoD character? He should do that again.
>>
this shit is hilarious when people like the monster hunter community find voice acting to almost be a fault
>>
>>382058439
There's a lot of mainstays, but there's probably at least a hundred and fifty active people right now.

The reason you keep hearing the same people again and again is because of how stable the work is if you can be consistent.
>>
>>382058541
lmao ok faggot, you just proved my point by bringing up your commie boogeyman again in yet another unrelated topic.
>>
File: ashly burch is a hypocrite.png (464KB, 540x666px) Image search: [Google]
ashly burch is a hypocrite.png
464KB, 540x666px
>>382045293
>sign a contract for agreed upon sum
>perform duty
>get paid what you agreed upon
>years pass
>WHAT THE FUCK, NOTHING I COULD DO! Fucking publishers hording gold in their mansions while I starve!
Voice actors are literally the least important thing in a game.
>>
>>382058615
They want it for every single game, not just call of duty.
>>
Just hire random hobos and make 'em voice act for soup.
>>
>>382045293
Is it good or bad that they spend more on their veterans fund?
>>
>>382058615
>call of duty will succeed forever
and you fundamentally miss the point anyway

VA's are not throwing up any capital to finance the game are they?

are you saying it's impossible to fuck a game up? after tortanic and andromeda?
>>
>>382045293
Do they really think anyone gives a shit about VAs in games? They probably get paid more than people who actually work on the video games greedy cunts.
>>
>>382058853
Unironically this

I've never played a video games and cared about the voice acting. Honestly I probably prefer bad voice acting because at least it's funny and not so generically boring

As for VN games though they should try because the game is basically a movie.
>>
>>382058742
who's bringing up a boogeyman? It's just an ideology and way of thinking?

confusing your input with the company's output fits right in with that autistic spectrum of ideas

sorry I offended you
>>
>>382058751
Yeah, that's the annoying part. They all agree to these contracts and the pay that they are promised. They can very easily individually negotiate them to be better. Instead, they run between their tails between their legs to their unions to demand more money. Very scummy people.
>>
>>382053869
>American brainwashing right here folks. Keep fighting for scraps amongst yourselves while letting your masters take the lion's share.
Except he's right. Video game prices have been fairly stable the past decade and some. If they start needing to pay more to these people they will increase prices. They will not take a cut from the management salary to pay the people making the game more. Does it still need to happen? That's up for debate. It IS the way it will go down though. Games will rise likely a minimum of 17% so they can get $70 for new AAA games.
>>
>people who weren't able to hack it as real actors want a better deal than Hollywood gives
>>
>>382058812
AAA in general is unfamiliar with the concept of risk though.
>>382058939
Even Andromeda, as far as I know, turned a profit. I'm not arguing for a bunch of assholes that talk into a microphone to make bank, but let's not pretend that these games are actually risky for the companies that make them. There's a reason they're lowest-common-denominator garbage.
>>
This thread gave me a headache. Why do people who don't understand something like wage negotiation and unionization spend so much time talking about it? And so repetitive and empty.
Do you really think anyone gets paid what they "deserve"? People get paid as little as their employer can pay them, and as much as they can convince their employer to pay them before the employer either decides their product isn't worthwhile or finds someone else to provide a better ratio of payment to product. You get paid what you try to get paid, you get paid what you convince your employer to pay you. That's what negotiation is about, what unionization is about. Everyone wants more money, some people try to get it and they succeed, others try and fail, and others don't try at all and just post in this thread instead.
Just take an economics class or sociology class or something. At least read a wikipedia page or two.
But I know that's hard, back to shitposting it is.
>>
>>382045293
>Work 0.01% of the total work needed to make a game
>Receive 3 times what you deserve
Seems to me you already get payed enough.
>>
people go to see movies because tom cruise is in them.

no one buys call of duty to hear the voice of James C burns.
>>
>>382059205
Bad goy.
>>
>>382059182
>AAA in general is unfamiliar with the concept of risk though.
New AAA budget games fall short and see loss frequently.
>>
>>382045293
Im all for this. voice acting hinders gameplay. More resources for voice actors means less resources for gameplay, it means the writes have to write dialog that short and shallow so that they dont have to pay some voice actor to tell a good story.

