/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

friendly reminder that this is the worst area in any video game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 150
Thread images: 20

File: shrine of amana.jpg (374KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
shrine of amana.jpg
374KB, 1600x900px
friendly reminder that this is the worst area in any video game ever made period and an insult to any fan of the franchise
>>
It was much worse at release.
>>
>>382027380
I like it in SotFS.
It's one of the only non-DLC areas that has a unique gameplay concept
>>
>>382027541
>the sotfs made the game better meme
fuck off
if anything it made it 10 times worse
>>
Was there really something wrong with DS2 or is it just "muh action game" fags that can't into RPGs
>>
>>382027380
>OP couldn't dodge, equip a decent shield or put a magic resist ring to save his life

Yep, OP sucks cock for breakfast.
>>
>>382028352
the world geographically made no sense
>>
>>382027380
>OP didn't invest in dex and fuck the shitters with pharris blackbow
It's all your fault.
>>
>>382027380
>the worst area in any video game ever made
I can choose any level from RE6 and prove you wrong.
>>
>>382028412
Add torchs to see the water pits, shields with magic parry, summoning and alluring skulls to distract groups of mobs, only faggots had trouble with this place.
>>
>>382028352
DS2 is a lot better than 1 in terms of gameplay.
>>
File: SotFS_Pursuer.jpg (1MB, 1374x826px) Image search: [Google]
SotFS_Pursuer.jpg
1MB, 1374x826px
>>382027640
>Everyone said SOTFS made DS2 decent
>Try it out
>It's the same but with worse enemy placement, worse pvp, and he Pursuer in every 2 rooms
>Still can't get his armor
Wow thanks. I mean, I still enjoy Dark Souls 2, it's a fine game. But it certainly lacks the quality that 1 had. Hell even 3 was better and I didn't enjoy that much.
>>
>>382028775
Never had trouble with it, it's just annoying. It's one of many areas in DaS2 I dread because there is nothing fun in them, just a bunch of irritating shit. I haven't died there since my first playthrough but I still hate it.
>>
>>382028352
The game's are not that different, and even DS3 is worse in a lot of the ways that people shit on DS2 about. People's criticisms don't make sense and the ones that make sense are only minor issues. It's probably the best of the three souls games.
>>
>>382028991
I like that they changed the Pursuer to actually fucking pursue the player.
>>
File: utter shit game.webm (670KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
utter shit game.webm
670KB, 1280x720px
>>382027380
Aren't most Souls areas "THE WORST EVER IN ANY GAME"? Izalith, Blight Town, hell, even Anor Londo is actually shit (muh corridors and shitty roof segments).

I really don't understand why everyone pretty much agrees the games are shit but then somehow everyone also agrees they are the best thing ever. Seems like it really is just that difficulty meme that makes casuals like it because they feel hardcore this way.

Clever, clever marketing.
>>
>>382028352

It's a Devil May Cry 2 tier disaster
>>
>>382028352
Why do you post this when OP just gave an example? Why are Souls children so autistic?

