[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Remember when Minecraft had potential way back, /v/? Imagine

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 358
Thread images: 78

File: index-hero-og.088fb7996b03.jpg (425KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
index-hero-og.088fb7996b03.jpg
425KB, 1200x630px
Remember when Minecraft had potential way back, /v/?

Imagine for a moment that you've been given creative control over Minecraft in its infancy, What would you do differently? What direction would you take it in?
>>
no hunger bar
>>
>>382041048
They did EVERYTHING right, your just losers who cant get over that a team of smart game designers added more content. This is why we, the minecraft gamers dont play with 4channers.
Know your place
>>
Vaster landscapes.

Better building tools.

Things to put in your buildings (industrialcraft-type stuff but without autistic hackjobbing and less OP), as well as a metric fucktonne of decorative items.

Ways to automate the boring shit.

Real trains. Real boats. Real planes.

A continental scale. Scarce resources needed for high-tier shit should be literally hundreds of kilometres away, thus giving trains, boats, and planes a use, as well as incentivising multiple sites to manufacture things on-site if they're volume-reducing products, as well as freight to ship it back.

And finally, AI-controlled factories that you direct centrally.

Endgame objective is to ship resour....

FUCK. I'M MAKING FACTORIO.
>>
File: 1490719686504.gif (537KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1490719686504.gif
537KB, 480x270px
>>382041668
0/10 bait
>>
>>382042062
Oh fuck off you loser.

When we call you out on your bullshit, you guys squirm saying "BAAAIT WHAAA" and refuse to see the facts on why no one plays with you
>>
>>382041370
This gives me mixed feelings. Having to eat every few minutes to keep running is tedious but growing and cooking food is comfy.
>>
Add in an actual game to compliment the building, basically content like Terraria, and then add in an actual combat system like Cube World tried to do.

Not really rocket science.
>>
File: 1495290449796.gif (851KB, 570x498px) Image search: [Google]
1495290449796.gif
851KB, 570x498px
>>382041048
Actually make it about survival instead of autistic building. More of a roguelike like don't starve

But honestly, that is just my own preference. If I am honest I think Minecraft is perfect as the kind of game it tries to be and its definitely a better game for kids than the shit I played back when I was one.
>>
Remember FLOAT?
>>
Super unpopular opinion but I'm going to say it anyway. Creative mode killed Minecraft for me. Why mine after blocks you can just get from a menu and place anywhere?
>>
>>382042502
It's pronounced FLAOT.
>>
>>382041048
Redstone would have been a simple coding system from the get-go instead of forcing a player to learn how to jury rig gates out of repeaters and torches.
>>
>>382041048
>no hunger
>no enchantments and other wannabe rpg elements
>TONNES of decorative items
>more building materials and technics
>>
>>382041048
Bigger and better dungeons, big castles with puzzles n shit
Like the twilight forest and chocolate quest ones
>>
>>382041840
>Vaster landscapes.
This, The oceans need to be larger, the plains need less variation in height, the mountains need to be taller and water should not always spawn at sea level, there should be lakes and rivers at different altitudes.
>>
Make it Terraria.
>>
>>382041048
From the get-go I knew Notch was a lazy fuck and I just wanted real mod support. Never happened.
>>
>>382041048

you can do whatever you want with minecraft, it's a moddable game, stop crying
>>
>>382042570
I was always just into building aspect anyway, so back when there as nor Creative I just used third party programs to give myself as much shit as I needed. Flying definitely killed some of the comfynes though, even if it did make building large constructions 100 times more bearable.
>>
>>382041370
This so fucking much.
All it did was add a chore to the base gameplay. It punishes free exploration by requiring you focus on either hunting or farming.
>>
>>382042964

idk if it was a mod but I remember being able to choose how big the oceans were and how much height variation there would be in the world gen
>>
>>382041048
Are there any mods that let me easily pick and customize what features I want when creating a world? i.e. no hunger bar, lots of trees, no creepers, limited iron, etc.
>>
>>382041048
Well, first off I wouldn't have changed terrain generation to what it is now. I would have kept the fantastical floating stuff we would usually get and also make it so we would get real mountains and not whatever we have now.

I would have an option for torches to burn out and need relighting as well as making if so you could get a lantern for a more permanent and better source of light, but this would be a personal light and not something you could place.

Hunger would also be optional for those that didn't like the system.

Some kind of rare resource that would give you an incentive to make better mining tools as well as changing ore generation to be more true to real life, so to give you a reason to use the Nether teleporters as well as a Minecart system to take lots of resources from your mines around the map back to your base.
>>
File: ml8nciW.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
ml8nciW.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>382042964
The problem is there's just no point when the draw distance is so low.
>>
>>382043065

? it has real mod support
>>
>>382041048
Honestly the biggest strength and weakness of Minecraft is that it never decides whether it's a survival/exploration game with creative elements or a creation game with survival/exploration elements.

I think at this point the creative elements are the only thing keeping the game alive at this point. I think that the base gameplay systems would need a bit of a revamp in order to better facilitate deeper exploration. Meanwhile, if you want a more creative game you'd likely want more options for building cooler shit.
>>
>>382041048
Does console/win10 versions even have that much draw distance?
>>
Is minecraft for android all right? I feel like sinking some time in this autism fest again, but I have too much better stuff to do when I'm at home.
>>
>>382043284
>I would have an option for torches to burn out and need relighting as well as making if so you could get a lantern for a more permanent and better source of light, but this would be a personal light and not something you could place.

This /was/ the plan at one point, but enough people complained about the idea pre-update that Notch backpedaled on it. Or he just said he was going to, and never actually did it. Take your pick.

Interesting that we still got saddled with the hunger bar though.
>>
pretty much every suggestion ITT is already in a mod
>>
I'd do the same and sell it for billions.
>>
>>382041048
How did you discover minecraft?
>>
>>382041048
I would have liked to see large mobs that you can build on
like sea turtles or some kind of ash strider
>>
>>382042156
You can stop baiting, anon. This is the only (You) I'll give to (You)
>>
>>382042964
Fuck that. World gen from Alpha to Beta 1.7.3 was great.
>>
File: FLAOT.png (319KB, 985x911px) Image search: [Google]
FLAOT.png
319KB, 985x911px
FLAOT
>>
>>382041048

Player names are only visible when within 5 tiles, and when you have line of sight.
Want to find your friends? Learn to use a map and stick together bitches.
Getting lost could actually be lethal if you are stranded in the wild.

Keep hunger. Keep thirst. Make meter loss based on both fixed time rate, physical exertion, and biome temperature.
More play on temperature, exhaustion from exposure. No more of this "I can run day and night nonstop forever" bullshit.

Make it so food spoils after a certain amount of time, and introduce rats which will go after chests+boxes and eat your food.
Now cats actually have a purpose, and you have to be mindful about more things than monsters.
No more bullshit waiting in an impenetrable base forever.
Survival means upkeep.

Make animals more wild like; as soon as they see or hear you, chances are they will run. Make trapping+hunting more necessary.

Introduce illness, and herbal remedies made from flowers and certain powders.

Distinguish between torch light and natural sunlight.
Crops only grow in sunlight.

Seasons; spring, summer, winter, fall.
Different crops have different seasons they grow best in.
Depending on the biome, little to no crops grow in certain seasons like summer or winter due to temperature extremes.

Occasional extreme weather; flooding, lightning storms forest fires, high winds that can damage structure, earthquakes, ice storms,

Many many more ocean creatures and life like coral.
Boats that are actually boats and not shitty little boxes.
Airships as floating boats.
Cannons.
>>
>>382043981
My dad showed me this cool new game which was just pretty much virtual lego when I was in middle school.

I'm 19 now, mods
>>
File: dragon_quest_builders_boy.png (2MB, 1325x1383px) Image search: [Google]
dragon_quest_builders_boy.png
2MB, 1325x1383px
I haven't played that many minecraft clones but to me, DQB feels like what a sequel to minecraft could've been.
>>
>>382045075
i fucking loved DQB, despite all it's annoyances and issues. I friggin' love buildy games with goals and bonuses for building more intricate shit.