Fuck game creaters that try and imitate hollywood and make interactive movies.
Fuck voice acting in video games. I hope they all unionize and drive the prices up so high game companies go back to assuming people can read at a primary school level.
>>
File: 1489820850426.png (33KB, 372x494px) Image search: [Google]
1489820850426.png
33KB, 372x494px
>>382045293
>implying voice actors in Call of Duty are worth paying any money towards
>Implying anyone gives a shit about the voice acting in Call of Duty
>>
File: confused cats.jpg (125KB, 900x770px) Image search: [Google]
confused cats.jpg
125KB, 900x770px
>>382059263
Do they now? Maybe normalfags are finally tiring of the garbage they're fed.
>>
>>382045293
Well at least the people actually making the game would have a better case for asking for a pay rise than a bunch of whiny assholes who wrongly believe they have talent and contribute in any meaningful way to anything.
>>
File: 1406338529783.jpg (660KB, 2500x2276px) Image search: [Google]
1406338529783.jpg
660KB, 2500x2276px
>>382059160
>video games are now trying to be movies because the game designers couldn't make it Hollywood
>video game VA's are complaining because they couldn't make it in Hollywood
>>
>>382049868
>manager at starbucks or walmart make shit

The hell are you talking about?
Assistant managers at Bestbuy are 60k+ in the midwest. 120k-ish for general managers. Starbucks Store Managers are 50k. And Walmart? Holy shit, those huge stores with massive employees. Their management has to be more than Best Buy's horseshit.
>>
>>382059205
This explanation also explains a good majority of the wage gap in general. That and different fields of work, higher risk, dirtier jobs, etc, but still.
>>
>>382059182
>game production is just free money
economic illiterates like you and the voice actors can only think in a short term. activision is more concerned with how call of duty does over the long term than it is with individual games

the risk is over the long term, as well as opportunity cost. What you could have made with that amount of money you invested, vs. what you did make
>>
>>382059362
They wouldn't. They are viewed as completely expendable, easily replaceable by an intern wanting to make video games. More worthless than voice actors, even though voice actors are so worthless they're not even necessary for a video game at all.
>>
>>382059182
>Even Andromeda, as far as I know, turned a profit
Making a few million when you invest 100m over 2 years doesn't mean shit to the investors. What they want is CoD where you had a 200m investment cycle and turn a billion profit.
>>
>>382059413
Anon please, he visits /biz/. Anyone who doesn't make at least 100k a year self-employed is a chump and a "wagecuck".
>>
File: Kek.jpg (4KB, 99x96px) Image search: [Google]
Kek.jpg
4KB, 99x96px
>>382058751
I kek'd
>>
I bet 4 or 5 code guys can do a cool german voice. Lets record some stuff at 11:05 and buy them lunch for the next 4 days.
Oh look the game is voiced now.
>>
>>382059475
Don't you presume to lecture me about economics.
>activision is more concerned with how call of duty does over the long term than it is with individual games
lmao, because Activision is super concerned that their audience will suddenly stop wanting their shit.
>>
>>382059643
>suddenly
go look up what long term means
>don't you presume to lecture me
somebody who doesn't understand the concept of risk because it isn't merely straight losing money is in dire need of a lecture though
>>
>>382045293
Developers should ignore it and hire actors who desperately want that job. Unions destroy lives, fuck them.
>>
voice talent is a dime a thousand
There are only like, 50 very skilled voice actors in the US worth any amount of money, the rest are literally disposable
>>
>>382059536
>trust fund
>stocks
>majority ownership

or you get lucky.
>>
>>382045293
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=15+billion+times+0.03
>>
>Call of Duty hires celebrates award winning celeberties and movie star actors like Jeff Goldbulm
>he's hired as a contract worker
>he agrees upon what's he's paid or he doesn't lift a finger
>or even open his mouth
>I'm supposed to feel bad for this kind of work