Shit world, shit gameplay, shit polishing, repetitive. Awful hitboxes that make zero sense.
>>
>>382029273
I appreciate it on one front, but having him just show up over and over in literally random rooms wasn't a good way to do it.
I would prefer it being like some of the invasion sidequests in 1. If you beat him last time, he shows up in an appropriate place in the next few areas.
>First time is his normal boss fight
>Next time is the Bastille, sets up a trap using a chest
>Every time following it's usually some form of trap and he gets some new strategies
I kind of gave up on it when they even had some locations where more than one appeared. That doesn't make sense.
>>
File: 1479002343444.png (484KB, 718x404px) Image search: [Google]
1479002343444.png
484KB, 718x404px
>>382027380
How fucking retarded (or just plain bad at vidya) must you be in order to complain about this part?
Yesterday it was the Pursuer bitching. What random part/enemy is it gonna be tomorrow?
>>
>>382027380
I liked that area. What was so bad about it? Too hard for shitters?
>>
>>382029372
I am fine with every area in 1 besides Izaleth.
The souls games are all really fun, and have great qualities, but also all have glaring flaws. Not one of them is without some huge flaw, and it's usually different. Because of this, the fanbase often debates whose flaws drags down who less.
It's pretty stupid desu senpai.
>>
>>382029372
Blighttown is one of the better areas of the game.
The Gutter on the other hand is pretty much a shitty knock-off of it and downright insulting compared to the unused version.
>>
>>382029512
Isn't the only place they double team you in the throne room at Drangleic Castle? And even then, it's an optional NG+ challenge that's meant to be tough, and rewards a good ring.
>>
>>382029676
True, but I am mainly saying he feels like a randomly thrown in stage hazard rather than an actual rival or threat.
He needed more relevance. They could have done that by making his appearances have more weight or make him more story important.
>>
File: DS2 hitboxes 2.webm (2MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
DS2 hitboxes 2.webm
2MB, 768x432px
>>382028991
Ah the pursuer. There was a challenge.
>>
>>382029781
I won't disagree with you about enemy placement and how they interact with and fit the levels. That was much better in the first game. Here's my ranking, as someone who has bought every game on US release and completed them all including DLC.

1 = Bloodborne > Demon's > SOTFS > 3 > 2
>>
>>382029372
Dark Souls is a shit game with interesting lore. You always start undeleveled and against a bunch of bullshit, but once you are properly leveled it becomes entertaining. It really is just artificial difficulty for meme value.
>>
>>382027380
What's so bad about it?
Are you so much of a fucking scrub that you can't lure enemies one by one even after all the previous areas before this one that had you do that?
Is your eye sight so shit that you can't see the water's edge?

What is it then?
>>
>>382029937
About how I feel. SOTFS was an improvement I agree, but it wasn't the massive overhaul everyone said.
3 didn't sit right with me. Fun but I couldn't bring myself to do a second playthrough.
>>
>>382029892
Never said he was hard, just kinda dull. It's like having a wheel skeleton in every level in 1. Not actually hard to deal with just annoying.
>>
>>382028352
It said ''Dark Souls 2'' when t actually was ''Demons souls 2''.

Had a good PVP, self contained story, some improvements in the mechanics...
But it wasn't DS1. A lot of people actually hated it cause it forced them to forget what they knew about DS1 and learn some new shit from the beginning.
Like the stats, or shields not being the most important shit ever.
>>
it wasn't even that hard before the nerf
>>
>>382030305
My main concerns was map and enemy design, it was so dull.
Also the pvp was shit because of lack of focus on invading. The arena was fun, but I missed invading people just to fuck with them
>>
>>382027380
>an insult to any fan of the franchise
How so exactly?

Is it because it was too hard for you to patiently go through the area rather than sprinting in with your naked build with a giant ultra greatsword?

