[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How difficult would it be to mod this game from 640x480 to 1920x1080

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: Warcraft II.png (186KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Warcraft II.png
186KB, 640x480px
How difficult would it be to mod this game from 640x480 to 1920x1080 without stretching anything, only expanding the window like in the pic to show more of the map?
>>
>>382026596
I found a post about Warcraft 3 maybe that helps?
www.overclock net/t/305554/how-to-force-warcraft-3-to-display-a-high-or-widescreen-resolution

If you don't have access to the source code there is other than that almost no chance
>>
>>382026596
Most likely not feasible without the source code.

Your best bet would be an open project to reimplement the game in its entirety.
>>
>>382026596
>mfw you can launch any cnc rts on any os with any resolution you want from the box
Why the fuck are studios with actually talented people who can make well coded games get destroyed while shit companies like blizzard continue to exist?
>>
>>382026596
The game does not support changing resolutions so it's most likely build from the ground up with everything set to work on 640x480 resolution.
The easiest way to get that thing in fHD is to recreate the whole game... luckily for you, it's a a pretty obvious idea and the only thing standing between it and reality has been Blizzard's C&D dildo going up the ass of anyone who has tried so far.
>>
>>382026596
Must be underage to think about that possibility desu senpai
>>
File: stratagus.jpg (319KB, 1366x1024px) Image search: [Google]
stratagus.jpg
319KB, 1366x1024px
A PITA.

Stratagus is an open source clone where you can easily do that.
>>
>>382028780
Cool, thanks
>>
>>382026596
convert the game from jpg or bmp to png and stretch/skew in photoshop.
>>
>>382028780
Why does this allow you to build over trees?
>>
>>382026596
Can't you just change resolution value to 1920x1080 in the config.txt?
>>
>>382028780
Tried Wargus, unfortunately it's unstable as fuck at least for campaign mode
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.