I hear a sequel is all but guaranteed, here's hoping that happens
>>
>>382045178
I love it too, my first playthrough was kinda vanilla as I was still learning the ropes of the game and had been a while since I played minecraft but I'm really looking forward to my second run.
>>
>>382045075
>>382045178

Yeah great fun building a beautiful city only to have it flattened into an arena for a bullshit boss fight. Then off to another ugly map to do the same thing 8 more times.
>>
>>382041048
I haven't been following minecraft for a long time now, do they have more friendly villager NPCs? I always thought it would be cool to have real towns with guards,trading, and growing populations.
>>
>>382042346
You can still grow and cook food anon, it would just restore your health directly instead of your hunger bar.
>>
>>382043981
I heard about it on reddit way back when it was a mushroom collection simulator before it even had network play.
>>
>>382043981
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MqkEZn8pN4

this video is what made me buy the game
>>
>>382046097
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bh4EexJO4I

this too
>>
>>382044785
>how to ruin a game in 10 bad ideas
If you want a life simulator that much go outside.
>>
>>382043981
i saw a neighbour playing it, i was curious about it and downloaded it when i came home, this was like 7-8 years ago
Game was fun but the lack of content was what threw me off of the game, building for the sake of building gets tiring really fast and i would prefer a more adventure approach kind of like what terraria did
>>
>>382041048
It needs more structures such as castles and dungeons. They've added some new stuff like that, but most of it is just empty rooms with some enemies in the hall way and a big room in the middle with something special.
>>
>>382041048
I gave up on the combat update, never understood it
>>
I never would have merged SMP and SSP, and add proper mod support.
Or I would have started the C++ long, long ago for all platforms.
>>
Why aren't you playing the superior minetest?
>>
>Dynamic lighting.
>More biomes (floating islands, volcanic/ashlands, canyons)
>Fully customisable terrain generation (e.g. biome size, biome filtering, terrain extremity), including floating sky worlds.
>Better/more varied terrain generation and bigger terrain in general. Bigger biomes, mountain ranges, valleys, canyons, rivers, deeper oceans, etc.
>More variation/difference in biomes, using more varieties of plants and creatures (instead of fucking cows and chickens forever) plus better use of texture shading and more colour/texture variations on common blocks.
>More weather and better weather systems which also change depending on biome.
>Better combat. Different attacks and weapons, defensive abilities.
>Non-retarded AI that can take advantage of these improvements.
>Shitloads more creatures, both as ordinary animals and monsters.
>A solution for connecting/powering mechanisms that isn't autistic and a chore to use like redstone dust.
>Proper Survival mode where your location is attacked each night by increasingly powerful waves of monsters.
>Proper Adventure mode with actual stats, leveling, dungeons, treasure, bosses and improved purpose of NPCs/Towns.
>Optional Hunger.
>Some sort of town sim mode where the objective is to build a town and manage villagers.
>Changing, refining and expanding activities like Brewing, Enchanting, Fishing and Farming so they aren't buttfuck retarded like they are now.
>Less crafting retardation like requiring rare items for simple objects like sticky pistons, or flat out being uncraftable like saddles.
>More base materials and craftable items in general, including simple decorative stuff such as chairs, tables, etc.

For some reason they decided to go in the "adventure/RPG" direction (in a really half-assed way I might add) instead of focusing on building and crafting and world generation.
>>
>>382044586
What is this? That looks like something fun to explore, was there a mod that made your world like this?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GW_fdXHOWp4
>>
>>382043981
unironically tumblr
>>
File: 1484681732789.png (59KB, 383x279px) Image search: [Google]
1484681732789.png
59KB, 383x279px
>>382046714
>>
>>382043981
My friend was playing it in the computer lab at school one day and like 5 people gathered around him asking him what the game was.

This was in 2010ish (I forget when the game got big but it was definitely before then) I think and we were all 13/14. Looking back I'm almost 100% certain my friend starting playing the game because he was probably browsing /v/ underaged and saw it here.
>>
>>382043981

i was here on /v/ when notch used to post here

I remember playing in the beta before they added pigs

me and my m8 made a giant dirt wall because that was nearly all you could do back then
>>
>>382043981
I saw a infosheet on /v/, on how to survive your first day

>>382046661
pretty good
>>
The exact same, holy shit how many billions did he get for it?
>>
>>382041048
C++
>>
>>382041048
I'd probably just copy terraria as much as I could get away with.

Also have a fantasy world gen and a "muh realistic biomes" worldgen options.
>>
>>382047262

$3 billion.

Leaked internal Microsoft emails showed how they regretted purchasing it for that much.
>>
>>382041840
Underrated post
>>
>Instead of clear cut biomes do a DF style biome generation
>Randomly generated mobs, (armored skeletons etc etc)
>More weather patterns, hail, misty, dust after a mine collapse
>Improved sand physics, no longer falling down straight but actually produce heaps.
>Add fluid management, allow flooding and pumping
>Add more mechanical crap, rotating things or pushing/pullling rows of stuff
>Improve the look of the randomly generated towns, they're just blocks...
>Add medival look to the villages, walls, gates, roads
>Add hints how to build crap, perhaps the villagers can help
>Introduce mechanics which could help form the landscapes over time, erosion etc etc
>Aggresive villages
>Larger trees only, no more puny crap
>Trees should fall when lowest block is cut
> Improve rendering you cunts, display lists are fucking 2000 era technology
> Improve AI of mobs
> Add additional dimensions (The aether or the end for instance)
> Allow the player to build towns/cities for AI mobs (e.g. terraria crap)
> Improve fishing, hunting. mobs could actually run away if the player comes too close.
> Allow more traps, either crafting or through mechanics

>Remove the block stealing mob because the landscapes look like crap after a while
>Remove the ending
>Remove RPG elements
>Remove hunger
>Remove the previously pink haired whore
>Remove Microsoft
>>
>>382041840
Seriously though, you make a good point with the building tools and decorative items. I don't think big endgame stuff like entire economies would make much sense in the vanilla game since it's quite small-scale most of the time, but I'd love to see more options for building creatively. We still don't have a lot of really basic blocks in vanilla; stuff like vertical slabs or stairs, different shades of stone brick, etc.
>>
>>382043981
/v/ back when everyone was playing Classic and making pixel art and CTF was promised.
>>
Minecraft was and is a good game, you just grew out of it.
>>
>>382044586
Well shit, that's a blast from the past right there.
>>
>>382047642
They could have bought Star Wars instead
>>
>>382047642
I just assumed their purchase meant Minecraft 2, now with a shittier more exploitive payment model, was on the way. I'm sure it still is someday but there are some core aspects to the game that need improved, not even changed just done better. >>382047384 This for example can lead to >>382044586 and >>382043294 maps. Maps like that lead to improvements in exploration, dungeons and whatnot that others complain about.
>>
>>382043981
When notch was shilling his game here and we were givin him blunt and honest feedback.

This made the game good, when he left, the deterioration began.
>>
>>382047642
>Leaked internal Microsoft emails showed how they regretted purchasing it for that much.
Source? Not that I don't believe you but I'd be interested to read them.
>>
>>382047052
Thread contribution right here
>>
>>382047680

Lots of cool ideas here.

Some of it... eh some of that shit just wouldn't work in Minecraft. I'm not saying they're bad ideas, but as it stands the overhaul needed to do autistic shit like make trees """fall""" over when the bottom block is chopped would be autistic. Imagine the ugly model of those retarded trees """falling""" (the blocky shit model tilts sideways and breaks into blocks). Same with sand and water physics. Water I could see being interesting, but sand would just be autistically annoying. Some of those things you named actually happened. They gave mobs random armour. They added hints for building shit in the last update. It's baked into the inventory UI.

I think weather patterns, Aggressive villages, Improved AI, Larger trees, Improved fishing, Building towns for NPC's, and more traps could definitely improve the experience. I don't understand how updates in Minecraft are so slow. It's been 7 fucking years. Minecraft has been out an entire console generation with so few large updates. Better now than it was before the M$ buyout though.