It was an annoying area, but it wasn't that bad. It's on the same annoyance level of 4-2, Anor Londo archers, Old Yharnam etc., it's nothing new or "difficult for the sake of difficulty"
>>
>>382028352
It's mechanically bad. Level design is mostly bland
>>
>>382030149
I find that Dark Souls 3 is great if you're just doing a typical sword and shield Knight run, but miserable if you're doing literally anything else. Enemies are way too fast and aggressive for your roll and lack of a Rally system if you don't block them, and the damage that they do is absolutely ridiculous. Meanwhile, they tend to recoil off of shield hits like crazy and are incredibly easy to stunlock. There's a lot that I do like about DS3, but it's easily the worst-balanced of the entire series.
>>
I always ended up playing the Souls games later than they were first released so I never get to enjoy areas before they get nerfed. Or enjoy overpowered weapons and magic before those get nerfed.
>>
File: 1498513476080.png (43KB, 328x464px) Image search: [Google]
1498513476080.png
43KB, 328x464px
>>382028795
>ADP
>hitboxes
>gradually increasing/decreasing roll speed instead of flat heavy-medium-light roll tiers
>poise is fucked
>every animation is worse looking, slower, and clunkier
>90% of two handed weapon heavy attacks pancake the enemy but you can't hit them while they are on the ground so you have to awkwardly let them get up first
>can only move in 8 fucking directions resulting in massive deadzones
>gameplay is better
Wipe this meme off the face off the Earth
>>
File: 91.jpg (195KB, 1529x471px) Image search: [Google]
91.jpg
195KB, 1529x471px
>>382027380
>>382028412
>>382028775
>>
>>382030597
I agree. My first build was a standard knight like always, I feel it's the best way to do any first run.
But when I tried a paladin who used big hammers, no shields, and miracles, it was awful.
>>
File: izalith.jpg (109KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
izalith.jpg
109KB, 1280x720px
>>382027380
You don't know what actual bad levels are like
>>
>>382030704
What are you trying to convey?
91 is pretty good.
>>
>>382030796
Shrine of Amana was worse on release but it's not as bad as Izalith now. If izalith didn't have that ludicrous eye-rape lava it wouldn't be half as bad as it is, you can get through the area in like ten minutes if you know what you are doing.
>>
>>382030704
>most discussed game
On that, I think everyone agrees.
>>
>>382030796
I prefer 1 to 2, but I have to agree.
Izaleth is awful. It isn't terrible at the start, some minor capra demons and the Ceaseless Discharge were just meh, the leadup to the second asylum demon was alright I guess, the centipede demon was annoying but not awful.
But everything past that to the bed of chaos was the worst the series has ever been. I have yet to see it go worse. Luckily it's really short, but fuck.
>>
>>382030597
I dunno anon
If you get more than 0 poise and use a weapon as heavy as a greatsword, or heavier, grab it with two hands, you will just have hyperarmor for days and can spam attack until you have half health, then heal and repeat
>>
>>382030868
I think that's what he's trying to convey. The game is pretty good.
>>
>>382027380
Literally the best area in vanilla das2. Kill yourself.
>>
>>382028991
>It's the same but with worse enemy placement, worse pvp, and he Pursuer in every 2 rooms
Just stop.
>>
>>382027380
It was easy for me, perhaps you just need to get good? :)
>>
>>382031103
Dark Souls 2 is still pretty good. I think that gets drowned out in the conversations about it. Even though I find it to be the worst in the series, it's still good. I prefer it over 90% of other games.
It just doesn't match the others on many accounts.
>>
>>382028352
>or is it just "muh action game" fags that can't into RPGs
Have you played any of these games? You sound dangerously retarded.
>>
>>382030597
I played a STR character with the great club and absolutely melted the whole game, except nameless king, needed a faster weapon for him
>>
>>382031059
It is nice that they finally made Poise do something. I went back to my Cathedral Knight Greatsword build and was surprised at how much better it was thanks to the buffs to Poise and Heavy Armor. It took way too goddamn long, though.
>>
>>382028991
The only reason i can think of why SOTFS is memed to death is because it comes with all the DLC, only 2 of which are good
>>
>>382030461
Agree about the map.
Is pretty stupid (Holy shit take an elevator to a castle sinking in lava), but I guess it was all part of ''hur dur time travel'' idea.
I thought enemies were ok.
There's a theme there. Kings, castles, knights...
I guess is just my thing, but I really liked it.
>>
>DS2 is actually the best in the series because of power stancing, best online, and actual new content
>DS1 is the second best because best world design, but worst online
>DS3 is the absolute worst because it just rehashes DS1 while feeling like a shoddy Bloodborne in terms of gameplay

These are objectively true. I really don't get the massive hate boner people have for DS2.