Yeah, no.
>>
>>382059854
Corporate greed also destroys lives, I think unions were/are extremely valuable for things like coal workers and miners and industrial workers. As for the VA strike, desu I feel they are pushing their luck a little bit. Especially since they are competing for their share of the pie against developers who are not unionized and who honestly deserve increased salaries more. they got most of what they wanted, and I'd like to see it end soon.
>>
>>382058956
Consolefags and hipster millennials to want cinematic games sure do.
>>
>>382059336
But my 'AHHH' is worth 10 million shekels, anon.
>>
>>382059783
Read my post slowly, starting with the next line.
Call of Duty has such brand recognition, and its audience such little taste, that the idea of Activision risking -anything- by producing new games is laughable. It is in fact, as you said, free money. You think that I don't understand that there are other potential losses that Activision could incur, whereas in reality I simply know that there is no way for them to occur. You are presumptuous and wrong.
>>
>>382060159
>corporate greed
lol
>unions are extremely valuable
lol
>share of the pie
lol
>>
>>382060387
lol! libcuck got told lol!
>>
>>382060282
>still doesn't understand what long term implies
>still doesn't understand the concept of opportunity cost
>thinks I don't understand that their games today are nearly guaranteed to make a profit
go back and read mine and look some of the terms up

opportunity cost in particular
>>
>>382060159
Unions pretty much destroyed my state over the 90's/00's. I get that corporations don't have our best interests in mind at times. But I have first hand experience over a period of a couple decades to see the effects of unions. As an enemy I know what they're capable of.

Corporate is 50/50
>>
>>382060460
lol
>>
>>382060574
>long term
I addressed that implicitly. Cawadooty players are underage kids with no taste. There will always be underage kids with no taste.
>opportunity cost
What precisely is Activision trading away? Is there something more profitable than CoD? Did you learn that term today in high school econ?
>>
>>382060630
could have just as easily been because of free trade / international economics. sometimes these things happen with or without unions, a part of the world suddenly finds itself unable to compete in the global economy.
>>
>>382060460
Defending unions doesn't even make you a liberal. It makes you a fucking commie.
Price setting and going against capitalism is literally communism. You want to force companies to pay VAs more than what their job is worth.
>>
>>382060630
Unions are a fantastic and necessary thing, but like all tools they can be abused to horrid results.

One union where I live went on strike and the union did this brilliant thing to get people on their side.

They picketed the stores and spit at and yelled at customers as they came in.

Oh, wait, that just made everyone hate them. Good job, guys.
>>
>>382060727
>call of duty will always exist
>activision will always exist
not likely
>what are they trading away
investor interest or long term growth of their company, or growth of the call of duty brand
>is there something more profitable than CoD
yea, maybe not videogames though.
>did you learn that term today
no, it describes why call of duty isn't free money from a corporations point of view, as opposed to somebody who doesn't think in that sort of long term

even a lack of growth is seen as a loss typically
>>
>>382060159
>As for the VA strike, desu I feel they are pushing their luck a little bit
What's funny is every change they requested was accepted except the bonus based on number of copies sold exceeding 2m. They are very well pushing their luck beyond everything imaginable. They don't represent and impact the game nearly as they think they do. Gamers don't give a shit if Troy Baker does the grunts and nobody is buying a game because of it. Although I might argue that some may have bought Beyond: Two Souls was for Ellen Page.
>>
>>382061151
It actually makes you a syndicalist/fascist, which I suppose, since you're clearly a lolberg, is the same thing to you.
Unions are in fact anti-communistic.
>>
>>382060460
>thinks using the word greed as if everyone isn't greedy warrants more than "lol"
lol
>>
>>382061280
>my form of communism is different because I gave it another name
California should be nuked.
>>
>>382045293

fuck voice actors, voice actors killed the RPG
>>
>>382061236
>dude if activision retooled itself to not be a video game company anymore, which would itself be a massive, investor-alienating trade-off, it could make more money
Anon, this is pathetic.
>>
>>382061242
That isn't a game
>>
>>382061242
>Although I might argue that some may have bought Beyond: Two Souls was for Ellen Page.
But then again, Ellen Page was fully motioncapped down to her expressions, so she was basically playing a movie role as a movie actress, so it doesn't really count.
>>
>>382045293