>>382048002
Are you kidding? That fat fuck didn't do anything beyond beta. Thank god he sold it to microshit so that the game actually receives content.
>>
File: World1_isometric_north.png (4MB, 3584x2768px) Image search: [Google]
World1_isometric_north.png
4MB, 3584x2768px
Post old maps, for old times sake.
>>
>>382041048
ok fuckers, here's a simple explanation. Minecraft never really had more potential than what it became.

the biggest hindrance is the fact that its combat is melee-focused in a first-person game. It doesn't work, period. no, condemned is not an example of it being good. It does not fucking work. it can at best be tolerable.

second, the face that the game is "survival"-based means that there's little in the way of progression. diamonds are the best thing and you can get them 10 minutes into a new file.

these two problems are so central to minecraft that it basically only leaves the building, and the building is basically as good as it can be. just adding more stuff to the game doesn't make it better, since at this point more items would cause a ton of bloat in your inventory and actually make the game worse. (the recent minecraft updates already do this with all the useless decorative blocks, mods also take this to an extreme)

with all of this in mind, really the only thing they could do better is the world generation, with more structures and more interesting visuals when it comes to the biomes WITHOUT adding more useless blocks like they've been doing. still, even the most interesting world generation would not make the game as good as /v/ says it could have been.

tl;dr: minecraft is fundamentally flawed in a way where it could not realistically be better than it already is.
>>
>>382049139
With the trees falling I don't mean having an animation play out with the tree block randomly falling into place.

I mean do it like the papyrus thingy where if the root node is destroyed the rest just deteriates into pickup.
Sand would definately be annoying but that's the point, same thing with the flooding. In the past with infinte water it was actually scary to mine, if you were not carefull you could flood it and kill yourself. now it's the most boring process ever.
>>
>>382049565
>biggest hindrance is the fact that its combat is melee-focused in a first-person game

You need more experience with video games and combat systems. Leave the board, go play games.
>>
I'd add shadera to vanilla minecraft and add a little curvature at the horizon so it doesnt look so unfinished when the terrain stops rendering.
>>
>>382047642
Why was their offer so much to begin with, 3 billion seems insane even for something as succesful as minecraft
>>
File: 840.jpg (45KB, 442x740px) Image search: [Google]
840.jpg
45KB, 442x740px
>>382043981
i watched it on youtube for ages before i bought it

remember when yogscast was good?
>>
>>382041048
spells
skill trees
more weapons / armor
equipment with stats
siege weapons / territory claiming in multiplayer for pvp
aether in vanilla
>>
File: world4.jpg (501KB, 1382x904px) Image search: [Google]
world4.jpg
501KB, 1382x904px
>>382049305
aight
>>
>>382044586
there's so much wasted potential in this game
>>
>>382043981
seananners
>>
>>382041048
building airships / ships without mods
having your bed on a ship would be great
>>
I like the simple look all of of the boxarts have more than the actual game.
>>
>>382043981
I bought it in alpha back when voxels were the hot new shit and every indie dev was trying to make their own clone
>>
>>382046097
GO BACK AND FINISH PUNCHING THAT SECOND TREE YOU FUCKING WHORE.
>>
>>382050421
same
>>
>>382041668
>dev team of multiple people
>work 6~12months on an update
>it's half a dozen re-textured blocks, a simple feature that was already in a popular mod everyone had anyway and a block/item no-one wants
At least when I wait 12 months for a Dwarf Fortress update the changelog runs off the fucking page. Minecraft devs were lazy cunts.
>>
>>382047642
No shit. They bought Minecraft literally 12 months after it's popularity died off. What were they expecting?

Whoever the guy in the board of directors that convinced them to do it was must've been a fucking master with a silver-tongue and an epic powerpoint presentation to bullshit his way into convincing Microsoft to buy that shit.
>>
>>382043981
/v/ shortly after infdev became beta or whatever
>>
File: 1490568143699.jpg (106KB, 908x756px) Image search: [Google]
1490568143699.jpg
106KB, 908x756px
>Want to make a first person exploration and adventure game, where the random generation is neat and varied
>All these suggestions for things people would want in such a game.

nice
>>
>>382044785
Nigga install some mods
>>
>>382045075
Castle Miner Z was the shit too
>>
>>382043981
There was a post about it on the TF2 blog years ago. I checked out minecraft classic and I liked it so I bought the real game. Got it just before minecarts with chest iirc.
>>
>>382050074
Im pissed they will never continue soi
>>
>>382043981
I saw this video and bought it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF9xMNuAfwE
>>
Change absolutely nothing, enjoy all the money
>>
Make it 3D Terraria, similar to what Castle Miner Z did but with actual devlopment
>>
File: 1463636143142.png (298KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
1463636143142.png
298KB, 925x530px
>>382043981
I didn't have internet for a year back in 2009. When I finally got some in 2010, I saw this thing called Minecraft and didn't understand what the hell it was. I kept away from it until last year when I gave it a go.

That was probably the first time I stayed up until morning playing a game since 2003. A week later, I got into modded MC.
>>
Only time I ever had fun with Minecraft was the few times I played with people

In fact, /vp/ had a server thing going on back in 2014 with some mod that turned Minecraft into Pokemon and it was probably the most fun I had with a game in recent years since it was like a comfy Pokemon MMO. Everybody building towns and running businesses like writing books, crafting pokeballs, delivering mail.
>>
File: 1498268643819.jpg (2MB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
1498268643819.jpg
2MB, 5000x5000px
>>382043981
Threads on /v/. I traded someone here 1 tb of upload credit on a tracker for a key during infdev. I think it was bitgamer.
>>
>>382041048
I would increase the definition of the voxels. Instead of everything being made of 1m x 1m cubes it could be split into 0.1 x 0.1 cubes, or even smaller, this would allow for so much more detail in the world.
>>
Kept lava servers.
Lava flood servers were fucking great.
>>
It could still have potential if every update wasn't MORE BLOCKS.

They need to focus on adding actual shit to do instead of building.

Inb4 "use mods"
>>
>>382056296
Unfortunately, that's the only answer. The potential was lost when modders touched it. Horses and pistons were originally mods.
>>
File: CvVS8rAVIAA5NuH.jpg (323KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
CvVS8rAVIAA5NuH.jpg
323KB, 1920x1080px
>>382055783
I think DQB did it best, have the world be boxels and everything else be a regular 3D model, but that's just my opinion.
>>
>>382043294
Is it possible to play with such a render distance?
>>
minecrap got btfo by terraria and factorio
>>
Never sell it to Microsoft. Never develop the game for other platforms, including PE. Release modding API.
>>
>>382044816
>minecraft existed when he was in middle school

i'm getting to old for this fucking website...
>>
>>382041048
Make it into Thaumcraft
>>
>>382054803
>Castle Miner Z
what up Zack
>>
>You will never explore Legendary for the first time with your friends again
>Your friends have all outgrown video games
>Vechs will never make a super hostile map again anyways
>>
File: Chloroniacrpt_normal_north.png (1022KB, 1472x1328px) Image search: [Google]
Chloroniacrpt_normal_north.png
1022KB, 1472x1328px
>>382049305
Very first map (corrupted chunk included). Almost 5 years old now.
>>
File: 2012-07-03_00.54.48.png (793KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2012-07-03_00.54.48.png
793KB, 1280x1024px
>>382060920
>you will never again gaze longingly upon your first ravine, your face full of wonder.
>>
>>382042637
jury rigging computation out of simple shit is awesome. the problem is just inconsistent/unclear redstone 'physics' that make you just say fuck it and copy a guide rather than figuring shit out by yourself
>>
File: 1496369987412.png (4KB, 300x310px) Image search: [Google]
1496369987412.png
4KB, 300x310px
It's been a long long time since i played minecraft, and it's been one of my go to game for a while. I wasn't very much into game development back then, but looking back at Minecraft.. The hell, they're SO SLOW with their update and item/mob addition in general, it's like the easiest game to dev on yet they are doing no change at all.
Best update was 1.4.2 imo it brought so much content.