>b-but MUH WORLD DESIGN
Nigga, who the fuck cares? You play video games for the gameplay, and DS2 easily has the best gameplay in the series.
>>
>>382031179
The enemy placement was worse. They took rooms people complained about and put more stupid bullshit in them
>Remember how that one asshole vendor in the bastille was around a bunch of annoying exploding dudes
>We added more of them, ha
>Remember how the basement leading to the boss in the bastille had a bunch of annoying enemies in them
>We added more, and made them more annoying, ha
>>
>>382031431
DS2 has the best gameplay, but the world is so boring that I never want to play it.
World design is important. Without it the fun gameplay has no reason. I just get bored because I am doing shit I don't care about for several hours.
Besides, bloodborne's gameplay was better, even if it's online was awful.
>>
>>382030606
>ADP
Only has to be raised to 18 or so to get maximum i-frames from rolling. All it does is inflate SL by about 10. A minor and easily ignored stat but that doesn't stop people memeing about it.

>hitboxes
Yeah they're pretty bad.

>gradually increasing/decreasing roll speed instead of flat heavy-medium-light roll tiers
And how is this worse? Because you can't get the fastest roll while wearing Havels?

>poise is fucked
I don't remember how posie played in DaS 2. I also don't remember being able to poise through a lot of shit so maybe it was nerfed compared to DaS 1

>every animation is worse looking, slower, and clunkier
DaS 2 was the most diverse in its animations. They also looked better. You can't honestly say that getting the same backstab animation with ever weapon like in DaS 1 and 3 is better than the variety you got in 2.

>90% of two handed weapon heavy attacks pancake the enemy but you can't hit them while they are on the ground so you have to awkwardly let them get up first

>can only move in 8 fucking directions resulting in massive deadzones
I honestly didn't know about this shit until /v/ started to bring it up in DaS 2 shitpost threads. It isn't noticeable in actual gameplay.

>gameplay is better
It's more fun to play than DaS 1 and 3 that's for sure.
>>
>>382031431
>b-but MUH WORLD DESIGN
I never got this

The one people complain about the most, the Iron Keep entrance, I didn't even notice until people started a shitstorm over it
For me it was just a matter of a poison level transitioning into a lava level, that's it. They could have just placed a teleporter there, but went with an elevator because fuck knows why

They are usually the people that start autistically screeching when you tell them that the Tomb of the Giants view of Ash Lake and Demon Ruins are just setpieces, I feel
>>
>tfw beat it pre-patch and PCfags will never know how difficult it really was
>>
>>382031658
>>Remember how that one asshole vendor in the bastille was around a bunch of annoying exploding dudes
>>We added more of them, ha
I don't know if they patched it but none of them were aggressive unless I hit them first
>>Remember how the basement leading to the boss in the bastille had a bunch of annoying enemies in them
>>We added more, and made them more annoying, ha
If you mean the water tunnel leading to lost sinner, there's actually less enemies
>>
>>382031831
>I didn't even notice so it's not a problem
Typical.
>>
>>382031926
Yeah, but instead of the easy big dumb blobs, it's the flexile sentry in a small hallway. Thats much more annoying and doesn't make sense because he was a full area boss like, 1 area before.
>>
>>382028352
It has it's flaws but it's still good. If DaS 2 didn't have some of the issues it has it would objectively be the best DaS game and clearly show DaS 3 for the regression of a wasted sequel that it is.
>>
>>382031808
The movement and pancake attacks are incredibly noticeable, you just didn't pay attention. The rolling is worse because it is a less effective balancing system and is much less diverse, the difference in equip load feels very minimal. The backstab animations are a great change but the combat animations all have more recovery frames and are generally more sluggish while looking weightless because of mocap. It is more fun than 3 though, DaS 3 is the worst Souls game by far and the combat has almost all the same problems but worse and many new problems.
>>
>>382031431
>because of power stancing
Who the fuck even used this?
>>
>>382031768
>DS2 has the best gameplay, but the world is so boring that I never want to play it.
I don't know how you can think that. It's the only game in the series that actually has diversity in its world. Ds1 and Ds2 are pretty much just generic gothic scenery everywhere.
>>
DaS2 hate mainly comes from e-celeb worshiping /v/edditors who watched a video of some inbred potato nigger listing off utterly pointless and autistic complaints about the game breaking his immersion and suspension of disbelief. if the potato fucker didn't endlessly shill his shit here, DaS2 would be (rightfully) better received than 3 and potatofucker would (rightfully) remain a shit tier nobody with 30 subs. sadly nu-/v/ can't formulate their own opinions and chose to parrot the most cancerous retard to ever touch this board since manlytears
>>
File: photo[1].jpg (27KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo[1].jpg
27KB, 900x900px
>starting to criticize Souls more and more
>starting to praise Nioh more and more
What do we do bros?
>>
Why is the Iron Keep elevator thing an issue in a fantasy series that has not only magic, but illusory magic?
>>
>>382032230
I did because it was fun. A lot of people did actually.
I don't even like 2 much but I thought powerstancing was real cool besides how they did the stat requirements on it.
Powerstancing both smelter demon swords was fun shit.
>>
>>382032364
Are you attempting to say the entirety of iron keep doesn't exist
>>
>>382032230
>Not power stancing the Large Club and Great Club