To be honest, I'm entirely in favour of demanding better compensation from video game companies if the games make a fuck ton of money, but certainly the programmers and shit are more deserving of larger piece of that pie than the voice actors who, all things considered, are not nearly as important.
>>
>>382053887
>"Retard" the post
>>
>>382061373
Well, at this point I do actually like Stalinists more than I like stupid faggots like you, so maybe you're right.
>California should be nuked.
No arguments there.
>>
>>382057736
That would average out to 54k a year, which is a middle class salary that's well above the poverty line, you could afford to raise a family in a nice two story house on that, maybe you couldn't buy a new ferrari but it's not like they're eating out of dumpsters
>>
>>382061280
when I say communist I'm referring to any and every degree of leftist """economics"""

something can never be communist, because communism is not possible practically or even ideologically

>inb4 trash
go solve mises' price problem and human selfishness then get back to me
>>
>>382046147
>Now spread that money across hundreds of performers over the spam of 15 years
Misleading comparison. Those voice actors provide voice work for cartoons and video games other than Call of Duty. That $4.5 million over 15 years is for Call of Duty only.
>>
>>382061619
Well, they obviously want the celebrity treatment. Think that their voice has anything to do with cowadoody selling millions, when it all just depends on marketing.

Now that I think about it, maybe marketers should start to strike and ask for a profit share.
>>
>>382061421
you actually have no idea what you're talking about, nor what I'm talking about

do you think people invest in things because of their subject matter alone? Activision has to compete with the rest of the market.

you also ignored my other points
>>
>>382061525
We can say the same for many newer games. Such as Nolan North with Uncharted which might be a bad example since he understands it's an entire team effort and he doesn't spend as much time as the others on the project. Same for GTAV, MGSV, and so on. It's cheaper to have your main character to act out the scene and voice it at the same time. Might be an intern doing for nobodies in the game though
>>
>>382061751
But anon, I'm a Nazi, not a communist. I know that communism is unworkable, that's why all "communist" countries pull out of the nosedive and either do socialism (USSR) or capitalism (China).
>dude do you even economics
I used to be a lolberg too, it's very boring and totalizes one aspect of human interaction.
>>
>>382061794
I was going to say this, marketers are running the industry
>>
>>382061373
>my side is nuanced and complex with lots of different variations in thought among people in its ranks
>your side is simple and everyone believes the exact same ultra-extremist ideology that is cartoonish in its levels of absurdity
>>
File: 2b0.jpg (8KB, 433x336px) Image search: [Google]
2b0.jpg
8KB, 433x336px
>>382045293
>implying people who play CoD past black ops/MW3 even play the campaign
>>
>>382045293
I don't want to sound like an asshole but if they didn't like the pay they shouldn't have done the job.
>>
>>382062010
Ellen Page is still a hollywood actress and video game VAs are nowhere as valuable or recognizable as her.

Except for maybe Nolan North, but he knows how the industry works and he puts a lot of effort to what he does in terms of the amount of projects he does.
>>
>>382061915
I'm ignoring your other points because they're points I've already addressed. You're pretending that I'm some rube who doesn't know the first thing about economics, when in fact I'm simply asserting that CoD is an extremely non-risky investment. Activision incurs no risk by making CoD games. You cannot disprove this fact.
>>
File: 1478919886756.jpg (91KB, 465x358px) Image search: [Google]
1478919886756.jpg
91KB, 465x358px
>dude programming and modelling is so fucking easy, I'm an artist with my voice I deserve way more than those nerds!
>>
>>382062027
national socialism is a leftist ideology and it's brand of economics is the same leftist misunderstanding of economics
>totalizes on aspect of human interaction
no it doesn't, it recognizes that centralized economics is impossible because the amount of information necessary to organize the economy is impossible. And even then it promotes anti-growth and innovative natures
>>
>>382062215
>you cannot disprove this fact
I already did, you just don't understand the concept of opportunity cost, even though you think you do

activision doesn't get some free pass into infinity with call of duty, you're delusional or being obtuse
>>
>>382062210
Yes that is why I mentioned Ellen Page from the start. Nobody gives a shit about Nolan North if he voiced X except I guess if he wasn't Drake for the 10th time.
>>
>>382062310
>national socialism is a leftist ideology
Strasserism is. Hitlerian natsoc is actually a bit to the right of center. But you wouldn't know that because you only read enough about National Socialism/fascism to say that shitlibs are the real Nazis and not enough to become a Nazi yourself.
>>
>>382062449
Condescend to explain to me how I'm wrong then. Because I'm actually not, CoD is not in itself a risk of any kind, and in fact I would go so far as to guess that it funds much of Activision's activities.
>>
>>382062449
"oh no, we can't make a thing that brings in less money because we've already chosen to put our resources into the thing that makes us more money! If only we'd done it the other way around!"