I still love this game.
>>382061196
fuck, i remember it, i was still a noob and i just fell on it but then i survived on my own and successfully got back up, then after farming wood, got back inside and had shitton of Iron. Ah, good game.
>>
File: 7ZZcdX3.jpg (79KB, 867x642px) Image search: [Google]
7ZZcdX3.jpg
79KB, 867x642px
>>382043981
>>
File: 2016-12-04_04.23.10.png (375KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-04_04.23.10.png
375KB, 925x530px
>>382061658
I still like going in a small hole and finding a handful of coal and iron.
>>
Continue the original idea which was pretty much dwarf fortress in 3d. Somewhere along the way they seemed to have completely forgotten this and decided not to add anything fun.

Where are the roving nomads? Why were pigmen and zombie pigmen never fleshed out? Where is the meaningful wildlife? Why can't the hostile mobs actually have societies instead of just being there to merely attack the player?
>>
>>382061196
Can a nigga get that seed and maybe even the version you made the world on
>>
>>382043981
https://youtu.be/1X4ux0EdZvI The game looked comfy as fuck so I pirated it. Bought an account 6 months later.
>>
>>382043981

Icton
>>
>>382043981
In late 2010 when I was a former subscriber of Mashitama, they had a barrage of Minecraft content on the channel even when it was still in it's alpha stage. Plus my friend also got me into it he bought it for me under my account when it was still $7.95(?) Played it and got addicted to it, especially with mods.

I might just download it again and play the old versions for old times sake.
>>
>>382044168
>1.7.3
THIS !!!!!!
>>
stop updating it so mods didn't get fucked up every time they updated

thats all that really needed to happen
>>
File: IMG_3913.png (255KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3913.png
255KB, 500x281px
Bring back Rana
>>
https://youtu.be/s0fO28D8USk

I heard brief mention of Minecraft from like 2 friends and thought it was some weird mining based Starcraft clone, then I looked up this video and it blew my mind and I ended up downloading a pirated copy. Played that with a friend for like an hour and got lost, he told me the official version just added compasses so I ended up buying it.

Pretty sure I convinced at least 20 people to end up buying the game, for better or worse.
>>
>>382064810
I had used a pirated copy up until the Halloween update whenever that was.
Notch said if you bought it before that update you were guaranteed every update for free (implying there might be paid DLC).
Also he was going to jack up the price if you bought it after the update so I pulled the trigger.
>>
>>382064262
My old waifu!
>>
>>382060321
who
>>
/v/'s alpha server fucking when?
>>
>2b2t
>>
>>382064259
have any modders moved away from the java version?

i'd really like to see minecraft that can actually run without being a stutterfest, and i don't think that will happen in java
>>
What does Notch even do now, now that he is probably the single richest game developer ever?
>>
>>382065525
shitpost on twitter and review weird hotel showers.
>>
>>382041048
It never had potential. It has and always will be an shitty, unoptimized game that can't even run well on modern day computers even though it looks like shit and looks like it was made in the late 90's.
>>
>>382065135
Yeah, I remember that too. I wound up buying a copy for Linux after he said he wasn't that interested in money and would release the game's source under an open source license.

Well here we are today, he's a few billion richer, Microsoft owns it, definitely won't release source under a proper Free license, and is in fact trying to make the game Windows 10 exclusive.
>>
>>382043981
Stanburdman. I was putting off watching videos because I thought the name of the game was stupid, but basically fell in love with the first video I watched.
>>
>>382049305
Woah, How do you do that?
>>
File: 2017-06-28_02.44.40.png (803KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-28_02.44.40.png
803KB, 1280x1024px
>>382063176
eh I suppose. If it's for the ravine alone, bear in mind chunks generate differently each time so you won't get the exact same world.
>>
>>382041048
ctrl+f
>coe
What the frick my heckin' Minebros?
https://youtu.be/6wGl4zj6FZ4?list=PL2A919CD9628A1AF5
>>
Focus more on AI and world building.

Let's face it. There's no reward to Minecraft. There's no avenue for people to herald you as a hero for your potato garden... You can't even sell the crops!

I would have introduced a basic trade system into alpha, and I would have given cartoony explanations for failing to live up to the supply and command you produce....

Don't give enough potatoes? Well, the town is pretty pissed....
And they show up to your shack with pitchforks!

Reason shit doesn't work in sandbox games is they're so empty and you end up having to tell people what you did with empty stories....

If the villagers can't eat they should kill you so they can!

That'd be a pretty good story to tell at the water cooler, and you'd probably not sound so autistic too!

Simple shit.
>>
>>382068582
You fundamentally misunderstand the appeal of Minecraft. Your suggestions are awful and your spacing is cancer, but I don't think I can even fault you because you seem legitimately and fully autistic. Have a nice day.
>>
>>382068582
fuck off retard
>>
>ftb, tekkit, atb... etc didn't become the norm is should have
>>
File: 1323675357969.jpg (15KB, 168x209px) Image search: [Google]
1323675357969.jpg
15KB, 168x209px
>>382068582
>And they show up to your shack with pitchforks!

wow no
>>
>>382041048
>give it an actual artstyle
>replace the dogshit player models so they have articulation and can actually animate
>give it an actual combat system
>hunger bar doesn't kill you, it just reduces your max stamina and makes exerting yourself more difficult
>more rare shit to find
>>
File: 1342312312.jpg (49KB, 500x377px) Image search: [Google]
1342312312.jpg
49KB, 500x377px
>Portals in game
>you can build one

>But teleporters are hard to introduce, here take this one use eyeball that teleports and hurts you
>>
>>382068582
>You can't even sell the crops!
One thing that could benefit from the trading system is if you could do that for emeralds, and keep the process going. One farmer could value carrots, another potatoes, beetroot, etc. Hell, beetroot has to be the most useless crop in the game after the poison potato, which could be a rare trade for a good piece of equipment or diamonds.
>>
>>382068582
Is this bait? I googled it and didn't find a reddit post.
>>
>>382041048
The game needs more mystery and unknown. More than a dozen or so different types of randomized dungeons. You never really face any real dangers other than the random spawning mobs, nothing evil ever follows you back from one of your adventures, so there's no point in building a fortress. Bedrock is always where it is, you can probably hit it around 20-30 minutes of playing, and there's nothing in the world that's ever lower than that. They could do a lot more if they wanted to.
>>
File: anytime.jpg (44KB, 361x691px) Image search: [Google]
anytime.jpg
44KB, 361x691px
>>382042381
>don't starve
>rougelike
>>
>>382043981
/v/ when notch was shilling
>>
>>382067194
OH shit nigger I asked the wrong person. I meant to ask the dude with the map above you. I don't get hard for ravines

>>382060920
Can a nigga get that seed. Also what software did you use to map that? I've only used dynmap the past couple years.
>>
File: file.png (120KB, 400x168px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
120KB, 400x168px
>>
>>382049139
Updates are slow because Minecraft has spaghetti code and it's a colossal pain in the ass to add or change anything to the original version

If they just discontinued the Java version and focused more on the C version and didn't make the PC version of it Win10 only they might be able to get out more substantial updates
>>
File: 235082352.jpg (16KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
235082352.jpg
16KB, 320x320px
>>382068582

>lebbit style spacing

You need to go back.
>>
>>382053790
Post it here when you make it to beta, sounds interesting.
>>
>>382041840
>Better building tools
This is actually one of the things I think Minecraft is brilliant for in its simplicity. Left click to destroy, right click to create. And there's no ambiguity: whatever you're facing with whatever you have equipped dictates the outcome when you click one of those two buttons. It's so simple a toddler could figure it out. I believe that simplicity has been an instrumental part of its success.