Most overpowered PVE build I've ever played in a Souls game.
>>
>>382032359
Wait a few years until he shits on Nioh.
>>
>>382032364
It isn't at all. People are just desperate to find criticism so they can look well informed, even though they have nothing intelligent to say.
>>
>>382032045
How is it a "problem"?

Because it broke your immersion? In a game full of mythical creatures, weird locations and general game-y nonsense?

Did it also break your immersion finding out that there are tons of setpieces for locations that you think you can see from "way over there!" that aren't really there?

Sure the game has issues, but it's laughable how negligible that one is, and how much focus it seems to get
>>
File: 1459460954757.jpg (293KB, 621x621px) Image search: [Google]
1459460954757.jpg
293KB, 621x621px
>All the toxic swamp/bog areas in DS3
Seriously why the fuck are their so many?
>>
>>382032045
>Gladiator is the worst movie in the whole history of cinema because you can see a camera crew for a second
>>
>>382032540
this
if you watch his Bayonetta stream and the new DeS video it's extremely obvious he's afraid of actually giving out his opinion anymore on anything
his next video will release in 2019 and it'll be shitting on every game but Dark Souls 3
>>
>>382032230
Anyone who wasn't a shitter in pvp, but i guess most DS2 haters couldnt do much besides the backstab fishing they were used in DS1.
>>
>>382032364
No, but that there could be any number of fantasy explanations, like there's a spell that keeps it from being seen from the ground or something. Killing boob lady makes it night time in 1 and nobody bats an eye at that
>>
>>382032665
2 had a similar issue.
Why did they decide to keep copying the most hated area type.
>>
>>382032753
meant for>>382032495
>>
File: IMG_20151127_154858.jpg (34KB, 325x265px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151127_154858.jpg
34KB, 325x265px
>>382027380
>>
>>382032214
>The rolling is worse because it is a less effective balancing system and is much less diverse, the difference in equip load feels very minimal.
How could a gradual reduction in movement speed be worse at balancing than flat light, medium and heavy rolls in DaS 1? The fact that the most stat effective and popular PvP builds like Giant Dad and Havel Mom prove that roll tiers don't balance dick when you can wear the heaviest and most protective armour and still fast roll.