???
>>
>>382062545
>a bit right of center
>he opposed profit seeking and preferred a state run economy
>nationalized several industries
uh huh
>shitlibs are the real nazis
I'm not interested with half efforts such as liberalism or nazi-ism. They are both fascist and facism is inherent to leftism, because leftism is unworkable without forcing people to conform at the point of a gun
>>
>>382062681
>>382062716
I cannot find another way to explain the concept to you.

Call of duty could lose ground or stagnate despite your hyperbole, but even then, in franchise it could not profit as much so as to not be able to attract investors, or a whole host of complicated circumstances

>oh no we can't make a thing that makes less money
I really can't fix the fact that you fundamentally do not understand long term investment and hedging

it's not even particularly complicated
>>
>>382045293
Every studio should just do what From Software does and hire accomplished english playwrights/people from smaller acting troupes so we get some new fresh voices instead of Tara Strong and John DiMaggio every other game and going turbo kike because they aren't getting paid 400k instead of 4k for 8 hours of work.
>>
>>382063390
the downside with this is that you have to deal with theater actors who somehow are bigger faggots than normal voice actors
>>
>>382046135

she's done it for almost thirty years and its not even her only source of income, she does tons of other shit
>>
File: 1498034866707.png (305KB, 381x299px) Image search: [Google]
1498034866707.png
305KB, 381x299px
>>382049053
I just like not dealing with bad lip syncing, why do you even care what people prefer?
>>
File: 1384489641174.png (108KB, 445x375px) Image search: [Google]
1384489641174.png
108KB, 445x375px
>>382063004
>They are both fascist and facism is inherent to leftism
Hold up nigger, because now you've triggered my autism card. First of all, it's fas-c-ism. Whence fucking "fasces," it has nothing to do with your undoubtedly ugly, hook-nosed face.
Second, fascism has little to nothing to do with left or right, it's (depending on who you ask) syncretic or purely authoritarian. It isn't, as you suggest, characterized by the use of force, it's characterized by militarism, nationalism, strong governmental authority, and conservative mores. It is literally totally fucking ambivalent toward the economic structure, and therefore you have dudes on the left like Strasser calling for worker control, and dudes on the right like Evola calling for fucking divine right monarchy, who are both fascist. Fuck, you can even make a case that Stalin was a fascist.
Third, the right, despite your warped lolberg perception, is not inherently libertarian. It is characterized by admiration, or at least acceptance, of hierarchy and societal order. The left is characterized by a desire for classlessness and unity. Therefore ancoms, as retarded as they undoubtedly are, are still leftists, despite being anarchistic.

I urge you to fucking kill yourself, or at least put down that Cato Institute pamphlet and read a little bit about fucking politics before spouting off your uneducated opinions.
>>
>>382058067
They really do.
The Walton family are part of the cancer that's been killing the US.
>>
>>382058853
Tell the hobos that if the game performs above a certain level, they all get steak dinners and free toilet paper.
>>
why don't game devs just hire a voice director then asks the artist/programmers that are free to do the voice while the director provide guidance??
this can save so fucking many money, while also provide an extra skills to your employee hence improving their values.
>>
>>382063235
It's more like you're making it more complicated than it actually is in order to swing your big economics dick around like it's actually relevant.