Many other crafting games I see overcomplicate the in-game building, with menus and other abstractions. Yes, they're more powerful, but they're also more abstruse, and hence less accessible. Minecraft is direct, physical, and intuitive. The basic controls can be grasped by pretty much anyone in just a few minutes. It's hard to improve on that.
>>
I wonder if anyone has made any good mods for b1.7.3
>>
>>382072671
That is me. I think I used Cartograph or whatever it was called at the time.
>>
>Started playing Minecraft again after dropping it back in 2011.
> I'm playing vanilla.
>On the Switch.
It's like I'm having a relapse back into my old autistic habits.
There's so much stupid shit that I hate but I keep on playing it anyway.
>>
File: 1498461108118.gif (3MB, 280x307px) Image search: [Google]
1498461108118.gif
3MB, 280x307px
>>382041048
>started playing Minecraft on XBONE with best friend
>actually love it
>built a rail system that takes us across six different biomes
>found emeralds last night
>still no villages
>we're building rival communities to eventually fight each other

This game has a hook to it and it's really scratching my creative itch lately.
>>
>>382041668
*you're
>>
>>382073282
Ahh OK thanks for the seed I'm going to try it out and see what I get.
>>
>>382073739
Console worldgen is still using elements from the old beta worldgen, which is why it's more interesting than what you'd get on pc
>>
File: 1498191215809.jpg (57KB, 378x378px) Image search: [Google]
1498191215809.jpg
57KB, 378x378px
>>382073109
Not gonna sperg out about it here because i'm not all that far into gamedev practice, things will change from here until then, and i'm not wholly confident in my '''''ideas''''' which of course will need careful thought and refinement, etc etc.

But yeah, 100% id love to drop by /v/ for some blunt and hopefully fair criticism, as well as drop a ton of keys.

This is all far in the future though.
>>
File: 2012-07-26_03.12.03.png (489KB, 1280x968px) Image search: [Google]
2012-07-26_03.12.03.png
489KB, 1280x968px
>>382060920
Experimenting with resource packs.
>>
>>382074123
What do you have so far anyways anon?
>>
File: 2012-10-21_18.48.26.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2012-10-21_18.48.26.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>382074667
>tfw first time playing with shaders
>>
>>382074710
Nothing.

That's why I don't wanna get ahead of myself and start advertising things that I haven't worked on yet.
>>
>>382041048
Make it REALLY hard to install. Make it Japanese locale. Put error sounds and anti-virus warnings in the installer. Anything to keep kids away.
>>
File: 2012-09-10_23.45.47.png (1MB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2012-09-10_23.45.47.png
1MB, 1280x1024px
>>382074867
Does everyone remember their first time with mods? Post comfy pics and greentext.
>>
File: 1.png (1MB, 1920x1017px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
1MB, 1920x1017px
>>382060920
>>382061196
>>382067194

It's a nice seed. Even the ravine spawned pretty much identically.
The mapping program you used kinda led me to believe that there were plains surrounding your forest, but instead they're mountains really.

All koch though because this seed is still sick as fuck.
Might render out a couple hundred blocks and use it for the live game.
>>
>>382055783
You'd be making the world 100x the size in memory and on-disk if you did that, though. I think that's one of the major limiting factors of doing something like this. You'd need to keep the worlds fairly small to compensate.
>>
>>382075215
Is there any version with mods as good as 1.2.5 yet?
>>
>>382045743
which is how it was initially

the hunger bar timer is too short and the eating animation was annoyingly repetitive
>>
>>382041048
Much more mechanical and creative blocks. Revamping the dog shit combat into something more skill based. Expanding the Nether into a dimension you actually want to explore.
>>
>>382075319
Woah weird. A familiar picture from an old time taken a few minutes ago by someone else.

>Might render out a couple hundred blocks and use it for the live game.
p-post pics
>>
make the modding api as promissed and not complain that its "too hard and the community is doing fine without it"
>>
>>382041048
I'd pander to the reddit / twitch / facebook / iphone / shit-eating normies crowd, sell out, and laugh all the way to the bank.
>>
>>382075936
I'ma be honest I'm lazy as hell and probably won't actually do this.

But it's #goals
>>
>>382075031
best of luck anon
>>
File: 2012-12-15_06.41.54.png (396KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
2012-12-15_06.41.54.png
396KB, 1280x1024px
>>382075620
1.7.10. My only sacrifices were comfy thaumcraft 2 and steve's carts programmable assembly cart. What I got in return was forge multi-part, a better redpower 2, carpenter's blocks, chisel, MFR etc. Well worth it IMO.
>>
DWARF FORTRESS
W
A
R
F

F
O
R
T
>>
>>382076452
Is it worth getting into now, or are the new versions getting on track with 1.7.10 quality?
>>
File: 2017-03-21_00.55.24.png (195KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-03-21_00.55.24.png
195KB, 925x530px
>>382075215
I was a week into vanilla and was interested. My computer at the time was trash, and could barely run few mods, but I loved the shit out of it. I used what I could, and had fun with it. I lost my worlds, but I loved them. I had a fixation for building floating islands.

Current world is modded, working on this for ten months now.

UPDATE: I may have found my old vanilla world.
>>
>>382044586
i hopped into this thread literally just about to ask where FLAOT poster is. i feel a fuzziness in my heart, even if i know it's not really him
>>
>>382041048
I dunno man. I played this game extremely heavily for two weeks in summer 2009, and never again. I saw it recommended on /v/ and paid 15 bucks and did literally nothing else 17 hours a day for two weeks. It's all out of my system, and I remember it being extremely fun.

Is there anything new?
>>
>>382041048

3d dorf fortress
>>
>>382042875
this
>>
>>382075215
THE CARBON FIBER EXOSUIT, HOLY SHIT!
>>
you're not supposed to play vanilla, it was made for modding
>>
File: 2017-06-27_23.44.27.png (333KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-27_23.44.27.png
333KB, 925x530px
AWWWWWWWWWWWW SHEEEEEEEEEIT
It's exactly as it was before I swapped to my new computer.

I even found the old modded world, too.
>>
File: IMG_0173.jpg (320KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0173.jpg
320KB, 900x1600px
>Release the Skyworld they were planning
>Remove hunger, experience, and enchanting
>Increase durability, have repairable items
>Add diagonal and every other directional block for every building material
>Focus more on the Craft and less on the Mine, every update for several years has expanded that enough
>More weapons and armor

It used to be so comfy and now most things you do are tedious, my plan would be to maximize the comf and minimize the ted.
>>
this thread just makes me sad. why the fuck did they ruin minecraft with enchanting and shit.
>>
File: 2017-06-27_23.49.20.png (167KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-27_23.49.20.png
167KB, 925x530px
I did this runway made of stone from my spawn point to another area and eventually found a mushroom island.

Dumping content as I type this.
>>
>>382077790
Because Notch was a faggot who ignored /v/'s criticisms of the way he was handling the game and fucked off to get his dick sucked by Reddit.
>>
File: 2017-06-27_23.52.50.png (848KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-27_23.52.50.png
848KB, 925x530px
First campsite.
>>
>>382077393
it really wasnt
>>
>>382078469
enjoy chopping wood and doing everything by hand then
>>
File: 2017-06-27_23.52.52.png (211KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-27_23.52.52.png
211KB, 925x530px
Spawn point around that tower.
I forget Creepers can OHKO you if you're close enough.
>>
>>382071438
portal + powered minerail in closed off tunnel + another portal is comfy endgame travel desu
>>
File: 2017-06-28_00.01.29.png (412KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-28_00.01.29.png
412KB, 925x530px
Bullshit fort I made.
>>
File: 2017-06-28_00.07.15.png (371KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-28_00.07.15.png
371KB, 925x530px
Another fort I made, after finding a dungeon in the nearby mountain.

Sorry for the blogposting, but the first time playing this was magical.
>>
>>382076452
1.7.10 was also my best experience. I was running Thaumcraft and Mystcraft together. I got stuck in a world filled with nothing but water, sandstone pillars and a handful of floating islands. Escaping that place was one of the single most enjoyable experiences I've had in a game.
>>
https://archive.4craft.us/

REMEMBER 4CRAFT?

