[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Am i the only one who feels you can only truly improve in fighting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: shaheen.jpg (7KB, 183x275px) Image search: [Google]
shaheen.jpg
7KB, 183x275px
Am i the only one who feels you can only truly improve in fighting games from offline play? Discuss.
>>
Depends on what you're trying to improve.
>>
Op here, by offline i meant local versus like a tournament setting
>>
I actually got better at Tekken 6 by playing on my PSP version.
>>
>>382034460

Offline only helps with execution.
>>
>>382034460
you can only truly be good in offline fighting games by fighting offline.
you can only truly be good in online fighting games by fighting online.
If you believe that offline is the only thing that matters in fighting games, then sure. But nobody is going to the arcade anymore and barely anyone goes to locals or even major events. You can get the same training sessions in online. Setting up lobbies with friends, sharing tech over discord, watching livestreams, etc. may be better than offline for training.
>>
>>382034460
Yes. Infiltration did most of his training online or in training and lived in a country with very few strong players and then just came out of nowhere to be a top contender.
>>
you learn exponentially faster playing against actual people than playing by yourself.

how are you going to learn how to block and punish a specific string. you can either go through the games entire cast in training mode and record all their moves and be autistic about it or you can play against someone and lose it to it and adapt midmatch even
>>
I got a question for you fighting game fags.

How hard are these games to 100% without using guides? What's the grind like? Do you gotta get decent, or fucking amazing? I'm willing to buy a stick.
>>
>>382034460
It doesn't matter if its online or offline, the way to improve is to play out of your comfort zone. Going against bots on the hardest setting or more skilled players eventually shows you what you are doing wrong e.g needing to block more or using a certain attack to cancel out the enemy's attack.
>>
>>382035249
what? why do you even care about 100% a fighting game,
>>
>>382035406
For the experience. I like doing difficult shit when I play vidya.
>>
>>382034460

No. Online makes you develop the shittiest habits. If online if your only route of play, by all means.
>>
>>382035591
100% in a fighting game is easy and meaningless. It's super braindead easy. The hard part is playing IRL against people at locals or online ranked.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.