>The movement and pancake attacks are incredibly noticeable, you just didn't pay attention
The deadzones really aren't noticeable when you're playing. When you're jogging you can move in any direction no problem. The deadzones only will make themselves known if you're walking. Which you almost never do.
>>
>>382032781
Probably had something to do with all the Blighttown memes. I swear it's was one of the most talked about levels when DS1 came out.
>>
>>382032753
Thats just changing the lights. Hiding and entire mountain is much more extreme.
Besides, in 1 it's something clearly done on purpose. There is even a cutscene about it. It's clearly just an oversight in 2, there is no context given anywhere about it.
>>
>>382032669
>false equivalency for mouthbreathers 101
>>382032631
It's a symptom of what went wrong with the level design. It's very clearly a problem.
>>
File: zwei-zweihander.png (659KB, 455x887px) Image search: [Google]
zwei-zweihander.png
659KB, 455x887px
>>382032230
pleb detected
>>
>>382032364
I like DaS but that's actually really retarded. It doesn't ruin the game for me anyways.
>>
Whenever I mention das2 map design being bad people instantly start defending the iron keep.
Nigga I don't care about that, I meant the areas were poorly designed and had shit enemy placement. I don't care about some mountain oversight.
>>
>>382033039
If you mean that it's an issue then sure, same as many other issues with souls games such as the entirety of level design past the Lordvessel in DaS1 and the general hitboxes all over the souls games, but it's not "the worst possible thing that could happen to a game in the history of gaming" tier problem that everyone makes it out to be
>>
>>382033139
You're wrong, then. DaS2 objectively had the best enemy placement in the series. In 1 they were all just like statues in plain view until you got close enough to trigger them. It looked and played like shit.
>>
>>382033039
>QA botch
>false equivalence

Eat a dick, fag.
>>
>>382033098
>>382032746
>>382032497
>>382032391
I'd rather have something else on my off hand than handicapping myself with an extra weapon that just added a meme moveset and barely did 30% extra damage.
And being the shitter that I am i never met any half skilled player that used meme stancing.
>>
>>382027380
I mean it looks pretty
>>
>>382032364
Because there is no effort at some fantasy explanation and the series was previously known for impressive levels of geographic consistency and interconnectedness. In DaS 1 if you die in darkroot garden you can see your fucking bloodstain accurately from Undead Burg. Even if there was a spell that kept Iron Keep from being seen on ground level that doesn't change the fact that a sunken lava city being in the sky makes zero sense and in Iron Keep you can see miles around and there's nothing but lava AND a completely different sky overhead. They could have just made the skybox so that Iron Keep was underground and the elevator went way down instead of up and it would've been basically fine, it's a ridiculous oversight, nothing more.
>>
File: 369733944.jpg (62KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
369733944.jpg
62KB, 640x360px
Part of Dark Souls II's main problem is atmosphere and aesthetics, it's mostly uninspired locations with random styles and boring bosses, slogging through groups of enemies is even more boring when you have no real desire to explore.
>>
>>382033139
How?

I can agree that some enemy placements are weird, but it's nothing that any of the previous Souls game haven't done over and over, it's just how From designs their layouts
The first level is always the best, after that there is a decline, it's very common and every Souls game has it
>>
>>382033436
You have no idea what you are talking about, power-stancing Zweihanders does a ludicrous amount of damage. Even if you dislike powerstancing it's objectively good because it adds a lot more variety.
>>
>>382032753
Because one was intentional while the other one was something even the devs admitted was shit:

http://peterbarnard1984.tumblr.com/post/113787568485/dark-souls-2-design-works-translation-part-2
>>
People who defend 2 are the worst. The game did literally nothing right. Everything that makes 1 and bloodbourne great is missing.
>>
Amana is one of the best areas in DaS2.
If you can't dodge the projectiles you are a massive fucking shitter.
>>
>>382033436
It's always nice when know-nothing shitters out themselves and you don't have to do it for them.
>>
>>382033730
I dunno the shit level design and terrible hitboxes are still very much present, so not sure what you're on about
>>
>>382029980
This. Once you power up, especially in the first game, It becomes a hell of alot more enjoyable.
>>
>>382029489
Shrine Of Amana is one of the few areas in the game with a unique concept. You can choose nearly every other level in the base game and it would be more valid.
Also, the gameplay isn't shit and hitboxes are garbage in every Souls game except maybe Demon's Souls. See >>382029372
>>
>>382033730
It didn't do NOTHING right. Its the best one for console players because it actually gets more than 20fps, hell on PS4 it even gets 60 sometimes. Its not much but thats one single thing it does better
>>
>>382033589