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO THAT?
>>
>>382076452
most modpacks still use 1.7.10

Just play infinity evolved with the FTB launcher
>>
File: FLAOT1.png (1MB, 985x911px) Image search: [Google]
FLAOT1.png
1MB, 985x911px
>>382044586
>>
File: FLAOT2.png (2MB, 1738x874px) Image search: [Google]
FLAOT2.png
2MB, 1738x874px
>>
>>382079958
Do you really wanna play Minecraft with 4chan??
>>
File: 2017-06-28_00.05.06.png (150KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-28_00.05.06.png
150KB, 925x530px
It's amazing how useful a sign can be in vanilla.
>>
>>382041048
The direction that would give me the most money.
>>
>>382067094
>>382067094
its an overlay tool, i cant remember what the hell its called though. just google minecraft overlays and maps
>>
File: 2017-06-28_00.31.25.png (471KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-28_00.31.25.png
471KB, 925x530px
Probably my favorite place, a mining site that connected from this area to >>382079347
>>
I don't really think Minecraft could have been "saved" in the sense you people are talking about.

It's suppose to be a dig-and-build simulator and even in it's current state it does that pretty well. Actually so well that it's considered the peak of the genre.

I play it every now and then but I'll be the first to admit that I get swiftly bored. It's an okay little timewaster that's PERFECT for wasting time, but not much more. And I honestly don't see how it could be anything more.

It's like playing with Legos. It's creative, but best done in a social setting. It's fun, for a while, until you realize you're just putting the same pieces into different combinations.
>>
File: blockstorage.png (7KB, 483x236px) Image search: [Google]
blockstorage.png
7KB, 483x236px
>>382075506
You could optimise the storage, there's no need to store 100 individual blocks in a 1x1 cube if they're all the same.
>>
On pc which is the best version,"java-classic" or windows 10? and whih get more support?
>>
File: 2017-06-28_00.44.05.png (282KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-28_00.44.05.png
282KB, 925x530px
>>
>>382041048
The quests actually require advanced crafting.
>>
>>382043981
Notch posted about it here.
>>
File: timthumb.jpg (59KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
timthumb.jpg
59KB, 600x300px
>>382079958
>>382080293
>>382080684
That image got me thinking, would anyone play a virtual world game centered around 4chan and it's boards?
Basically take 4craft and something like Second Life or worlds.com and mix it together
>>
>>382082684
You think he still comes here?
>>
>>382053790
If you want to make a good impact, add physics and allow the players to build free form, fully working 3D machines.
>>
File: 1482309302482.jpg (66KB, 500x509px) Image search: [Google]
1482309302482.jpg
66KB, 500x509px
>>382081904
Pretty sure that what you just posted is bullshit, but I believe it.
>>
File: 2017-06-28_00.53.35.png (278KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-28_00.53.35.png
278KB, 925x530px
Nice boots faggot,
>>
>>382042370
Cube world was cool
>>
File: shock.png (113KB, 311x214px) Image search: [Google]
shock.png
113KB, 311x214px
>ywn experience secret friday updates again
>>
>>382053790
You don't mean like the other 100 survival first person garbage on steam, I hate to say it anon but you will fail or just produce a dogshit product, I would love for you to prove me wrong, that way I have a fun game to play, win win for me
>>
File: 2017-06-28_00.58.56.png (177KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-28_00.58.56.png
177KB, 925x530px
Forgot this was an extreme hills biome. And I still haven't found a village.

>>382083330
You now realize the current updates are on par with the secret Friday updates.
>>
>>382042346
Optional health bar
>>
File: cube world.jpg (255KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
cube world.jpg
255KB, 1200x798px
>>382083323
Amazingly this guy seems to still be working on it: https://twitter.com/wol_lay
>>
File: 1495934130637.jpg (7KB, 180x180px) Image search: [Google]
1495934130637.jpg
7KB, 180x180px
This thread got me nostalgic, what has changed since 2014? Where do you get mods? Best mods?
>>
>>382083860
Oh shit now i want to play again
>>
>Randomly generated CITIES
>Quests
>Item shops
>Npcs

Thats what I wanted
>>
>>382055783
neat idea, but you left out a dimension
>>
>>382044586
>Not float1
>>
>>382075506
1000x*
>>
File: ginger.png (18KB, 205x267px) Image search: [Google]
ginger.png
18KB, 205x267px
I miss the TIME FOR VACATION threads back in the day.
>>
File: 2017-06-28_01.03.40.png (262KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-28_01.03.40.png
262KB, 925x530px
Occasional hostile pops up from time to time.
>>
>>382065701
So he is living the life is what your telling me
>>
>>382080408

>tfw I used to make a diary when books were writable
>had up to 10 volumes of my day-to-day reports, ramblings, thoughts and recipes I discovered (Because fuck you, wiki is cheating)

and then my old hard drive finally bricked.
>>
>>382084136
Right, thanks.

Maybe 0.25 is a more reasonable compromise. That would "only" be 64x.
>>
File: FiFq5Se.png (3MB, 2560x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FiFq5Se.png
3MB, 2560x1080px
>>382076583
No. It was the golden age of mods. But the new version do have a couple neat things

>>382055783
With mods you can
>>
File: 1012355100.gif (490KB, 350x196px) Image search: [Google]
1012355100.gif
490KB, 350x196px
>>382050146
>spells
defiantly this, anyone ever play with the last air bender modded server shit is fun as hell to have a rocket jump that leaves a patch of fire on the ground or walking on water because your steps turn it into ice, but its only fun when its limited so like spells but you have to give something in exchange.
>>
File: WygOg7D.png (3MB, 1846x1011px) Image search: [Google]
WygOg7D.png
3MB, 1846x1011px
>>382083921
1.7.10 has he most mods and arguably the best. New version has some pretty mods though
>>
>>382080684
When did anybody ever think the pics on the left were going to happen?
>>
>>382046229
Yep. In retrospect he's a fucking faggot though.
>>
File: SEELE_019.jpg (35KB, 800x560px) Image search: [Google]
SEELE_019.jpg
35KB, 800x560px
>>382082783

I can imagine
>>
File: 2017-06-28_01.24.51.png (404KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-28_01.24.51.png
404KB, 925x530px
I gotta admit, I miss the simplicity of vanilla. I'm almost afraid to revisit my first modded world.
>>
>>382041048
Does someone remember that fake-fat John Jackson?
>>
Make it more like terraria
>>
File: 1495311143688.gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
1495311143688.gif
2MB, 400x300px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8E0Mcn3QQ7k
>>
>>382042980
This. Over 300 hours and i enjoyed every second.
>>
>>382082234
java classic is currently ahead in updates, thats also the one that has all the mods. windows 10 is on the same level as all the console versions and can crossplay with all of those, but not java
>>
File: 2017-06-28_01.32.48.png (215KB, 925x530px) Image search: [Google]
2017-06-28_01.32.48.png
215KB, 925x530px
Decided to dig for emeralds.
Fuck, this is tedious.
>>
>>382086123
what version
>>
>>382086516
Should I update to 1.12?
>>
>>382086628
I don't know, I've just never seen the shield thing and was confused
>>
File: 1491273004052.gif (505KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1491273004052.gif
505KB, 1080x1080px
>2017
>still no fucking modding API

where the FUCK is it???
>>
>>382057393
On Win10 they showed Minecraft screenshot with 512 render distance, 4096 blocks.
But I dont think that was playable.
>>
>>382057039
That look fucking bad
>>
>>382086713
I'd say it's the only saving grace of post 1.7.10. That and maybe the Illagers.
>>
>>382087209
need a quick rundown on illagers
>>
>>382086123
>>382086628
Get on top of the mountain.
Dig a 10x10 area.
Dig down like a quarry.
Make a waterfall on top of the mountain in which you can dispense items from mining.
Make hoppers with chests at the bottom of the waterfall to store items.
You only need to get out for food if you secure area against monsters.
Good luck.
>>
>>382087727
>fucking your shit up on hard
>>
File: Woodland_Mansion.png (3MB, 2600x2100px) Image search: [Google]
Woodland_Mansion.png
3MB, 2600x2100px
>>382087727
Evil versions of the villagers, appears in a late-game dungeon (Pic related).
Vindicator carries an iron axe, Evoker is a summoner, and an Illusioner attacks villagers and iron golems with a box. Harder than the normal mobs.

https://youtu.be/Vm6oplvyyh0?t=1077
>>
>>382041048
>Get rid of god mode

Literally that, and it would have been a survival simulator instead of being an artistic medium that gets ruined by tight-knit communities and children who have server powers.
>>
File: 1492646310523.png (151KB, 400x509px) Image search: [Google]
1492646310523.png
151KB, 400x509px
I would cancel it to rid the world of early access and indie devs.
>>
>>382086123
It's way easier to find farmer villagers and sell them their crops, plus practically infinite
>>
File: SAVE MEEEE.png (52KB, 164x165px) Image search: [Google]
SAVE MEEEE.png
52KB, 164x165px
> Wood and stone make basic shit, basically there to connect the dots
> Iron makes heavy-duty shit
> Diamond makes rare stuff
> Redstone makes electronics
> Gold, lapis, and everything for the nether gets put into a recipe whenever the devs decide they aren't useful enough

Every single recipe, without exception. No going to different places for new and unique shit, or anything of the sort.

