[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you think Sony will shut down the PS Vita's Playstation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: PS_Vita_stock.jpg (98KB, 1020x678px) Image search: [Google]
PS_Vita_stock.jpg
98KB, 1020x678px
Do you think Sony will shut down the PS Vita's Playstation Store soon seeing as it is a near dead console?
>>
I don't see them doing it until atleast 6mo after no new releases/planned releases.
>>
they'd shutdown the PS3 one first, that thing doesn't even work and they seem to have no intention to fix it

vita's store at least work as intended

thankfully the web store and phone app exist either way
>>
>>382031867
they shut down the psp store while there was still releases happening though

most of the sales of newer PSP games happened on Vita
>>
>>382032075
I'll probably pickup a new Sony handheld if it was available... And be ok if I could get the new votes games on it

Vita gained a decent amount of indie support the last couple years I think the momentum could really move forward, I just wanna see a lot of pc ports so I can play comfy in bed
>>
>>382032298
shame that "if" they actually decide to make a new one, it probably won't even have Vita/PSP BC, nor any PS1 nor PS2 classics. And give up a 1 month PS Now trial.

Sony seems done with that stuff.
>>
>>382032075
they shut down the psp store on the psp itself, but you can still get all the latest psp games from the mediago store on PC and transfer it to your psp.

I assume the same thing will happen to Vita. The Store on the machine shuts down eventually, but you can still get all your PSN stuff from transferring from a PS3/PS4 or PC.
>>
>>382032983

They shut down Mediago support for the PSP too.
>>
>>382033047
They didn't though, it's still up.
http://mediago.sony.com/enu/features/devices
>supported devices: psp
>>
>>382032983
yes, never implied otherwise

it's just the store that's a pain to maintain, the download list and "automatic downloads" not so much

there's already a system in place that there's no real need to remove

PS3's store barely even works, everyone been doing that already
>>
>>382032075
They didn't really shut down anything; they just didn't update the PSP store app to work with changes to the PS Store.
You can still buy PSP games and download them to a PSP, but the buying part has to be done on something other than the PSP itself, like a web browser on a PC. The download list still works on PSP.
>>
>>382031608
I think it still carries its weight in Japan, so not for a while
>>
They won't shut it down until 2020.
>>
As long as the PS3/PS4 store is still up, you can just transfer all your Vita/PSP content from your console to your Vita by connecting it via USB.
>>
>>382033634
You can't do that with a PS4, only PS3 has that connectivity.

But either way, while I can see the store being shutdown and perhaps even many portion of the online play, I doubt they'll shutdown the wifi connection entirely anytime soon. So you can still just click "download to your vita" on the web store or phone app

PS3's store will more than likely die too, it's such a mess that hardly work. But like Vita, you don't actually need it to get your stuff.
>>
>>382033983
oh sorry, I thought PS4 had that feature. I'm used to on PS3 because my Vita is hacked and can't go on PSN, so I have to transfer my PSN content through my PS3.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.