This. One example is the memory where you fight Sir Alonne, his boss room is greatbut the path leading up is just generic castle with iron bar floors with fucking fire breathing lizards in the walls for no reason, they could have had no area leading up or made it like the boss room to make it more interesting. It feels so video gamey in an old video game way, there's nothing inherently bad about that but it's not why I play Souls.
>>
>>382033712
Probably for pve and with certain weapons it has its uses but its still as half baked as 90% of WAs in 3
>>
>>382033414
>retarded analogy that doesn't apply or work in any way
You're a knucklehead.
>>
File: 1449282083809.gif (3MB, 360x176px) Image search: [Google]
1449282083809.gif
3MB, 360x176px
>>382034013
>tfw get 50-60fps in very tight corridors while staring at the wall on my PS3
>>
>>382034252
>can't understand how the analogy applies
>calls people knuckleheads
Serious case of the pot calling the kettle black.
>>
>>382033730
It had the best PvP and build variety in the series and is the 3rd least linear game in the series. It also actually has unique areas and concepts that aren't in the rest of the series unlike 3 where every single thing in the game is a retread.
BB=DaS1>DeS>DaS2>DaS3
>>
>>382033730
PvP was the best in the series when you actually got to play in spite of soul memory. It had the most varied environments in the series.
>>
File: pcsxr0008.jpg (56KB, 722x408px) Image search: [Google]
pcsxr0008.jpg
56KB, 722x408px
>>382034023
>it's not why I play Souls
Then you're playing Souls for the absolute worst reasons.
>>
>>382034440
It doesn't apply because the level design was a deliberate decision, the camera fuckup was an honest mistake. Also you're assuming that it immediately makes the game shit terrible, which is something you concocted to help your chucklefuck of an "argument."
You can't work with analogies, give it a rest.
>>
>>382034524

What do you play it for then?
>>
>>382028658
I don't like cheesing my way with poison arrows but I doubt I would have finished the game without them.
>>
I feel with DS3 the areas where they slow you down and poison you were meant to be areas to explore, if you think about it Farron swamp had a ton of loot and exploration of the beaten path, and the areas in Cathedral had some stuff hidden behind that big door.

However it didn't feel enjoyable because people didn't want to slog through areas like that, it seems like a miss on the side of From as they wanted to make it kinda like the bottom of blighttown.
>>
>>382034629
>the camera fuckup was an honest mistake
It was as much a mistake as the level design in DS2, meaning it was greenlit without someone complaining at QA.
>>
>>382034773

was meant for this dude
>>382032665
>>
File: pcsxr 2014-07-31 15-49-46-211.jpg (508KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
pcsxr 2014-07-31 15-49-46-211.jpg
508KB, 1200x900px
>>382034695
Because it feels like an honest to go video game that doesn't hold your hand and lets you explore and figure things out yourself. The lore and world have never been important, or even good. Souls games are video game ass video games.
>>
>Having DaS1-tier interconnected worlds is required for a game to not be shit rather than being icing on the cake
Why is /v/ so fucking retarded
>>
>>382034023
>It feels so video gamey in an old video game way, there's nothing inherently bad about that but it's not why I play Souls.
This is one of the most retarded things I've read on this sight.
>>
>>382034929
I get what you mean. I don't think I've ever fully explored farron keep. I feel like I'm being punished for exploring.
>>
>>382035141

Because once you set a precedent people are going to be disappointed when you don't bother next time.
>>
>>382035141
Because they're a bunch of underaged memelords who only care about Souls for the lore videos. They never actually played any of these games themselves, so they don't understand why gameplay matters more.
>>
>>382035254
It's shitty to explore, but I feel like they didn't realise people only explored Blighttown usually after they got the rusted iron ring.

