[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would Nier Automata have been received as well as it was if the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: Talosrobot.jpg (39KB, 746x420px) Image search: [Google]
Talosrobot.jpg
39KB, 746x420px
Would Nier Automata have been received as well as it was if the characters in it looked like this? Identical in every other way, but the characters looked like this.

If you do think it would have affected reception, why is that?
>>
>>382032935
Yes, because sex sells.
>>
>>382032935
I wouldn't have bought it.
>>
>>382032935
I honestly would of enjoyed it more, would of helped the contrast between androids and robots

As a long time fan of the first NieR, Automata was pretty disappointing. Still good but not a 10/10
>>
>>382032935
First, sexy characters help sales and are easy on the eyes. Second, and even more important, is that you relate a lot more to characters that look essentially human instead of humanoid, and that's important for an emotional storyline like in automata.
>>
>>382033718
As a long time fan from the very first drakengard game, your taste and opinion are garbage.

>would of
G A R B A G E
>>
>>382033718
>would of helped the contrast between androids and robots
By making them look more similar?
>>
>>382033969
drakengard is still better than all of them
>>
I would've questioned why they were so obsessed with humans and trying to act like them if they didn't take the time to make themselves look more like them
>>
Of course it would have affected sales. Waifufags would have dropped it like it's hot.

That being said, however, people praise the game for its gameplay and story, so anyone who actually liked the game and not just 2B's ass would have been fine with this.
>>
You don't have to look at 2B's ass all the time and anyways, people wear more revealing shit walking down the street. I don't know where to look to find people who brush off Automata because of the character design, people really won't play because of that? Will they feel better if they knew you play as a little boy as well? Regardless they're missing out on an amazing story.
>>
>>382034630
People who brush automata off for character design are people who aren't playing worthwhile games anyway. Nothing of value is lost.
>>
>>382034272
You clearly didn't play the game.
>>
the entire point of the androids is that they look (and act) identical to humans lmao. if they looked like that, they'd literally be smarter robots.
>>
>>382033718
NieR was about as far from a 10/10 as you can get.
>>
>>382034967
You clearly didn't play the first or read any of the side materials.
>>
>>382034630
The problem (if it can be called that) with 2B and 9S is that they are classically japanese designs.

What this means is that the story says the characters are one thing, yet outwardly and through all their actions they are just humans.

When you tell someone that your game is going to feature androids, the first thing that pops to their head is a human-like machine that is not perfect in form or function but sits squarely in the uncanny valley.

2B and 9S are androids pretty much in name only. They behave, move and look just like humans.
>>
It would've been received as a modern art masterpiece by the stuck-up English majors who populate shitholes like /r/gaming and SA.
>>
The character designs are a trick to make you think you're getting nothing but standard action anime shit, just like the rest of route A.
>>
>>382035189
>2B and 9S are androids pretty much in name only. They behave, move and look just like humans.

What is it 2B human?

It's not a problem if it's the whole point
>>
>>382035526
That question has a lot more to do with metaphysics than physical qualities, so having the androids be humans is not as astute as you think.
>>
>>382032935
>generic robots with no appeal
>eye candy
You don't have to be a genious to realize the second adds to the game overall value
>>
>>382035189
It's 10,000 years in the future of course they're going to look like humans. Game lore dictates they want to emulate humans so much because they are programmed to protect them so they copy them. Outside of the game though, Taro said he made the androids look like that because he likes girls.
>>
>>382034967
What the fuck, anon? That anon has a fair point. Did YOU play it?
>>
>>382032935
But one of the main points is that YorHa look exactly like humans on the surface because they're supposed to be perfect, doll-like, and disposable for when the back door opens.
>>
I was going to say that it'd be hard to show emotions without stuff like human eyes and eyebrows, but you don't see them for most of the game either.
Except in the parts where it counts.
>>
An interesting note is the most human of the characters in Automata are the machines. Even if the androids look very similar to humans, a majority of them don't question life or conciousness, and just blindly follow rules. They're the most robotic of all. The machines off the network did however. Even the network itself evolved to find a purpose in still living by creating conflict, factions, etc.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.