You haven't actually said anything, you've just spouted economic buzzwords and implied that we don't know what they mean, when in fact the idea of an opportunity cost is readily understandable, and not actually applicable to the scenario.
>>
>>382064021
because the artists and programmers have full time jobs. You think they wanna work more than they already are?
>>
>>382045293
The devs deserve the money more than the VAs, in my opinion. You play a game for the gameplay, the story, and/or because of the developer who made it. You don't play videogames because it has specific VAs in it.
>>
>>382063785
>it has nothing to do with left or right
only through modern understandings because leftists don't want to be associated with anything bad. I disagree, there is no need for a right wing economy to be facist, and historically they happen to have not been
>it's characterized by militarism, nationalism, etc.
I agree that it is characterized by militarism and strong government, because that is what is necessary to reinforce your forced economic policies onto the population. However, conservatism is reactionary and is not an objective nor static ideology, and nationalism is not mutually exclusive with anything
>it is totally ambivalent toward the economic structure
disagree, fascism is mutually exclusive with laissez-faire esque economics, the more free you get, the less fascism is possible
>you could even make the case stalin was facist
oh I certainly would
>the right is not inherently libertarian
I reject the current notion of left and right, because it isn't premised upon anything except supposed historical allignments of left and right that aren't consistent at all
left and right to me would be degree to which the government has the ability to control x. It's the only objective measure.
>the left is characterized by classlessness and unity
no, that's what they claim to be, but in practice it is never and will never be the case. What you espouse is not representative of what you actually do, especially politically
>therefore ancoms are still leftists
ancom is not possible and they're leftist because of the means by which they advocate getting to ancom (which they would never be able to reach)

the only things mutually exclusive with your depiction of left and right are classlessness and hierarchy, and I would disagree that hierarchy is an inherent concept to the right

>unity
???

>read a little bit about politics
yes, coming from the guy using preconceived (retarded) notions of left and right that make no fucking sense at all
>>
>>382064036
it is applicable

you're saying activision has free reign to shit out call of duty indefinitely with no repercussions, and I'm denying that, things like opportunity cost being the reason

>big economics dick
nothing complicated or interesting about what I've said
>>
>>382061151
>ITT: People who have never been in a union
Life's easy when mommy gives you an unlimited supply of tendies.
>>
>>382065225
>said by person who never had to deal with union bitching
>>
>>382065225
>if I have personal experience of it, it makes more logical sense
unions are the ultimate case of not seeing the forest for the trees
>>
>>382065401
>>382065449
>Being a cuck for big business
>>
>>382065576
is this what you yell at uber drivers from your curry smelling shitcab?
>>
>>382065067
>only through modern understandings because leftists don't want to be associated with anything bad
Oh the irony.
Jesus fuck, sometimes I'm surprised that diehard lolbergs still exist. I thought that everyone in that milieu either fucked off and became a commie or a fascist. I guess Jeffrey Cucker has to have an audience somewhere.
>>
>>382065750
I can't wait for Trump to cut your mother's healthcare so she can't take care of you and you'll be forced into work as the world's fattest Walmart greeter and make the rest of your money by sucking Tyrone's dick out back.
>>
>>382048342
>At least the guys in Deus Ex tried.
I feel like the guys in Deus Ex were just random staffers from around the office putting on their best chinky and french accents.
>>
>>382066053
>unironically wanting to keep propping up (((insurance companies))) using a model literally drafted by cuckservatives to stave off single-payer because someone from the blue team was the one to actually implement it
lmao
>>
>>382065752
what an argument
>jeffrey cucker
no idea who this is
>oh the irony
not understanding this. Are you implying libertarians don't want to be associated with the left or right?
>oh the irony
it's true though, nazis saw themselves as closer to communism than capitalism

so if nazis are right wing, than what are capitalists?

>lolberg
really cringey stuff
>>
>>382066053
I actually can't tell if you're a trump supporter or not with this post

but supporting obamacare indicates leftist, so I'll just assume you're mentally ill
>>
>>382066290
Poor, unlucky or even stupid people who can't afford healthcare shouldn't die in a civilized society when you have a way to save their lives. This isn't about left or right, this is about being a decent human being and caring about others.
>>
File: 1476313707643.gif (299KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1476313707643.gif
299KB, 125x125px
>>382066182
I'm not even making arguments anymore, I'm just making fun of you because you don't know anything and you're so locked into how shekels are shuffled around and how many freedumbz you have that you think ideology in general can be characterized by such things.

Neither am I asserting that fascism is right wing. There's left-wing fascism, it's called Strasserism, National Bolshevism and National Syndicalism. They're kind of fags, but they're still better than you because they actually tend to know what they're talking about.
>>
>>382066565
In an ethnically homogeneous society that would be true. As it is it's about taking my shekels to subsidize the low time preference and low intelligence of mestizos, Arabs and blacks.