Quickstepping your way through with a dagger is better
>>
>>382031926
It's easy to oneshot and backstab them, kill them enough times and get rid of them if they annoy you that much.
>>
>>382036131
You either replied to the wrong guy or straight up misunderstood that post
>>
>>382033730
It has the best NG+ in the series
>>
>>382035264
Being disappointed by it is fine.
Calling DaS2 worse for it is fine.
Calling DaS2 shit because of it is fucking stupid.
>>
>>382036301
Yeah meant to respond to
>>382031658
Not to you.
>>
>>382036625

A lot of people aren't capable of not being either complete fanboys or people that absolutely despise something.

Just ignore them.
>>
>>382036409
I wouldn't know,dropped that shit hard after finishing once
Fuck Shrine of Amana,fuck DS2 and it's defense force,I played DaS and Das2 without patches and not even Izalith was as bad as Amana
>>
File: WHZAoTM.jpg (902KB, 1057x2000px) Image search: [Google]
WHZAoTM.jpg
902KB, 1057x2000px
>>382027380
>faraam set
>drangleic shield + greatsword
>low vigor
Absolute shitter detected, these autists are always the ones crying about das2, they are so fun to fuck around with in invasions.
Speaking of shitters, what is the go to trash player set in other souls games?
I'm guessing pisspants knight for das3, not sure about das des or bb though.
>>
>>382031658
>They took rooms people complained about and put more stupid bullshit in them
That sounds awesome. I want to play SotFS now.
Devs telling players to go fuck themselves and making things even harder is my favourite thing, and is part of what made me fall in love with the Souls series in the first place.
>>
>>382036409
Its just aditional enemies here and there. At much spiderSeath giving you a welcome before prowling magus.
>>
>>382037085
Probably giantdad for dark souls 1, it's always guaranteed autists and trash players using it. Anyone not retarded knew it wasn't an effective build in the slightest.
>>
>>382029892
I remember having such a tough time with the pursuer. Then I played 3 and after finishing it went back through the series again. Played through 1 and 2 like the webm, everything felt so slow in comparison.
>>
>>382027380
Most of the resons people hate this game are stuff nobody actually cares about (like "world connectivity") or examples of how they can't adapt their playstyle to a new game (like complaining about there being too many enemies).

There are some legitimate complaints like how blatantly unfinished the game feels, how distractingly ugly it is, the swathes of low quality bosses but overall it largely delivered on what a Souls game should contain: areas to explore, an interesting backstory, challenging bosses and tight gameplay.

Overall it did each of these slightly worse than DS1, and it least it tried to do its own thing, where DS3 to me just felt like a really typical sequel that was geared to the fans at the expense of its own ideas, though I do think it had probably the best/highest quality bosses in the series for the few it had.

Dark Souls 2 just feels like it is a quantity over quality game for the most part that the bad parts stand out more and people ignore what it does so well.
>>
>>382029372
I like their jankiness, it lets me experiment with them. Unlike DaS3 where everyone is forced into the same experience everytime.
>>
File: 1489121762747.jpg (82KB, 328x342px) Image search: [Google]
1489121762747.jpg
82KB, 328x342px
>>382027380
>weakest pyromancy in the game
>equipped on a map where every enemy stands in or below water
>meme armor and weapon combo
>no health
>>
File: 1365107281620.jpg (90KB, 706x720px) Image search: [Google]
1365107281620.jpg
90KB, 706x720px
>>382029224
>It's probably the best of the three souls games.
>>
>>382027380
Literally just use cleric's parma or some other magic parry shield
>>
I've actually broke my ps3 controller (if I know how expensive they are, I'd think twice) when I played that part pre-patch, and I usualy don't rage in games.
Thread posts: 150
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.