How does this sort of thing happen? Was Notch just trying to sharpen his coding skills or something with this game?
>>
>>382088326
I have the shittiest luck, 'cause I was able to find the mushroom biome before a village. I don't know how far I'd have to go to find one.

>>382087869
Noted. I've been playing with that hammer mod too much.
>>
All I want to do is explore and find neat shit to do.

Gimme a modpack that gives me a reason to explore. There's an airship mod somewhere, I want an excuse to play with that.
>>
>>382083860
He is working on it alone and shows his new features every 6 months or so on his twitter
>>
>>382046661
I would pay $60+ for this kind of game, this would be the perfect videogame for me as I like everything you just said. Too bad that won't happen in my lifetime since focusing on putting
in politics and shit gameplay is king in the videogame industry now.
>>
>>382043981
Heard of it somewhere, cannot remember where, then I watched a lets play on yt, the guy just built a house and got killed
>>
>>382046097
>>382046229

It was Coe's Quest for me. Super fucking comfy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wGl4zj6FZ4
>>
>>382088085
Jeb looks like shit
>>
>>382090207
no bully yeb
he work hard on mc make good updates like recolored bloks and llama
>>
>>382041840
prety good
>>
>>382041048
don't use java
>>
>>382073073
Wouldn't it be entering sense you enter instead of space.
>>
I'd like something that factors in massive ancient ruins. Not just five house villages. I'm talking destroyed castles, massive underground forests, shit like that.
>>
>>382043981
heard about it on /v/
Ignored it until roommate started playing
>>
>>382086715
Pretty sure they gave up on it desu

The game's modding community is basically dead at this point. Last I checked, all the big mods that everyone liked were dead. Redpower, Mo'Creatures, Aether, Thaumcraft, Mystcraft, ComputerCraft, Better Than Wolves my personal favorite, all of them are several years behind on updates because the devs couldn't keep up and dropped off the face of the earth.
>>
>>382076748
FLAOT has concluded his mission after an update brought back floating islands
Everyone else you see is a dirty imposter
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 1138x640px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 1138x640px
>>382043981
I was living overseas and my brother bought it on 360. It was the only game we could play together with the high ping so I bought it as well.
>>
>>382042156
You have to be 18 to post here.
>>
I'm quite excited for MC2 or whatever Microsoft is going to do with the IP after they spend ludicrous amounts of money on it
Supposedly Win10 MC already runs like butter due to being completely rewritten
>>
File: 1498004918206.jpg (11KB, 176x187px) Image search: [Google]
1498004918206.jpg
11KB, 176x187px
>>382043294
Minecraft would be a whole different game if it was like that.
Makes me want to get back into it, but I already know what Im in for.
>>
>>382091838
it might run better but they're going to run this shit into the ground somehow
>>
>>382091838
>I'm quite excited for MC2
MC2 isn't going to happen. MS' main focus right now is keeping as many players on as many platforms playing the game which is part of the inspiration behind the crossplay push. The Win10 version is so far ahead of the other pc client it's unreal.
>>
File: mfw mc.png (345KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mfw mc.png
345KB, 640x480px
>start new MP server with a few friends some months ago
>have a jolly time building a base, maping the surroundings, gearing up
>read about villagers
>decide to enslave them for the greater good
>build a fat prison with individual cells and a farming plot in the middle
>compliment a bunch of them there and go full-on breeding until I have dozens
>not a single farmer
>they repeatedly glitch through the walls of the prison, gather all together in single rooms or flat-out disappear
>no slave work whatsoever getting done
Pic related
>>
>>382092017
Is the Win10 version at the same update as java?How bad does the rewrite fuck mods?
>>
>>382092017
>>382092016
Even just not-shit MC might be worth it. Imagine a drawdistance that isn't complete ass while running above 5 fps
>>
>>382041048
I'd do the exact same thing notch did then sell it to Microsoft and become rich as fuck.
>>
well, my take on it

>remove hunger
>food heals you, plus better food, made from mare varied ingredients gives you buffs that last at least half day
>more types of weapons
>remove night spawning monsters (long rant about it, will tell you if you ask me)
>add varied dungeons to raid
>something like the blood moon, one night (with warnings ahead of time) lots of enemies spawn (you are fucked if outside of your base)
>add more decorations, especially furniture
>higher level items require materials that spawn in clusters far away from each other, and maybe inside a dungeon
>a lot of shit other people said and we mostly agree on
>>
Some way to introduce danger to your world
Like, if you enter Hell for the first time, base-attacking things will spawning every now and then
The game's just too tame and easy
>>
File: Onii chan.png (86KB, 260x192px) Image search: [Google]
Onii chan.png
86KB, 260x192px
>>382041048
Firstly, since it's in its infancy, immediately begin plans to scrap java once I make enough money to hire coders with actual talent. I'd follow the same content progress plan actual minecraft had but the game would have actual meaningful loot, and wouldn't suffer from corporate investor interests wanting the game to stay a shallow puddle of autismal lego building forever.

-make mining more fun by allowing weak sections in rock be able to be tunneled through easier, and give the player active skills instead of gay weapon enchantments.
-Speak of that I'd scrap the enchanter system entirely, fuck that business. Now you can only find enchanted armor as a rare drop or on a book making them worth MUCH more and making your equipment unique. This means things like Fire, power, and sharpness can only be found through treasure hunting, rare enemy drops etc
-Expand the monster beastiary vastly
-fix the existing monsters by give them new abilities (spiders cling to ceiling, skeletons take cover behind rocks, zombies can lunge and crawl etc etc etc)
-redo the nether again, and add something aside netherrack and lava, maybe make some burnt tree forests, hell caves with lava trolls etc.
-underground structures would make sense and there'd be a lot more types of them. and they wouldnt be broken trash like mineshafts and strongholds
-never EVER do the shit combat update we have now, at least in its current form. Cooldowns are fucking gay, speak of that.
-No fucking stamina from hunger, instead food can give you different temporary buffs weaker than potions

Continuing my autism with the next post.
>>
>>382043981
Youtube, popularity.
>>
>>382092653
-I'd use the worlds height to my advantage since it wouldnt be limited by java's autism, and make the world actually deeper than fucking hitting bedrock after digging 50 or so blocks which is EXTREMELY LIMITING. So the world height would be somewhere around 400 or so deep.
-I'd make TNT and bombs more common to make so digging/tunnelling and getting into the earth would be easier at the same time.
-unique weapons and armor and new accessories you cant craft on your own but have to track down or find a enemy carrying it. And taking a que from Terraria some equipment would give you special abilities like long jumps, wall clinging, wall climbing, slow glide (eliminating the need for fucking Elytra's autism) and doublejumps and speed boots.
-move the forest mansions to a reasonable fucking range, you shouldn't have to go out to fucking 40,000 god motherfucking damn blcoks to find one
-use the god damn empty sky to my advantage and add a sky islands
-Get rid of the whole motherfucking concept of the end as it is, and instead making it transform into that sky realm or w/e that was we had a long time ago. and Make the end cities into holy kingdoms without the fucking pointless and irritating enemies that shoot the gay balls at you that make you float.
-The carriable lanterns and ziplines notch's fat ass promised us

I could probably name more.
>>
Literally just play beta 1.7.3
Game was at its peak then
Everything after was just garbage
>>
>>382075035
The problem isn't the kids themselves, but the devs who pander to them.
>>
Anyone remember that big PVP server that had CTF, hunger games and some other pvp gamemodes?