Daily reminder that you can EITHER have socialized health care OR you can have open borders and multiculturalism. Not both.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (38KB, 605x533px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
38KB, 605x533px
>>382066565
pay fore my healthcare
>>
>>382051076
If they think they're entitled to a percentage of the profits, then they should be working free and writing a check when a game loses a lot of money. It's only fair.
>>
>>382066565
>when you have a way to save their lives
this is the problem with leftists, they debate in hyperbolic terms with no nuance or practical understanding of the implications

there is always something more you can do for a person to the point where there is essentially no upper limit to what you can spend on healthcare for an individual

this is fundamentally why the drug program is out of control

under a pay for care model, the determination of how much money will go towards a persons care is their ability to pay, which they can save for and (before it was ruined) invest via insurance

under the governments model, this truth does not go away, so what is the determining factor for the limit of care an individual will receive?

this is why people use phrases like death panels, because if it isn't personal finance, the line has to be drawn somewhere by a bureaucrat
>>
>>382066608
>I'm not even making arguments anymore
oh, I've noticed

>neither am I asserting that fascism is right wing
my last post emphasized why your model is unworkable and used nazism (your retard ideology) instead of fascism

I'm not too concerned with every gay little flavor of faggotry fascism has to offer the world
>>
>>382066182
Also, I'm saying that you don't like to be called a Nazi despite being right-wing, so you've developed an ideological framework in which you can call your opponents Nazis and feel good about it to yourself.
>>
>>382066781
most people in the US who need government healthcare support, and welfare for that matter, are white so your argument is disingenuous.
>>
>>382067361
Weird, it's almost like the US is a majority white country.
>>
>>382066781
That's fine. I am against immigration and multiculturalism. You can even kick shitskins that are already in the country for all I care. I just want my fellow countrymen to not die when there is a way to save them. Also I'm not american so I don't really support either Trump or democrats.

>>382067034
You are the one debating with hyperbolic saying that healthcare means spending infinite amount of money on a single individual.
If someone cannot afford even the cheapest insurance, the government should provide some basic level of healthcare. That doesn't mean drugs and surgeries that cost millions. But at least people shouldn't be afraid to go to the doctor when they are sick, they shouldn't have to fear that they will lose their house to the hospital bill.
>>
>>382067442
then why only mention non-whites as a rationale for why we can't have welfare and single player healthcare, when you admit that whites are the main users of those things.
>>
>>382067312
>my last post emphasized why your model is unworkable
But you don't actually know my model lmao
You don't know the first thing about what you're talking about and it really shows.
>>
>>382045293

This image made me care even less about voice actors and their grievances.
>>382067341
>>382067361
>>382067442
>>382067542

>starts with voice acting
>healthcare and political shit at the bottom
>>
>>382067341
I don't call my opponents nazis, and I don't demonize opponents like that. If you didn't read, I addressed nazism on it's terms
>I don't like being called a nazi
I'm indifferent because it would be idiotic to do so. If anything it would help whatever argument I have.

my framework I developed tries to make the left-right paradigm actually workable, which is hard to do because it's idiotic in the first place, but useful colloquially

obviously as a libertarian I'm concerned with state power, so characterizing other ideologies as more or less close to that goal would make sense

whereas defining left and right wing by cultural traits that have nothing to do with government action seems illogical and useful for strawmanning
>>
>>382067676
The OP post was already about unions, which is about politics and economy.
>>
>>382067617
Because non-whites use them at a disproportionate rate? Or maybe because with a permeable border Mexicans will just head on over through Tijuana or Juarez and get dem health care gibs, just like blacks already do.
>>
>>382067747

Guess you should move it to the /pol/ board
>>
>>382061543
How so? You do realise it's only 4.5 million
>>
>>382067542
>healthcare means infinite amount of spending
no, I did not say that. I said healthcare implies there is no upper limit to possible spending. For instance, practically speaking, there will always be a more expensive treatment that somebody could get, or more expensive drugs, or more frequent doctor visits, or faster care, or more access to tests.

