[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tech demo tier gameplay >borderlands humor >decent

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: portal-1-2-cover.jpg (32KB, 505x470px) Image search: [Google]
portal-1-2-cover.jpg
32KB, 505x470px
>tech demo tier gameplay
>borderlands humor
>decent storytelling
It's not bad, but I don't see how people claim it's one of the greatest franchises.
>>
casuals
>>
Wow! Randy Pitchford made PORTAL??? WTFF EPICCCCCC
>>
If you're just playing Portal now, then yeah, it's not as revolutionary or amazing. Go back 10 years when FPS were still pretty much all just "shoot mans until exit" with the occasional "wander and wait for cutscene" segments, and suddenly this FPS came out that was about solving puzzles instead of mass murder.

As for "Borderlands humor", Borderlands came out 2 years after Portal. It's arguable that Portal 2 was influenced by Borderlands, but even then that game existed before Borderlands 2, which is when the humor of Borderlands turned to complete and utter shit.

tl;dr Portal was amazing in 2007 but time and imitation by others has worn it down.
>>
>>382044994
this ends the thread.
/thread
>>
"borderlands humor" is face mcshooty, the bandit who wants you to shoot him in the face. Portal's has blunt delivery KIND OF like Borderlands, but it's much less... Immature about it.
>>
it's REALLY fun and the storytelling is REALLY nice
>>
>>382044558
Here is the crucial difference in the humor of borderlands and portal. While the delivery is similar the jokes are quite different.

Portal makes autism funny.

Borderlands is an autistic trying to be funny.
>>
>>382044994
>but time and imitation by others has worn it down.
what's an "FPS puzzle" game that even comes close? portal holds almost as strongly today as it did back then.
>>
>>382048543
It does, OP is full of shit.
>Tech Demo tier gameplay
A game that uses new gameplay tech? Sounds good too me.
>>
>>382048543
Portal 2 and all the other attempts to replicate the first Portal all suck compared to the original experience.
>>
Glados made me laugh a lot in 1. 2's humor was far too reddit for my taste
>>
>>382048543
I thought Antichamber was neat.
>>
>>382044994
>he hasn't heard of deus ex
>>
>>382048543

see
>>382049912

exactly. Antichamber was fantastic.
>>
>>382049912
>>382050260
lmao
>>
I WANT TO FUCK GLADOS
>>
>>382048543
>>382049912
Talos Principle was fun. I also enjoyed the Turing Test. I may just be a sucker for this genre though.
>>
>>382050317

>lmao

>thinks antichamber is trash
but some puzzles a 5 year old can solve are the best thing in the world cuz muh portals

lmao.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.