I don't remember the name but i do remember there were some big youtubers there.
>>
>>382041048
>Imagine for a moment that you've been given creative control over Minecraft in its infancy, What would you do differently? What direction would you take it in?
I would do the same fucking thing and sell it to Microsoft for a fat billion dollars
>>
>>382046714
It's a world setting from the Indev build.
>>
>>382092251
I want that rant boi
>>
File: 1474701531921.jpg (13KB, 247x206px) Image search: [Google]
1474701531921.jpg
13KB, 247x206px
>>382044586
>control F
>FLOAT
>not disappointed
Never change /v/
>>
>>382043981
Watched Coestar way back when and bought it right around the time the nether came out

Still have fun playing it from time to time
>>
>>382044586
Friendly reminder that the game's memory allocation for the nether and the end are the only things holding back FLOAT
>>
>>382042570
Then don't play creative mode. It's literally as simple as that.
>>
File: incomin faces of moralfags.png (849KB, 726x608px) Image search: [Google]
incomin faces of moralfags.png
849KB, 726x608px
>>382093471
When notch was still taking ideas from us and posted here regularly. Right at the end of alpha, some guy from here let me use his account, to download and play the game. I wish I remembered his username, but I'm sure he's still around. I'm pretty thankful he did that to be honest. Though I'm completely over the game now I had 5 years of fun after getting my own account after enjoying the early betas.

Piracy=sales. I also brought at least 10 people into the game from my good experience. If your game is good, and you truly put effort into making it a well rounded game then you have nothing to fear from "illegal downloads".
>>
What is the FLAOT meme all about?
>>
>>382093681
meant to quote >>382043981 but whatever...
>>
>>382043981
My friend showed me the free to play browser version in 2010-2011 or whatever. It's surreal seeing it be a massive hit.
>>
>>382042570
That is why I exclusively play survival. I tried out creative for about an hour before I never went back. Leveling a desert mountain and replacing it with a hardwood forest that you terraformed feels fucking awesome.
>>
Minecraft is a 3D building program with a survival game mode shoehorned in. There is also enormous modding scene for when you get bored. If you gave some need from /v/ control over the base game, he would ruin it with 'muh hardcore gameplay'. There are literally thousands of Minecraft mods and separate games with or without blocks that focus on 'muh hardcore gameplay', and none of these ever came close to the base Minecraft in terms of popularity.
>>
>>382091582
At least minecraft still makes it easy to download and play old versions. It's a fucking pain on Terraria and that game has a bunch of dead mods too.
>>
>>382093862
Yet they continue to change the game ever release. Your arguments fundamentally flawed in the fact that the games been in development and has had several major changes even to its core gameplay. nothing suggested so far would do more damage than the devs ALREADY did themselves.

Go away mojang
>>
>>382041840
I can't play resource collecting games anymore without wishing they're Factorio
>>
>>382041668
That actually made me laugh out loud, thanks man, I needed that.
>>
>>382041048
I'd have made it Rust lite to online raid autists
>>
>>382093161
shotbow?
>>
https://discord.gg/VWRq75q
>>
who /griefer/ here?

>lava pyramids
>giant pits with lava on the bottom where they spawn
>x-ray chests and replace items with dirt

good ol' days, now everything is protected :(
>>
>>382046661
honestly this
building is all well and fine, but the adventure is what I would've liked to see more of
what's the point in exploring if you'll just run into the same 6 biomes and the same 4 animals and the same 4 monsters
one of the things MC did right was that super rare mushroom biome with the weird cows, and even that felt like it could've been more
fuck
>>
>>382041048
All you need to do is design Minecraft like a game.

Once you have a wheat crop and a set of stone tools, literally nothing stands in your way. You can hack down hundreds of zombies with nothing but wood swords. You can use a cobble mold the build a Nether portal and walk around freely with nothing but the shirt on your back. You can run around and punch cows and never starve, you can bypass every pre-designed puzzle more easily than you can solve them, you can dig up dirt and pillar up and down every obstacle.

There's no challenge or checks to the player's power of any kind. The game is fundamentally fucked.
>>
>>382093387
that shit was brought over from dwarf fortress, and in DF, IIRC, the night spawning monsters are just a placeholder mechanic to force players to sleep indoors

in MC the night monsters are pretty much pointless as in most cases you only are worried about them for the first few nights, after that you either skip the night or spend it inside your impenetrable fortress

this means that the difficulty curve is actually backwards, putting the hardest part (surviving first night) right at the beginning, and then, pretty much no challenge, just grinding
>>
>>382043294
>>382086783

If only the devs had the tiny bit of competence to increase the draw distance and implement an LOD system to make it playable.
>>
>>382082789
probably pol9k only
>>
>>382095013
> you are only worried about them for the first few nights

Hardly even. You can punch the monsters to death and it's the closest thing you'll ever get to a fair fight.
>>
>>382095181
right, but even if the monsters were tougher, you hardly see them again
>>
Before minecraft came to 360 my friends didn't have pc's to play it so we played Total Miner instead. I liked it more at the time
>>
>>382041048
>What would you do differently?
Make it what it was originally promised to be instead of fag shit it became.
>>
what version should I play? the most up to date? 1.7.10 for mods? beta 1.7.3? I haven't played in forever
>>
>>382041048
>Remember when Minecraft had potential
I remember one group of people that was making shit in creative and other group of people who were stupid enough to believe they were getting 3D dorf fart.
>>
>>382093646
It's one of those things that once played ruins the game by just existing. Again, why should I ever play survival mode for however long to mine a diamond when I can hop onto creative and create a statue made out of blocks of the stuff? Creative diminishes each blocks value to 0 by just being there. Why waste my time?
>>
>>382094709
nah i think the name was like Minecraft PVP or something similiar.
>>
>>382084109
>>382093447
>>382093553
it's FLAOT.
FLAOT.
AO.
not OA.
can you even read?
retards.
>>
>>382096383
Why play hard mode in games when I can go on easy and beat everything without effort?

The point of survival is that you feel accomplished from gathering resources and using them instead of just getting everything you want straight away.
>>
>>382096393
Shotbow meets all of your criteria to a T.
>>
>>382093553
Friendly reminder that you idiots will cry about FLAOT, but will never actually touch custom world generation where you can make exactly that. Fucking tired of you retards.
>>
>>382096686
Survival is still piss-easy, though.

Beating a game on a harder difficulty usually gives you a bragging rights reward of some kind, or lets you see additional content, or lets you play an enjoyable game longer.

Minecraft has zero challenge to anyone who actively plays video games, no matter what your skill level is or what scenario you're put in. Even zombies in full diamond are nothing more than an inconvenience.

Also, Creative has all the content in the game from the get-go.
>>
>>382096952
this was back in 2012-13. I also just remembered about the CTF gamemode that there were player classes that were ripped from tf2.
>>
File: cheesy.jpg (9KB, 216x249px) Image search: [Google]
cheesy.jpg
9KB, 216x249px
>>382095013
Mo creatures nighttime feels as tough as vanilla nighttime should feel, but even then you can cheese the manticores that can fly faster than your computer can render them and werewolves that are pretty much invincible unless you get a weapon from another mob by just going under water. I feel like a fucking crocodile every time I do any kind of PvE in this game.
>>
>>382096686
There's no accomplishment if it can be got on a menu though. It's not difficulty but time that's the deciding factor. Why waste the time?

>>382097269
This is what I'm getting at. Waste all that time holding a key? Or get everything from the get go? Decisions decisions.
>>
>>382041048
>What would you do differently?

Had it coded on anything else but fucking java
>>
>>382094382
I wish I was that easily entertained. Maybe I'd enjoy playing video games again.
>>
tunnels should be able to cave in, flood, and contain poisonous gases

basically more environmental hazards
Thread posts: 358
Thread images: 78

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.