I'm not implying you have to spend an infinite amount, I'm getting at what determines where the line is drawn.
>at least people shouldn't be afraid to go to the doctor
the reason medical costs are so high in the first place is similar concerns in the past leading to government intervention into insurance and healthcare

I don't necessarily disagree with a social safety net, but that is not all the government is doing. The leftists just act like that's all they're doing.
>>
>>382067617
Also, I -want- single payer and social safety nets. I just also want to send all the brown people back.
My point is not that socialized programs are bad, it's that unless you have a homogeneous country, it's not going to work out.
>>
>>382067779
So in your world, the moment the US gets socialized medicine, hospitals everywhere will stop ID checks before admitting patients? Also what are the disproportionate rates and why does that change the question of whether or not the government should pay for mandatory medical procedures.
>>
File: 1489058091444.jpg (40KB, 640x628px) Image search: [Google]
1489058091444.jpg
40KB, 640x628px
>>382045293

Voice actors are hired to do a job

They aren't investors and they don't own the company, they should be grateful to have such a easy job.
>>
>>382067625
>Third, the right, despite your warped lolberg perception, is not inherently libertarian. It is characterized by admiration, or at least acceptance, of hierarchy and societal order. The left is characterized by a desire for classlessness and unity. Therefore ancoms, as retarded as they undoubtedly are, are still leftists, despite being anarchistic.
if that isn't you I had no way of knowing you're a different person
>you don't know the first thing about what you're talking about
really compelling stuff
>>
>>382068149
it works fine in canada, which is more multicultural than america. where are you getting your info, fox news? they lie about the canadian health care system all the time.
>>
>>382067853
politics covers a wide range of topics

unfortunately that includes videogames now
>>
>>382068098
The reason medical costs are so high is because insurance pays for it.
In countries where healthcare is publicly owned and regulated by the government, you can get the same treatment for 1/10th the cost.
You are not paying for the cost of healthcare. You are paying for the massive profits of private companies.
>>
>>382068350
>it works fine in canada
http://www.ctvnews.ca/health/healthcare-wait-times-hit-20-weeks-in-2016-report-1.3171718
>>
>>382054079
But this is clearly in usd not some fuckin dune coon money where everything has a ridiculous value but is worth fuck all, why anyone would assume it's long hand in this context is beyond me
>>
>>382061543
It's clearly in usd you fuck so why would it ever be in fuckin poor people money and one million millions
>>
>>382068350
Canada's main problem is Chinese. Chinese, you may not know, do not typically fall under the category of "brown people." Also, my leaf friend, if the bitching of Canadians on flag boards is any indication, Canadian health care is suboptimal.
>fox news
I haven't watched Fox in years lmao, do you not know any other right-wing news outlets?
>>
>>382045564

Pretty much this.

It's not like you need famous people to have lines in video games. Nor does having famous people seem to make a game more successful.

As such, who the fuck cares if some uppity faggot who demands more money is voicing the game, or if somebody else who's happen to work for a reasonable fee is?
>>
>>382068468
>in canada you have a thousand people waiting in line
>in the US you have 500 people who get promp treatment and 500 who die because they can't afford it
>>
>>382068468
if you walk in with a life threatening condition such as stroke, heart attack or anything that needs immediate attention you will be on the operating table within a day. people don't die because they aren't receiving medical attention in Canada, that is strictly a US problem as far as modern first world nations go.
>>
>>382068762
>if you walk in with a life threatening condition such as stroke, heart attack or anything that needs immediate attention you will be [treated] within a day.
This does not seem like a good track record.
>>
>>382068426
>the reason medical costs are so high is because insurance pays for it
there are hundreds of thousands of regulations around insurance, and the most expensive factors come from restricted supply and increased cost of operating

insurance in industries not heavily regulated, like dental, is not astronomical

>you can get the same treatment for 1/10th the cost
it costs the same or more, just outsourced to the taxpayer
>you're not paying for the cost of healthcare, you're paying to massive profits
same shit exists in other countries, except it's bureaucrats bloated salaries instead of corporate profits

my favorite example is the UK which unbelievably employs 6% of it's entire population in it's health department
>>
>>382068762

People more prone to unhealthiness die

>thins out the population
>more jobs become available
>spend less money keeping them alive

Sounds like a win
Thread posts: 530
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.